[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pretentious toy general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9
File: AshleyWood.jpg (18 KB, 220x312) Image search: [Google]
AshleyWood.jpg
18 KB, 220x312
you cant play with those
>>
>>5674691
Wait, is that actually Ashley wood?

...I thought he was a girl.
>>
>>5674705
it'd be more forgivable if he was.
>>
>>5674705
I thought he was asian.
>>
>tfw you saw him at sdcc and just though he was some knob manning the booth
>>
how do we really define a pretentious toy?
>>
>>5674729
>>5674718
>>5674705
Nope hes a fat fuck that glues tin cans together while he fetishizes japan
>>
>>5674773
don't forget his leg fetish
>>
File: AshleyWood_Happiness7.jpg (416 KB, 1000x593) Image search: [Google]
AshleyWood_Happiness7.jpg
416 KB, 1000x593
It's easy to insult Wood because most of us only know him as 'that Australian shitcunt who can't run a toy company to save his life', but it's worth remembering that he can paint and draw like a motherfucker. The first serious fine art exhibition of his work happened when he was 20, he could have just settled for making fuck-you money selling paintings to rich idiots who only cared about the tax write-off, but instead he all but turned his back on that world to work in comics, simply because he wanted to.

For that reason I'll always have a baseline level of respect for the guy.
>>
>>5674730
a toy you're not supposed to play with at all, and made that way. but still is called a 'toy'

Thee-A/ZERO makes collectables though.

So OP and the haters are just assdestroyed douchebags who:
a: mad they cant afford
b: reasonably peeved that such arguably low quality things are sold for such exhorbitant prices
c: edgelords on the internet
d: genuinely pissed off at how elitist the fanbase is and as such grown spiteful of the line, or
e: had their immediate families raped and village pillaged by Ashley
>>
>>5674820
E happened to me, but alot of it is reasons B and D. Only peon is A and C don't really even come to /toy/.
>>
>>5674813
He also did the cutscene art for the MGS comics and the PSP games.
>>
File: Curse 2 Spawn.jpg (178 KB, 1200x994) Image search: [Google]
Curse 2 Spawn.jpg
178 KB, 1200x994
>>5674820
>a toy you're not supposed to play with at all, and made that way. but still is called a 'toy'
But no one considers McStatues to be pretentious.

fuckdamn, why the hell did he have to make some of the most amazing figures ever mcstatueshit!?
>>
>>5674847
To be fair Mcfarlane toys were never sold to be art pieces, made in 1/6 scale or anywhere near the exclusive price as 3A toys are.

Though i'm not saying Mcfarlane didn't produce some fucking gorgeous art in its heyday.
>>
>>5674839
I absolutely love his Metal Gear Solid comic. It's awe-inspiring how he juggles fully-rendered painterly scenes for slow moments and sketchy, energetic, minimally-coloured line drawings for action scenes.
>>
>>5674820
B and D would apply to me if I cared enough.
Last interesting thing he did was the Kartel stuff and the MGS Rex. Everything else makes him look like that guy who wanted to have a hand in Gorillaz but was told to fuck off because even Blurguy had better ideas for it.
>>
>>5674705
Kek.
>>
>>5674691
I play with them.
>>
File: mgs_peace_walker___paz_and_kaz.jpg (222 KB, 1181x676) Image search: [Google]
mgs_peace_walker___paz_and_kaz.jpg
222 KB, 1181x676
>>5674839
and basically fuck up metal gear as much as he could.
PW had him working with Yoji so he couldnt fuck anything else up
>>
>>5674691
I can't remember what it was called but could someone source the figure in pic-related?
>>
File: caesar.jpg (333 KB, 800x1132) Image search: [Google]
caesar.jpg
333 KB, 800x1132
>>5685272
Caesar
>>
so why do people hate this robots?

They look cool, I'd buy one or two.
>>
>>5688020
Shitposting, price, and availability seem to be the biggest reasons.
>>
>>5688124
they don't look that bad but jeez man, I just checked them on amazon and they are over 80 bucks.
>>
>>5688133
They're pretty big and have articulated fingers and shit. The newer releases are overpriced as fuck but most of the robots are worth the secondary market price.
>>
File: DeadpoolArmor_001.jpg (200 KB, 697x720) Image search: [Google]
DeadpoolArmor_001.jpg
200 KB, 697x720
>leaving out the most pretentious one of all
Unforgivable
>>
>>5674820
I feel like price to quality is about what you get with anime figures.

In fact, I'd say this is better price:quality than stuff like PAK or even figmas lately. Spent decent money on the tsugomori figma and that thing is hot garbage.
>>
>>5688475
Looks like one of those crappy star wars armored knock offs. I'm calling bootleg
>>
>>5688475
Looks dumb but how is it pretentious?
>>
>>5688475
Why the fuck does Deadpool need armor?
>>
>>5674691
That's Wood? I always envisioned him as a much angrier Not Toy Photography.
>>
>>5691184
What does he have to be angry about, he's not the one buying this shit.
>>
>>5674691
I thought he'd be some skinny hipster fuck with ridiculous hair.
>>
File: judge death.jpg (338 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
judge death.jpg
338 KB, 800x1200
>>5691104
>I feel like price to quality is about what you get with anime figures.
But most anime figures are pretty much only $30 quality toys.

3a stuff is hipstershit and you're pretty much paying for "art work" and the limited amount of figures being made. In that respect, they're overpriced like anime figures.
I guess with licensed figures like this, you're getting a fair price.
>>
>>5692153
The 1/12 Judge Death looks amazing but they phoned it in when designing the dark judge body so the joints pop out a lot.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.