[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EVERYTHING ELSE IS JUST A TOY.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
File: chip hazard.jpg (95 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
chip hazard.jpg
95 KB, 375x500
EVERYTHING ELSE IS JUST A TOY.
>>
>>5700572
getting these figure was so disappointing knowing the mold show more points of articulation than the figure actually had.
>>
I liked that movie better when it was called Avatar
>>
>>5700572
Is this a small version? I had the big electronic one with karate chop and he had a shit ton of accessories
>>
>>5701090
>>
File: content_small_soldiers-059_copy.jpg (229 KB, 575x383) Image search: [Google]
content_small_soldiers-059_copy.jpg
229 KB, 575x383
>>5701371
>>
>>5701090

It fucking pissed me the fuck off that they had joints sculped into them as a "lol we troll u" from the toy company.
>>
>>5701090
>>5701408
Mattel is godawful about that. Toy Story 3, they had 5 or so different Chunk molds, all of them with fake articulation.
>>
12 inch Archer/Chip collector figures when?
>>
>>5701372

GORGONITE SCUM
>>
>>5701517
When people give a fuck about Small Soldiers enough to justify making those.
>>
>>5701584

Small Soldiers is a fucking masterpiece and it's still watched to this day.
>>
>>5701589
By who? You?
>>
>>5700572

great sculpts and packaging. They actually bothered to make unique molds for each character to make it look like they were trying to break out of the plastic.

revoltech, if there is a time for you to be random on your western movie picks to turn into revos... i hope its this one.
>>
>>5701151
But you can actually root for the monsters here, unlike in Avatar.
>>
>>5701675
Well what I don't get is how shit like Gremlins 2, another Dante film, was similar to Small Soldiers in only doing kinda good, and yet that shit's gotten a figure for practically every Gremlin and Mogwai on screen.

I know the first film was a hit, so I understand it's merch, but come on. Somebody could throw a damn bone and at the very least, do Archer and Chip. I hope Funko does a 90's film mystery box set and makes some minis. Either that or Neca.

>inb4 shit taste

The sad truth is, they' be the most likely (and affordable) to do it.
>>
>>5700572
Major chip hazard reporting for duty

Die gorgonite scum
>>
>>5701151

I liked Avatar better when it was called Pocahontas.

Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?
>>
>>5701372
The Gorgonites are so adorable, I don't know how to better put it but they make me more empathic towards them than say Toy Story characters. Maybe it was the helplesness and the more real chance of getting fucking destroyed.
Also the fact that a movie about toys has no good toys out is just baffling.
>>
File: 64572819458.jpg (952 KB, 1280x1856) Image search: [Google]
64572819458.jpg
952 KB, 1280x1856
>>5702970
>>5701371
>>5701372

REMOVE GORGONITES
>>
File: mrmyt.png (328 KB, 800x764) Image search: [Google]
mrmyt.png
328 KB, 800x764
>>5701371
>just now noticed the buckles
>>
>>5701372
>>
File: lous.jpg (89 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
lous.jpg
89 KB, 900x506
>the ugly, non-humans are the good guys
>>
>>5704423
If a sadistic child like Sid from Toy Story had the Commandos and Gorgonites, he'd help them in destroying the fuckers.
>>
Still have my Archer somewhere, never found a Chip Hazard to fight him.
>>
>>5701371
>>5701372
>>5701589
>>5701949
This movie was such garbage
>"Let's design every humanoid character to fall directly into the uncanny valley, and every monster to be just creepy in general"
>"Then let's make it with the lurching style of claymation, and write it so that the tone is so confused and inconsistent throughout you never feel any emotion except deep, constant, unease. We can just call it a "dark comedy"."
>"AND THEN LET'S SELL IT TO KIDS."
>>
>>5704915
You sound joyless and autistic.
>>
>>5705089
I don't mind things marketed towards kids, and I think that things for kids can written well enough to be enjoyed by anyone. I like spongebob and adventure time and the lego movie and I'm on a fucking toy board.
I like dark comedies, In Bruges is one of my favorite movies.
I do not like creepy, weird, pseudo dark comedies marketed towards kids, so that it's both toothless with actual "edgy jokes" but the shit it gets away with is fucked up in its own right.
I do not like bad movies.
>>
>>5704915
Gremlins was a dark comedy, and this was another one of Dante's works. Stan Winston designed the toys so of course they're uncanny. And the movie was PG-13. It's more of a darker satire of shit like Toy Story if you think about it.

And bear in mind that Kenner, the ones who made the toys for the film, made Predator and Alien figures for youngins. It was super common for non kid titles to get children's toylines. Stop getting your panties in a wad.
>>
>>5704915
when I was a kid, I loved it. So did all my other friends.

haven't seen it in forever, but if a kids movie pleases kids then...?
>>
>>5705667
I was a kid when I saw it, it was unsettling then, but only when I saw it again recently did I fully contextualize how fucked up it was.
>the powerline death scenes
>>5705293
I've never seen Gremlins, it's entire premise has never appealed to me. And there's a difference between having kids merchandise of a dark/adult movie and the actual adult/dark movie itself being the thing marketed towards kids.
Maybe I'm just bitter because my parents took the bait and showed me a PG-13 movie when I was four/six years old
>>
>>5704915
geez dude, you sound like a giant soccermom crying about how inappropriate a stupid movie is.

But you're right, the movie is garbage, but not because of anything you said. It's just a shitty movie.
>>
>>5705700
In the beginning it was a borderline R rating, and they had to tame it to make it PG-13. It is odd that it was received as a dark kids film, but in reality I don't think that was the real intent.
>>
Just watched this again the other day and I never before noticed how much violence and cursing there actually was

Nick Nitro is still my favorite Commando Elite.
>>
>>5705795
Yeah, that too.
>>5705809
If they kept it R and made it a consistently dark comedy it would be less unsettling. The tone would be consistent, I'd know what to expect, and the writing would have enough teeth to match the style.
As it stands it's kind of like making a family/kid friendly redub of Predator, and then playing that over the completely unedited Predator film with all violence and murder intact. And I think that's just weird.
>>
>>5706097
Sorry, not "less unsettling", it would actually fix/address most/all issues I've brought up in this thread.
>>
I have every single figure except for Flatchoo (just not gotten around to him yet) and the battle changing Archer and Freakenstein because of prices. All the rest I have. Including Kip Killigan.

get at me boys
>>
I had nearly all of the Gorgonites but only could score Chip Hazard for the Commando Elite, and even then, it was due to the nice lady who worked at the department store's toy section, promising me, who was still a kid then, she'd save one Chip Hazard for me because she knows I'd been buying the other Gorgonites and comes back there weekly just to check on the availability.

I loved that movie even though I knew it's not that great of a movie, I just loved how the toys looked in that movie. The actual toy line itself had decent sculpts, wished they had proper joints for the 6 inch line though, instead of just swivels.
>>
There was some story about how they gave away some toys at the premiere of the movie that were made from the same molds as the actual puppets.
I hate whoever decided to not release those publicly.
>>
NECA when
>>
>>5712828

Too bad they only give a fuck about Aliens, Predators, and 80s nostalgia-pandering.
>>
>>5712869
One of these days they'll run out and have to move on to 90s nostalgia pandering.
>>
>>5705180
>if i don't like it it's bad
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
>>5712828
They already made Chip Hazard.
>>
>>5700572
I got my doll fetish from this movie
>>
>>5703403
God damn, that's some subtle foreshadowing boy.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.