[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Polynian thread- scaling back on quality edition!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70
File: Cj3dAN4UoAA2B-U.jpg (45 KB, 600x448) Image search: [Google]
Cj3dAN4UoAA2B-U.jpg
45 KB, 600x448
Daibadi tweeted images of their test run of grey Shamrock and Clover-looks like everything's ready for this run and the rerun of Yume.
>>
>>5707375
so what are these things? I don't quite understand. just posing dolls? or are they from a thing? are they supposed to be modded like a model kit?
>>
I'm kinda bummed that I won't be able to get Clover gray this month. I was really looking forward to finally picking up a Polynian.
>>
File: CjOu41dUgAEM7CD.jpg (59 KB, 600x944) Image search: [Google]
CjOu41dUgAEM7CD.jpg
59 KB, 600x944
>>5707386

No, they're characters from a VN. I'm pretty sure the VN is just to promote the figures, though. Daibadi also makes model kits and Shamrock was originally one, but these are not.

We started with nude robots, but now we're getting more clothed ones.
>>
>>5707375
>don't re-run their original colors
>instead release this ugly shit

Why. For fucks sake, why? I just want a cute tittybot and her shota friend, and I don't want them in these drab grey tones.
>>
File: 1688227558282.jpg (236 KB, 1024x1670) Image search: [Google]
1688227558282.jpg
236 KB, 1024x1670
Anybody here got hobby joints? I wanna know if those are good enough to replace the Polynian joints.
>>
File: daibadi2.jpg (90 KB, 712x672) Image search: [Google]
daibadi2.jpg
90 KB, 712x672
Comparison shot between original proto and new panel-line-less production designs.

aaaand cancelled.
>>
>>5707660
That's pretty annoying once they reissue the original Shamrock and Clover they'll probably fuck it up as well.
>>
File: 1394248967449.gif (27 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1394248967449.gif
27 KB, 200x200
>just learned about the rerun of Yume

The supportive faggots like me who preordered early are just fucked then, huh?
>>
>>5707703
Why, does it have extra stuff?
>>
>>5707709

No, it has terribly shit quality, which is why they're reproducing it, to try and fix all of the problems.
>>
>>5707703
The re-release will probably have less paint apps but have some of the problems fixed which are easily remedied.
>>
>>5707703
Yes we are.
Fuck supporting companies from now on.
>>
>>5707703
And what's more, now the panel lined, pearl-coated, and fixed parts aren't going to match the original white parts of any figure, so forget about mixing and matching.

How about a little fucking consistency, daibadi? We're too early in the line's lifespan to be fucking this kind of shit up.
>>
>>5707736

I thought they were just talking about the pearl-esque paint job of her school outfit, or whatever. Not the actual "skin" white. That has never been pearl.
>>
>>5707747
I'm seeing a difference in sheen for the plastic on the test batch.
>>
>>5707375
>>5707660
Glad I ordered from HLJ, canceling this shit. I didn't even really like the gray color as much but without the panel lines painted and seemingly more dull gray plastic I lost total interest.
>>
>>5707660
Gray plastic in general is rather unflattering aesthetically speaking but the lack of sheen seen on the prototype pictures mixed with removal of all panel lines turned very simplistic designs into giant chunks of dull gray.

Hopefully they don't fuck up Mel. Thankfully her design relies less on panel lining but it'd still be a shame if we lost them because they break up the white areas and accentuate joints in the hands/feet. I'm also looking forward to the Reimu Touhou figure and that red headed girl with the power gloves.

Maybe if he gets enough complaints he'll get his shit together.
>>
>>5707875
>>Maybe if he gets enough complaints he'll get his shit together.

All they need to do.

Is re-release.

The fucking.

Originals. Holy shit, are all JPN studios this fucking retarded? Maybe they are, given how they never seem to reissue figures in other lines while prices climb to retarded levels due to rarity or scalping.
>>
>>5707882
Won't help if he removes panel lines from the originals too, they'll end up looking worse. Sure the color scheme is superior but they'd look pretty drab in solid white. Also the originals WERE re-released once before. Yes they are still super popular and sought after but it's not like he didn't do a second run.
>>
>>5707892
Unless he gets enough feedback to change production back, looks like everything is gonna be panel-line-free for the foreseeable future.

I'm pissed enough about Yume getting an improved reissue minus the panel lines, so I can either keep my shitty one that matches my Clover and Shamrock, OR I can buy a fixed reissue that doesn't match.

If Mel turns out to be shafted as well, I'm gonna ebay off my entire daibadi collection and wash my hands of the line. I'm not paying the ridiculous prices they're asking for this kind of bullshit.
>>
>>5707882
If he wants to sustain the line, I suspect he will release 1 or 2 unique characters, then another reissue of the base figures to tide over until the next unique comes out. After The next 1 or 2 figures, I would bet money there's another white figure reissue.
>>
>>5707660
The matte finish looks terrible
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3080x5472) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3080x5472
>>5707875
With you on Mel there anon. She's the only one I have on PO and after the Yume incident I hope she comes out well. Hopefully after the release of the grey ones, people begin to talk enough about the panel lines and they get brough back. As of right now Mel seems to be the only one I want until Pinkle get announced and later the little red head.

I still consider selling my Yume, I fixed the joint issue but some joints still have a tough time sitting in well.
>>
These redesigns don't look as bad as I expected. I'll grab a pen and fill in the panel lines myself, big deal.
>>
>>5707375
Jesus.

After Clover, I'd have said this was a company to watch out for, that I'd expect big things from in the future.

I cancelled Yume last-minute to get the SHF Scout Biker, at first I was relieved I'd apparently dodged a bullet but now I wish I had picked her up, because I'll take fixable loose joints and too-tight pegs over a scale-back of quality to being borderline garage kits.

I was actually really looking forward to grey Clover too. What a fucking shambles.
>>
>>5708285
>>5708343

They've said on twitter they've got no plans to keep the panel line painting. They'll keep molding them, though, so you can do it yourself!

They also completely basically misunderstood someone asking if their paintjob would prevent them from sealing panel lines in if they did it themselves as 'filling in the panel lines'

And yeah, this is basically all sorts of bullshit. Lose paint apps and there's nothing extra thrown in or a price drop.

The most hilarious thing is if you look at the boxes? The boxes HAVE FUCKING PANEL LINES on Grey Shamrock and Clover.
>>
>>5708892
They'd at least get some good faith from me if they knocked ¥1000 off their prices going forward seeing as there's going to be little to no paint on the figures any more.

