[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Transformers 3rd party general: worst figure edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 100
File: unarmed.png (1 MB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
unarmed.png
1 MB, 1000x750
old thread >>5662553
>>
>Freedom to make whatever toy robot you can
>Make a non--functional Sunstreaker
rip
>>
>>5670499
>>5670506
My knowledge is limited.

What specifically is wrong with this particular not!SunStreaker?
>>
>>5670514
see
>>5669006
>>
>>5670514
>>5669006
>>
File: Omnigox.jpg (155 KB, 1000x1154) Image search: [Google]
Omnigox.jpg
155 KB, 1000x1154
>>5670499

I feel sorry for the retailers stocking this thing. It's literally a waste of space and money. They'd be lucky to get $10 apiece for that hunk of shit.

Here, have some fresh OC thats as halfassed as that toy.
>>
File: TFW.png (104 KB, 1305x592) Image search: [Google]
TFW.png
104 KB, 1305x592
No people literally ran the guy off with pitchforks and torches.
>>
>>5670535
meh, if people are still dumb enough to pay $50 for Sonicron, they'll pay it for this thing.

Keep in mind that the only way to be a worse product than Sonicron would be to have a needle inject you with pure HIV when you touch it.
>>
>>5670540

Why would they do that?
>>
>>5670541
because somehow, despite 99.99% of Sonicron owners saying the toy was garbage, people are still unaware of how bad it is and think it's such a great update to G1 Soundwave.
>>
>>5670541
Either curiosity
>it can't be THAT bad
Or people are just plain dumb like >>5670540 said.
>>
This is my favorite failure.
>>
>>5670548
forgive me for not knowing, but what was wrong with sonicron? is there a good video showimg why its shit?
>>
>>5670674
type in "BTS Sonicron" on Youtube and you'll find 20+ videos. It was universally hated for having floppy limbs and being prone to stress marks. The big problem was that BTS had only made some simpler add-on stuff before and had no idea how to make a proper transforming robot. They sort of promised to fix things with the Soundblaster repaint, but the company folded before it got out.

I only got mine despite knowing how bad it was because I was offered it for $15 shipped. Even after numerous hours working on tightening joints so it'd stand, it was still a waste of money.
>>
Where the fuck can I buy this glorious nigga?
>>
>>5670539
As trivial as it is, I'm more bothered by the fact that the quoted guy talks as if he's still in fucking 2006.
>>
Not even sure which version I want. Plus there's supposed to be a rusted one accurate to the movie in the works too.
>>
Also there's a fixed up Hound.
>>
>>
>>5670514
The front fell off.
>>
>>5670548
I think it's because the design (though taken from the comics) is really good and makes a lot of sense as a modern Soundwave update.
>>
>>5670514

The quallity control is on the level of a dollar store knockoff.

>>5670716

Uh. eBay has them for a hundred bucks.

Worth every last penny.

>>5670724

Nice toy, but every time I would look at it I could be reminded of that movie and of the Bay.

>>5670734

Would you say it is less well-constructed than other Sunstreaker versions?
>>
>>5670719

...When did 'Made in China' start to mean 'rad as fuck'?
>>
>>5670539
Being somewhat new to 3P collecting, I decided to read the TFW thread on Kronos. It's the most hilariously pathetic thing I've seen in a while.

>it's been delayed for months
>BUT HE'S JUST TRYING TO MAKE SURE THE QC IS ALRIGHT
>the transformation involves removing a third of the altmode and revealing a pile of ugly screws
>BUT PEOPLE ACCEPTED IT ON WARDEN AND THAT MAKES IT OKAY
>the design work looks really shonky, the transformation involves these bar things that look like they'll break at any moment
>BUT IT'S MADE BY THE GUY WHO MADE QUAKEWAVE
>no it's not
>SHUT UP
>the altmode is missing landing gear
>YOU'RE JUST NITPICKING
>okay, it finally showed up and it sucked
>LIAR
>the paint is barely there and it's still splotchy in every place it's been applied
>THAT CAN BE FIXED
>every single piece has mold flash
>JUST GET A CRAFT KNIFE AND SHAVE IT OFF
>all the joints are loose
>JUST GET A SCREWDRIVER AND SCREW IT ALL IN
>I tried transforming the legs and they got stuck
>PULL A LITTLE HARDER, YOU BABY
>the legs are now broken
>GET REPLACEMENT PARTS
>some of the pins and ratchet joints on mine were missing entirely
>I MADE A FIXED RATCHET JOINT OUT OF GLUE AND AN OLD CREDIT CARD
>the entire figure is covered in a strange splotchy substance
>PAINT IT WHITE
>it can barely stand
>GET A STAND
>a lot of its parts don't lock together
>BUT LOOK HOW BIG IT IS
>it's almost completely hollow
>BUT IT WAS ONLY 160 DOLLARS AND IT'S PERFECT IF YOU TAKE EIGHTEEN HOURS AND ARE AN EXPERT AT CUSTOMIZATION
>160 dollars is kind of high
>BUT HE LOOKS PERFECT ON THE MASTERPIECE SHELF
>but it can't do anything besides stand on the MP shelf
>SHUT UP I BET YOU DIDN'T EVEN BUY ONE, I BET YOU OWN SCORIA, JUST WAIT FOR ARAFAT TO SHOW UP AND HE'LL FIX EVERYTHING
>he hasn't made a post in six months or even updated Facebook
>WELL MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE OF PEOPLE WHO KEEP BITCHING ABOUT IT LIKE YOU, YOU RUIN THIS FANDOM, YOU CHASED OUT A WONDERFUL CREATIVE INDIVIDUAL
>>
>>5671075
Are we reading the same thread? There were hardly any positive posts about Kronos, I remember it ended up getting so bad the dudes wife got doxed lol.
>>
Ohh... THAT thing.

I remember thinking I liked it the first time I saw it I was happy to see a figure that was cartoon-accurate.

And then I noticed he had no landing gear and kind of lost interest.

On which subject: if you had to name the ten BEST third-party Transformers, what would they be?
>>
File: yellowgiant.jpg (50 KB, 364x550) Image search: [Google]
yellowgiant.jpg
50 KB, 364x550
I'm planning to get Maketoys Yellow Giant.
How viable is it from getting it directly from Maketoy's website?
I usually buy most of my 3p from BBTS/TFSource
I live in Toronto, Canada btw
>>
>>5671085
>ten
>third party figures
I wish I could affford THAT many
>>
>>5671114
This is clearly made for me, I've always wanted a not-puke green devastator
>>
>>5671137
>puke green
glad I'm not the only one
desu I'd rather have him in orange but beggars can't be choosers I guess
>>
>>5671139
Orange would be good, I think yellow is a bit hard on the eyes.
>>
>>5670499
>can't design for shit
>release one of the worst 3P figures ever
>"it's everyone fault but mine"
>to the people that that had it in for this design from the get go - I don't give two shits what you think about the design. I think it looks awesome - and he DOES look freaking cool standing next to the other MPs. Most of you arm-chair-designers wouldn't know the first thing about designing a complicated figure like this. You talk a lot of shit. So stick that in your exhaust and smoke it.

