[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SDCC exclusives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 12
File: CCILogo-R.png (26 KB, 180x215) Image search: [Google]
CCILogo-R.png
26 KB, 180x215
Why is this allowed? When are people gonna stand up and say fuck it, boycott the companies who fell for this meme
>>
>>5691659
You first.
>>
>>5691659
Same reason why store exclusives are still allowed. Call something exclusive, instant up in desirability. Desirability that even leads people who wouldn't give a shit to buy them.
>>
>>5691659
Why do you care, peon? You don't actually buy toys anyway.
>>
File: 3X3.gif (18 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
3X3.gif
18 KB, 125x125
>>5691659
>Waaaaaaaaah, everything must be fair!
>Muh Entitlement!
>>
>>5691727
As somebody who actually enjoys things for what they are, I really hate the posers that get off on exclusivity.
>>
Why is anything anything?
>>
>>5691862
>generation y and z babbies were raised to be entitled
Pretty much.
>>
Can't believe everyone in this thread is defending companies making artificial scarcity and encouraging collectors to scalp each other for extra bucks
>>
>>5692448
If it was a retail version of a figure that was being stockpiled to be sold at sdcc then that would be an artificial scarcity. Con exclusives are rewards for people who take the time to attend these conventions. There's nothing wrong about Con exclusives, there is however something wrong with all of the entitled whining.
>>
I've only gotten a couple of SDCC sculsies! They have mostly been statues. One was a face difference. One was a whole different body. One is going for $100 more than what I paid and the other is $300 more. It's pretty ridiculous what scalpers price things as. I've only seen a couple"exclusives" that look nice. But suckers will buy pretty much anything with that sticker.
>>
>>5691901
This
>>
even if not scarce, having event exclusives is usually desirable, it happens even for shit like sports, etc

i think the bigger problem are the crazy prices they can fetch after, which only makes getting the items impossible to get even if you actually attend the event (because of retarded scalpers).
>>
>>5691727
Store exclusives aren't as bad as annual, crowded as fuck, only in one very specific location exclusives senpai.
>>
>>5691862
>not accepting things can be unfair
Entitlement
>not accepting things can be unfair on fucking purpose
That's actually pretty normal.
>>
File: left out.jpg (25 KB, 470x338) Image search: [Google]
left out.jpg
25 KB, 470x338
>>5692448
>Can't believe everyone in this thread is defending companies making artificial scarcity and encouraging collectors to scalp each other for extra bucks
How is it artificial scarcity?
They're only going to make what they think they can sell at SDCC.
They're only allowed to sell them at SDCC.
Do you want them to make nothing at all instead?
Stop being a fucking baby about this.

Exclusives allow for "fun" shit to be made that normally can't.
>>
>>5692854
>They're only going to make what they think they can sell at SDCC.
Then how come SDCC exclusives always get scalped in the aftermarket? Obviously there's a demand for such things beyond the con-goers. At least make it a webshop exclusive or something so that everyone who wanted it can have it, but they don't have to overproduce and risking the figures to shelfwarm at retail

>They're only allowed to sell them at SDCC.
This is exactly artificial scarcity.

>Exclusives allow for "fun" shit to be made that normally can't.
Webstore exclusives, or even limited runs with preorder sessions would solve all this problems
>>
File: TMNT12-1300x-1024x625.jpg (95 KB, 1024x625) Image search: [Google]
TMNT12-1300x-1024x625.jpg
95 KB, 1024x625
>>5692864
>Then how come SDCC exclusives always get scalped in the aftermarket? Obviously there's a demand for such things beyond the con-goers
Because people are morans.
There's a lot of times when something doesn't sell out at the convention and the company is left with unsold stock, especially last year.

>This is exactly artificial scarcity.
That's stupid. That's like saying everything has an artificial scarcity because they don't account for bumfucknobody#45 who is complaining on /toy/ that he didn't get a chance to order a toy that's 5 years old.
What part of "can only be sold at the con" can't you understand? They can't account for everybody and are themselves limited, so they only focus on what can be sold at the convention.
The complaints here makes it sound like they're doing it on purpose cuz "hurr hurr they want to feed scalpers"

>Webstore exclusives, or even limited runs with preorder sessions would solve all this problems
Fucking dumb and requires over a year to be done, but then fuckbummer#45 didn't know about the year headstart to account for the preorders and cries about "artificial scarcity" once they're released.

Just so you know, the vast majority of collector toys do not sell out and those that do take months to do so. Plenty of time for anyone to buy their figures, which is why no one does something that complicated. This applied so much to last year's SDCC exclusives.