I was looking forward to that big robot, Bard. Not anymore, I guess.
>>
>>5709014

I've nothing against people being angry about paint apps being lost, but you guys have to temper your vitriol with the fact that Daibadi is a small company. They're nothing like Max Factory or Hasbro. Yes they're selling these things at a premium but do you realize the alternative? Garage kits take a lot of work to even look this presentable. They're not just snap-fit kits, they need heat treatments, filing, cleaning, painting - all that fun stuff. And I've looked into making figures, even with China they can still be pretty expensive, especially for a small operation.

I'm not saying don't complain, but for fuck's sake you guys sound like you're being betrayed here. What's next, a petition? A boycott? For panel lines that you could possibly add yourself?
>>
>>5709025

Honestly this all started because the factory that produced the Yumes fucked them over I thought.
>>
>>5709025
The panel lines looked fine on Clover and Shamrock.

And on Yume's body.

However due to some people complaining about sloppy lining on Yume's skirt pieces Daibadi have effectively settled on a policy of 'YOU WANT PANER RINING?! TOO BAD! HERE BOMB! FUK U!'

Also don't give me that small company shit. These figures are very expensive for what you get with them, which up to this point I'd been happy to accept because, as you say, they're a small operation. One of the reasons I was happy to spend the money on their product was because I don't have the time or inclination to assemble, paint, modify, etc my toys and I'm sure a lot of their other customers are the in the same boat. They delivered just fine on their initial offerings, which set up an expectation of similar or better quality in the future.

So now we're getting even less for the same price point, and not what was officially advertised. I feel like that's worth getting a little mad about when people, myself included, have preorders open for their future products we can't cancel.
>>
>our fetish robots are too expensive now
>baw
haha faggots
>>
>>5709074
I buy Hot Toys figures on a regular basis, but I'm not going to just spread my cheeks and take it up the taint when a company starts cutting the quality of their output three releases into a line like this.
>>
>>5709081
No it's fine, you realized that your barebone release fetish toys aren't worth it.

Most of us realized that when the first ones came out, but hey. Finishing the race in tenth place is still finishing the race.
>>
>>5709070

You know what you're getting with them, anon? A highly-specialized sculpt that no other company has the balls to put out. You are paying for a unique sculpt that only until very recently was only available in Garage Kit form. And garage kits, as I've mentioned, take a lot - A LOT - of work to look this presentable. I'm not even counting the expenses you may have to pay to middleman them. You want expensive, try paying for a Wonfes garage kit, then see if your bill for a Clover/Shamrock reissue preorder even comes to half of that. It won't, unless you're only buying some third party repro/alternative parts or something.

And if you really want to cancel? Send your preorder site an email! Show them Daibadi's tweet and tell them you don't want to buy the product anymore because of the changes made.

And don't give me that 'too expensive' shit. You're on a Taiwanese mud painting forum section where its posters buy overpriced useless plastic shit.
>>
>>5709085
Can you calm down with the Daibadi apologia please? The fact is the gray variants look like crap but the panel lines at least helped break up things a bit. Now they look like TOTAL CRAP and won't even match aesthetically with the prior releases.

Some of the other designs are less dependent on the panel lining because they have other interesting things going on like Mel, Vania (red head) or Pinkle Grindy (mouthless bot). They won't suffer too much from the omission.

People have a right to be angry that "highly specialized" but EXPENSIVE figures are losing paint which makes them have even less value AND makes them look less interesting without harsh lighting to bring out sculpted panel lines.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3080x4779) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3080x4779
>>5709025
No, I get that Daibadi is still a small company and all that the one thing I worry about is the joints on Mel. It is still somewhat reasonable to get a bit mad seeing how changes were made and many people had ordered expecting the figures to look one way and bow they wont. I'm fine with the price, though it does seem like alot for what we get.

Like mentioned here>>5709069 they ended up switching production factorys because they didnt like the way that the figures were coming out. The panel line issue is only getting this big because all the figures that have been put up for PO all have the panel lines filled in. They are presented in a way that they wont be made. It like false advertisement. Many here PO'd the grey versions and expected the lining to be there and it wont. And it wint be on the rest of them. That is what is getting people riled up. Still people will buy others down the line because no one else is making these type of figures, they're unique and thats what gets the attention. Along with the fetish deal.
>>
File: Goge1453323711.jpg (175 KB, 667x900) Image search: [Google]
Goge1453323711.jpg
175 KB, 667x900
>>5708892
>They've said on twitter they've got no plans to keep the panel line painting. They'll keep molding them, though, so you can do it yourself!
So are we also going to lose panel lining on all of Mel's accessories? They are going to look really fucking boring if that's the case. Just big chunks of single colored plastic.
>>
>>5709116
no the panel lines will be there, daibadi assures us, but they will no longer be providing panel line paints, but they might sometime show us how to do it ourselves!

So yes, they're gone, jim.
>>
>>5709116
Damn. I was too fixated on the panel lines going away on the figures that I forgot that Mels accessories had them too.

Yeah they will be missing, the said they wont do panel lining on anything it seems so we will have to do it ourselves by the looks of it. Damn though I guess I got to go buy gundam markers or whatever to fill them in.
>>
>>5709085
Do you work for them or something? Jesus Christ.

>Shinkis
>Frame Arm Girls
>Figma Archetype She
>SHF Body-Chan
>The face of any cute anime girl figure

Probably more besides but my point is it's not exactly hard to produce a blank body with a cute face and some accessories. And please stop wailing about 'muh garage kits', that's why most of us were buying these in the first place - precisely so we did get a pre-finished, pre-painted version straight from the box.

>>5709082
I'd say Clover was a good investment. Really nicely-made and great as a female artist's dummy. It was the quality of her that got me interested in buying more of them.
>>
>>5709135

>Konami
>Kotobukiya
>Max Factory
>Bandai
>Any mass producing company

Yeah you pretty much named huge companies there, all of them having multiple mass-produced lines, with huge funds to play around with. What's your point?

And yeah I'm gonna keep wailing about muh garage kits. Garage kits cost more than these figures, plus shipping, plus middlemanning, plus the effort of putting them together. THAT is what you're paying for. You get this great figure prebuilt, with an attractive box, right on your doorstep. All you needed to do was pay and wait. The cost is still a fraction of that original total even if you take away the panel lines.
>>
>>5709149
That's nice but you can be sure this is produced in a much more efficient manner than a garage kit, so to compare it to a garage kit is a moot point.
>>
>>5709173

Sure, I agree. But going by that logic wouldn't it also cost more than, say, hand-casting a few batches with resin? Especially for a mass-produced release like that, for again, a small company?