Gotta love giving money to people like this.
>>
>>5671115

Well, you don't have to OWN them... then again, I suppose you'd have to to be able to say how good they are.

Do I have ten?

...Eight that come to mind...
>>
>>5671176
He should have tried making a One-step changer scale Sunstreaker
>>
File: 1431898413323.jpg (37 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1431898413323.jpg
37 KB, 420x420
>>5671176

>My baby was amended and adjusted without my consent or approval.
>That is fine for some manufacturing issues - but not for things I would say were fundamental to the design. After I finished the design there was radio silence for many months. Even *I* thought the project was dead
>>
>>5671114
I live in Canada too and I got Nemesis from their store, didn't get dinged for customs. Though with a box as big as Giant's you may not be lucky.
>>
File: unused_ahm_soundwave.jpg (77 KB, 600x478) Image search: [Google]
unused_ahm_soundwave.jpg
77 KB, 600x478
>>5670838
I really wish someone competent would take a crack at the design
>>
>>5671206
Holy shit dat damage control.
>>
>>5670674
Biggest problem is that it's really floppy with poor tolerances.
>>
So, apparently, Make Toys is working on a Super Ginrai (that Cross Dimension project)
Hope it turns out good.
>>
>>5671243
really nice, clean robot mode.
>>
>>5671256
they look like Brave designs
>>
>>5671260
optimus looks cool, megatron has some weird'ass proprotions though
>>
>>5671261
>>
>>5671218
>Though with a box as big as Giant's you may not be lucky.
BBTS then
at least they won't be so picky with their own next door neighbors right?
>>
File: gundamtrion.gif (1 MB, 280x158) Image search: [Google]
gundamtrion.gif
1 MB, 280x158
>>5671258
>look like Brave designs
that ain't necessarily a bad thing
>>
>>5671265
apologies if it seemed i implied it was bad, Brave designs rock!
>>
File: 1409094453864.jpg (90 KB, 615x593) Image search: [Google]
1409094453864.jpg
90 KB, 615x593
>>5671263
>>
>>5671269
yeah it's designed by the same company, Takara, anyways.
it's a damn shame Brave series never really took off like Transformers.
That would've freed Takara from getting swayed willynilly by Hasbro with the direction of the transforming robot contents.
>>
File: 2792.jpg (76 KB, 700x619) Image search: [Google]
2792.jpg
76 KB, 700x619
>>5671273
i think Tomy is to blame here.

Before Takara merged with Tomy, they were making alot of non-transformers robot toys, including a Brave reissue line. After the merger, all Brave and Microman products were removed.

the brave reissue line only had four releases, too! with the last one being a hard to find exclusive

another line they stopped was Hybrid Style Transformers, with just two releases
>>
>>5671085
>On which subject: if you had to name the ten BEST third-party Transformers, what would they be?
FT Perceptor and BadCube Warpath are great. I like Warbotron's Swindle and Brawl is on my buy list.
>>
File: IMG_2037.jpg (670 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2037.jpg
670 KB, 3264x2448
>>5671289
>BadCube Warpath
glad someone else likes him, he's very imposing!

i'll never attempt his transformation again though, takes too long
>>
>>5671283
I'd blow a hundred cocks for a Brave Legends Goldran
>>
>>5671269
Brave designs are indeed awesome.

>>5671273
>>5671283
There is SOC Gaogaigar, but who knows when Bandai will make another Brave toy.

I wish some of the 3rd party companies would give more Brave homages. All we've gotten so far are KFC's Captain Shark and maybe that Shadowmaru remold of Hexatron, if MMC ever decide to release it.
>>
>>5671293
>utorrent
I hope that's an old version.
>>
File: 1419141797341.jpg (139 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
1419141797341.jpg
139 KB, 533x800
>Wake up
>Carnifex isn't out yet
>GT's Long Haul & Hook aren't out yet
>Go back to sleep
>>
>>5671304
>All we've gotten so far are KFC's Captain Shark and maybe that Shadowmaru remold of Hexatron, if MMC ever decide to release it.

even then those toys really dont do the original designs justice, what with both being designed by Cassy Sark. I dont like to be picky, but its the truth..

>>5671308
>I hope that's an old version.
i got version 2.2.1 is that good or bad?
>>
>>5671314
>2.2.1
I think anything before 3 is good.
>>
File: boldformsGla.jpg (316 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
boldformsGla.jpg
316 KB, 600x900
so is gladius not happening? any new info?
>>
>>5671314
I sort of agree. I have Hexatron and I think he makes a fine Sixshot, but I don't think the toy would make a good Shadowmaru, since the Brave design was sleeker and more stylized.

It's a shame. I love Braves almost as much as TFs and wish we could see some of their designs in toys with modern articulation.
>>
File: fuelprovider.jpg (111 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
fuelprovider.jpg
111 KB, 1000x750
>>5671085
Unique Toy's Fuel Provider. It's a leader-class triple changer that can fit in nicely with masterpiece or CHUG/CHUGsterpiece [stuff like DX9 Carry], is ridiculously solid and sturdy, and looks great in all modes, not to mention the intuitive, engaging, yet uncomplicated transformations. Seriously, I can't even be bothered to pick another 9, this guy is such a solid unit its astounding. I'd recommend him to anyone, easily the best £80 I've ever spent.
>>
File: tumblr_mgvlr8ecOw1ra5emyo2_1280.png (674 KB, 639x1004) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mgvlr8ecOw1ra5emyo2_1280.png
674 KB, 639x1004
>>5671337
exactly, despite being a retool of him, Shadowmaru is waay different than Sixshot

would be really cool if they made a Super robot chogokin of Shadowmaru in a style similar to SRC Volfogg,
>>
File: Unique-Toys-Sworder-01.jpg (53 KB, 816x960) Image search: [Google]
Unique-Toys-Sworder-01.jpg
53 KB, 816x960
>>5671338
i dont think he can fit with Masterpiece cause he doesnt look like the cartoon, but he seems like a nice toy

how did Unique Toys drop the ball so hard with Sworder?

