[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm sure there's some people who post here that aren't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1453546687586.gif (32 KB, 650x422) Image search: [Google]
1453546687586.gif
32 KB, 650x422
I'm sure there's some people who post here that aren't total spergs and have girls over and such. I find so many toys that I really like, but I'm concerned that the stuff that I buy is eventually going to be offputting to girls, or just end up in a drawer/closet, and I don't know how to find a middle ground.

How do you express your fandom and not overdo it with purchases that will embarrass you?

I definitely don't mean to be rude here, so many apologies if I do, it's partially my own insecurity.
>>
>>5757526
>it's partially my own insecurity
It's completely your insecurities. If you are intrinsically a person that people like, your hobbies are inconsequential because people will still gravitate towards you.
>>
Chad Thundercock can collect his "fuckin' sick" Hot toys figures of MCU capeshit and still band hot Stacys and your waifu. The trick is to be otherwise financially stable, keep appearances up, and otherwise be a decent human being, who just happens to collect toys.
>>
What the other anons said. Also, keep a classy display. Don't overcrowd, use decent cabinets, put some effort into it. You'll feel better for having a rocking collection and that confidence will show.
>>
>>5757526

People post this thread like every day and I rarely respond but I think there's something pretty simple that I can explain to you, OP.

First of all if you're just talking about trying to just get laid at all ever or something and are worried about your ability to hook up with random-ish people as a one-time thing then I guess whatever. I'm not really trying to give advice about that.

But on the assumption that you're like looking for either a relationship or at least like a friend who you also fuck, like consider what you're asking about, then. Do you want to date or be friends with someone who makes you uncomfortable decorating your room the way you want to? Like this seems like pretty basic stuff but I have anxiety and stuff so I know sometimes even basic stuff can kind of go over your head when you're wrapped up in worrying about it.

But what you should do is whatever YOU want, and whatever you feel comfortable with. If someone loses interest in you because they see your toy collection or something like that, it's not a missed opportunity for you because you shouldn't want to be friends or be in a relationship with someone who doesn't approve of you just being you (with some exceptions like if you're being really self-destructive or something). It wouldn't be healthy, it would just suck.

If you feel like you have to actively turn down your power with regard to what you do in the privacy of your own home to have a better chance at finding a relationship, then you're saying you want to actively seek out a relationship that's founded on you being slightly dishonest about who you are because you know they wouldn't like the fully honest version of you. You're literally going out of your way to date someone who doesn't like you by pretending to be a slightly different person, which is a ticking time bomb until you realize you don't like each other lol.
>>
>>5757540

The way I've gone about it right now is to buy more expensive and ornate things, like the Hot Toys example, but the problem is, I still want the cheaper, less advanced figures. I have a couple of Spidey statues that look cool, but what happens when I want a couple of cool Legends figures? Where do those go?

>>5757560

Which comes to my point, don't overcrowd, use decent cabinets, etc. The problem is overcrowding. The problem is buying stuff I don't need, and displaying it, or just hiding it.

>>5757572
It's twofold - yes, I'm a single guy with the opportunity to hook up with randoms. I don't want some cute girl to come over to get laid and then be like "this dude's room was just covered with toys" to her girlfriends and make me look like a creep.

Yes, I want to be with someone who embraces my hobbies, but I don't want to be so involved in my hobbies/collecting that it's offputting to someone I really like.

I am very much not the kind of guy you would expect to own a bunch of toys or comics when you came over to their house after knowing them for a bit.
>>
>Have girl over
>Obviously uncomfortable with toys
>Inform her where the door is
>Move on with life

To a certain extent you're going to have to accept there's going to be certain people that are never going to be cool with your hobby and just go on without them. One thing I've done was keep all my toys in my home office while the bedroom and living room are relatively normal.
>>
>>5757597
>. I have a couple of Spidey statues that look cool, but what happens when I want a couple of cool Legends figures? Where do those go?

In your display dumbass. No cute girl is going to close her legs just because she sees a $20 toy in a display of $200 ones. At worst you'll be a weird one night stand. People who don't collect probably can't tell the difference and either assume their all kid's toys, or high end collectables, or kid's toys that are now collectables. We like to have this idea that collecting $200 toys makes our collections look more dignified than collecting retail toys by virtue alone, but non collectors largely won't care.
>>
>>5757526
Heres some advice. Girls, and most people in general, don't give a shit if you collect a ton of figures. What they care about is rather or not your place is a fucking cluttered mess. You can have walls of figures if you organize it and keep it all clean. People either don't mind or think it's cool. If it's a mess, then everyone will look down at it.

Here's another thing to understand. Most girls generally don't hold a guy's wealth that high, but the fact that you can afford a bunch of shit is more like icing on the cake the majority of the time, especially if you can comfortably afford all of it.
>>
>>5757526
>How do you express your fandom and not overdo it with purchases that will embarrass you?
You act like it's no big deal, because it isn't. If you act embarrassed by it people will treat it as something to be embarrassed about.
>>
>>5757526

> implying that a guy with a nice, clean collection isn't a sign that he has cash to spare.

Come on, anon. If I dated a guy with something like a well kept Hot Toy collection, my first thoughts would be

1) cool, we're both collectors.
2) he can probably give me one for our anniversary, ha.
>>
>>5757526
Easy ways to make your hobby stuff not off-putting to people you're trying to fuck:

1) Fuck men, I've never had a single guy over who went, "Wow, all this is yours, huh..." And nervously laugh.

2) Try not to date or fuck shallow people / teenagers. I've never even had a woman over who's given a shit because it's pretty easy to know if someone's going to give a shit. Just find a nice adult male or female and "boom".
>>
>>5757526
>Caring about what others think of you
It's your own goddamn money, unless if they're paying for it, they have no say in this.
>>
>>5757540
fuck off to r9k you whiteknighting piece of shit
>>
I'll let you in on a secret, OP:

Girls like guys who are confident. If you don't stutter and knock over your hotglued tittystatue collection when a girl comes to your place, she'll assume that the toys are no big deal.
>>
>>5757793
This

My GF ended up loving building model kits actually
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.