[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Revoltech General: Votes Be Voted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: 1465806713904.jpg (164 KB, 899x633) Image search: [Google]
1465806713904.jpg
164 KB, 899x633
The Revoltech 10th Anniversary Vote is on! Here is how you vote:

Follow @kaiyodo_PR

Click the Revos you want on http://kaiyodo.co.jp/rv10/

Hit the tweet tab on the window that appears You can vote 5 different items per day. Voting ends June 20.

>JUNE
Dark Magician (Movie: Dark Side of Dimensions)
Yugi Muto (Movie: Dark Side of Dimensions)
Sakamoto (Haven't you heard? I'm Sakamoto)
Barrel Speeder 3-in-1 Version
KT Project Skeleton Musha Iron Rust Color

>JULY
Seto Kaiba (Movie: Dark Side of Dimensions)
Blue Eyes Alternate White Dragon (Movie: Dark Side of Dimensions)
Bonda Natsunosuke (Gurazeni) x4 uniforms
KT Project Skeleton Musha Color Version

>AUGUST
Movie Revo: Iron Man Mark 45
Baikanfu (Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos)
Assemble Borg - Jarkroid - Volga / Walze

>TBA
Kaiser X Equipment (Male Swordsman)
Dino Equipment
Kirin Equipment (Female Swordsman)
Hyakuya Yuuichiro (Seraph of the End)
Hyakuya Mikaela (Seraph of the End)
Diane (Seaven Deadly Sins)
Beat (Jet Set Radio) - 2016
Arthur (Ghosts 'n' Goblins) - 2016
66' Batmobile with Batman & Robin
Gamera 1967 (Gamera vs Gyaos)
Gyaos 1967 (Gamera vs Gyaos)
G1 Gamera (Gamera: Guardian of the Universe)
Gyaos (Gamera: Guardian of the Universe)
G2 Gamera (Gamera 2: Attack of Legion)
Legion (Gamera 2: Attack of Legion)
G3 Gamera (Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris
Underwater Knee Socks Revoltech
???New Hero??? Yamaguchi Revoltech
Fraulein Zwei series

Previous >>5720935
>>
Still voting Jason, Megatron, and Melona every day.

Can't believe what shit taste the Japs have, not including Vash.
>>
>>5734492
I just really wish they would re-release Wolfwood, Ed and Al. Maybe Jetwing Gurren Lagann as well. They're really the only ones I absolutely want while my other votes have been mainly going to other stuff people want like Melona.
>>
File: all the monies.jpg (472 KB, 1394x1434) Image search: [Google]
all the monies.jpg
472 KB, 1394x1434
Just saw it over in the Marvel General, Revo Deadpool ahoy

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-27742.html
>>
File: Ck_CIBGUoAQT3ZP[1].jpg (298 KB, 849x1200) Image search: [Google]
Ck_CIBGUoAQT3ZP[1].jpg
298 KB, 849x1200
Spidey and Venom teased as well.
>>
>>5734837
Oh whoa what I have been dreaming for so long came true.

Yamaguchi did Spider-Man figures before I always wanted him to revisit with Revoltechs.

All rage from the votes have been nullified.
>>
>>5734837
>>5734837
Oh whoa what I have been dreaming for so long came true.

Yamaguchi did Spider-Man figures before I always wanted him to revisit with Revoltechs.

All rage from the votes have been nullified.

Hope he does some comic book IM and CA.
>>
File: 1444129062634.gif (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1444129062634.gif
6 KB, 200x200
>>5734835
Looks great. Not a collector of capeshit figures, but I really like how expressive the faces look.
>>
>>5734492

Same but with Jason, Melona and Raoh/Cocoa

>>5734835

That looks great.
>>
>>5734835
I'd buy it.
Probably will turn out better than the figma considering their failures with western properties.
>>
>>5734842
>>5734844
Oops first one went through after all.

Also Wolverine and Cyclops would be good matches for Yamaguchi.
>>
>>5734837
Looks like it might be the bulkier Venom, cool beans.
>>
File: 1461049069439.png (405 KB, 537x879) Image search: [Google]
1461049069439.png
405 KB, 537x879
>>5734852

Hey, Leonidas was a recent western property and turned out pretty decent.

If MF had any sense tho they'd do Gwenpool instead, I know most don't like the character but she'd suit figma aesthetics a lot more.
>>
>>5734856
I'll probably end up getting the revo just for price anyway. All of GSC's Marvel shit has been really expensive, on top of their figures already getting more expensive over time.
>>
>>5734853
>jim lee cyclops yamaguchi style
my MVC display will finally come true!!!
>>
Weird that GSC teased first but we're seeing the pics for the revoltech earlier
but it's probably easier for them since their using the peace walker snake body
>>
>>5734860
Yeah people complain about Revo prices but considering the volume and amount of accessories you get figma seems more of a ripoff at times.
>>
>>5734867
GSC needs to hurry up so I can make a decision.
>>
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/449552
It's not a Revolmini is it? I'm assuming Deadpool Revo was announced during the Revolmini period which lead to this page.
>>
>>5734871
I sure as fuck hope not.
>>
>>5734871
>>5734873

>Revolmini period

Revolminis are fucking dead, no idea why it's listed like that on the page.

Easiest way to check? Revolminis don't have toe joints.
>>
>>5734867
>using the peace walker snake body
More like SS Venom Snake with double 6mm joints for shoulders and BJ for hips since I don't see enough space for revo joints for the hips

Considering how long it takes for figmas to be released, this is normal. Bandai drops a brand new figure with PO opening next month all the time as well.

Difference between what gets kept a secret and what gets shown early on is confusing to me.
>>
>>5734871
It's not a mini.
Super easy to tell and people are stupid to consider that.

You can see the 4mm joints on the knee pads
>>
>>5734874
>>5734867

Huh, I just checked and never realized Peacewalker Snake didn't have a toe joint either, weird.