When did Sandstorm even have a sword anyway???
>>
File: fuelprovidercomparison.png (707 KB, 1171x653) Image search: [Google]
fuelprovidercomparison.png
707 KB, 1171x653
>>5671351
He looks cartoon-accurate enough for me, though he doesn't share the screen-accurate transformation much and uses a fake roof chest. In the alt modes he remains fairly on-point with some liberties, my only complaint being the fact the roof doesn't look like the fake-roof chest used, and could stand to be more cartoon-accurate, but its not that much of a pain for me at least.

As for Sworder, I think they probably just half-assed it and got high as fuck for the last few hours before a deadline they were supposed to meet, and at some point probably got him confused with Springer in the process. God fucking knows, but they messed it up bad.
>>
File: hummel.jpg (87 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
hummel.jpg
87 KB, 960x540
>>5671256
>>5671258
>>5671260

.... huh. The only way I they're gonna hook me on this line is if they can actually keep up with a speedy release schedule.
>>
>>5671283
If it's thanks to Tomy's inability to acquire animation rights for brave series from Sunrise then I guess it's indeed "onore Tomy"

And as of now Sunrise is fully Bandai company.

The reason why neither takaratomy and bandai is enthusiastic about milking the brave cashcow is that you need both the rights to the toy mold AND the animation rights to in order to do anything with the series.
>>
>>5671397
did Bandai get TakTom's permission for the SRC and SOC Brave toys? or was it just Sunrise's connection?
>>
>>5671406
They dont need takaratomy's permission because they made an entirely new mold for the toy.
>>
>>5671264
Everything I've ever ordered from BBTS got dinged at customs except for Quantron replacement parts. Ages 3 and Up is your best bet for not getting dinged. Or a BST from a canadian seller, I've had good luck with kijiji and cybertron.ca. Most kijiji sellers are willing to ship as well for big ticket items.
>>
>>5671258
Masterforce was basically a proto-Brave series show anyway, if not as much as Victory
Having a good Ginrai would almost be like finally getting a modernized Brave toy

Is Brave something 3P (other than Bandai) would ever touch? Given its relation to Transformers and the lack of actual good modern figures for the vast majority of characters, it could happen, and there's a definite market for it, even moreso now that pretty much every show has been fully subbed. I'd kill for an articulated, transformable Great Fighbird
>>
>>5671283
Takara seems to steadily be going back to doing more Transforming robot lines. They've ramped up the production of takara-oriignal molds, for one, both in regular lines, and in MPs. There's also things like that transforming bullet train, and the diaclone revival.

I think the unfortunate thing for takara is that they probably really, really want to do a Brave style series again. Look at TF Go!. Transformers doesn't seem to do that well in Japan outside MPs, and a Brave style series would probably do better in Japan than recent TF series. I just think most of their recourses are taken up by doing hasbro's stuff, and of course they probably don't want to compete with their own lines.
>>
>>5671176
>I trust not everyone in the fandom is a man-baby with the dexterity of a walrus. You can do this. I believe in you.

lol what a cunt
>>
They've ramped up the production of takara-oriignal molds
I dont see any new releases of brave masterpieces nor new gridman toys with all the gimmicks reproduced
>>
>>5671085
>if you had to name the ten BEST third-party Transformers, what would they be?

Hexatron somewhere near the, if not the, top of the list.

I'd probably count combiners as one figure, so throw Feral Rex on there as well.

Definitely Iron Factory stuff would be on there, probably their Ultra Magnus.
>>
>>5671083
I'd say it was about sixty percent people who were insisting the figure was perfect while also mentioning that their copy was covered in pain smudges and mold flash, and forty percent sane individuals.
>>
>>5671511
>I dont see any new releases of brave masterpieces nor new gridman toys with all the gimmicks reproduced

License issues. They have no reason to do Gridman since that show ended decades ago. And the original point of this was the Brave line being a legal minefield.
>>
>>5671085
Can't speak for top ten, but I can highly recommend Planet X's Vulcan. It's a really solid, well built figure that's fun as fuck to pose, especially in T. Rex mode. There's a lot of play value to be had just having him interact with other figures. The legs can be a bit of a task to transform the first couple of times back and forth, but once you have the order of operations down it gets a lot easier.
>>
File: steelcore.jpg (493 KB, 800x1143) Image search: [Google]
steelcore.jpg
493 KB, 800x1143
>>5671085
I like Steel Core.
>>
>>5671563
I'd say it was even more than 60% There were a ton of people who thought he was well worth the price, but it was one of those situations where a handful of people lost their shit over it and kept posting non stop about how terrible it is making it look worse than it really was. That TCracker guy was definitely one of them >>5670539, it seemed like every other post was him complaining. I remember there was also a youtube reviewer who got pissed that he didn't' get an early sample to review so he started making up all sorts of crazy rumors about the toy before it was even released. Having a "trusted" source as well as constant negativity even if it was just from a handful of people, gave Kronos a much worse rep than it deserved. Definitely the craziest thread I've seen on TFW in a long time.
>>
>>5671085
Okay, honest question without getting into any other issues Kronos had, what's the big deal with not having a landing gear? I remember how people went on and on about that. He had so much kibble on the bottom, which was accurate to the toy/toon, than any landing gear would be impractically long. Plus practically every other 3rd party has taken larger artistic licenses than that with their figures. I just don't get why that was such a deal breaker for people.
>>
>>5671650
Mostly because it's intended as a Masterpiece. Look at the Masterpiece Seeker mold. It has flaps, swappable weapons, an opening cockpit, and a ton of other things it can do in jet mode alone. Being a Masterpiece is more than just being big; every part of the toy ought to feel fully-featured, altmode included. Even comparatively bland characters like Prowl at least managed a goofy roof rifle mode.

Meanwhile, the only think Kronos's altmode can do is sit there and be an ugly lump. The least it could do was sit there and be an ugly lump on wheels so that it looks ready for takeoff.
>>
>>5671673
Except the robot mode on both seeker molds suffers because of that. That's a pretty big double standard there since there's no official or 3rd party "masterpiece" figure that doesn't have some sort of compromise to its design.
>>
>>5671673
Buy a flight stand so it looks like its in flight. That's a lot less boring than leaving it sitting there in jet mode doing nothing.
>>
>>5671085
In no particular order
BC Brawny
BC Sunsurge
FP Code
FP Smart Robin
FP Warcry
FT Sever
FT Stomp
FT Tesla
MMC Sphinx
MT Giant Type-61
>>
>>5671609
It's not a 3rd party TF. It's a 1st party non TF figure.
>>
I have 120 dollars to blow. What 3rd party transformer do I buy?
>>
>>5671712
This
As much as i would love to support 3rd party companies do their own thing, steel core is just a generic brestforce/godmaster figure
>>
>>5671730
Save about $60-80 more and get Carnifex.
>>
>>5671730
FP Steel core
>>
File: 1456295539122.jpg (602 KB, 720x1436) Image search: [Google]
1456295539122.jpg
602 KB, 720x1436
IIRC Kronos had plastic issues and tolerance problems, on top of parts forming and Q/C issues out the wazoo. At least it looks the part and is huge, but it certainly wasn't worth the money.