Again, these figures are limited to SDCC. Sucks for you if you can't go. You need to stop crying. Either find a middleman or learn that the world isn't fair, because there's nothing else you can do about attaining awesomeness.
>>
> ITT Californians being bitches about letting anyone else get their exclusives

I bet the same bunch of asshats are over in the figuarts threads asking why wonfes exclusive don't they like burgerbucks?
>>
>>5692940
Thumbnail looks like the Foot Soldier has a long-dong that Don is pulling on.
>>
>>5693847
Google freud anon and enjoy the cocks.
>>
>>5691659
because no one would go to the shitty event if it didnt have exclusives
>>
File: flapjack.jpg (109 KB, 1001x770) Image search: [Google]
flapjack.jpg
109 KB, 1001x770
>>5693310
cry more bitter tears.

I accept i can't have everything and when i really do want something, i actually just ask people to get it for me, instead of being a crying bitch.
>>
File: twilight_ruined_comic_con.jpg (51 KB, 510x456) Image search: [Google]
twilight_ruined_comic_con.jpg
51 KB, 510x456
>>5694165
i wish.

Motherfucking Twilight is one of the reasons SDCC sells out now and those fucking cows then pay for their trip and ticket by selling comic con exclusives to the vendors at the show now.
All these fucking cows only want to see celebrities. The only good thing about that is Hall H keeps them corralled and out of the actual convention for most of the day.
>>
>>5694227
>blaming Twilight

Does anyone care about that anymore? I think these days you're supposed to blame everything you dislike on Zoe Quinn because she's not a Christian or some other bullshit reason.
>>
>>5694221
i miss this show
>>
File: 1463172084284.jpg (59 KB, 655x527) Image search: [Google]
1463172084284.jpg
59 KB, 655x527
>>5694221
>punishing companies for their anti-consumer business practices is a bad thing
You're whats wrong with this world.
>>
>>5691659
What's even on the list this year
>>
File: poor losers.jpg (38 KB, 450x357) Image search: [Google]
poor losers.jpg
38 KB, 450x357
>>5694288
>anti-consumer business practices
>releasing something is bad
Yes, yes.
We all know that if you can't have it, no one else should.
>>
>>5691659
why is what allowed?
>>
>>5693310
Thank christ they'll all die from dehydration
>>
>>5693847

>Foot soldiers are robots
>"Donatello does machines."
>>
>>5691745
>>5691862
Why so serious?
>>
>>5694796
>implying it's just "releasing something"
They're creating artificial scarcity.
>>
>>5696400
And what other way could they do it?
Their license only allows them to release it at a trade show
>>
>>5694228
>zoe Quinn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq8AN9v1BFQ

people are gonna ignhore this post? especially when twilight did infact ruin comic con because women only care about celebrities?
>>
>>5697019
oh fuck off, no one cares about your first world problems.
>>
>>5697019
We're not /co/ or whatever.
>>
>>5697019
I watched the video. That sounds awful.

Never been to a con in my life, I know people who have though
The whole con-culture seems like normie cancer to me.
Attention hungry cosplayers, overpriced tat and waiting in line for hours and hours.
No thanks.
>>
File: 1463508180655.jpg (377 KB, 1196x880) Image search: [Google]
1463508180655.jpg
377 KB, 1196x880
>>5697051
>factual video upsets the angry feminist

tri-tri-tri-triggered! :^)

>>5697064
I know right?

>>5697057
>we're not a board dedicated to plastic collectibles that originiate from other cultures and trends in life ie anime, video games or kinocapers

:^)
>>
its nice knowing wonder festival out classes every single convention in the world :^)
>>
>>5697085
also jojo would be /a/ and the school girls post.

Why is neca aliens /co/
isnt mega man /v/
>>
>>5697291
polynians should be /jp/ since they're from a VN

robot damashii to /m/, TtL to /v/
>>
>>5697019
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq8AN9v1BFQ
What a shitty video.
So many things are wrong about it.
Makes it sound like sour grapes.
>>
>>5694227
>. The only good thing about that is Hall H keeps them corralled and out of the actual convention for most of the day.

And the previous day for tha matter since they all camp out.
>>
File: SDCCtwilight ruined comic con.jpg (153 KB, 645x749) Image search: [Google]
SDCCtwilight ruined comic con.jpg
153 KB, 645x749
>>5699840
i dont think camping out is that much of a cow pen anymore, since they give out those tickets now.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.