Still ain't a mini.
>>
>>5734837
>Spidey revo
>Mezco spidey
>Figuarts spidey most probably
>movie next year
>game next year
Oh boy I don't want off this train
>>
>>5734837
What's really interesting is what it says for future lineup.

Of course it says Ame-comi characters, but also "characters suited for Ame-comi style(arrangement)."
"
>>
>>5734835
>>5734837
Literally the perfect toyline for a character like Deadpool.
>>
>>5734855
It's just Venom's MvC2 art and a pic of Spidey from ASM2. I wouldn't think much of it.
>>
File: img_5.jpg (114 KB, 1276x992) Image search: [Google]
img_5.jpg
114 KB, 1276x992
>>5734837
To give folks some ideas, Yamaguchi's past works.

Now if Yamaguchi also does Leopaldon I will be a happy man.
>>
>>5734952
Hoping for Agent Venom then. Or is that too many military types?
>>
>>5734957
I highly doubt they'll pull a switch like that. Agent Venom isn't popular at all in Japan or really in the states. Japan loves Eddie, Wade, and Peter.
>>
>>5734958
If you"re pulling the popularity card, most comic book heroes are unknown to many unless they are in the centre of a movie poster.

I don't think many knows Venom since Spider-Man 3 is long forgotten.

And Kaiyodo tends to throw curve balls for what is popular. Choosing Deadpool would be just that if the movie wasn't miraculously made and successful.

Isn't there an Agent Venom movie being made? Whenever that will be.
>>
>>5734835
>>5734837
Lol, I can already see all the autistic comments coming out.

"Is it 6 inch! Muh 6 inch!"
"Revoltech quality is shit!"
"Too hard to pose"
"ML has more accessories though"

If people took like 2 min to learn what the hell they were doing with a Revo, they would be the most popular toyline out.
>>
>>5734992
>"ML has more accessories though"
It does?
>>
>>5734996
Cheap, unpainted weapons that will probably be warped is about it. The unmasked head is the only thing I can see complaining about.
>>
>>5734835
>>5734837
This reminds me, we need a Ryu Hayabusa Revo. Why hasn't this been done?!
>>
>>5735001

There was a NECA which people swear was the be all end all
>>
>>5735004
Be all end all in the sense that it was the only thing out there?
>>
>>5734992
Comparing any 6inch American action figure to Japanese ones is idiotic madness.

Purpose and target are different to begin with.

Not being able to tell scale and somehow not being able to pose a pretty basic structure figure is beyond my understanding.

Many accepted Ultron and he has some unique joint placements. I don't think posing is really an issue just a stigma that stops people from even trying.
>>
>>5735004
Eh, it's fine, but it's 7 inch with the super-standard articulation setup. And it also seems to have been bootleged to hell, so finding an original for a decent price is tough.
>>
>>5735007
I can understand comparing things. Best bang for your buck, and a lot of people would rather not buy multiple figures of the same character, so finding the best one in a general size is what plenty of collectors do.

There's still plenty of tards that claim Revos are impossible to pose and are nightmares in terms of QC. People are just so used to American standard of articulation that anything remotely different is automatically worse and unnecessary.
>>
File: image.jpg (401 KB, 2048x1562) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
401 KB, 2048x1562
>>5734978
Venom has always been popular. Marvel makes so much merchandise of him that people can't forget about him, and people generally like him for being a Spider-Man foil. Did you not see he got a Play Arts Kai figure? If the teaser looks like Venom it'll be Venom. I would agree with you only if the image was of Agent Venom. They're both distinctly different characters, even Kotobukiya is making an Agent Venom AND a Venom figure for their new Spidey line. And I don't know where you heard about an Agent Venom movie, there's talks of a VENOM movie though. Agent Venom just isn't popular to warrant a figure like this.
>>
>>5734999
Alternate expressive heads >> weapons any day. Easy to find alternative weapons.

Although a good size rocket launcher seem to be a difficult find.
>>
>>5735017
Oh I meant Japanese figure >>> American figure all the time so deciding on which is better is stupid. One is more expensive so can't be helped. Unless you go into play value/dollar.
>>
>>5735017
Revo definitely has better QC than fucking Figuarts.
>>
>>5735018
PAK and Koto statues seem to pick characters with foreign market in mind, not sure if they have their own direct pipe line for it. But they seem to have more exposure at US conventions than others. Koto picks some really obscure characters don't tell me they are popular too. Just saying if it wasn't in a recent movie most folks don't know, only otakus who seeks out the information does. Venom was only in some games and in an older movie in a fucked up way.

Venom movie, I herd it on a podcast and it said the movie is separate from Spider-Man property, and they thought it will be an Agent Venom like story. Forgot it was unconfirmed.
>>
>>5735032
??

Problem with Revoltechs is that surface is covered in paint. More paint means more chances of errors and people find that as bad QC. They are asking for the impossible really.
Bandai gets away with this by using the color of the plastic for the most parts.

Also maybe they bought them during the era of bad revolver joints and stopped, assuming it is still the same today (morons).
>>
>>5735046
I've honestly had way more QC issues with Figuarts than Revoltech, and it's not just limited to paint.
>>
>>5734954
I remember these. I actually wanted to get Venom at on point but never got around to it. Good to know he's revisiting him so I can get a better Revo figure of him now.
>>
Looks like Deadpool is the first of a new series "Amecomi Yamaguchi" No. 001. They'll be making both American and European superheroes. Measuring at 150mm(5.9"). Eye parts are swappable with two head sculpts.
>>
File: image.jpg (265 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
265 KB, 800x800
>>
File: 1441140428978.png (534 KB, 598x512) Image search: [Google]
1441140428978.png
534 KB, 598x512
>>5735101
>Swappable eyes
Good News: Lots of variations for his expressions
Bad News: Could be really easy to just fucking lose forever like Alucard's glasses.
>>
>>5735097
>European superheroes
Huh. Such as...?
Like Judge Dredd?
>>
>>5735101
I wonder if the knife comes out.
>>
>>5735105

Hopefully he'll come with that little plastic crate some Revos get.