I also always get it confused with Mechaform's skyguardian, who is somehow twice as bad. I can never get over the headsculpt and this fucking nonsense transformation. Just look at this shit flopping everywhere on the oddest fucking mechanisms and accomplishing an asymmetric jet mode with robot arms and hands hanging off the back, front, and bottom. But hey, at least it doesn't parts form and has landing gear!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okCYRTRl0ZY
>>
>>5671745

He won't be out until fall though.
>>
>>5671774
And think how happy you'll be come fall.
>>
>>5671311
>Wake up
>Carnifex isn't out yet

Its going to be a while. He's not even up for pre-order yet.
>>
>>5671778

Aye. I'll have 200 dollars again for him by then though.

The point was that I could buy something now.
>>
>>5671730

Find a Hexatron, or save for a Carnifex.
>>
>>5671782
Oh. Well why not get a few Iron Factory guys? They're all pretty great and loads of fun, unless you prefer a larger figure?
>>
>Instead of taking the artistic liberty and going full nemesis prime tier teal secondary color they decided to make commotus SOLID FUCKING BLACK AS NIGHT

Why.
>>
>>5671810

Honestly he just needed more blue linework.

Best altmode though, based Metal Slug.
>>
>>5671816

I would have been fine with minimalist teal. But what he is looks unfinished.
>>
>>5671810
For me. I only wish he had red instead of teal for his minimal paint apps for full edgehog.
>>
File: 250px-Turmoil_MainPic.jpg (25 KB, 250x309) Image search: [Google]
250px-Turmoil_MainPic.jpg
25 KB, 250x309
>>5671810
Taking artistic liberty is the kind of shit most people complain about most in third party stuff. I get that he looks a bit boring, but that's what Turmoil looks like for better or worse. I don't personally mind new takes on characters (I thought the FP ninja Insecticons were cool as shit) but most people (and the loudest people) want accuracy to the source material above all else.

Personally, I'd have liked him to have been a slightly lighter color, with a slight grey-brownish hue rather than pure dark. It makes him a little more comic accurate, but also makes him a bit less boring, in my own opinion.
>>
>>5671897
>Taking artistic liberty is the kind of shit most people complain about most in third party stuff
I remember people used to complain about MMC and their greebles, but I keep seeing Hexatron praised to high heaven now

I think the claims for accuracy aren't as loud as they used to be. No one's bitching about Carnifex not including Godmasters. Hell, there even seem to be only a few who care that HasTak's Fort Max doesn't have the Master Sword
>>
>>5671958
I can argee with you in part. I think the loudest accuracy-needing people have moved on to MP stuff mostly. If you look at threads comparing something like the MP Infernos, you see that high level of pedantry.

The third party "CHUG" toys are a little more free now, I think.

Although I think I have to disagree with you on Carnifex. I think the reason people give his lack of Godmasters a pass is because he's very clearly styled after IDW Overlord, who doesn't have them. If this were a Masterforce-styled one and lacked them, people would be more vocal about it.
>>
File: 1429426678822.jpg (88 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1429426678822.jpg
88 KB, 1024x768
>>5671958

Eh it depends. There were shitstorms over Tarn a while back when we got that Cassy render for some other project he was shopping around. People when apeshit because it was a complete 180 from the faithful Griffith designed DJD so far. Also it could have been because it looked like complete fucking shit in the first place. I think the grand majority of accuracy bitching has moved on to the MP stand ins where the characters are trying to look faithful.

In many cases people don't care about the liberties taken so long as it looks cool. Generation Toy is getting away with their Contructicon robot modes, probably because releases like Navvy and Bulldozer are neat and dynamic in their own right. Carnifex has a few design and color liberties that work in its favor, like the combined jet mode. Turmoil was stretch of a remold but turns into a metal slug tank so that's fucking cool. Maketoys and Fansproject always tend to get a pass since they always do something different with their designs. People are excited for this Cross Dimension thing going on with MT for example.

I don't get the recent resurgence for Hexatron love though. It's solid as fuck and well made, but the alt modes and detailing are eyesores.
>>
>>5671958
>I remember people used to complain about MMC and their greebles, but I keep seeing Hexatron praised to high heaven now

Probably because Hexatron turned out fucking incredible. You can have a good amount of detail without things looking bad, the problem if some designers don't know when to stop.

Hexatron has about the right amount for something of his size.
>>
>>5671981
>Turmoil was stretch of a remold but turns into a metal slug tank so that's fucking cool.

Turmoil's only real problem is they were too accurate to his color scheme. Which is black. Just...Black.

He looks alright in the comics because he has glowing shit on/around him. In real life, not so much. He's still good looking, but don't put him on a dark shelf or poorly lit room because he will fucking disappear.

I want to get him and Kaon though, they're both very nice looking, but I also think Turmoil could use a bit more light blue linework.
>>
>>5671986
My problem with Hexatron's greeble isn't that it's too much, its that its all slits and vents.
>>
File: the gangs all here.jpg (45 KB, 440x330) Image search: [Google]
the gangs all here.jpg
45 KB, 440x330
>>
File: disgusting.png (281 KB, 518x604) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.png
281 KB, 518x604
>>5671981
>finger claws
>teeny arms
>square face
>curved kneepads
>collapsed chest
>no toesies
>>
>>5672122
>Talking shit about MMC
Way to go retard.
>>
File: height comp.jpg (214 KB, 928x655) Image search: [Google]
height comp.jpg
214 KB, 928x655
>>5672138
Oh, MMC's my favorite company. In fact, they're coming out with a Tarn that looks pretty great. You might've seen it last thread.
>>
>>5671981
>>5672150
Wow, I didn't really outright hate the original MMC Tarn when I first saw it, but seeing the old and new one side by side like this really shows how much it improved.
>>
>>5672153

That was never their Tarn. It was some render Cassy was throwing around that had remold potential for a lot of characters. Cassy ended up sharing that particular one and since he's primarily associated with MMC everyone shit bricks that it was going to be the Tarn they were coming out with. It was the same for his wonky looking Cybertronian Lugnut. Meanwhile their in house engineer Griffith has been the guy designing the whole of the DJD for them and the first renders for that weren't shared for a while.
>>
>>5672187
That explains a fair bit, not just about the toy's look, but the circumstances of those early pictures getting out.
>>
>>5672187

