[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i thought this would be the best place to ask
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5
File: little bitch.jpg (17 KB, 446x500) Image search: [Google]
little bitch.jpg
17 KB, 446x500
what are these? who makes them? where are the anime ones coming from? where am i supposed to get them? and why are they associated with mayonnaise???

https://youtu.be/j5QlQkojQYI
>>
the mayonnaise company kewpie owns this character as their mascot as they are the ones who created it
>>
File: help.png (6 KB, 272x132) Image search: [Google]
help.png
6 KB, 272x132
>>5681768
im still very confused
>>
>>5681776
fuck I don't know then, its as old as red coke then. go figure
>>
File: img10063379621.jpg (63 KB, 600x396) Image search: [Google]
img10063379621.jpg
63 KB, 600x396
>>
File: theplotthickens.png (1 MB, 903x700) Image search: [Google]
theplotthickens.png
1 MB, 903x700
>>
Kewpie dolls were Cupid dolls, it was a cartoon character way back in the day. I can only assume that the mayo company decided to buy the rights to the character since they were the same name and the character already had a massive following as an antique.
>>
Kewpie mayo is a Japanese brand. More here on the legal fighting from way back when

http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1998/Japanese-Co-Fights-To-Use-Kewpie/id-da891e49ff18b8c4da95267d6922c9b2
>>
>>5681903
Further clarification, they were based off illustrations of little cupid/cherubs by Rose ONeil back in the WWI era. Popular images for greeting cards and whatnot. Similar to how Care Bears were created, actually, though obviously much older. Thats why older Kewpies have tiny weird wings on their backs. They've been resurrected on and off over the years and used for various keepsakes and toys, like catalog and Hallmark type junk for grandmas. I'm not sure on the legal battle regarding the Japanese company getting them, it seems like they were already trying to use them as a mascot somehow, but hey that happens with a lot of stuff.
>>
File: what the FUCK.jpg (52 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
what the FUCK.jpg
52 KB, 500x400
>>5681795
>>5681903
>>5681952
>>5683342
<3
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.