Would've preferred alt heads but fuck it that's a nitpick.
>>
>>5735101
Hope it releases before November.
>>
>>5735121
Somehow doubt it else it would be included as part of the "loose" accessories.
>>
File: 1438573035889.gif (1 MB, 738x761) Image search: [Google]
1438573035889.gif
1 MB, 738x761
>>5735118
>Yamaguchi Revoltech Dredd
Good lord, anon. You can't go and spring such wonderful thoughts on people like that out of the blue.
>>
File: HQ shadowchaser 07.jpg (330 KB, 850x1278) Image search: [Google]
HQ shadowchaser 07.jpg
330 KB, 850x1278
>>5735124

Not always and it varies among companies, one example is the Figuarts Harley Quinn, they never showed the boot knife as a loose accessory and it does indeed come out.

Yeah it's not a Revo but you get my meaning.
>>
>>5735124
Yeah I thought so. Strange choice.

>>5735122
No they stopped that long ago. Will likely have the new stand though. Just get small ziplock bags or something.

>>5735123
For sure. Revo has like 2, 3 month period between PO day and release day, I assume PO will start end of June since it was suppose to be on Figure-Oh at that time.
>>
>>5735129
Sorry, I just don't know any European super heroes and thought it's a weird concept for "Ame"comi Yamaguchi line.

Or is it that many famous super heroes in Marvel are actually created by Europeans and he meant it like that.
>>
>>5735143
Well, there's a lot of pretty notable British and Irish comic writers, so maybe that's what they meant.

Are there any characters by Grant Morrison that Revoltech might want to tackle?
>>
>>5735163

I don't know about superheroes, but there's a lot of cool characters in 2000AD they could use, Rogue Trooper, the ABC Warriors, Dredd as mentioned, and other comic book types like Modesty Blaise, hell fuck it, gimme Tintin!
>>
>>5735163
I'm curious if this line will do any DC stuff or be all Marvel. Kaiyodo does some batman stuff, but have been Marvel friendly for quite some time.

I know not many share my vision, but I always wanted a Yamaguchi made He-Man figures...
Never ever will happen, better to custom some Kinnikuman figures, but similar style of characters can emerge from this Amecomi line.
>>
SPAAAAAWN!!

Yea or nay?

Or is that over Mcfarlane's dead body type of situation?
>>
>>5735170
Damn. Who? Who? Who and Who?

If I have no idea who they are, no one in Japan does so no way it will happen even for Kaiyodo.

I think they will hit the big names, maybe do like 6 at most.
>>
>>5734835

Ok, this looks perfect.
>>
>>5735101
This is going to be orders of magnitude more fun than the Figma, isn't it?
>>
>>5735118
>Yamaguchi Metabaron
>Yamaguchi Druuna (cast-off)
>Yamaguchi Major Grubert
>Yamaguchi Diabolik
>Yamaguchi Strontium Dog

MY DIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK
>>
>>5735179
He let Medicom make a 1/6 RAH Spawn some time ago.

Supposedly a McFarlane x Ashley Wood x 3A Spawn is in the works because Wood was a guest artist on one of the better comic runs, but nothing's been mentioned about that for years.
>>
>>5735185

>I think they will hit the big names, maybe do like 6 at most.

Well who do you consider big names in European comics?
>>
>>5735203
Asterix and Obelisk?
Tintin?
Dennis the Menace?
>>
>>5735206

Well I did mentionTintin and I guess I omitted Asterix and Obelix because as much as i like them I'm not too hype for toys of them like I would be for the others I put down.
>>
>>5735188
Yep, it'll probably have double the articulation and accessories at half the price
>>
>>5735203
No one?
I'm skeptical about this European business.
Source?

Ok wtf is wrong with captcha? I can barely handle how retarded it's being.
>>
>>5735221

Just use legacy captcha already.
>>
>>5735221
Directly translated from the print ad.
>>
>>5735230
What?

>>5734837 This one?

Was this by Google translate or something or you know Japanese and you read another ad? If so please link it I wanna see it.

The above picture has nothing about Europe.

I wanted to point out though it seems like Kaiyodo will also do non-Amecomi characters but in Amecomi style, what ever that will be like.
>>
>>5735230
>Deadpool, Spidey, Venom revo's
>maybe a JUDGE FUKKEN DREDD revo

This ALMOST makes up for the Japanese having tremendously shitty taste in this Legacy voting. Almost.

Fuck can anyone just rig a bot to just autovote Melona/Ed/Al/Musou Ken/Raoh & Kokuoh up by a bit day by day? Not huge amounts, but just weight that shit a bit?

Fuck shitty Japanese taste. Fuck that cat, fuck Leonadro, theres a billion Turtles figures out there.
>>
>>5735254
You know, this non-Amecomi characters in Amecomi style statement is the best chance we ever had for a possible Dante 2.0.
>>
>>5735260

The best chance for a new Dante would be a new DMC. Dante isn't a US character and if you're thinking maybe a videogame angle, Capcom can't use MVC shit anymore due to all of the legal shit between Disney/Mavel and the acquisition, thats why they had to drop MVC like a rock.
>>
>>5735263

>Capcom can't use MVC shit anymore due to all of the legal shit between Disney/Mavel and the acquisition, thats why they had to drop MVC like a rock.

I thought they dropped it cuz lack of profits, the Disney/Marvel merger happened way before MvC 3 came out.
>>
So are the 5 on top ones that are getting released or just the ones in the lead vote?
>>
>>5735263
Kaiyodo already did Dante so I assume they can still use him, or is that only for releasing the old one again?

Text does say they will do non-American Comic characters as well. I imagine they mean something like All Might could be included in this line, as a random example.
>>
>>5735268
The vote is not directly linked to Legacy releases. It's a popular vote, and there's hints that Legacies may be influenced by it.
>>
>>5735268
In the lead as of the 9th.
No one specified what will become Legacies either. Safe to assume No.1 will at least.
>>
>>5735276

No idea! Who knows what Kaiyodo's contract with Capcom was, but if we do get one it'll probably be under UC since they're already pretty buddy/buddy with Capcom with all those MH releases mean anything.