Griffith is a god send. He's usually the one to save Sarks fuckups. I have a friend who works for MMC and they said that the original Vos was a disaster. Very bulky and nothing like the comic art. Carnifex too. The original torso was really stumpy while the limbs were really long. Super stylized too. What I wouldn't give to see those original designs.
>>
File: MuhDiiiiiiick.gif (2 MB, 400x304) Image search: [Google]
MuhDiiiiiiick.gif
2 MB, 400x304
>>5672203
>I have a friend who works for MMC

Tell them to hurry that fucking Carnifex along. I'm literally going to die from a priapism and third degree blueballs over here.
>>
>>5672213
Don't listen to this impatient fucker, tell them to take their time and ensure its a good quality figure.
>>
>>5672187
>Griffith
The IDW guy, or some guy who happens to share the same name?
>>
>>5672286
>some guy who happens to share the same name
that one

i think there's actually two 3P companies with a guy called Griffith. MMC and some other company i cant remember right now.. i think Unique Toys or Fanstoys?
>>
File: img116_1343507406.jpg (93 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
img116_1343507406.jpg
93 KB, 800x600
>>5672203
>Griffith is a god send

this.
not only did he fix Feral Rex from Cassy's original design, he also went on an interview, saying he wished he'd done a better job on it.
>>
File: 4b.jpg (509 KB, 1342x971) Image search: [Google]
4b.jpg
509 KB, 1342x971
>>5672339
See, the Predaking Griffith wanted to make was the Studio Ox one (Pic related, its the same design used by Unique Toys and Garatron Predaking), but stylistic differences between him and Cassy caused the final Feral Rex to be made
>>
>>5672150
I love how sad Tarn looks in that pic, it's like he knows he sucks next to Carnifex.
>>
>>5672362

I think Tarn looks pretty good, but yeah Overlord outclasses the fuck out of him.

Then again Tarn's probably going to be in the $85 bracket like the rest, and Overlord's going to be 2x that or more.
>>
>>5672393
Oh for sure, the picture was just amusing. I'm getting both anyway but yeah Overlord looks so amazing.
>>
>>5672332
Never knew Griffith was such a common name, so I was a bit confused.

Sorry for the dumb question.
>>
File: GRIFFITH.jpg (520 KB, 1479x1100) Image search: [Google]
GRIFFITH.jpg
520 KB, 1479x1100
>>5672187
>>5672286
>>5672332
>>5672418
>>
>>5671687
Yes, but with Kronos, everything felt compromised. The transformation's a mess, there's no play value apart from the articulation, the accessories are one gun. Again, look at Maketoys Hound or MMC Mirage - they do a hell of a lot more than just check the boxes of "fit in size chart, look like cartoon."
>>
File: P1040064.jpg (3 MB, 3584x2016) Image search: [Google]
P1040064.jpg
3 MB, 3584x2016
>>5671085
I recently got the X-Transbots Andras, it's one amazing figure. Everything on him feels perfect. The feet are a bit fucky, but once you understand them they are no problem at all.
>>
File: Despotron.jpg (55 KB, 629x1024) Image search: [Google]
Despotron.jpg
55 KB, 629x1024
Anyone know how Maketoys version of an MP Megatron is coming along? I saw the promo images of robot and gun mode, but nothing more for quite a damn while. I would have thought something would have been shown or leaked from one of the recent toy fair things.
>>
File: Liger.jpg (61 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
Liger.jpg
61 KB, 640x960
This guy is going to look perfect with Exhaust.

After that I just need FT make a Magnificus from Tesla and FT or MT to make Detritus from their Hounds.
>>
>>5672599
>Detritus from their Hounds.
I will buy the first mold that does this, then buy the other companies mold for Hound.
>>
>>5672502
Damn that looks sweet.
>>
MakeToys posted this on their Facebook account earlier today in case you missed it. Funnily enough, the AR code shown in the video actually works if you use it with the Maketoys app. Gives you a nice look at the figure's model so you can get a better idea of what to expect. https://youtu.be/t4ajdBdw2_w
>>
File: 1391924814278.jpg (111 KB, 464x718) Image search: [Google]
1391924814278.jpg
111 KB, 464x718
>>5672735
>third party apps and AR
For what purpose?
>>
File: 1457137062982.gif (1 MB, 263x200) Image search: [Google]
1457137062982.gif
1 MB, 263x200
Bobby's review of spinout it up! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE2yjFPIufs
>>
>>5672900
ohboyohboyohboy
>>
File: for axes.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
for axes.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>5671071
when Hasbro became too lazy for their worsening movie lines
>>
>>5672900
I thought this guy's verdict was pretty harsh given that experienced almost none of the problems from the other guy's review. Boo hoo, the head is floppy. Tracks and RoadRage have the same problem. Did Hammerman rate them as $20 purchases too? Very poor review.
>>
>>5672928
No paint chippinng, no feet falling off, no wheels falling off, no splitting forearms, no Luigi legs. Sure, he still rated it bad, but hardly told you why. If you didn't watch another review that did, you might buy it anyway.
>>
>>5672928
This is Skullface the same guy who hated on MP Ironhide/Hotrod because they weren't cartoon accurate enough for him.
>>
>>5672928

Pull their heads up till it clicks. No wobble.
>>
File: 1402429779345.png (192 KB, 365x359) Image search: [Google]
1402429779345.png
192 KB, 365x359
>>5672928
>>5672933
>>5672947

Back to TFW with (you).
>>
>>5672599
>Magnificus from Tesla

no interest in Perceptor, but I'd totally buy that, day one.

Him, Exhaust, and Liger would look cool as a gang
>>
File: sexyness.jpg (63 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
sexyness.jpg
63 KB, 960x720
>>
File: UncontrollableInfatuation.gif (208 KB, 312x322) Image search: [Google]
UncontrollableInfatuation.gif
208 KB, 312x322
>>5673076
>>
I really really really like the face sculpts on Carnifex and I like a lot of other things too but something about those long arms with the black forearms looks wrong to me.

I mean I'm probably not getting it regardless just cause I mostly collect legends anymore and I don't necessarily feel like I need a huge Overlord when there's not really a specific place in my collection for him and I already have an Overlord in the primary scale I collect...but I kind of want it anyway...but then I look at those arms and I'm not sure what's up with them.

