[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why were these so under rated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9
File: index.jpg (12 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
12 KB, 300x168
Why were these so under rated?
>>
because
>hurrrr hating Funko is cool, im such an edgy toy collector
>>
The articulation is abysmal, they can't stand well on their own besides a shitty static pose. Hands are tiny and cannot hold their weapons in a way any real hand could. The sculpts are blobby and the paint applications are just lazy drybrushed shit.
>>
I only have the power armor, but its proportions are off, is not very accurate to the game model, and the paint application is plain and in certain areas gloppy. Their game of thrones figures are much better done for some reason.
>>
>>5754769
>Roommate orders both of the Fallout figures as soon as they're announced and over pays for them
>Finally gets receives them and starts trying to pose them
>Cant get either in any pose without falling over other than standing straight up
>One day while he's out, I'm curious and start posing them
>Hip joint on Vault Dweller immediately shatters apart upon moving the leg forward
>Super glue hip back together before he gets back home
>He still hasn't noticed that the hips are super glued shut because he hasnt touched them at all since first getting them.

I think we would've been better off still wishing for figures rather than the ones we got.
>>
>no Sheogorath
>main figure is of Bethesda's mistake at canonizing Dovahkiin's appearance,making the character creation menu pointless
>other is of random crap no one cared about
>>
>>5754816
You are aware that the dovakhin is from the premier trailer, right? there is no canon dovakhin design.
>>
File: FO3.jpg (48 KB, 578x960) Image search: [Google]
FO3.jpg
48 KB, 578x960
>>5754769
i have the vault dweller and its easily the absolute worst toy i won.

>hip joints

The hip joints are Ballpegs connected perpendicular to the torso. You know what that means? They are completely useless. As in literally. You can't physically make him kick forwards or backwards. No walking pose, no kicking pose, no jumping pose, no running pose, no kneeling pose, nothing. its impossible.

>Hands & Rifle

He has one fist and one open hand. the open hand is not able to hold his rifle because of the way the hand is open. its not ment to be holding the rifle handle, the other hand being a fist makes it impossible as well. You could theoretically make him hold the rifle on the gun barrel, like hees carrying it, but thats all. And since you can't put him in a walking position, this doesn't seem very Vault Dweller-esque. The way he's holding the rifle in your promo picture is impossible though.

and the obligatory fuck-ups they had to tie in are there as well
>shitty material
>shitty paint apps
>ugly joints

like, imagine everything that could make a figure bad, and its right there. Pic related is the most dynamic and interesting pic i could take, i'm serious.
>>
>>5754769
Because they weren't that great? I've only got the Power Armor, but his proportions were disappointing and his articulation is mediocre. On top of that everyone was hoping for a nice variety of characters from the games but instead we just got two mediocre figures from each game and they're both versions of the player character.
>>
>>5754800
You broke your roommates stuff and then didn't tell them? Clearly you're a great person!
>>
File: P1150842.jpg (445 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
P1150842.jpg
445 KB, 1200x1600
I got the Power Armor dude at my store for about a tenner after my discount. I still felt ripped off. I had to spend 2 hours after I got it open fixing the knee and paint job. It looks alright now, but still isn't that great of a toy.
>>
>>5755202

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>5754769
When a figure makes McFarlane Halo and Assassin's Creed figures look like masterpieces of poseability...
>>
File: IMG_2227.jpg (194 KB, 1600x1064) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2227.jpg
194 KB, 1600x1064
>>5754895
I have the dragon born and he really fun. I have the vault dweller as well and yeah, worst toy I have ever touched. I also heard the dadric warrior has the same mold it's probably good too.
>>
File: IMG_2880.jpg (138 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2880.jpg
138 KB, 1200x1200
>>5756418
Oh I also took photos of the shit the waist to help describe what this guy is saying >>5754895
A thigh swivel would have helped greatly
>>
>>5754895
I kinda want it now, just to see how bad it is.
>>
File: IMG_2871.jpg (110 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2871.jpg
110 KB, 1200x1200
>>5756426
Well be sure to you can get your money back because you will regret it. Pic is how far his elbow bend is. It won't go any farther
>>
>>5756428
I have a fucked up obsession with crappy figures. If anything, he'll look okay standing on the shelf, as most of my shit is posed that way.
>>
>>5754769
>shitty toys from shitty games

your welcome op
[/thread]
>>
>>5756464
Here's your (you)
>>
>>5756423
That's similar to the leg joints used on the Exo Squad figures, but worse.
Hilarious.
Someone designed it and someone wrote off on it.
>>
File: rifle.jpg (39 KB, 579x960) Image search: [Google]
rifle.jpg
39 KB, 579x960
>>5756418
so you would recommend the dragonborn even if the vault dweller sucks ass?
>>
I really wish they kept Gentle Giant on to sculpt these. Fucking Funko. Finally the plastic is decent but the sculpt and construction are terrible. Overall though I do enjoy the Power Armor despite the weird proportions.
>>
>>5756465
(You)
ftfy
>>
>>5757620
Thank (You)
:^)
>>
>>5756951
different anon here; dragonborn is alright, leg problems are the same, but he can at least handle his weapons.
>>
>>5756418
Would Dragonborn look good in my meme collection?
>>
>>5756418
He looks like he was only place in such a way because it's physically impossible for him to sit upright in a normal position. True? He's kinda hover-assing that bench and his body is mostly still in a stiff and upright position.
>>
File: IMG_2147.jpg (170 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2147.jpg
170 KB, 1200x1200
>>5761462
I think he would. The skirt hinders the leg movement a little but the joints are built differently than the vault dwellers. I can actually get a walking pose out of the dragon born.
>>
>>5754784
this. I was going to get the fallout power armor one but the proportions make it look goofy, it's legs are so long. The more pictures i saw the less and less i wanted it.
>>
>>5754769
Should have been Serana, Mjoll the Lioness, Aela the Huntress, & Whiterun guard.

Also made by McFarlane or Neca.
>>
I have the power armor figure. 2 minutes out of the packaging and one of the legs fell off. It's still incredibly loose and falls off when I pose the toy in any way. Finally just got it in a basic standing position and modded the arms slightly by taking an xacto to the little piece of armor on the inside of the elbow.
>>
These are still shelfwarming for $40 at EB Games here in Australia. Ugh.
>>
Didn't their other stuff use to have clear plastic as joints?
>>
File: IMG_20160701_144652.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160701_144652.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
The hands don't fit the weapon quite right and the joints were so tight when I bought it that I actually thought some of them didn't move.
But for the mosr part I really like mine. I don't have issues getting it to stand like some people are reporting.
>>
>>5767646
that dust is disgusting
>>
>>5767646
are they any good for painting?

I might get a few and have a Brotherhod outcast Squad.
>>
>>5767654
why would he dust his particle board shelves?
it wouldn't improve the appearance anyway.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.