>>5735265

Nah, Westerner's love MVC, or at least MVC2. MVC3 though needed more work and Capcom wasn't doing much for it. Capcom's been halfassing all their fighters for years now though, not surprised.
>>
>>5734992
>Revoltech quality is shit
>Too hard to pose
>ML has more accessories

All perfectly true and reasonable criticisms, I'm afraid.
>>
Doctor Doom would be nice to have. I think his design matches with Yamaguchi's style. Could do some interesting dynamic cape pieces.
>>
>>5735297
Marvel has a complete boycott on F4 until the movie rights are back. They're more lenient on X-Men because X-Men is way more popular & don't have anything against DP because he's taking in mad cash now.
>>
so max factory blown out right?
>>
>>5735331
Considering we haven't even seen their prototype yet, can't say for sure. But I doubt it will be any more impressive. Maybe visually, but that's about it. Articulation will be nowhere near as good.
>>
>>5735331

Well when you don't have jack to show for it but a COMING SOON placard and no prototype, pretty much yeah .
>>
>>5734837
Finally a good fucking Venom. It's literally has never been done with exception of customs
>>
>>5735215
I'm pretty sure the era of revoltechs being the cheap alternative to figuarts/figma is over.

>>5735331
If they rush things out like with bruce lee, absolutely. Unless one of them gets absolutely panned in reviews though, I'll probably end up with the big 3 versions coming out soon.
>>
>>5735498
FIgma still charges an assload for popular characters. Their other Marvel figures were quite expensive, as well as the MGS figures. Venom and Ultron were quite expensive though, so you may be right.
>>
>>5735498
Actually Bruce Lee took way too long to come out which was the problem.

Figuarts just beat them to the punch with a better overall product.
>>
As much as I loved Deadpool I had the chance to fiddle with Snake for a bit and he's so big and sturdy that it feels pretty weird to pose it.

If Deadpool is using the same body as base I'll pass and wait for the figma, since it'll probably have a "slim" and tall body which I think it suits DP more
>>
>>5735510
>Venom and Ultron were quite expensive
Exactly. I'm not expecting ridiculous prices like 7-8k or whatever, but anyone expecting 4k full featured revoltechs again is gonna be disappointed.

>>5735513
Yeah, it's not exactly the same but that's still sort of what I meant. They went with what they had because they knew people weren't going to double dip on him, and ended up going with what they had instead of redoing it.

>>5735521
What's with people thinking he's a remold of PW snake? I don't have him anymore, but I'm not really seeing it.
>>
File: CitT-yDUUAIWAI0.jpg (23 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CitT-yDUUAIWAI0.jpg
23 KB, 600x450
>>5735525
>people thinking he's a remold of PW snake?

It's just how Yamaguchi sculpts figures. They are all brand new sculpts, it's just he has a distinct style he achieved for human figures, really since Kinnikuman really.

Only line that reused molds was the RevolMini
>>
File: bengus.jpg (578 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
bengus.jpg
578 KB, 1000x1000
>>5734837
Posted this in the marvel thread. Are we getting a Marvel vs Capcom style Venom? Most likely it's just a placeholder silhouette but a Revo MvC style Spidey and Venom would be sweet.
>>
>>5735666
Damn that would be amazing
>>
>>5735666
Talking about style, all you can really expect is "Yamaguchi style." Design wise sure that looks like classic Venom but will likely have all the muscles like the blind box figure he made over 10 years ago.
>>
Oh shit being a Revoltech we can do all the dismemberment we want.

Where did I put those Eva-02 Beast blood effect parts, I had a few...
>>
So is Yamaguchi fully on capeshit now? Is he and/or Kaiyodo still gonna make weaboo pop culture figures?

Also does anyone know the deal with UC and Vulcanlogs? Do they still use Kaiyodo's sculpter or just licensing the joint? I had the Vulcanlog Tigrex and Yamaguchi's name's on it. It is very confusing nowadays with Movie Complex line, Yamaguchi Capeshit series, Vulcanlogs, etc. I wish they could just stay as one line
>>
>>5734835
PREORDER FUCKING WHEN
>>
if we do get a dredd that could mean we get some effects for his law master. if we get other European comic characters isn't Valerian pretty popular and there is a movie coming out soon too.
>>
>>5735196
Jesus fucking christ
the metabaron
I'd never thought of that in a fucking million years.
That would be fucking cool like fuuuuuck me
I mean
Can you fucking Imagine a whole line of them
like the whole fucking dynasty
even steelhead
WITH INTERCHANGEABLE HEADS LIKE IN THE COMIC JAAAAAAYUUUUS
I swear every drop of my blood is flowing to my dick right now
>>
>>5735730
Yamaguchi will be busy with this new line most likely, since his name is on it.

Kaiyodo has other sculptors working on their Revo lines.

UC does kind of carry on the pop culture stuff now. UC distributes for a few other companies, and they will continue using those sculptors for Vulcanlog. Not sure if they have their own dedicated sculptors... Yamaguchi handles the articulation aspect of them, that's why his name was on the box. Beside Venom Snake of course which he made 100% of.
>>
File: Studio_20160216_204040.jpg (229 KB, 599x600) Image search: [Google]
Studio_20160216_204040.jpg
229 KB, 599x600
>>5735101
Holy fuck yes. Fuck the marvel legends.
>>
>>5735769
Please forget everything I said about Dredd. Just said it becouse some one said European heroes.

This European comic stuff is total horse shit I see nothing about that in any Japanese text available.