You know what, I'm done. Before anyone else calls me a shill I'm going to back out of this. I've made my argument, you're free to disagree. I'm not going to spend my evening repeating the same points. I'm just an old collector who is finally happy that we're getting these products in a mass-released form as opposed to just dreaming about them or putting your wallet on the line by going YOLO on potentially incomplete, miscast pieces of resin.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 750x135) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 750x135
So looks like they're planning Dark Skinned Polynians with clothes in the future. Might be nice to swap with Mels swimsuit.
>>
So I've been digging around the tags and a question hit me.

how are people clothing these? I notice a few pictures of these figures with clothes from other figures, but they fit...maybe TOO well. I can't tell the line though because newfag
>>
>>5709197
>dark skin Yume
not sure if want
>>
>>5709199
Most people give them the clothes from the QB revoltech gals. Some of those fit real well. And some are balloons, for that skin tight look and then theres the Picco Neemo swimsuit an anon showed off a few thread back that looked great.

>>5709204
I kinda like the idea of a dark skinned Mel somewher down the line just to have her side by side with normal Mel.
>>
I thought you could use any ordinary pencil to fill in panel lines. Don't have the money for any of these other ones (got myself a Shamrock early on but really want a Mel) but that should be an easy fix. Really want to see if they'll do other alt colors, like holiday colors or a darker skin color.
>>
>>5709197
Except Mel still has a white neck...I'd love to have a grey skin Mel with a white swimsuit.
I guess it doesn't matter, since the grey ones look like crap I cancelled them at HLJ too. If they ditched the panel lines on Mel, I'll cancel that one too. Sad but thems the breaks.
>>
File: Polynian Yume.png (122 KB, 450x2505) Image search: [Google]
Polynian Yume.png
122 KB, 450x2505
>>5709085
>And if you really want to cancel? Send your preorder site an email! Show them Daibadi's tweet and tell them you don't want to buy the product anymore because of the changes made.

Easier said than done in my case. The attached screenshots are a bit confusing, but start from the bottom, obviously.
>>
>>5709976
Got some bad news for ya friend. All panel line will be missing from subsequent Polynians. Daibadi stated that all figures starting with the Grey Skinned ones will not feature the panel lines. I'll be keeping my order but I am a bit disappointed. I am however glad that her design doesn't rely on them too much but what will look bad will be her accessories.
>>
>>5707375

god damn. why does that little faggot get to have a better color scheme than the girl? the dark hair looks so much better
>>
>>5710121
Hey. Hey. Guess what.
You can swap the heads.
Or paint the hair.
>>
>>5710121

His pink scheme looked nicer than the blue, too. Gotta love dat trapbot.
>>
>>5709085
>A highly-specialized sculpt that no other company has the balls to put out.

Revoltech put out a whole line of tittymonsters with full nudity. Many others have put out cute "nude" robots before. Daibadi ain't doing shit others haven't done before, and now they're going to cut back on the paint apps on something that is virtually paintless already?
>>
>>5710182
They're tapping into the robotfucker market.
>>
The new changes don't bother me. I wasn't a big fan of the pearly finish anyways. But yeah, gray is just boring robutt color, I'm just realizing it now.
>>
File: echidnono.jpg (257 KB, 2136x1424) Image search: [Google]
echidnono.jpg
257 KB, 2136x1424
>gray is boring

No-no-no.

You people are boring.
>>
>>5710211

But she is dark elf blue. She's not grey, Anon.

And grey is shit for these things, especially with even less detail thanks to the company being literal retards.
>>
Does anyone know if Daibadi is planning on making another version of Shamrock in the future?

I've got the gray one on pre-order and I'm starting to think I might like a second one for double robo-shota antics, but I'm not sure if I want to drop that much on two of the exact same figure in the exact same color. I'd be willing to get another if they're going to release him again in a different palette at some point though.
>>
At this point I'd rather have re-run Yume than gray Clover. I wonder if anyone would be interested in some kind of trade...
>>
Huh, Amiami were surprisingly chill about PO cancellation.
>>
>>5710595
Yeah, they always are, until one day they just randomly snap and ban you for life.

Doesn't matter if you buy $500 a month from them, cancel the wrong thing on the wrong day and some pissed off slant will decide you're no longer worthy to shop at their establishment and they send you a "fuck off and die" notice. You are forever hovering on an unknown number of strikes.

Mandarake is the same way, except you won't know until the next time you try to place an order and it doesn't go through, and they will ignore any emails you send because you've been blackballed.

HLJ and HS are cooler about it because they allow you to cancel orders up to a certain time limit, but even they get their used schoolgirl panties in a twist if you outright refuse to pay.
>>
File: DSCN7650.jpg (471 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
DSCN7650.jpg
471 KB, 1200x1600
>>5710600
Yeah, I usually don't weasel out of my reservations when buying from them, but I figured it's worth a shot asking. Everything turned out for the better thankfully.
>>
Daibadi is really shitting their bed right now. Started great with Clover/Shamrock, but all this Grey and Yume stuff is really gonna turn people away.

Oh well, I guess it can't be helped.
>>
Does anybody know if the Japanese consumers are voicing complaints about the changes, too?
>>
>>5710668
I am pretty sure that they are the most vocal.
>>
>>5709180
>But going by that logic wouldn't it also cost more than, say, hand-casting a few batches with resin?
Surprisingly not. Generally large runs of product can be cheaper over time than smaller hand done batches.
>>
>>5710694
At a certain point, molding figures from plastic becomes so cheap it's essentially free. The greatest outlay for production is the dies. On a scale of production such as hasbro uses, they have literally reduced the cost of each figure down to pennies.
>>
>>5710211
you're stupid as fuck
>>
File: yume fix 2.jpg (164 KB, 2136x1424) Image search: [Google]
yume fix 2.jpg
164 KB, 2136x1424
>>5710699
Do you want a hug?
>>
Anyone know roughly what part of the month the greys get released?
>>
>>5708327
yeah dont know why people are losing their shit. first thought upon seeing the lineless version was "oh, not that bad, ill just get a fine tip pen"

if anything i like it, i can do different colour panel lines.
>>
>>5711807
I want you to fuck off, slut
>>
File: 1465010287117.jpg (71 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
1465010287117.jpg
71 KB, 384x313
>>5710699
>>5712029
>>
File: uuuuh.gif (1 MB, 189x200) Image search: [Google]
uuuuh.gif
1 MB, 189x200
I don't get why you're all crying about. The lines are still clear and there, they just aren't as dark as before. They still look virtually the same and they look like robots.
>>
>>5710600
>even they get their used schoolgirl panties in a twist if you outright refuse to pay.

Considering a preorder is essentially an agreement between the two of you, with them agreeing to hold onto a product for you in exchange for you paying for it when they get it in, and you have every opportunity to cancel without penalty before it's released and payment is due, yet you don't and instead refuse to pay when it's time to do so?