The Strika figure though I like so much and it will probably be in a way lower price range that I'm definitely gonna buy that one even though it doesn't really go with other stuff on my shelves. Another really perfect headsculpt.
>>
Carnifex just went up at BBTS. $184.99

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MMC10043&mode=retail&utm_source=Marketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Marketing&utm_content=
>>
>>5673197
>notably under $200
>July
...Is it really coming out that quick?
>>
>>5673188
>but something about those long arms with the black forearms looks wrong to me

The black forearms are off a bit, yeah. It's probably due to the transformation I'm guessing, unless they do a last minute change to ensure only the fists are black. But the arm length is right for a big dude like that. Go look at some comic book art, lots of heroes arms go well into their thighs like Carnifex's.

>>5673201

I hope so. Also I wouldn't call $15 "notably under" $200. $15 isn't making or breaking anything once you're climbing into the "hundreds of dollars" range, at least for me.
>>
>>5673204

Yeah they might only look like a weird length because of the black. I've always been fine with MP10s arms that a lot of people think look too long, so it's probably just how the colors are broken up.
>>
>>5673076
Oh Primus.
>>
>>5673076
Star Saber looks so boring next to him.
>>
>>5671071
when china started to get good at manufacturing (so recently I guess).
>>
>>5673204
The arms aren't the problem. The problem is the pauldrons not coming down enough. It makes it look like he has freakishly long biceps.
>>
File: 123123123.jpg (48 KB, 640x966) Image search: [Google]
123123123.jpg
48 KB, 640x966
Can I really expect this to drop this june?
>>
>>5672502
No news since that pic.
>>
>>5672928
Omnigonix pls go
>>
>>5673201
It's MMC, if it's announced for July, it'll be released in 2017. Price is good too. If BBTS has it for 185, I guess the real price is gonna be like 150.
>>
File: Grey.jpg (177 KB, 1573x1920) Image search: [Google]
Grey.jpg
177 KB, 1573x1920
>Unpopular opinions

This guy is superior to Chighur.
>>
>>5673337

That paint looks fucking awful what company made that?
>>
>>5673201
>...Is it really coming out that quick?

Friend said no promises but they are really hoping to hit that date. Probably will be August or September, but who knows.

They're apparently also still undecided on leaving the arms black or make them white. All comes down to the jet mode.
>>
File: Toyworld Devila star.jpg (180 KB, 740x1024) Image search: [Google]
Toyworld Devila star.jpg
180 KB, 740x1024
>>5673340
>>
>>5673327
It's 185 on tfsource
>>
>>5673345

Huh, looks fine in that pic, and the couple Toyworld things I've got have had perfectly fine paint.
>>
>>5673361

The first pic I sent you was a JUST tier custom paintjob. I wasn't paying attention when I saved it.
>>
>>5673356
TheChosenPrime has it for 185, too, so I'm guessing that that's just the price.
>>
If I was gonna get Carnifex what figures would be good to go with him (besides Hexatron which I had and eventually sold and don't intend to repurchase even though it was a good figure)

Off the top of my head there's Generations Springer (which I have) and MMC Spartan
>>
>>5673376

Go with him how, Anon? Like, storyline-wise, or something? Because most figs could go with him.
>>
>>5673376

Astrotrain of some sort. Chigurh or Devila Star.
>>
>>5673385

I guess I just mean since Carnifex is a really good representation of Overlord's IDW self in a particular scale, what other figures in that scale are a good representation of IDW characters that interacted with Overlord. So yeah storyline-wise.
>>
File: phasessixersmotherfuckers.jpg (41 KB, 477x403) Image search: [Google]
phasessixersmotherfuckers.jpg
41 KB, 477x403
>>5673369
Yeah, I just pre-ordered with TCP.

I am looking foreword to him wrecking my Wreckers
>>
>>5673394
>in scale

Oh boy. Transformers and scale never mix well. I guess, uh...Legends Swerve or whoever made the 3P Swerve and Tailgate, maybe are in scale? Springer maybe is, dunno if any of the Roadbusters or Whirls are...
>>
>>5673356
>any american store
>real price
Try again.
>>
File: BrainProblems.png (22 KB, 623x371) Image search: [Google]
BrainProblems.png
22 KB, 623x371
>>5673466
>you can pay X from a store that imported it for you
>or you can import it for the exact same price once import fees are assessed

I'm not seeing a difference here.
>>
>>5673466
Isn't 185 on all the major sites?
>>
>>5673448
3P could make things better in scale than HasTak since they don't have retail price tier restrictions.
>>
>>5673481
Except that's wrong. It's cheaper to import plus not everyone lives in the USA.
>>5673490
No. American stores are always more expensive.
>>
>>5673610
>No. American stores are always more expensive.
Says who, your asshole?
>>
>>5673612
>Says who
Their prices. Not him but yeah, retailers always overcharge on imports.
>>
>>5673610
Not anyone here, but what exactly stores are you getting at?

I live in Canada, and the cheapest option for me is still $185 USD.
>>
Heres a stupid question, but can anyone with MMC's Kaon/Anarchus (whatever they call NotKaon) show how well/poorly he scales with figmas/revoltechs/etc. figures in chair mode?
>>
>>5672979
First guy did an excellent job of showing why it was crap. Skullface was too busy being edgy (hawhaw hulk smash). Guess that's why /toy/ is so butthurt when his shitty review was criticized.
>>
>>5673619
Try Lunar Toys. They have like $10 off everything compared to bbts or tfsource.
>>
>>5673724
wants their customer service policy like
>>
File: woodie.jpg (99 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
woodie.jpg
99 KB, 480x640
>>5673656
>>
File: robin.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
robin.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>5673767
>Kaon
>>
>>5673767
>>5673772
These are both great, we need more weird altmode guys like this.
>>
>>5673767
>>5673772

Damn, looks like he'll fit well with most 6" figures then (assuming thats what revo Woody is).

Totally going to have to buy Kaon next time I get some cash. And speaking of cash, I just noticed on BBTS that Carnifex's preorder now says September. Fuck.
>>
>>5673781
>I just noticed on BBTS that Carnifex's preorder now says September. Fuck.
Damn. I reserved one this morning and was so excited he'd be out that early. Guess it really was too good to be true.
>>
>>5673310
DX9 is pretty good at releasing stuff on time.
>>
>>5672502
>>5673323
I'm hoping we see something at TFcon.
>>
>>5673656
>>5673767
>>5673772

from MMC themselves..
>>
File: optithumbs.jpg (20 KB, 363x240) Image search: [Google]
optithumbs.jpg
20 KB, 363x240
>>5673197
woah, they actually kept their promise and kept it under 200 bucks!