Kaiyodo will just do the real famous ones plus Japanese characters in Amecomi style what ever that will result in.
>>
>>5735861
I know it's s pipe dream but I could use a good 6 inch dredd. Any way hopefully yamaguchi figures out a better way to do spideys hips than the soft plastic that will warp in after a while. venom is also gonna be hard to beat the ML.
>>
File: revoMelynx1.jpg (130 KB, 827x600) Image search: [Google]
revoMelynx1.jpg
130 KB, 827x600
I just got this gatito today and I'm a filthy fag who knows nothing about the Monster Hunter series. What's the green neon effect looking piece for? I can't find any pictures of it in use on the box or online anywhere.
>>
>>5735883
Lightning? I think it's an effect part for the activated trap. Like an electric mine? I don't play either just guessing.
>>
>>5735883
>>5735887
it's for the shock trap, that little disc there.
>>
>>5734835
I'm excited and also sad

RIP my dreams of revo All Might
>>
>>5735883

The little disc in the MH games is a shock trap. It traps monsters for 1-5 seconds, roughly (depends on their stamina/rage/monster type, etc), in an electric field of sorts, so you can beat on them. The lightning is an effect part for it, to replicate the effect of it laying on the ground, emitting lightning.
>>
>>5735883
>>5735935

Oh, and the barrel looks to be a Large Barrel Bomb. It's an explosive, usually used for sleep-bombing, which is a technique where you put an enemy to sleep, put a ton of LBB's in it's face, and then set them all off for a big damage multiplier due to the monster sleeping.
>>
File: All Might.png (514 KB, 1401x912) Image search: [Google]
All Might.png
514 KB, 1401x912
>>5735930
Maybe if the anime gets more attention.
>>
>>5734954
How are these? What are they called?
>>
>>5735008
And yet NECA has never returned to this form of competence.
>>
>>5735101
What's the 2nd head for?
>>
>>5736086
Different mouth.
>>
>>5736086
different grimace
specifically the mouth area
>>
>>5735995
Something like Spider-Man Vignette Figure. They are small, limited articulation points figures.

Like mostly cut joints. Yamaguchi magic makes them pretty expressive though.

If you find them real cheap go for it, otherwise not really worth it.
>>
>>5735053
I have many a figuart, and I have only had 2 major QC issues I needed to get replacements for (which I got for free luckily). Furthermore, they were issues that were uncommon as far as I have seen.
>>
>>5736126
Congratulations.
>>
>>5734992
>"Revoltech quality is shit!"
>"Too hard to pose"
Already seen those comments. They do collect only American Marvel toys though so it's basically a complaint to ignore.
>>
>>5735185
>If I don't know, then Japan doesn't know.
Dredd is the most well known one there with the movie from a few years ago.
Rogue Trooper had a pretty decent game 10 or so years back too.
>>
>>5736207
Dredd yeah, I was talking about the others.

I'm Japanese into all the Japan stuff but living overseas and knowing English I had more exposure to comic book materials. Anything not big in Marvel and DC has very little recognition. Even the little amount I know I had to explain them to my otaku friends. It's still pretty niche there for the deeper stuff.

Decent game from 10 years ago, yeah, okay, everyone knows him sure.
>>
>>5736285

Just ignore the murrikans. This is a board where people expect Max Factory to cater to their cartoon network want lists and rage when they end up making schoolgirls instead of /v crap.
>>
>>5736158
I'm just giving a counter claim to his.

Note that I'm not trying to say Revo's QC is any better or worse. I don't have enough to make such a judgement. All I can say with the few I have is that the joints come out easy. But they are meant for easy implementation into a sculpt. So the double edge of sword being that they are as easy to come out as they are to go in is a given that doesn't lead to breakage.
>>
>>5736378
That's a problem that can be easily fixed.

Bandai figures tends to be more difficult to fix when there is an issue, so I prefer the stick a simple hinge joints into PVC type of figures in the end.

Not that I had much issues with figuarts, like one broken knee joint and one warped antenna in the course of all of them.
>>
>>5735053
Figuarts' issues are less with QC and more with just mediocre sculpts.
>>
>>5736355
this
the stupidity and entitlement on a few of these people are dumbfounding
>>
>>5736285

Japanon, can you explain why the Revo voting is so weird? As a fatmerican, I'm confused as fuck as to why whats winning that poll is winning.
>>
>>5736378

My only QC issues out of 15+ revo's have been some joints being damn near impossible to get out (gonna have to warm water or hairdryer them, but the parts have a bit of a wash on them so I really don't want), and my MH Rathelos Hunter's default left hand being stuck in the hole. It broke off when trying to remove it, had to drill it out.
>>
>>5736440
I'm just as confused lol. Tristriker makes perfect sense people wanted it reissued for years.

Vash sure is a good Revo.

Leonardo, well he is super expensive right now, but other than the new cartoon and movies not sure why he is popular.

Toro...what the hell. Only thing that comes to mind, right now in Japan there is this stupid thing going, calling it cat (neko) boom. Cats are super popular in Japan now. How do cats become a trend? It's cats they are always popular... Anyways cat prices like doubled to tripled because of it, everyday I see talents on TV holding a kitten, showing funny cat videos, etc.

Sooooo Toro is a cat, got votes??? I have no idea.

People who use twitter are full of idiots maybe.
>>
>>5736623

Thanks for some insight Japanon. That at least explains Toro, but last I checked he's dirt cheap anyway, so it doesn't even feel like he needs a reissue. Unless he recently got hit by a buying storm anyway and became rare as fuck, similar to Figma Ryuko when Kill la Kill aired in the US, and suddenly her shelfwarming ass tripled in price as US weeaboo's snapped her up and now she's rare as fuck.

If you know of any Queens Blade fansites or communities in Japan, try to rally some folks to vote for Melona. She really needs a reissue more than that cat or Leonardo who has a billion figures from every appearance ever.
>>
>>5735046

Me too. Ultra-Act Ultraman renewal was absolute shit, god damn. I was so excited to grab that because he's a childhood fav.
>>
>>5735294

I'm afraid you're retarded
>>
>>5736654
>Ultraman Renewal
Should have got yourself a decent release like Ultraseven 2.0 or pretty much almost anyone else.
>>
Deadpool preorder starts 6/17

10/22 release

6264 yen
>>
>>5736725
so tomorrow then?
>6264 yen
ehhhh, just 20 bucks more than the ML
i can dig
>>
>>5735846
Yes. The entire clan.

