[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Higher than anticipated price on these Sonic figures?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 20160529_134643.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160529_134643.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Hi /toy/, so I have these three Sonic the Hedgehog figures (see picture) I was gonna put up on Craigslist or something, I looked around on Ebay and Amazon to get an idea for the price and...

Can anyone tell me why these are going for so much? I was expecting to sell them for like $20 a piece at the most, but I am seeing them for much more than that...

Is it just because they're over 10 years old and unopened?

They're Sonic X 9 inch action figures from around 2004 or so.
>>
>>5701752
they're rare and hard to find now, simple as that.

Do ebay, you won't find a decent price on craigslist.
>>
The original Sonic Adventure ones actually had working buttons.
>>
>>5701982

Oi guess that makes sense! Thanks for the input <3
>>
HOW COME THERE IS NOT A SINGLE GOOD SONIC FIGURINE? Why is that so hard to make?
>>
>>5707461
Except that there have been plenty over the years. ReSaurus did a good job during the Adventure days, Jazwares towards the end of its run managed to get a few good figures out.

What constitutes a 'good' figure for you anyways?
>>
>>5712807
I stand corrected if you can show me. I know it's spoonfeeding but I want to make sure I know exactly what figurines you're referring to.
>>
I have the sonic one, I bought it at a clearance sale from the mall over 10 years ago and I never figured out how to get it to work, there's speakers on it but it's all a mystery
>>
>>5713637
Here are the ReSaurus figures I mentioned. Keep in mind, these are over 15 years old designs, fairly close to the ones used in Adventure.
>>
>>5713637
I have the majority of the jazwares Sonic figures, but they're still in their packages...because, it's jazwares

I have no idea what >>5712807 is talking about.
>>
File: attachment[1].jpg (156 KB, 800x495) Image search: [Google]
attachment[1].jpg
156 KB, 800x495
>>5713889
And this, I think, is one of the later run of Sonic figures from the Jazwares 3" line. Overpriced for the size and had serious issues that started to go away towards the end but ruined the line for sales such as knobby articulation points and flash on the mold, loose joints, etc.

On the plus side, they did get better with articulation as the line progressed and it was one of the most prolific lines, character-wise. We got Sonic, Shadow, Silver, their super forms, Sonic's Werehog form, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Dr. Robotnik, Classic versions of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Robotnik, buncha badniks, Chaotix, Metal Sonic, Blaze, Jet, Storm, Wave, and Big.
>>
>>5713977
They're also fragile as fuck, rarely stand and sometimes poor paint jobs but you dont notice it until you actually open the pack.

Not to mention their constant repackaging just for accessories nonsense.
>>
>>5713986
The later figures I have are solid, but I agree about the earlier figures. My Blaze still needs her tail reattached. Wish we'd gotten a Rouge from the line before it died, I can't get into the new Tomy line outside of the classic Eggmobile
>>
>>5714022
If by later you mean the ones that came with accessories. The classic figures are solid but lack articulation completely.

The werehog is a sturdy figure I will admit however.
>>
>>5714028
>Classic figures lack articulation
I think you're referring to the single box-set ones, the ones that came separate had less articulation but still had some, Classic Robotnik's one of my favorite figs and has swivel-hinge shoulders, hinge elbows, swivel waist, swivel-hinge hips, and I think swivel wrists. Modern Robotnik lost the waist but got knnees instead.
>>
>>5714053
I have the anniversary figures, I was exaggerating about their articulation. It's there, just nothing noteworthy really.

I'm missing Classic Robotnik and Modern, you're lucky.
>>
>>5714067
Robotnik's one of the few characters I didn't hesitate on despite knowing Jazwares was awful. Wish I'd broke down and bought some of the figures like Big or one of those massive lots of Badniks that were on eBay for a while.

As to the Tomy line, I'd suggest the Robotnik vehicle set and I'm wanting to get the Tornado but not for the 30 bucks they want for it.
>>
>>5713889
Oh these. Dude, I had these when I was a kid. I really loved them, but they're ugly as fuck.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.