[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will we ever get some good DOOM figures? Or even some decent ones?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: ZkOL5N4.jpg (56 KB, 720x599) Image search: [Google]
ZkOL5N4.jpg
56 KB, 720x599
Will we ever get some good DOOM figures? Or even some decent ones?
>>
>>5654095
Will there ever be a good doom game? Or even a decent one?
>FTFY
>>
>>5654095
>>>/v/
>>
>>5654269
fuck off, Kojima fanboy. Your godking has never made a good game. Stop being so jealous.

>>5654095
only if Funko can pull their heads out of their asses and focus on something other than Doom 4.
>>
>>5654285
>funko good

No.
>>
Given the genre of the game and the kind of monsters it would be either funko, neca or mcfarlane.
>>
>>5655569
Funko already has a license with Bethesda that includes Fallout, Elder Scrolls and Doom. McF and Neca have had YEARS to get the Doom license and neither gave a shit to. McF could've grabbed it in the 90s but they weren't interested.

Unfortunately Bethesda only gives a damn about their crap reboot, so don't expect Doom, expect "bad fanart Master Chief".
>>
>>5654285
I think you misread OP's question, he asked for GOOD doom figures, not funko quality.
>>
>>5655678
then fucking NO, go read >>5655662

All your heroes declined a long ass time ago and Funko now has the license. Crying isn't changing that anytime soon. I guess you could see if a Japanese comp- no, Japan hates FPS and especially Doom.
>>
>>5655662
NECA apparently tried to get the Doom license.
>>
>>5654285
>Funko meme
>making fun of Kojima meme
>implying any DOOM after the first was good or decent
We got a low class shitpostlet here
>>
>>5655695
>Japan hates FPS and especially Doom
For real? But why?
>>
>>5655795
but Kojima is an untalented fuckhead, and you're the one magically bringing up Doom 3 for some reason. Stop smoking crack.

>>5656108
Doom changed the gaming industry in a way that took a lot of power from Nintendo and Sega. After the 83 crash, the only real outlets for the video game market were those 2 and if you wanted to make a video game people bought, they were it. You were forced to put up with their rules. Just to make it worse, they tended to look down on US developers, and some Japanese companies had a policy to not even give credit to US employees who worked on games.

Yeah there was the computer game market, but that was niche so it didn't really get a lot of traction. Then Doom came out and the PC gaming market exploded- the game was outselling Windows 95. Suddenly the PC becomes a viable gaming platform and the Japanese console makers lost that hold they had on the industry. Doom exploded because it really went all out, doing what PC games had never done before.

I think Japan resents that. They avoided the FPS market like crazy. Hell, there was backlash over Famitsu giving Skyrim a perfect score, because how DARE a western-made game of a genre that isn't liked on their soil get praise over there!
>>
>>5656108
Because the genre is shit baka desu senpai
>>
Would you guys even want a figure if it isn't the classic design? Personally I wouldn't want anything unless its the classic designs.
>>
>>5656108
>believing that faggot
as far as i know, they aren't very good at fps they get motion sickness or some other stupid shit
also i remember seeing jap fanart of doom, and the same person who made it also made some custom levels so there must be a small fandom over there
>>
>>5654269
>>5655795
>>5656137
Fuck off retard
>>
>>5656432
I kinda like the new game's armor design.
>>
>>5656432
This.

The monsters in the first two Dooms are simply the best. The Cacodemons, the Cyber Mastermind, the Arch-viles(fuck these guys btw.)

If they were to release figs, they must do them in the classic design.
>>
>>5656506
Can I ask why? I don't like it personally, stuff lime the thw shoulder pads looks terrible to me.
>>
>>5656583
I think it just seems like a decent modern reimagining of the classic. Only real issue I have with it is the way it looks like he has no neck.
>>
>>5656502
Sorry but theres not a single good DOOM after the original
>>
>>5656604
How does this look like a good modern redesign? It just looks like Halo. There's nothing "redesigned" about it.
>>
>>5656618
Doom 2 and doom 64 is pretty damn good actually.
>>
>>5656630
>anything futuristic immediately looksl ike halo.

are you being retarded on purpose?
you better not be.
>>
>>5654095
>>
>>5656583
2016 Doomguy needs to be faster, as it is it looks like he's taking his sweet time to stroll through phobos and deimos.
>>
3A are doing Doom.
>>
>>5656912
Not that anon but I gotta agree, it looks like a completely uninspired generic modern fps halo guy.
>>
File: .jpg (389 KB, 750x1125) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
389 KB, 750x1125
>>5654095
3A just knocked.
>>
>>5657004
Check out the GTX 1080 preview with new Doom. The guy playing is on Keyboard/mouse and is running through like grease lighting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T_zaNqAqzY
>>
File: 1459304704067.jpg (80 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
1459304704067.jpg
80 KB, 766x960
>>5657059
>>5657701
>doom 4 logo
Right into the trash.
>>
File: 180px-Pom_Pom_-_Cacodemon.png (40 KB, 180x218) Image search: [Google]
180px-Pom_Pom_-_Cacodemon.png
40 KB, 180x218
>>5656965
They chose that over a fucking Cacodemon?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.