If it doesn't happen this way, if I ever 'make it' and have the money I'm starting my own company to make this happen.
>>
>>5734482
Recent tweets says No. 1 hasn't changed. Hope it's something good.

And that there were changes in the order for 2-5...meaning still the same members.

Fucking Toro. His birthday was May 6th btw. I don't care!!
>>
>>5736725
I find it interesting we have a 4 month period between PO and release. Pretty uncommon for Kaiyodo.

I wonder if the extra time is for making more product because they expect big sales. But Iron Man would likely sell more in the end and he has the usual schedule.

Maybe they're actually collecting the appropriate number of PO first then deciding on number of production like figma or exclusive Bandai figures? 4 months enough time to do that?

Or we just got plenty of new stuff coming out August, September, and October already.
>>
>>5736729
Since when were MLs 40 bucks?
>>
>>5734835
So that's why Yamaguchi kept tweeting Deadpool stuff.
>>
>>5736935
if you live in malaysia they are
fucking hasbro malaysia increasing the prices of marvel shit
>>
>>5734835
I think this generally looks very good, only thing I'm not pleased about is the standard head. His eyes look too small....or maybe the black area around them does. Or maybe his head is too wide. I dunno. Something is off.

I wonder if some Photoshop flipping happened here, or if he actually comes with two different "eyebrow raised" heads. The one in the corner seems to have some frowny lip detail that the other doesn't....
>>
>>5736946 see>>5735101
>>
File: Details_on_the_Torwartα1.png (4 MB, 2040x2323) Image search: [Google]
Details_on_the_Torwartα1.png
4 MB, 2040x2323
You knoe?
>>
>>5737030
Anima doesn't exist. Fuck off.
>>
>>5737064
But it looks cool.
>>
>>5737030

Only if she has cast-off armor ala Queens Blade.
>>
>>5737074
I like Eva too anon, but this doesn't look good.

Some Anima designs are cool but this one is utter waifushit-tier. What's the in-story explanation for this "design"?
>>
>>5736943
>Malaysia
Isn't a meal cost like $2 there? How can one justify buying useless plastic that is 20x the price of a proper lunch and how can there be a market for such thing?
>>
>>5737081
Asuka combined with her Eva, then came back as an enemy.
>>
>>5737081
>What's the in-story explanation for this "design"?

It probably gives Gendo a raging semi.
>>
>>5736686

what are the odds of the shf being good..?? Better yet... What are the odds of an Ultraman revoltech?
>>
>>5737374
The SHF looks fine if you can get over those ugly hip joints.
>wanting a Revoltech instead of a Figuarts or even the mediocre Ultra-act
Don't be dumb.
>>
>>5737374
SHF in general have been pretty much the same structurally and I find them alright. Ultraman looks like recent KR body type.

Although Kaiyodo have been making Ultraman figures for years, and still are as Mega Soft Vinyls, they wont do action figures.

Not sure if they can, but why go head on with Bandai?

Closest thing we might get is Mirrorman revoltech, but not sure if they intend to actually release it.
>>
>>5735101

Does it have the same fucked up shoulders as Venom?
>>
File: CaawKHtUUAAatpL.jpg large.jpg (113 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
CaawKHtUUAAatpL.jpg large.jpg
113 KB, 1024x768
>>5737374
I think they made it back in the Sci-Fi Revo days but never got released.
>>
>>5737415
Snake? and Raiden, and Ultron in a way. Oh and most SW Revo.

Yes. what's wrong with 6mm double joints?

You use single joint like PW Snake and everyone complains how the joints are showing.
>>
>>5735881

> I know it's s pipe dream but I could use a good 6 inch dredd

You know that already exists right? Mezco.
>>
>>5737420
Not him but there are pros and cons to the Revo style shoulder joints. Pros are that rifle handling gesture, two handing a sword (which 98% of figures including Figmas and Figuarts couldn't do) or anytime you want to bring the arm inwards it's great.

However you can't bring the arm normally forward say like you're driving a steering wheel, or else there will be a big armpit gap
>>
>>5737434

Range of motion tends to outweigh the other parts honestly. Getting tired of figures that can barely do a forward kick and still dared be called "articulated".
>>
>>5735101

Shit he looks pretty good. Good things Revos sit for a long time because their six inch figs are overpriced.

Waited for HLJ's sale to get Venom Snake and I'll probably be waiting on a sale to get him too.
>>
>>5737442
>because their six inch figs are overpriced.
>overpriced
>can get a metric shitton of them off Amazon no less, for $15-40
>can't get a figma for less than $80 fucking dollars these days thanks to the sudden price hike
>>
>>5737441
Well, the Revo style shoulder joints also have a "blind spot" for range of motion.

You can't bring Venom Snake to shake hand for example.
>>
>>5737445

> what is context

Look at the prices of their recent figures like Ultron and Venom Snake.
>>
>>5737460
>$56 of Amazon for Venom
>don't care about Ultron at all, not his traditional design so meh

Still cheaper than recent figma's reaching $70-80.
>>
>>5737434
>normally forward
Yeah you can. Just rotate at the arm a little.
>>
>>5737472

Figma's are pricey too, but unless you live in Canada I don't know where you are getting $80.

