[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you ever go to a thrift store often enough, one thing you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
If you ever go to a thrift store often enough, one thing you tend to find is a lot of Toy Story toys. Ironic, considering the movie made such a fate seem terrible, and that the character's losing their child would be heart breaking. If you look on the bottoms of the feet of a lot of these neglected playthings, you often find they have the former owner's name scribbled on, in clear imitation of the movie. The one I see most often is Buzz Lightyear, who's gotten the most toys over the years.

Yet despite that, these toys end up dumped en masse every year. Perhaps kids only feel attachment to these characters because the movies say so, and they never form an attachment to these toys like they do ones that end up meaning more to them. At any rate, it's another Disney irony, that a movie that sort of portrays toys wanting to be kept and loved ends up being responsible for a bunch of toys that end up bought and dumped. Just like how a bunch of people bought fish after Finding Nemo.

Everytime I see one of these dumped and abused figures I kinda want to buy it. Accumulate a horde of them, and make a public art display of them all. Encourage people to take one form the pile home and give it a second life. but better judgement comes ahead. Still, I do hope that those worn down toys do give someone else some good memories, even if they probably all are doomed to the dumpster when enough parts break off.
>>
anon it was just a movie toys don't actually feel anything it's no big deal
>>
>>5668820
This is the message portrayed by part 3, kind of. You can't keep your toys forever for any decided reason. Ending up in a thrift store means theyre sold/donated by people for other kids to play with and have futures with, and the cycle inevitably continues.
>>
>>5668820
>go to local goodwill
>absolutely no fucking toys
>goodwill has warehouse strapped to the side of that
i wish theyd stop hoarding all the good shit in the warehouse for auctioning
>>
>>5668820
I like the etchasketch
>>
No such thing can happen here. I live in an area that intersects hightech business, Entitlement babies, and lousy parents.
Nerds, neckbeards and scalpers have the schedules for ALL stores (new retail and 2nd hand) and sweep through eliminating anything valuable, interesting, re-sellable, or not broken.
Anything nice left over is stolen by the shoplifters and Entitlement kiddies.
The "toy section" is bad parent for "unsupervised childcare"... the kids break and destroy everything.
Being a rational adult with a job, by the time I go looking for bits of nostalgia or interesting toys, all that is left are smashed parts and toddler toys smeared with rotted food.
>>
File: 1454376027958.jpg (134 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1454376027958.jpg
134 KB, 960x720
>>5671053
>be me
>walk to toy section to look for anything that sparks interests
>don't nothing but nasty looking plushys and baby toys
>move aside some crappy knockoff Lego sets
>find bionicle
>pick it up
>has chicken inside it
>covered in ranch and ranch all over
>mask is missing along with inner gears
>mfw
>>
>>5671457
>has chicken inside it
>covered in ranch and ranch all over
Did a /biog/ user hotglue a figure, take the valuable parts and donate it?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.