[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Exchange Rate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: USD Yen 06 03.png (33 KB, 657x249) Image search: [Google]
USD Yen 06 03.png
33 KB, 657x249
Welp, looks like a 1USD:99JPY rate and lower is pretty much guaranteed this year. We're now officially locked in a cycle where we will pay more for import toys that have downsized content and higher MSRP as a compensation to last year's exchange rate.

2016 is going to be one really shitty transition year.
>>
>>5711106
>pretty much guaranteed this year

Nothing is guaranteed. The market could turn around.

YOU DON'T KNOW THE FUTURE ONII-CHAN.

Doesn't matter to me cause I'm gonna be in Japan early next year anyway.
>>
>>5711106
Or maybe you can just been more selective with what you buy if the cost is such a issue.
>>
>>5711106
What the hell happened? Didn't it go up a few days ago?
>>
>>5711106
>as a compensation to last year's exchange rate.
Admittedly it was a real steal while it lasted.
>>
File: 1410020392498.png (98 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1410020392498.png
98 KB, 375x375
>>5711106

Canadian here, welcome to the club fuckers.
>>
>>5711309
I'm glad.

If we have to suffer, you Amerifats should too. Our exchange rate is still worse than 1:99yen too.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-03-16-37-40.png (90 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-03-16-37-40.png
90 KB, 720x1280
>>5711269
This happened: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/dollar-edges-lower-against-rivals-as-investors-watch-for-us-jobs-data-2016-06-03

Really sucks since I have an order to pay on Monday.
>>
Ehh, we survived when it was 1US:75JPY.

In fact I remember buy more stuff from amiami when it was that. Also went to Tokyo when the rate was bad (nothing like handing 1k cash and get 85000 yen back -_-)
>>
>>5711511
>we survived when it was 1US:75JPY.
Yeah, when figmas cost 2300 yen and not 6000.
>>
>>5711309
>>5711336
Maybe it's just a difference in character and culture, but as an American I always feel bad for you canadabros whenever you tell us how shitty it is to pay $45 for a Marvel Legends. Guess empathy isn't always a two-way street.
>>
>>5711999
Canadians are creatures of pure spite. They survive on a steady diet of venom and fried scorpions, bitterly complaining that their ancestors didn't join the 13 colonies in their independence movement.
>>
>>5711303
No it wasn't. A weak yen gave us less accessories and higher MSRPs. The market wasn't good for anyone, it was legitimately bad.
>>
I don't know if you guys are uhh grasping the reality of our umm situation here... See the uhh prices of figures aren't ever going to go down even if the umm yen here "normalizes"

I want to uhh appeal to you
Guys and umm ask How do we break this cycle? These erm toy companies can't keep gutting releases while raising the price... I mean uhh back in my day 3500 was standard now it looks like figmers are 9500 we have to stop it

Is any of this getting through to you? There's erm no recovery from this... They'll just keep increasing the prices and if we stop paying... No more toys WE HAVE NO RECOURSE HERE DO YOU EVEN HNDERSTAND ME NIGGERS IGGERS NIGGERS DYLAN ROOF SAM HYDE PIZZA

Now uhh I've made some valuable and educated points here on the state of the Otacool figure industry and I expect some decent replies I understand you aren't on as high a level as me but still try your best
>>
>>5712026
>less accessories and higher MSRPs
As an effect of the weak yen, yes. But there was the window in time where the accessories and prices reflected the stronger yen when they were trying to coax exportation and lower MSRP, but when they hit the market the yen was weak and therefore was a steal for importers.

I'm not sure if you understand how things work very well, but companies don't fluidly change prices on an hourly basis to reflect market value. In dramatic shifts of exchange rates, you can make a killing on buying products when prices had been previously adjusted for a less promising economic environment.
>>
>>5712042
Well they aren't increasing the accessory counts and they certainly aren't lowering the prices ree 'enpai

We're doomed dood!
>>
>>5711539
Man, I remember thinking 'ouch' when I paid for my Figma Love Machine order 5+ years ago. Dude was the most tallest and expensive Figma in terms of MSRP at the time, which was 4500y.
Now, you'd have to be really lucky to get the same amount of accessories + hefty amount of plastic for that price, fuck.