I don't live in the states so all my price comparison comes from Japanese import sites, and on import sites, recent Revos and recent Figmas have not been much different in terms of price.
>>
>>5737084
you're absolutely right
but surprisingly there's a market for collectibles here, it's just collectors here are more frugal and selective
i try not to spend more than 200$ a month
>>
I almost never buy revoltechs anymore and I don't really care about Deadpool and yet here I am definitely about to buy a Revoltech Deadpool
>>
Deadpool's up

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-019879&page=top
>>
File: Deadpool Yamaguchi.jpg (45 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Deadpool Yamaguchi.jpg
45 KB, 600x450
Deadpool is up for po.

http://hlj.com/product/kyd01300
>>
Almost 5k after discount.
>>
>>5738176
Figma would probably be around 6.5-7k and at best equal quality. I don't see your point.
>>
>>5738170
>>5738171
thanks bros
got my order in
october release huh? can't wait
>>
>>5738171
>amiami lists him as 16 cm
>hlj lists him as 15 cm
>>
>>5738177

No they wouldn't, not after discount. Samus is about 5k and the new Guyver is 4.5k.

Revoltech is expensive now, stop whining about Figma and just accept it.
>>
>>5738170
>>5738171
What happened to vulcanlog
>>
>>5738183
The Avengers figures were jacked up way above their other stuff, even with discounts, and I don't see Deadpool being any different. He may even be more expensive because of his popularity.
>>
>>5738186
It's still going. This is just another subline using the Revo joints. Now we have Vulcanlog, Movie Complex, and now Amecomi Yamaguchi. All just different distributors probably.
>>
>>5738170
>>5738171
shit... now i want to get raiden to have him duking out with deadpool
>>
>>5738190
interesting. Hyped for spiderman and venom, this deadpool looks really good.
>>
>>5738198
i'm very excited for venom
especially if they make bulky, hunched venom
>>
>>5738212
I love me some bulky venom. Honestly love most of the venom suits, even if 90% seem to dislike them. Eventually I'll have to throw a venom shelf together.
>>
>>5738183
I'm not whining about anything, but you clearly seem to be.
>>
will they ever remake dante?
seriously his old revo was shit
>>
>>5738223

How so? I just stated the price >>5738176
and you immediately got defensive and brought up Figma.
>>
>>5738228

Possibly if DMC5 happens, otherwise I don't think that's an IP they'd go back to
>>
>>5738228
On the topic of old and busted Revos, we need a new Revy. She looks drugged. I highly doubt we'll be one, cause the show is probably long forgotten by most, but I can hope
>>
>>5738241

> mangas that will never ever be finished
>>
>>5738170
He's already gone on Amiami
>>
>>5738249
>>
>>5738254
Wow, is this the first time that's happened with a Revo/
>>
>>5738254
HA JUST IN FUCKING TIME
>>
File: Retard.jpg (91 KB, 395x635) Image search: [Google]
Retard.jpg
91 KB, 395x635
>people rushing for pre-orders
>when this shit is gonna be easily available come release
>>
>>5738254
Holy fuck, that's a first
>>
>>5738263

This. Discounts will probably go deeper too.
>>
>>5738257
>>5738264
>>5738254

It'll be back up in less than a week.
>>
>>5738263
Oh shut the fuck up, you never know what could happen. And people want things as fast as they can have them.
>>
>>5738275

Hey, I want him too, but lets face it, it's Deadpool. He's gonna be available. He'll be sought after by a lot of people sure, but there'll be enough to go around.
>>
>>5738276
Yeah, you might be right, but why not just grab him now and not risk that assumption being wrong?
>>
>>5738283
This. So much this.
>>
>>5738283

Probably because a bunch of sites are going to put in pretty large orders for him since Deadpool is always a popular figure, ensuring he will be available.
>>
>>5738293
Still senseless, assumption ridden argument. There's literally no reason to wait on ordering him just because you assume he'll be heavily stocked. If you want him, preorder him now, as there is absolutely no risk in doing so.
>>
>>5738283

> risk

What Revos have released and completely sold out in the last 6 months to a year? What pre-orders ever sold out before release?

If you *need* to order, just do it from a site that lets you cancel like HLJ.
>>
>>5738302
True, but that's not entirely my point. Point is, I want it as soon as it's available, which means preordering it and having it shipped day of, if not before, the release date.
>>
Back up on Amiami
>>
>>5738241
>>5738249
Oh the manga is not done yet?

Not as bad as Guyver and Berserk for slow pace released thoygh eh? Or did it dead stopped?

Anyways, I want Yamaguchi to make a female revoltech again. Hopefully one for the Amecomi line. I want to see what he can do today.
>>
>>5738320
>Hopefully one for the Amecomi line

He needs to pick up another lewd line so we can get something sexy as fuck with castoff clothes.
>>
File: kyd01300_3_1466049000.jpg (38 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
kyd01300_3_1466049000.jpg
38 KB, 600x450
I can't be sure if he has cut joints at the thighs where the straps are.

This photo looks like the black part has shifted a little compare to all the other photos where the line connects through the strap.

I can't imagine why he wouldn't be able to rotate at the thighs.
>>
>>5738340
Definitely, looks like the exact same setup Venom had.
>>
>>5738339
For Yamaguchi, I don't need cast off clothes. Skin tight costumes of super heroine would just be fine. He tends to sculpt the shape of nipples through the clothe.

Although some replacement pieces with torn battle damage would be great.
>>
>>5738342
Venom Snake had more space and was a ball joint for extra range of motion. This looks like just a rotational cut joint.
>>
>>5738353
Dude, the pics clearly show that it's a ball joint with inward/outward movement. And it looks even better than Venom's, as he could barely get his legs close enough together for a natural standing pose.
>>
>>5738353
>>5738363
Oh shit, you're talking about the thigh cut still, sorry lol. Yeah, you right
>>
>>5738363
I'm talking about the thighs, not the hips. Hips are BJ yeah no room for Revo joints.
>>
>>5738366
Ah, timing. Yes.
>>
Speaking of figma, we have Guyver II, Zero Suit Samus, and now Revoltech Deadpool. They are hitting me in all the right spots. My wallet!!

Reissues of Samus and Guyver would be great, they should consider doing a Legacy type thing too.

