[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know what's going to be on sale at SDCC for true toy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Thunderkits.jpg (32 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
Thunderkits.jpg
32 KB, 680x510
You know what's going to be on sale at SDCC for true toy lovers and real nerds who care about stuff like this?
>>
>>5720255
I am kind of pissed about this. Past years you could get things on Matty after the con, but they've said nothing about that this year. Making a lot of people worried and kinda pissed at Mattel.
>>
People who decided this deserve to get killed.
>>
Meh. I wanted the new kittens. I guess I'd rather never have them at all than feed Mattel's greed for SDCC exclushits.
>>
Could be worse- they could be Bandai products

>shiny plastic
>black joint pins

Not that I'd care if Matty died and this stuff went to a normal retail solution, but Bandai's effort was just poor.
>>
>>5721181
>>5721196
I really hope they still do 2012 stuff. still waiting for matty to do He-man 2002 even because that is my shit taste
>>
>>5720543
>Expecting good from Mattel
>Ever.
>>
>>5721223
>Mattel can do no right, I''ll buy every toy they make and then bitch about how no one should ever buy them
>>
>>5720255
Are these going to be online? If not, are they trying to kill the line before it starts?
>>
>>5721506
>Are these going to be online
No one has confirmed it as far as I know. They've put them online in the past, but the last MOTUC SDCC release was a major screwjob that catapulted the set to $150+ scalper levels overnight. Their recent way of putting exclusive stuff online is to announce that they'll do it, then make only a small portion of their stock appear on the announced date, then claim they're "sold out", then put the rest up at an unannounced time and allow people with no lives who check the matty collector site constantly (re: scalpers) to clear out the stock. So not only is it an exclusive, it becomes a blink-and-you-miss-it exclusive TWICE. These guys are masters of inflicting sadism against manchildren.

>If not, are they trying to kill the line before it starts
Yes. God yes, of course, it's Mattel we're talking about
>>
>>5721630
>claim they're "sold out", then put the rest up at an unannounced time and allow people with no lives who check the matty collector site constantly (re: scalpers) to clear out the stock.
isnt it normal to put up canceled orders in stock again though?
No shit does something like that go out of stock in a blink when cancellations are usually miniscule in numbers.
>>
>>5721224
Except that I don't, but every experience I've had with their product's been awful(Outside of Imaginext), every toy I've seen in stores is awful, and I haven't forgotten the shit they've pulled in the past to dance through a panic they caused(the lead painted Cars toys).

Mattel is shit, and I'm praying that they don't fuck up Mega Bloks or lose the one good thing they have left somehow.
>>
>>5720255
GODAMMIT!There goes another set of Thundercats I'm never gonna complete,atleast I still got all my old LJN ones
>>
>>5722413
>isnt it normal to put up canceled orders in stock again though?
They're not cancellations, my ignorant newfriend. Mattel is notorious for staggering available stock. That's the entire structure behind the matty collector store. A new figure comes out, and miraculously a whole slew of other figures that were "unavailable" are put up for sale along side it. Then they open the floodgates for the cyber monday sale, but intentionally pull most of the high dollar items to make them impossible to buy while the sale is going on. They did that this past November with the Battle Ram.
>>
>>5722651
so it's a second chance sort of thing?
And people hate this?
I'd call that an anti-scalper policy if they're releasing more of a popular scalped figure.

Still, it does sound pretty confusing and I'm glad i really don't care for Mattel and their shitty subscription services.
I might get the Thunderkits though if they don't require any waiting.
>>
>>5722805
It's pro-scalper because everything gets pushed through Early Access first before going to the general public, and that's where scalpers buy 15+ of each item. Go on ebay the day after one of the new release sales, and you'll see someone offering 25 available copies of something highly scalped like Anti-Eternia He-Man which sold out in 2 minutes.

Not only that, the sales always begin during work hours when only basement dwellers would be able to go onto matty collector and place an order. So everyone else gets leftover scraps or deals with scalpers on ebay.
>>
>>5720543
They're going the D23 route. Make merchandise that you know fans have been clamoring for convention exclusives to encourage people to go to the convention for the gamble/chance.
>>
>>5722829
They've thankfully lowered the purchase limit to 3 for the most recent sale days.
>>
>>5721506
Ad much as I can live without the Thunderkittens, it's a daft move to make them SDCC exclusives.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.