[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Berserk Threezero
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 121148jxoa5egc7x7xomnc.jpg (241 KB, 1447x2048) Image search: [Google]
121148jxoa5egc7x7xomnc.jpg
241 KB, 1447x2048
1/6 Guts by Threezero
Would you buy it?

pros
>articulated prosthesis
>leather detailed
>hidden elbow joint
>most detailed guts figure on the market

cons
>worst ankle joints in recent times
>wire framed cape that will surely break after a few uses
>tiny head
>shoulder joints and all joints look quite restricted in movement resulting in unnatural action poses
>dat box gap
>>
File: 121131d8zuwuee8w58j5zm.jpg (230 KB, 1447x2048) Image search: [Google]
121131d8zuwuee8w58j5zm.jpg
230 KB, 1447x2048
>>5736856
>dat
>>
File: 121055bdudkstkkk4tk7ms.jpg (385 KB, 1447x2048) Image search: [Google]
121055bdudkstkkk4tk7ms.jpg
385 KB, 1447x2048
>>5736857
>>
>>5736856
is that a "bedny" (soft goods over wie endoskeleton) figure?
>>
>>5736859
just the right arm afaik
>>
>>5736859
No, it's not wire, there are joints under those arms with a rubber layer over them. The rest of the body is normal plastic joints like any other toy. This is a pretty common practice for high-end toys with exposed skin. And yeah, it will inevitably rot or tear. The toy industry just hasn't solved that problem yet.

>>5736856
What kind ankle joints are they? As I understood it, ThreeZero uses TrueTypes just like ThreeA, which should have a double ball ankle...

Also, it's a bit hyperbolic to say the cape will "surely break after a few uses." I have quite a few wireframed capes that are still holding up just fine after many reposings.

>box gap
?????
>>
>>5736856
No, the fact that they skimped on what is now basic articulation on what will be an overpriced figure means that they can go shove it up their assholes
>>
File: Capture.png (608 KB, 994x468) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
608 KB, 994x468
>>5736863
oh he meant wire*

so probably similar to the tmnt arms
>>
>>5736856

> those ankles.

No rhank you?
>>
>>5736863
probably truetypes but it's likely the armor that restricts the movement. A figma would have segmented the armor like the thigh armor in figma guts 187 to get more poses
>>
Literally any pose I use with that sword will be ruined by those fucking ankles. Do these designers even fuck with toys at all?
>>
>>5736863
>it will inevitably rot or tear

Nothing else ThreeZero have released has degraded yet.

I believe they're using vinyls as opposed to rubber.
>>
>>5736893
To be honest, I wanna be hopeful too, but you can never tell with these things. It could happen a few years from now, it could never happen. Only time will tell, really. I'm also hopeful for Medicom--they may have hit upon a winning formula as well, I haven't hear any reports of tearing on the seamless RAH Eva arms yet.

>>5736870
That makes me really curious actually how the boot/foot armor is made. Double balls are actually specifically made to get around tight articulation situations....I can only suspect that the boot is one solid plastic piece for it to be getting such shit range. Which is totally baffling, it makes much more sense to have solid plastic armor on top of a soft goods boot or to make the foot a separate piece.

A VERY small part of me is hoping that ThreeZero just posed it shittily. Probably not. But it has happened in professional promo shots before.
>>
>>5736856
>hidden elbow joint
>pro

It looks like someone broke his damn arm.

And no, fuck this and figures like this that try too hard not to expose themselves as toys by preserving the sculpt and making every piece of articulation damn near useless as a result. Figures that try too hard to preserve likeness tend to only look good in a neutral standing pose and at that point I might as well buy a fucking statue for that price.
>>
>>5737134
It is a pro. The con is in the execution. It looks quite a bit better in >>5736865

I agree though, they focus too much on making it 1:1 that the poseability is almost removed. I haven't been impressed by any of the othrr three zero human figures. Do they not have a double ball joint on the shoulder? Or are the shoulders just dysfunctional? Looks shit in all of their GoT figures and Titanfall pilots. Price is too steep for what it looks like now. Cancelled my preorder pending the reviews
>>
Never liked when they have hidden joints. Usually the 'skin' starts to crack and fall apart after a while. Give me bare bone joints.
>>
>>5736893
the feets on my 3A Metal Gear Ray have started to show signs of wear and tear already. And I didn't even touch it.

>>5736856
I kinda wanted this because the headsculpt was pretty nice. But caved and bought the RAH when it had a pretty good slash on its price.

Also, experiences with the 3A/3Z items I've bought so far have pretty much told me that they don't pose very well.
>>
>>5738596
Well, if this >>5736865 is to be believed, they're constantly researching and switching up their materials. Rex was originally released back in 2012--four years ago. It is entirely possible that they've found more durable materials since.

Also, re: articulation, it really depends on how the character is designed. Nearly every human ThreeA figure starts with a base of a (modified) Hot Toys TrueType--which is a VERY poseable body. After that it's just a matter of how much clothing/armor goes onto that body, and how much it hampers the articulation. What I'm trying to say is that I own quite a lot of ThreeA/ThreeZero figures, and they either have stupendous articulation, or they have articulation that's understandably gimped by their design.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.