Yes, they are clearly the assholes in this scenario.
>>
>>5712444
>>5710600

If it was that important they should have demanded payment upfront. Preordering something 6 to 8 months in advance just for a chance to buy it is ridiculous anyways. Who knows if you will even still want it when that time comes?
>>
>>5712444
Actually, they are the assholes in this situation. AmiAmi used to have amazing prices and that justified the strict "no cancel" policy. You were trading the ability to cancel freely in order to save $10-20 over the competition.

Now that AmiAmi discounts are shit (as in you save $5 if you're LUCKY) this policy is unreasonable. Mandarake on the other hand has every right to blacklist people since how they conduct sales is more labor intensive and it fucks with their margins more heavily.
>>
File: IMG_1203.jpg (572 KB, 1600x1064) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1203.jpg
572 KB, 1600x1064
Is it me or does mel keep getting pushed back? I thought she came out in june and i checked and it said july on amiami.
>>
>>5713243
It was scheduled to July since it went up anon, you must've misremembered.
>>
File: IMG_0610.jpg (308 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0610.jpg
308 KB, 1600x1200
>>5713273
Yeah thats what it sounds like. Thanks m8.
>>
>>5712539
don't play the game if you can't take the hit.
if you feel it's ridiculous then don't do it, no one is forcing you to.
>>
File: image.jpg (184 KB, 749x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184 KB, 749x1080
Looks like something new might be in the works.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 850x777) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 850x777
>>5714129
Full blurry pic.
>>
I can say, with full confidence, that it will have red bits on it.
>>
File: left_foot_yume.jpg (28 KB, 278x494) Image search: [Google]
left_foot_yume.jpg
28 KB, 278x494
>>5707375
>>5707375
Can someone tell me how to fix the peg hole in one of yume's legs. I switch the joint to see if it's the the peg but that wasnt the the problem. Will pledge work if in put some in there or is there another method.
>>
>>5714131
Its Reimu
>>
>>5714227
I know, I just meant it like a new project was in the works. I just think that it didn't come off like I planned.
>>
>>5714183
How about being a little more specific about your problem, Slick.
We aren't fucking mind readers.
>>
>>5714295
He wants to know how to tighten up a joint, where the hole is too wide for his peg

>amazing telepathy powers
>>
>>5714311
thanks, something like that.
>>
File: CipkTkrUoAMMhnQ.jpg (47 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CipkTkrUoAMMhnQ.jpg
47 KB, 600x450
Do we care about mods?
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 900x1200
>>5715061
Yep, modifications are welcomed. Now I'll see your pic Shamrock and I raise you one preggo Shamrock.

I have this guys Twitter page bookmarked on my phone. Has some great work.
>>
>>5715085
>Pregnant shamrock.
>Shamrock is a robot.
>Shamrock is a male.

>Pregnant male robot.

Wait, what?
>>
>>5715148
Stop trying to force your cis-gender perspectives on everything! Off to Tumblr I go to expose your tyranny!
>>
>>5715148
Shamrock was actually the first Fuckbot to get knocked up by a human male in the story iirc
>>
File: tumblr_m6.gif (991 KB, 478x243) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6.gif
991 KB, 478x243
>>5715148
science.
>>
>>5715148
There's this one doujin where a trap gets fucked so hard by a futa that he gets pregnant in his ass and starts growing breasts.
>>
>>5715172
By his futa sister no less
>>
>>5715168

>Still forcing this misinformation.
>>
File: WelcomeToDBG.png (1 MB, 1876x840) Image search: [Google]
WelcomeToDBG.png
1 MB, 1876x840
Well, enjoy your new general startpic, guys.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 600x450
>>5715172
I believe that I have read this. Nice art if I remember.

>>5715168
>>5715148
Shamrock being the first Polynian to get pregnant was actually an error in translation. Still though, it stayed as a pregnant shota bot is more interesting.

Lewd shot incoming.
>>
>>5715303

Can a polynian Shota get pregnant with doge puppys?
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 595x494) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 595x494
>>5715269
I like this.

>>5715309
Maybe? I mean how else can pic related me made? Robodoges are made one way or another right?
>>
>>5715269
That's garbage. Stop jerking yourself off to your own posts.
>>
>>5714129
>>5714131
Cancelling the grey variants because I think they ended up looking bland plus the exchange rate just took a big dive. This Reimu has me pretty excited though.
>>
>>5715172
Gonna need a link to that.
>>
>>5715487
Has anybody tried just exchanging their pre-order from a gray variant to another product? I wonder if that will yield better results with amiami.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3080x4604) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3080x4604
>>5715589
I'll just add this pic to make it relevant to the thread.
>>
File: Charlie.gif (2 MB, 253x145) Image search: [Google]
Charlie.gif
2 MB, 253x145
>browsing /toy/
>see this thread
>hey, these look interesting, cute robogirls
>maybe I'll pick one up, they couldn't be over like $50, they look simple, not much if any paint, etc.
>TWO HUNDRED SEVENTY FIVE MR. MIGHTY JOE AMERICAN FREEDOMERICA EAGLEDOLLARS
>>
>>5715610
You know? This made me wonder, how much this would be worth if we remove the lewd element? I mean, honestly, outside the bulge, what's so special about shamrock? Would you pay over $50 if they were plainly mannequin figures, neither ass or bulge sculpted?

Seriously, is that tiny piece of plastic sculpted on his crotch worth that much?

(Personally, I have bough QB figures, so honesty, yeah, the bulge is a huge part of his value, and probably would pay over $50 for one, but not $100+)
>>
File: KeepGoing.jpg (169 KB, 1034x688) Image search: [Google]
KeepGoing.jpg
169 KB, 1034x688
>>5715622

Even with the lewd element (and it is barely a lewd element), these can't be worth more than $50 or 60, tops. These look like they've got minimal paint at best, a few extra parts but nothing special.