I'm glad I don't buy Figmas whatsoever because you guys got it the worst, imo. Figuarts, Ultra-acts, etc became more expensive too, but we're not getting that skimped out on accessories or anything.
Just the fact that Bandai is getting really exclusive happy nowadays...
>>
>>5712073
>buy S.H.Figmarts
>only one alt head

It's poetry in motion SCIENCE DIE FUCKERS rock b roll. Fmdk borne deisxbc d
>>
>>5712073

Bandai is cheaping the fuck out too, dunno what you are talking about.

Average monsterarts $80+ zero accessories

DBZ figures never come with effect parts anymore, just really basic faces and hands.
>>
These recent months have made me wish that we could have the option on HLJ to pay up front for pre-orders at current exchange rates. It's a really fucked up situation when I go on HLJ, see the asking price on a pre-order, and then debate if it's going to be more expensive than a stateside importer working in USD by the time it's released.
>>
>>5712094
Admittedly I forgot that Figuarts isn't just mainly tokushit anymore, kek.
You're especially right on the SHMA part, but at least it isn't completely dead anymore I guess.
>>
Looks like I'm going back to SAL to try and save money.
>>
>>5711106
>We're now officially locked in a cycle where we will pay more for import toys
True
>that have downsized content and higher MSRP
Wrong

Once again, you have no understanding of how exchange rate works.
>>
>>5712565
Not him, but the figures I'm buying now do have higher map than the same lines had when I started in 2011 and do usually come with less stuff than they used to. How is he wrong about that?
>>
>>5712565
>Once again, you have no understanding of how exchange rate works.
Oh look, it's /toy/'s own version of Paul Krugman, here to bullshit his way through another conversation of basement dweller economic theory. Go on, tell us how we're not actually paying higher MSRPs for the same products and with less accessories. It'll be fascinating to hear how 5400JPY with a $1:Y106 rate is somehow equal to or less than 4000JPY with a $1:Y120 rate in your world of nonsense you gleaned while failing your high school econ class.
>>
>>5712584
why don't you explain instead of just insulting anons
>>
>>5712600
Literally old SHF Trunks versus SHF PCE Trunks
>>
Japan doesn't use the US for its manufacturing. For toy quality to rise/prices to fall, China/Vietnam currencies need to take a dive compared to Japan's and for a significant time period. Remember that Abenomics saved the Japanese export system at the cost of sacrificing their imports
>>
File: tips loli.jpg (64 KB, 550x800) Image search: [Google]
tips loli.jpg
64 KB, 550x800
>>5712565
>doesn't believe we're paying more for less
How to spot a newfag.
>>
>>5712569
It's not related to the JPY/USD exchange rate. The ONLY thing that's affected by the JPY/USD exchange rate is the american purchasing power. What DOES matter is the JPY/CNY.
>>5712584
Oh look, it's /toy/'s own version of a retard. It'll be fascinating to hear how 5400 JPY on the Moon is somehow equal to or less than 4000 JPY in Spanish. Yeah, it doesn't make sense, just like what you said.
>>
>>5712636
>can't read
>newfag
Nice negative IQ there mate.
>>
>>5712637
Attention: Wannabe Economics Guru Retard:

Japan is a country that relies on exports. The US is a huge importer of japanese goods. The USD:JPY exchange rate is HUGELY important. Maybe you should step away from your figmas for a second and go outside into the real world.
>>
>>5712637
>>5712639
The fact that you don't understand what people are telling you is why everyone is mocking you.
>>
>>5712650
Wow, what an argument.
>>5712647
We're not talking global economics you fucking moron, we're talking about fucking japanese toys made for Japan.

For fuck sake you're all a bunch of idiots.

What you're all actually saying is that because the JPY is now stronger, the companies will have to produce cheaper products. Just fucking kill yourself you're too dense for this world.

Keep answering bullshits all you want, I won't be reading that dumbass filled thread any further.
>>
File: 1451691087085.webm (2 MB, 408x720) Image search: [Google]
1451691087085.webm
2 MB, 408x720
>>5712665
Anon you're drunk, go home.
>>
>>5712665
So, we've had Jin, Greg, subjectanon, Peon, and now we have econanon. Congrats on joining such an illustrious group of board retards, econanon.
>>
>>5712665
You must have the worse reading comprehension I've seen in this board for the longest time.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.