Based MMC

>>5673327
>If BBTS has it for 185, I guess the real price is gonna be like 150.

it's honestly a really good price for a toy that big, considering Star Saber cost 130 bucks and he's the same size as Carnifax
>>
>>5673337
i like how the Fancy Cell one looks. very clean, cartoon accurate aesthetic. looks good with both MPs and Classics

i'd love it if they made a voyager Blitzwing
>>
>>5673863
>it's honestly a really good price for a toy that big, considering Star Saber cost 130 bucks and he's the same size as Carnifax
This. And BBTS at least has a really good replacement and return policy if there's anything wrong.
>>
What's the best reliable place to pre order? Carnifex looks awesome and I bought Hexatron awhile ago second hand.
>>
>>5673800

Maybe that the second run?
>>
>>5673886
Honestly, all the big retailers are pretty decent
>>
>>5673937

This. BBTS I think is a bit better than TF Source, but thats probably just personal bias.
>>
>>5673886
>>5673937
>>5673940
Also, it depends on where you are. BBTS and TFsource are quite good if you live in the US, but here in Canada, it's better for me to import from Asia as the added shipping more or less cancels out, plus I never get customs fees from overseas like I do from the US.
>>
>>5673947
What stores would you recommend, Canada-anon?

I was gonna use Ages Three and Up because of that $9 flat rate for Carnifex, but looking at their FAQ it might be too heavy to qualify.
>>
>>5673950
A3U is pretty good, but often seems to get items a bit late. Even if an item doesn't qualify for their flat shipping, it's still probably cheaper than US (particularly if customs are an issue).

You might want to consider an Asian seller like Robot Kingdom. Although the shipping will naturally be higher, the lower cost might make it work out (or at least be about the same). I recently got a bunch of the TFC Breastforce from them, and it was cheaper to go with RK over A3U.
>>
>>5673749
Ive never had an issue that needed it to be used. From reading it seems standard, and they emailed me back within 6 hours when I've had to ask questions. They are a small business out of NYC.
>>
>>5673950
I have been using planet steel express which is MMC's official retailer over A3U.

As international shipping ends up being cheaper than pay the flat rate + sale taxes at A3U. PSX also marks as gift if you ask.

Oh and PSX usually gets it in stock first, so you don't have to wait months like you do for A3U.
>>
>>5673188
That's what I've been thinking. It's just not the length of the arms, it's the slimness of them.
>>
>>5673993
I bet buying from PSX gives MMC more of a profit, as well. what with it being their main venue.
so if you wanna support their releases i'd use that
>>
>>5673993
The prices from PSX seem to be pretty much the same, so aside from A3U possibly getting their shit later there doesn't seem much of a difference.

Alternatively, wait and pick him up at Toronto TFCon 2017? Not sure how the 3P prices were like back when I went to the 2014 convention.
>>
>>5674068
It'll vary with the dollar. I know Cupola was sold last year at basically less than getting him in USD and converting. On the other hand, stuff might be a bit marked up too.
>>
File: conew_img_9316.jpg (66 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
conew_img_9316.jpg
66 KB, 800x533
>>5673886

Nearly all the online retailers are good. I prefer Captured Prey and The Chosen Prime after using BBTS and TFSource for the longest time. CP usually had the cheapest of anyone and The Chosen Prime has all the best benefits of the others but ships lightning fast/same day and tends to get things in sooner than others. All of them have had A+ customer service in my experience. Order stacking, ez cancel preorders, free shipping at $150, and reward points are almost universal now except a few holdouts.
>>
File: 1460472005076.png (46 KB, 651x436) Image search: [Google]
1460472005076.png
46 KB, 651x436
>>5674071
I guess I'll wait a bit then, as I'm not in a particular rush (or at least yet) to get my hands on him. See how the Canadian/Carnifex economy goes.

I'm only just getting into the 3P stuff more (only own three), so I can always buy something else. Thanks for the help m8
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-16-21-48-16.png (176 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-16-21-48-16.png
176 KB, 1080x1920
>2014
It was a great year to buy stuff at TFcon
I fucking hate our weakass canadian dollar
>>
>>5674089
>I'm only just getting into the 3P stuff more (only own three

I know the feeling Anon. I dipped my foot in with IF's Overlord. Then took a bit of a bigger splash with Hexatron.

Now I've got fucking Feral Rex sitting here on my shelf, want to nab Kaon and Turmoil, and can't wait for IF's PM Prime and Megs, and of course Carnifex.
>>
File: CloserYouFool.jpg (466 KB, 1473x1497) Image search: [Google]
CloserYouFool.jpg
466 KB, 1473x1497
Can't wait for Carnifex, so I can pair him with my mini-Overlord.

Too bad theres no tiny Sixshot so I can have him with my Hexatron. The original Sixshot's actually bigger than Hexatron in some ways.
>>
>>5674229
I need a tiny Sixshot and a tiny Tarn to go with Overlord. Iron Factory needs to get on that.
>>
File: tw dev.jpg (359 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
tw dev.jpg
359 KB, 1024x1365
I wish the visor was darker.
>>
File: 1440542893380.jpg (40 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1440542893380.jpg
40 KB, 512x512
>>5674229
>tiny Sixshot
>>5674231
>a tiny Sixshot

i want that
>>
File: fukken greebles.jpg (76 KB, 312x330) Image search: [Google]
fukken greebles.jpg
76 KB, 312x330
>>5673076
Those arms just don't took right to me. It's probably a result of this stupid ridge, which makes the arms at a glance look like CW Ultra Magnus with his arms not pushed up all the way.
>>
>>5674261
maybe you can push the shoulder pads down and it'll look better?

still, the black forearms do look out of place. reminds me of Feral Rex's forearms with Divebomb's gray talons sticking out
>>
>>5674269

You can turn the Divebomb torso around and still use the elbow ratchet though.

Only part of Predaking that bothers me is how they put the gun on the other side rather than the grey foot side. It doesn't matter much since hey, you just rotate Divebomb, but it's just a "Why?" moment for me.
>>
>>5674269
Those gray bits have never really bothered me. Like, I think they look just fine there.
>>
>>5674269
I hope Griffith gets to make his OX Predaking in the Ocular Max line someday. Feral Rex just doesn't do it for me.
>>
File: Catcall MMC Howlback.png (1 MB, 1200x706) Image search: [Google]
Catcall MMC Howlback.png
1 MB, 1200x706
>>5672599
>>5673005

You guys need to pick up this as well for your ehobby Decepticon crews.
>>
File: BcrzyrTCAAAtvxS.jpg (42 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
BcrzyrTCAAAtvxS.jpg
42 KB, 600x450
>>5674231
>Iron Factory needs to get on that.
>legends scale DJD
Muh dick....
>>
>>5674354
I kind of want to start pranking people by putting one of those in their tapedecks, but no one has tapedecks anymore.
>>
Iron Factory needs to hurry up and just make every character really.
>>
>>5674403
>Iron Factory needs to hurry up and just make every character really.

this guy gets it
>>
File: IF-Black-Shadow.jpg (114 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
IF-Black-Shadow.jpg
114 KB, 1000x750
>>5674400
>legends scale DJD

you know... making a legends Black Shadow -especially based on his universe design- is a bit random, dont you think?

maybe Iron Factory plan on doing the DJD so they can torture Black Shadow!
>>
>>5674403
the thing is, i love everything i see about IF, but they havent made a character I reaally want yet.