Shit, I've got some Legacy QB Revo's myself, and they're actually lewd figures with about the same amount of extras and I got all of mine for $30-45. What makes these things so special? Anyone care to explain to me why these are going for nearly $300?
>>
>>5715633
>Anyone care to explain to me why these are going for nearly $300?

fuck if I know, for me the price of the new gray ones is pretty much max I'm willing to pay.
>>
>>5715622
>>5715633
Lewd element aside, the whole asthetic is what attracts many people. The fact that they're robots and have somewhat of a backstory helps a bit. The after price can be attributed to the fact that Daibadi is still a small company so after figures aren't being made the demand for them rises and people end up selling them for, in this case, way more than they're worth. Still though the bit of lewdness help boost the interest which in turn boost demand and prices.
>>
>>5715660

Oh, so they're sold out and haven't gotten a re-run yet is all? Ok, that makes sense.
>>
>>5715666
Yup, original retail is actually just around 50$ for the original naked ones
>>
>>5715660
The well majority of people are buying it for sex appeal, don't kid yourself
>>
>>5715686

They going to re-release the originals? Reading the thread and doing a bit of online snooping shows they're doing some fugly grey variants, but those look like ass.
>>
I want to see how Yume re-run will look without panel lining. Pictures of other people really show off how cute she is.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3080x5472) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3080x5472
>>5715689
Oh trust me, I know.
>>
>>5715689
The aesthetics still play a large role, can you honestly say its a common type of sex appeal? if it was just sex appeal you'd go for any run of the mill animu grill figure, sex appeal or not the unique aesthetics are driving interest, where else do you find figures in this style? any similar stuff is equally as under-produced and overpriced in the after market

If you can point me to more common and easily accessible figures like these I'd really appreciate it, otherwise we're still stuck to daibadi
>>
>>5715703
Where are you even looking for prices? I feel like you'd understand better if you looked at the right places

If you'd go to any of the regular import sites you'll still see the listings for the original releases, while out of stock all the original prices are there

As for the question, no releases, just the grey variants you found coming soon, who knows if we'll ever get any re-releases of the originals
>>
>>5715703
Maybe down the line sometime. Right now it seems likely that they'll reissue the grey ones after some time and then after that maybe the original whites will get another run.
>>
>>5715689
I honestly didn't get one for that. I got my Shamrock because he's cute, and he's in a cute outfit right now.
>>
>>5707375
I can't unsee the two dark haired ones doing Laura from sfv poses.
>>
>>5708169
I haven't been around in a while, what's "improved" on the Yume reissue? Or rather, what was broken the first time around that needed fixing?
>>
>>5716908
Generally recurring "problems" were the ponytail peg, one or both of the skirt parts not fitting right and loose knees. They're all fixable by the buyer but I guess enough people complained for Daibadi to try and fix it in a re-issue.
>>
>>5719140
>fixable by the buyer
At this price nothing should have to be fixed by the buyer straight out of the box for such a simply engineered figure. You expect to do these fixes after years or excessive posing, not immediately.

A re-issue with fixes is definitely called for. Also the paint got REALLY sloppy on Yume for whatever reason.
>>
>>5720184
This.
>>
How many of you faggots have the nigga Clover and/or Shamrock on PO right now? Cuz I do.

The wait for Amiami to send the payment request is agonizing (it's my first PO).
>>
>>5722835
I've got gray Shamrock on PO and I'm getting pretty antsy. I really just want to give them my money and get my shit.
>>
>>5722835
Yup, waiting on both.
>>
>>5722835
Still waitin on payment request from amiami
I am gettin a little antsy too
>>
>>5722835
I preordered dark clover from hlj.
>>
no news on the grays' release date yet, I take it?
>>
>>5716554
Post pics
>>
>>5723267
They said this month. They got in factory test samples so it should be on schedule.
>>
File: HNI_0024.jpg (46 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0024.jpg
46 KB, 640x480
>>5723302
I posted it before, but here ya go. Sorry for the bad quality.
>>
>>5707564
they're the exact same joints.
>>
>>5715610
>$275
What the fuck kind of supplier are you using?
>>
>>5726352
On amazon/ebay/any other mainstream site the originals are around this price.
>>
>>5726566
>amazon/ebay/any other mainstream site
Well there's your problem.
>>
File: a481818d596139591e84468f95f7e78b.jpg (303 KB, 1056x1500) Image search: [Google]
a481818d596139591e84468f95f7e78b.jpg
303 KB, 1056x1500
>>5722835
that feel when I cancelled gray clover PO and got yami yugi figma instead
>>
>>5726594 which sites might they be on? I tried looking for them too, they were sold out on amiami but the
Grey reruns were up for pre-order.
>>
>>5726999
If you're asking about the original White ones, those would be the only places aside from the chances of someone selling one in the BST. Those have been off the market for a while, and the only ones available are the grey ones.
>>
>>5726999
They are out of production, so they aren't going to be available for order anywhere without a huge markup. Import and secondhand sites like Amazon and eBay are going to be the biggest price gougers. Outside of the BST, you could try Mandarake or even places like Yahoo Japan auctions. It won't be easy or cheap, they are in high demand and very low supply. You'll be paying the late tax for missing out on the pre-orders.
>>
>>5727025
>>5727037
We have a bunch of daibadi hoarders here on /toy/ too which doesn't help any. Some of the same pricks who used to hoard shinkis.
>>
>>5722835
Congats on your first PO, have fun dwindling all your money away.

>>5726616
I'm getting both :^)
>>
File: 15153725.jpg (193 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
15153725.jpg
193 KB, 900x1200
>>
>>5728647
This. I like this. Kinda makes me regret not ordering that Picco Neemo yukata set.
>>
>>5727378
Still new to collecting, so this'll be my biggest purchase to-date. Also got Emil on PO too.
>>
File: 1395115937834.png (61 KB, 1000x525) Image search: [Google]
1395115937834.png
61 KB, 1000x525
>>5728744
You poor, poor soul.
>>
>>5728744
Its a slippery slope amigo, may the gods give you strength.
>>
Thinking of cancelling grey Clover, lads.

Already have the original and seeing the test shots vs the promo pics last night really soured me on the idea of paying ¥5000 for a figure with no accessories and almost no paint.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 750x729) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 750x729
>>5728847
It all comes down to personal preference I think. Also if tou would want to consider swapping with future releases as Daibadi said they might release more Grey/Tanned polynians sometime in the future.

Many were put off with the changes that were announced so late after the PO went up too, so make of this what you will and make your dicision anon.
>>
>>5728883
I think that pic just sealed it for me, preorder cancelled.

I actually like the grey body/white hair aesthetic a lot more than the original version, but that now looks terrible.
>>
>>5728895
Well, glad I could help somewhat with your dilemma. Now to wait for Mel.
>>
I think it's hilarious that so many people cancelled their preorders that the grey polynians are now totally available again at amiami and HLJ.
Granted the prices are a few bucks higher than their initial solicitation but hey.
Maybe this will tell them something.
>>
>>5707375
>40 bucks
are they that high quality, even the basic models?
>>
File: 1455838958973.jpg (74 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455838958973.jpg
74 KB, 1920x1080
>>5731161
The first two figures are pretty great, despite being bare bones. Most of us were okay with the higher costs to sort of support more independent toys like this.
>>
File: P61301882.jpg (468 KB, 2144x2268) Image search: [Google]
P61301882.jpg
468 KB, 2144x2268
Heels annon here, I finally have the extra large 18mm ball joints in a place were I am happy with them. They definitely don't look as clean as I would like but I have taken them as far as I can on my printer.
For reference the grey one at the bottom is the normal polynian hip joint.
>>
File: image.jpg (955 KB, 3846x3080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
955 KB, 3846x3080
>>5731161
I say it all depends on taste anon. If you dig robutts and dig the aesthetic and the like then by all means go for it. They're fun to pose and mess around with although there where the problems with the first run of Yume's. The new ones look to be fine as they changed production campanys.

