[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hot Wheels Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: Evil Twin.jpg (2 MB, 3053x2376) Image search: [Google]
Evil Twin.jpg
2 MB, 3053x2376
Sup /toy/, I need some advice from diecast collectors.

So I've been making pretty good money selling my dad's hot wheels collection (he went way overboard, long story, but now he wants to get rid of them and he gave them all to me). When I'm through with that though, how do I find good cars to sell? On ebay people tend to know what they're worth, so I haven't had any luck finding bargains to resell. So, Walmart toy aisle at 2am then?
>>
>inb4 take better pictures
It's the only one I had that's below the 4MB size limit, typically I shoot with a DSLR for listings
>>
File: Favorite Hotwheels.png (2 MB, 588x1830) Image search: [Google]
Favorite Hotwheels.png
2 MB, 588x1830
IDK how I can you, so here's a pic of my top 5 favorites.
>>
>>5662168
Heh. Pretty sure I had all those growing up. Good times.

Also, general hot wheels posts welcomed
>>
If you are going to sell die cast move on to the higher end stuff. Hot wheels basic line are under a dollar so unless its supers they are not hard to come across. Also scalpers will always beat you to supers and hoard the shit out of hot cars. But if you wait like a week they are restocked.

Move on to real riders or retro entertainment cars, they are always short print and are a sure fire way to make money second hand.

Good luck being a piece of shit scalper and please die of aids.
>>
I collect a few and found some supers, pretty much head to the wikis, if any have errors charge 10 and up, if the boxes differ from the norm look up if they're from a set as some are worth more than others, and work out which are the treasure hunts (rare but not amazingly hard to find) and super treasure hunts (instant 20 on eBay, pop on bidding if you want good cash)

Otherwise sell them as lots if 6 and charge slightly less than retail if you want to clear.

Heh, I'm in yours father's position but I'm not backing down yet, good luck op
>>
File: hw_chevynomad_2003a.jpg (82 KB, 504x275) Image search: [Google]
hw_chevynomad_2003a.jpg
82 KB, 504x275
>>5662168
>Wave Ripper
Best team
>>
File: World_Race_Ballistik.jpg (49 KB, 644x392) Image search: [Google]
World_Race_Ballistik.jpg
49 KB, 644x392
>>5663031
>implying someone who just got their license would be able to win the world race
>>
I had an electric blue car with a red number on the top my Grandma gave me. I'm 90& it was Hot Wheels and I feel like the number was 25 or something 'similar'. It didn't look super race-car like but I'd love to track it down.
>>
>>5663527
Could you remember what year you got it?
>>
>>5663527
Is this it?
>>
ive been thinking about collecting HW. my mom found some and gave them to me some were cars out of the pack and others in the pack. over the weekend my parents and i went to a fleamarket and there was a guy and his daughter selling all kinds of toys and he had a bunch of HW on a table for a 1 each so my dad and i started looking through them and i found a white el camino and bought it. my dad owned a el camino thats why i got it also hes owned quite a few novas,SS, and impalas along with other cars so he likes to look at them and reminisce
>>
>>5662842
>Good luck being a piece of shit scalper and please die of aids.
This is misguided, anon. They have treatments for AIDS now. Scalpers should die of something with no possibility of recovery.
>>
>>5664517
>ive been thinking about collecting HW.
If you decide to do this, it should be for enjoyment- don't think of it as an investment.
>>5662842
This.
>>
>>5662842
>>5663030
Thanks anons, sounds solid

>>5663031
>>5663059
Scorchers master race
>I'm gonna pass u senpai

>>5666145
No worries I already got cancer from this website, pretty sure that's incurable
>>
>>5667223
Kek f-a-m corrects to senpai, should've guessed
>>
File: Nissan_Custom_Z_PrpUH.jpg (73 KB, 429x212) Image search: [Google]
Nissan_Custom_Z_PrpUH.jpg
73 KB, 429x212
Not my own, but this one was my favorite as a kid.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.