I'd love a Legends Sixshot, or a Slipstream retool of their Windblade
>>
>>5674422
this shit is so cool
ankle rockers just sweeten the deal
>>
>>5674427
BlackWidow?
>>
File: UQT10001.jpg (30 KB, 752x564) Image search: [Google]
UQT10001.jpg
30 KB, 752x564
>>5670499
War Rhino is on a one day sale at BBTS, 50% off

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=UQT10001&mode=retail
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>5674448
these guys are like, the same price as the MMC ones, yet are half as tall?

odd
>>
File: 1400650087484.jpg (198 KB, 850x478) Image search: [Google]
1400650087484.jpg
198 KB, 850x478
>>5674400
>>legends scale DJD
Holy fuck nuggets how do we tell them we want this? Is there a way to ask them? I will fucking preorder them right now.
>>
>>5674448
Actually, ALL of them seem to be on clearance!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=UQT10000&mode=retail

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=UQT10003&mode=retail

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=UQT10002&mode=retail

Except Razorclaw..
>>
>>5674455

Probably because they hold up like shit. The MMC Predaking is the only one without some fatal flaw so far.
>>
>>5674453

I'm hoping they go that direction. Their stuff is more based on IDW than it is on anything else so I hope they really keep that up and at least give us stuff like MTMTE Rodimus and RID Bumblebee which seem like obvious things to do, but also maybe stuff like a DJD set similar to their Dinobots set, or a Chromedome/Rewind pack and a Cyclonus/Tailgate pack with the little guys being around the size of like the Perfect Effect Reflector bots.
>>
>>5674509
>DJD set similar to their Dinobots set
aww, i would hate that. I'd only want Tarn
>>
>>5674400
Legends would be great for the DJD because Tesarus and Helex would be something like deluxed sized instead of Ultra-Leader sized, so it'd certainly be much more affordable than what MMC's will end up being.

Plus, we need a tiny moe Nickel.
>>
>>5671236

Wait, you don't like the amazing Sonicron version?!?!?
>>
>>5674452
Price isn't related to size.
>>
>>5674583
That's true, but isn't the MMC one also more complex as well? Not sure about paint apps.
>>
>>5674616

They're on sale/clearance because their quality isn't that great. Like was said above, the other Predaking's have lots of problems. MMC's is the only one that was made well, more or less.
>>
File: stump.jpg (238 KB, 1024x1146) Image search: [Google]
stump.jpg
238 KB, 1024x1146
>>5674422

>better dyanmic sculpting than Deluxe
>better articulation than the deluxe
>going by the current trend, will be better painted than the deluxe
>legend sized

wat da fug

>>5674427
>>5674400

I wouldn't say it's a far cry actually given that all their releases bar Slammer and Sixgun are comic focused characters and designs. I imagine since they have Overlord out and Black Shadow in the works, a Six Shot is somewhere in the pipeline. They're part of a trio in the comics. With Stormbringer Prime on the way I'd also imagine there's going to be some sort of IDW Megatron in there somewhere.

>>5674269
Black forearms are a compromise so the jetmode colors don't look out of place it seems. In the proto shots those sections used to have ridged greebles on the front of the jet and ended up on the back of the forearm. In the new ones they ditched the greeble.
>>
>>5674629
>wat da fug

Ah, you see, the part you're missing is

>$40

Yeah, sure, you can do all kinds of cool shit when money is no object.
>>
File: kFOWEfV[1].jpg (989 KB, 2390x4090) Image search: [Google]
kFOWEfV[1].jpg
989 KB, 2390x4090
This came in the mail today, he is huge, but it is nice to have a somewhat in scale grimmy that isn't from Fall of Cybertron.
>>
File: IDW-MTMTE-Megatron.png (432 KB, 555x933) Image search: [Google]
IDW-MTMTE-Megatron.png
432 KB, 555x933
>>5674629

Didn't Megatron have kind of a shit design during Stormbringer? I hope they do a figure of this design.

I mean also hopefully I'll get my hands on GT Tyrant so I won't be starved for a Megatron and it won't be a big deal if they do a design I don't like.
>>
File: 1436907314584.jpg (37 KB, 315x470) Image search: [Google]
1436907314584.jpg
37 KB, 315x470
I found an old Energon Demolishor going through some stuff the other day. I don't know if it's age or what, but all of the joints were scarily tight. When I went to move a forearm, it snapped and crumbled. I guess all that talk about transparent plastic getting more fragile over time is true.

It's a shame. I liked that figure.
>>
>>5673656

Tried it some time back. Their feet don't fit too well with the footpads. You need to shift them higher than they should be. And as you can see, the arms don't fit into the locks at all.
>>
>>5674422
Black Shadow and Overlord, they're just missing a Sixshot which I'm sure will be unveiled soon and then they'll be the only company that offers the complete Phase Sixer line up unless MMC teases a Black Shadow that will be released in seventeen years.
>>
>>5674936
I want to see an IF Star Saber + Victory Leo kit
>>
>>5674616
No. Plus MMC reuse molds/parts like crazy.
>>
>>5674943
Damn, me too.

Slightly related because of Star Saber, but a Legends sized Tyrest and some of his giant goons would be great too, we just don't know what sorta space jet he turns into.
>>
File: Megatrong1idwpreearth.jpg (54 KB, 400x493) Image search: [Google]
Megatrong1idwpreearth.jpg
54 KB, 400x493
>>5674875
>Didn't Megatron have kind of a shit design during Stormbringer?
No? I mean his alt mode was meh but his bot mode design was great.
>>
How is DX9's Hulkie?

Thinking about picking one up.
>>
File: H-Gun.jpg (853 KB, 886x1510) Image search: [Google]
H-Gun.jpg
853 KB, 886x1510
>>5675208
I like mine a whole lot. Well-built little guys and a sweet combination. Hulkie itself is pretty great, even though it could use some torso articulation.

However, only Long Haul has any head articulation, and I could see that being a pretty big deal breaker.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 100

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.