>>5731822
Looking good anon, can't wait to see them in action.

>>5730832
I kinda found it funny too but I'm okay with this. If ever I change my mind and want to get one I'll know that they might have some.

Anyway here's a pic of Yume.
>>
Anyone have any places I can order clothes that'd fit the grey clover? I was looking for something like a maid uniform.
>>
>>5731885

QB revos fit on them, I think. There is a maid-like one, too.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MO06RY2/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=
>>
>>5731936
I actually have that one. It'd be great, but the top doesn't come off. Rather, it pops the front off to show part of her breasts and to apply the ripped version.
>>
File: Picco Neemo Maid.jpg (15 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Picco Neemo Maid.jpg
15 KB, 500x375
>>5731885
You'd looking for Picco Neemo clothes my friend. The swimsuit looks good on Polynians. They have others that are like maid uniforms and such but because of they shoulders on the Polynians, they look a bit off. Not all that bad but some people like to have their figures look more streamlined.
>>
>>5732055
I see! Do you have any recommendations for good outfits, or places to buy them?
>>
File: Gothic Lolita Dress.jpg (33 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Gothic Lolita Dress.jpg
33 KB, 600x450
>>5732074
I usually do my shopping at HLJ and occasionally on ebay when I can find good deals but those dresses are at AmiAmi and any other import shop will do.

In fact the sale on doll items at HLJ has some picco Neemo stuff on sale. I have one of the Parka x Bikini set on PO. As for recommendations I would suggest something that would complement their gray color scheme or anything else you find personally appealing.

the dress pictured is on sale right now at HLJ actually, its going for about $25.
>>
>>5731822

Nyello heels anon, your presence has been missed. Still thinking about selling little accessories?
>>
File: IMG_20160614_171309228.jpg (646 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160614_171309228.jpg
646 KB, 2592x1944
>>5732211
I have been here, just lurking.

> accessories
Yup, now that it is summer I have a lot more time for hobby stuff.
In the next few days I think I will organizing a list of what I can make and a way to contact me.
For now pic related is the colours that I am able to print in. Except were noted I think the colours look roughly accurate, on my monitor at least.
>>
>>5731822
Ahaha, closer and closer to victory.
>>
>>5730832
If amiami wasn't such shit for wanting to cancel after seeing how bad they look I would have joined in on the cancelling
>>
No seriously though. Why are you all crying so hard and up in arms about this? They look virtually the same. I'm baffled.
>>
>>5734298
I think they look just fine as well. Maybe my eyes are clouded by the want for sexy robot lady, though.
>>
How do i go about canceling the PO. Ive only bought instock items from amiami
>>
>>5734298
Seems people are shitty they stopped painting the lines and didnt drop the price. Seriously. some paint in some lines. You could do it yourself with a fine tip pen.

>>5734395
>amiami
You can't. You can just not pay when the time comes around but that can get you blacklisted.
>>
>>5731822
I remember you were going to use those joints for something cool, but I can't remember.

>>5734068
plz ship nz.
>>
>>5734521
Off brand polynians with super thick hips and thighs.

And I will do international shipping if the buyer wants to pay for it. USPS quoted me at 13.25 USD for NZ, but I am only guessing on the weight/dimensions so it could end up different.
>>
>>5734521
How high are my chances of getting blacklisted for not paying for a preorder?
>>
Got me a clover since people are getting their panties in a knot, with a momo this month as well and drossel on my shelf, it's about to get really robo-sexual lesbianism.
>>
>>5734677
It's a crapshoot. If it's your first cancellation and you've done a bunch of successful orders in the past, I wouldn't worry too much. If it's a second or third offense your chances are exponentially lower.

>>5734609
Ooh, international shipping, would be fun to play around with.
>>
>>5734833
>your chances are exponentially lower
Lower chances of getting away with it, I mean.
>how do englesh
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 170x184) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 170x184
>>Only 15 days left in June.
>>Still waiting on payment request from Amiami for Gray Clover and Shamrock.
>>mfw
>>
So nobody is stepping up and defending why they are cancelling their pre order? Sounds like the lines aren't that big of a deal and you're just looking for any excuse to be pissy and mad.
>>
>>5736191
Nah, man, you see, if you have to do anything to make your toy look good, it isn't worth it. Panel lining is super hard.
>>
>>5736191

I'm sure they have good reasons. Daibadi could have cut the costs a bit if they're not going to ink the panel lines. I imagine that's the real reason why it pissed a lot of people off.

So when is Yume's second run going to be out?
>>
>>5736191
Fuck the lines I'm mad about them dropping that cool sheen to the grey flesh.
>>
> Considering selling Shamrock and Yume

Where would I fare best, BST or eBay?
>>
>>5736191
People have their reasons, ranging from the panel lines being removed to the fact that we were expecting one thing and then changes were just announced out of nowhere.

>>5735644
they might end up shipping sometime next week. For all we know the figures could be shipping to retailers as we speak.

>>5736365
You might have some more luck in the BST that eBay. There's this one anon whos is always looking to buy Shamrock so you might be able to strike a deal with him. Same goes for Yume too. Then again you could just list them on eBay and scalp 'em if you're that kind of people.

Apologies for long post
>>
>wants some Poly's
>original, good looking ones sold out
>ugly as shit grey versions on the way
>people bitching about how bad the schoolgirl came out made the company make the shit grey ones even uglier

Fuck, what did I do to deserve this. I don't know whether to buy because they might never redo the originals, or say fuck it because the grey robots look so fucking bad.
>>
>>5736419
If I go towards BST what would be a fairer price to sell 'em off for? Might scalp a bit on eBay but it'd be nice to know.
>>
>>5736615
I remember seeing some one sell a Clover for around 80ish bucks some time ago. So maybe somewhere around there? Another anon sold a Yume for about $60 too around the time she was released. If you were to go and sell them on eBay I would say to list them maybe at like $100ish or best offer then maybe you could make the 80 on there but I really can't say. Yume is getting a reissue so she wont be worth as much right now but people are always looking fo the original ones so you might make a bit more cash with ol' Shamrock.
>>
>>5736615
Just as an example, I think I would be willing to pay 70 plus shipping on a used but good condition clover. Maybe more up 100 for shamrock, but yume is still up for order so I would expect her for at cost or less. Definitely less if she was a unit know to suffer from bad knees.
>>
If it helps, I bought a new Shamrock off the BST like 2 months ago for 80USD.
>>
>>5736446
I just plan on repainting the gray ones. I've been doing that shit since I was 10 so I've gotten pretty damn good at it.
>>
>>5735644

If the date hasn't been announced by now, I'm betting they'll be delayed. It's happened to every one of these figures so far.

