[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dear /toy/ lets say you were gifted, and told to sell, around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: half a tub.jpg (552 KB, 1547x1117) Image search: [Google]
half a tub.jpg
552 KB, 1547x1117
dear /toy/

lets say you were gifted, and told to sell, around 10-20 tubs of star wars/ LOTR/ star trek toys (picture related being about half a tub) but dont know anything about toys.

What would you do, asking for a friend of course.
>>
lurk ebay, add 5% of trending price

/thread
>>
Shove them ALL up my urethra
>>
>>5664054
why is darth maul even the poster character?

-He's a bad guy
-He does shit in the movie
-barely any lines. None of them are cool btw
-dies like a bitch
>>
>>5664073
im assuming most of these wont even sell, and what if they arnt on ebay- is their some sort of /toy/ guide?

>>5664076
thats only fun the first hundred times.
>>
>>5664084

They probably designed the packaging and stuff before the movie even came out.

People like Maul just because he "looks cool," and putting your badass-looking new bad guy all over everything is a sure way to sell product, even if they fail to deliver.

Look how people were going fucking bonkers over Phasma.
>>
>>5664084
He was the most interesting and cool looking character from the first movie. Space Jesus Liam Neeson, teen heartthrob Ewan, and shitty Bowlcut Anakin don't exactly make kids want to watch a movie like Laser sword Demon man does.
>>
have a yard sale and price them at $2 or $3 each, that's the only effective way to sell them. Or donate them to a children's hospital/Salvation army/local charity shop and try to get an income tax writeoff.
>>
>>5664124
>Or donate them to a children's hospital/Salvation army/local charity shop and try to get an income tax writeoff.

best option
>>
>>5664054
You can give it to fellow ankns?
>>
>>5664084
>He does shit in the movie
He kills Liam Neeson. Do you have any idea how hard that is?
>>
>>5664124
there are some in here Im guessing are worth more than 2-3USD as some I am going through now are large.
Is their any sort of DB for toys where I can see if any are particularly rare that isnt ebay?
>>
>>5664084
To sell toys.
>>
>>5664084
The package was designed in homage to the power of the force packaging that preceeded that line, and featured vader prominently in the same spot maul is in.

Also, Maul was pushed heavily based on image appeal prior to the film's release, so, both things considered, this made perfect sense.
>>
Look up the price of each individual figure, sell the ones worth something, if such a thing exists, separately, then sell the cheap ones in lots.
>>
Probably open all the Star Wars stuff and then sell/give away all the non star wars stuff.
>>
>>5664124
In order to claim a donation it has to be valued at 6 grand, minimum.

>>5664135
It takes a particular set of skills.

>>5664225
>>5664073
This, but make sure you're looking at sold listings.
>>
>>5664225
>>5664270
looks like some of the items from the first two tubs have a few listings where people have bought for 30-100 with current bids (nothing in the OP photo) so thats good.

The guy saying to sell in lots for the vast majority is probably in the right, most of the little figures arnt worth much or even selling. But even if I find 3-4 items a tub selling 30-100USD each like this first one my friend will be happy.
>>
>>5664270
"In order to claim a donation it has to be valued at 6 grand, minimum."

What are you talking about? You can claim whatever donation amount you want. Even if it's only $50 if you have other deductions it can become more than the standard deduction when added up.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.