I really want a Guyver Revoltech, though I now MF will never allow it nor will Kaiyodo be a prick and do that to their friends.
>>
>>5738380

Why is it sometimes they have no problem shitting out their own versions of things others have done, but some things are super taboo? This makes no sense to me.
>>
>>5738380
>>5738381
Maybe it has to do with certain licenses?
>>
File: he-men.jpg (56 KB, 592x414) Image search: [Google]
he-men.jpg
56 KB, 592x414
>>5738363
Deadpool is as beefy as He-Man.
>>
>>5738381
I think it's just plain politeness and keeping good business relations.

Like a property many have done already is all fair game, but something one company has been doing for years it's a bit rude to straight up compete with their sales out of the blue.
>>
>>5738384
>My dream of He-Man Revoltechs

Stop that. It physically pains me.
>>
>>5738384
Not necessarily targeting you, but I've seen plenty of complaints that he's too beefy for Deadpool, and I don't understand it. His appearance changes pretty frequently, and sometimes he's depicted exactly like the Revo. I understand having a preference to a leaner body, but it's not a flaw of the figure.
>>
>>5738392

Deadpool started out Spiderman-thin, progressed to BEEFHAUNCH CHUNKHUGE, then regressed a bit, and now dances between slightly thin and slightly chunky, I've noticed.
>>
File: deadpool__1.jpg (188 KB, 833x1280) Image search: [Google]
deadpool__1.jpg
188 KB, 833x1280
>>5738392
oh, he's beefy and that isn't really a bad thing.

Some of his most classic moments came from issues drawn by Ed McGuiness, who draws everyone super beefy.
My own personal preference is Joe Maduera's almost Spider-man slim appearance. Greg Capullo's Deadpool is great too.

Probably my only beef with Deadpool is just that really ugly neck thing Yamaguchi does.

... i wonder how much Deadpool issues are going for now. A lot of my comics went up in price because they got associated with TV shows, like Benis' Scarlet.
>>
>>5738395
>>5738398
While I'm happy to have a beefy Deadpool, I hope the figma offers a more slender physique to appease those who are fans of that look.

And is what ugly neck thing are you talking about? The neck joints seen in >>5738340
or the split in the back of the head? I'm appreciative of both, as they are super useful and give the poses that much more of a dynamic look compared to a lot of other figures.
>>
>>5738384
Funny,Rob Liefeld actually based his style partly on MOTU figures. Its most evident in his early stuff.
>>
>>5738414
i'm planning to get both revo and figma if mac factory makes figma deadpool the slender body type

and i'm with you on the nexk joint, it gives deadpool much needed dynamic look that MLs lack
>>
File: Deadpool_2012_design.jpg (124 KB, 425x915) Image search: [Google]
Deadpool_2012_design.jpg
124 KB, 425x915
>>5738392
That's a comic thing in general; you have dozens of different artists and writers depicting a single character, so even someone like Batman can vary pretty wildly in musculature.

The revoltech in particular is the design used in the Posehn/Duggan run, which I don't mind at all because it was excellent.
>>
>>5738424
so literally the same image figma is using to announce their version.
>>
>>5738477
Yeah. It's the current main design for him in comics, so I'd expect most of the upcoming DP figures to use it. Maybe Mezco will go for an older or classic outfit, like the Y-shaped harness he used to have.
>>
>>5738488
From the concept shots they released, it's more or less confirmed they're doing that look, along with a few others probably, either as entirely different variants of swappable parts.
>>
File: ramos wolverine.jpg (14 KB, 156x220) Image search: [Google]
ramos wolverine.jpg
14 KB, 156x220
>>5738414
>as they are super useful and give the poses that much more of a dynamic look compared to a lot of other figures.
It looks awful. It's like that thing Ramos is doing with his art now.
It's why i hate the direction Yamaguchi has taken with the Revoltech line, because there's so many bizarre things going on with the form.
And like i said, that's my only beef with the figure. Overall it looks great and i can probably ignore that abnormally muscled neck joint if it doesn't move, but fuck, that's a waste of the budget that could have gone elsewhere.

>>5738416
Yeah, but Rob Liefeld's Deadpool wasn't beefy. He might have given him thunderthighs at times or fuckhuge shoulders, but overall, he was a tall wiry character.
>>
>>5738171

so uh

is his boot knife removable from the sheath?
>>
>>5738567
nope, so are his guns
>>
Anyone notice that the item page for Deadpool on Amiami has disappeared? I totally forgot about the preorder last night but just ordered from HLJ.

That said, does anyone know the price difference between the two sites? HLJ tends to stock Revo's slightly cheaper than Amiami and I'm just curious.
>>
>>5738671
I think it was like 100 yen cheaper on amiami so nbd
>>
>>5738229
You were clearly complaining about price, which by default means you were looking at quality vs price, you put a value on it. I simply stated the likelihood of the Figma being a better option quality vs cost. Then you a c cused me of "whining". Calm down dude. I was being objective. No need to start shit.
>>
>>5738573

>nope

I bet you 100 internet bucks it is
>>
>>5738302
There's risk with HLJ. They often sell more than their stock allows.
>>
>>5738671
it seem that they will limit his sales to Japan only, as they are doing with Ultron. In the japanese site he's still available
>>
>>5738810
>often

Not really. Still happens the odd time, but if you get a preorder when it goes up you're usually fine.
>>
Guys I want that deadpool but I'm tight on cash and I a spideyfag first so what are the odds that he goes up for PO in the coming months?
>>
>>5738837
You missed it. Preorders already went up and were filled. They've since been taken down.

>>
>>5738803
Even the text listing the contents doesn't say knife, so unless everyone involved missed it I think it's on there for good.
>>
>>5738813
Oh wtf? AmiAmi does that?

Any particular reason? Is it like SW model kits? HLJ just don't care?
>>
>>5738837
You are talking about Revo Spider-Man.

No clue, don't think this will be a monthly lineup. They might be testing the waters with Deadpool to get the right number of production down. And maybe don't want to deter sales away from Deadpool yet?

Maybe reveal Spider-Man when Deadpool is released in October. Then might be back to back with Venom.

OR we see it all at WonFes with dates. Man this Summer WF is going to be exciting.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.