>But it's just a repaint of an existing figure

Big deal. Clover got a re-release, and that got delayed by a month too. And that was a straight-up re release with no changes.

I'm betting they get delayed until July, and I'm betting Mel gets delayed until August or September.
>>
>>5740824
Well, Daibadi's FB oage said they had them and if all went well with the shipping they'd be getting delivered soon so maybe they'll just end up shipping towards the end of June like the last week of the month or so.

Mel however still has a chance of getting delayed as no news on her has come up. Hope she doesn't but if she does I hope its to go over any problems that they could find on the production of the figures.
>>
>>5740934
Feels like they're waiting on feedback on the greys before they let the factories do Mel.
>>
>>5715061
>>5715303
>>5728647
Can I have the sauce?
>>
>>5741237
https://twitter.com/sinoozaka
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 750x787) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 750x787
So it /seems/, at least according to this FB translation and my understanding, that the Grey Polynian will be shipping out soon and it seems that they'll be seeling some at AK Garden too.

Might be wrong be wrong since FB kinda scks at translations but I hope I'm not.
>>
When's the second Yume run coming out?
>>
>>5741896
Well I ordered the second round on May 1st and the back order status said 4 to 6 weeks. That means she a week over do, so par for the course.
>>
>>5741942

I'm assuming he means the "renewal" version with the changes and (supposed) fixes. That's scheduled for November.
>>
File: 1435193865043.jpg (37 KB, 270x276) Image search: [Google]
1435193865043.jpg
37 KB, 270x276
I'd get such a boner if the grey clover/shamrock's came out amazing and all the people that cancelled their pre-orders regretted it but daibadi never does a second run due to all of those cancelled pre orders.

I'm so excited for my grey shamrock
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 720x960
The Mel prototype was revealed and is on display at AK Garden. Looks great since she didn't really rely too much on panel lining. Accessories look nice too, can't wait for her to be released.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 720x960
>>5742164
Pic of the other Mel.

>>5742039
Glad you're happy anon. Money was a bit tight this time for me if not I would have gotten a Clover. Post pics whenever you get him!
>>
>>5742164
>>5742169
The backpack is what i'm worried about. The guns already look a little more plain losing the panel lining but the backpack is going to turn into a big chunk of white plastic.
>>
File: 154171522.jpg (107 KB, 675x1200) Image search: [Google]
154171522.jpg
107 KB, 675x1200
>>
File: 1562262652.jpg (118 KB, 675x1200) Image search: [Google]
1562262652.jpg
118 KB, 675x1200
>>
File: mel_compare1.jpg (192 KB, 936x800) Image search: [Google]
mel_compare1.jpg
192 KB, 936x800
>>5742164
She really suffers for the lack of panel lines, especially on her hair and weapons.
>>
File: mel_compare2.jpg (130 KB, 668x689) Image search: [Google]
mel_compare2.jpg
130 KB, 668x689
>>5742169
My gut instinct is to cancel my preorder, because I'm not okay with a bait and switch running change on principle, especially if they're simply removing features and adding nothing to a figure this ridiculously overpriced.
It's like they're saying "We can't get this right, so we just won't do it, and if you want to try, don't blame us if you fuck it up"
But she's so cute, I'm conflicted.
>>
>>5742673
>>5742675
Eh, I'm keeping my PO. I agree with the whole bait and switch thing since they're still using the panel lined pictures on sites. I'm okay with how she looks, thought the panel lines would make it way better.

I only hope that when everyone else gets the Grey Polys and when Mel releases, there's enough talk about the panel lines that they start doing it again for the future releases like Pinkle who will need them. If push comes to shove and I change my how I feel, I'll try to fill in the lines myself or something.

>>5742651
>>5742654
Wait they're shipping out already?
>>
I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm kinda glad they're losing the panel lines since there's less color-clashing when you swap parts between them.
>>
>>5742681
>>5742673
>>5742675

I'm gonna pay for Mel, but I'm definitely going to attempt to panel line her myself. It just loses too much without them IMHO. I have some tiny brushes and reaper paints from minis so I have confidence I can do it.
She's a bit expensive but no more so than a GK or a MG kit. Shit, compared to WH4K this is a steal.
>>
File: fran.jpg (28 KB, 366x319) Image search: [Google]
fran.jpg
28 KB, 366x319
>>5742654
Wait just a fucking second.
That's a White Clover without panel lines.
>Reissue Clover Incoming?
>>
>>5742720
It also has blushing on the face, might just be the GK
>>
>>5737183

I've done a lot of Warhammer painting, but that sort of shit won't hold up without a protective coating and that might fuck the joints up unless they can all be removed. And even then it might still thicken holes as that shit gets everywhere....
>>
Any tips for repainting these?
>>
>>5743041
Luckily all the joints can be removed but there are non joint parts to consider like the waist segments and the head which breaks down into 3 to 5 pieces depending on the bot. The tolerances of parts probably will be thrown off but that is what sand paper is for.
>>
>>5743177

Not to mention the type of coat you use will also effect the look.

tl;dr It's a pain in the ass as a whole and these shitters need to just dump white plastic into the molds again already.
>>
>>5742967
Doubt it. You can see the sprue marks in the same place as the grey one next to it, like on the shoulders, and the clover head doesn't have lines on the purple.
>>
>>5742654
There is something kinda interesting going on in this picture I just noticed. If you look at their shoulder joints you can see that they are slightly displaced from there sockets. I think this is because of different versions of the hobby base joints.
In the pic you can see that the lower joint, a commercial one, has a larger chamfer around the peg as apposed to the upper one that came in shamrock that has less material.
There is not much point in calling this out as it makes sense that Daibadi gets custom joints but assuming that this is one of their promotional pictures its odd that they used the wrong joints.
>>
File: IMG_20160619_162125218.jpg (69 KB, 831x659) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160619_162125218.jpg
69 KB, 831x659
>>5743300
Forgot my pic.
>>
>>5743300
Its the garage kit edition hence the blushing face.
>>
>>5742673
>>5742675
Jesus christ, the hair REALLY suffers from lack of lines here. It just looks so damn boring now. The weapons also look less interesting and although the backpack isn't shown without the line detail it's going to look even worse than the guns.

I'm really considering canceling now. Already canceled the gray variants.
>>
>>5743724
I'm seriously considering cancelling my PO as well. On one hand she's cute, on the other hand she's tiny, almost $60, and now lacking basic paint apps. I'd rather put that kind of cash towards something I really want than spend it on a fixer-upper and regret it.
>>
>>5744099 >>5743724 >>5742718
>>5742681 >>5742675 >>5742673

Once again just like with the grey clover and shamrock, Mel is mysteriously back in stock at HLJ (albeit 300 yen more expensive than her initial preorder.)
If I were to offer a guess, it would be because people are cancelling now that we've seen the final product.
>>
>>5744383
I eagerly await the butthurt people will have over canceling the preorder when it turns out the figures are completely fine, then a few days down the road are scalped for triple their retail price.
>>
>>5744460
>the figures are completely fine
Except we can clearly see from the production photos above that the figures are NOT completely fine. They lack detailing and look like cheap, unpainted model kits for the price, which keeps getting even worse as the yen falls.
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 675x915) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 675x915
>>5744383
Yeah, she's back up for retail price. Been debating this entire time and I'm on the fence now about her too. Yeah she's cute and all but her accessories will really suffer from the lack of panel lines. The money I could save on her could go towards my purchase of an assault lily since I've recently gotten into the line. On the other hand, I really like the her design. So I might end up just getting her.

Side note, pics of the Grey Poly's are hitting twitter. They need that panel lining. They look weird and too plain without 'em.
>>
why don't you just panel line them yourselves holy fuck
>>
>>5744467
They look 90% the same. Everyone is being so anal over some black lines they could easily apply themselves with a basic fine point sharpy and some gloss sealant to make them match promotional material perfectly.

But it seems that tiny amount of effort is too much for people, oh well, the people who aren't lazy and/or retarded benefit.
>>
>>5744481
>a basic fine point sharpy and some gloss sealant

Or even a pencil and a Q-tip.
>>
>>5744481
I'm okay with it. I might do that and fill in the lines because I still like how they look since the design wasn't changed. What has people in an uproar is that we're paying for a figure thats supposed to be complete and finished. People dont like the fact that they're paying the same amount of cash but have to do extra work for the figure to look like how it was advertised.

Actually decided to keep my PO for her after what >>5744460 said because I don't want to regret not having her down the road.
>>
File: boohoofaggots.jpg (74 KB, 543x571) Image search: [Google]
boohoofaggots.jpg
74 KB, 543x571
I think you faggots should go right ahead and cancel your orders. You have a valid reason. But for fuck's sake do it and shut the cunting hell up about it.

Jesus Christ in a sidecar, All this continual ranting and raving and bitching and moaning about "MUH PANEL LINES", "MUH TRUTH IN ADVERTISING" etc etc etc, just gets fucking old.
Yeah we get it. you don't like it.
Yeah, you're going to cancel your orders.
OK, Fine Now shut the fuck up, you're sounding like whiny little self-entitled brats now. Continual bitching will change nothing.

And ten bucks says most of you faggots will regret passing on your orders in about a month, and then we'll have to listen to your wailing and bleating about "latecomer's tax".
>>
>>5744576
I'm going to need you to take your opinions and put 'em way up inside your butthole.
>>
>>5744606
Wow. That's the best you can do? I mean, you just proved the point.

>you're sounding like whiny little self-entitled brats
Exactly.

Just how old are you anon? Three, maybe four years old? That's about what you sound like by reading your poor attempt at a comeback.
>>
>>5744615
>je suis un shill : the post
>>
>>5744645
Still proving my point kiddo.

>shill
You might want to find out what that word means before you use it. It would keep you from looking like a bigger uneducated cretin than you already do.

inb4 you use 'cuck' in your next post. Yet another word faggots like you don't know the meaning of.
>>
Lol I really don't get the big deal, the lines are still there because they are part of the mold, they're a bit fainter without paint yeah but you can still see them just fine

ah well, you kids do you
>>
But if we don't bitch and complain how will we see you get so angry over nothing?
>>
>>5744671
>>5744677
>paying 60$ for a figure
>we are the idiots for complaining that they're taking away an important aspect of it

You must be the kind of person who just walks away even when you know you're handed the wrong order at a fast food place.
>>
>>5744946
>some ink in some lines is an important aspect

its like you think they took out all the joints and you'd have to craft them yourselves with the way people are acting. I'm absolute shit tier at anything creative and needing a fine hand so I'm going to report to thread when Im done adding lines to my poly just to prove to you cucks how damn easy it was. I wont even need sealer because Ill pose it once and leave it.
>>
It sucks that they are putting less detail in to the paint job, but I think the real crux of the conflict is that different people care to varying degrees, and that is okay. It can be a deal breaker for some and not for others.
It is what it is, and maybe Daibadi will listen to the people who chose to talk with their wallets eventually and maybe not.

Either way there is not much for us to discuss as it is, with out us just baiting others.
>>
>>5744946
You don't read very well do you?

>>5744576
>I think you faggots should go right ahead and cancel your orders. You have a valid reason.
>You have a valid reason.
See?

>But for fuck's sake do it and shut the cunting hell up about it.
>All this continual ranting and raving and bitching and moaning about "MUH PANEL LINES", "MUH TRUTH IN ADVERTISING" etc etc etc, just gets fucking old.
>Yeah we get it. you don't like it.
>Yeah, you're going to cancel your orders.
>OK, Fine Now shut the fuck up, you're sounding like whiny little self-entitled brats now. Continual bitching will change nothing.

No shilling, no calling you idiots for not buying it. Just pointing out that you faggots have been bitching constantly over something that everybody already knows, and that won't be changed because of it.

For fuck's sake man, get off the fucking cross. We need it for firewood.

(And learn some reading comprehension will ya? It might help you get ahead in life instead of remaining a dumbass.)
>>
>>5745322
If you don't like the negativity, you night feel a bit more at home on reddit or tumblr.
>>
>>5745303
I shouldn't have to do something like that. I bought the damn thing already.
>>
>>5744677
This. Exactly.
+1 thumbs up senpai

I'm going to laugh hysterically if the aftermarket reaches $100+ and these people regret cancelling their orders.
>>
File: crybaby toychan.jpg (145 KB, 749x717) Image search: [Google]
crybaby toychan.jpg
145 KB, 749x717
Nobody is even "shilling". The disclaimer is right there in front of you the whole time. You were warned. Pic related.

You guys can cancel your orders or whatever, but you don't have the right to crucify Daibadi.
>>
>>5745494
You should post when you lurk a bit more.
>>
>>5745513
You should know what you're getting in to when you pre order toys a bit more.
>>
>>5745494
B-BTFO?
>>
>>5745483
Id rather do it then get shitty lines, desu. I'm sure Daibadi looked at the situation seriously, tried to figure out if they could get the lines done more nicely, but in the end removing the lines was the best option to produce the best product.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.