[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Monster High General: Lalabat Begins edition.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73
File: lalabat.jpg (1 MB, 736x1582) Image search: [Google]
lalabat.jpg
1 MB, 736x1582
Old thread: >>5575053

>Recent Releases
Fierce Rockers: Catty and Toralei 2-pack, Clawdeen, Venus and Jinafire 3-Pack
Great Scarrier Reef: Frankie, Lagoona, Toralei, Draculaura, Clawdeen
Great Scarrier Reef new characters: Posea Reef, Kala Mer'ii, Peri and Pearl Serpentine
Ghouls Getaway: Jinafire, Spectra, Meowlody, Elissabat, Jane Boolittle
Gloom Beach rerelease: Frankie, Cleo, Clawdeen
Dead Tired rerelease: Frankie, Draculaura, Cleo
Monster Exchange: Isi Dawndancer, Kjersti Trollson, Batsy Claro
17 Inch dolls: Frankie, Draculaura, Clawdeen, Elissabat

>New 2016
Scream and Sugar: Nefera and Amanita 2-pack
New look signature characters: Frankie, Draculaura, Clawdeen, Cleo, Lagoona, Moanica D'kay, Ari Hauntington
Welcome to Monster High (Fall movie line): Frankie, Clawdeen, Lagoona, Cleo, Draculaura, Draculaura and Moanica 2-pack, Singing Ari Hauntington.
Shriekwrecked: Dana Treasure Jones, Draculaura, Rochelle, Lagoona, Clawdeen, Catrine, Gil
Ghoul-to-Bat Draculaura
MH Minis: Collectable blind bag mini figures.

>News

Monster High Diaries Book 4 released May 3

Welcome to Monster High movie out October. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fCrSQBk9_o
>>
File: dana.jpg (66 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
dana.jpg
66 KB, 540x540
New pics of the deluxe Shriekwrecked dolls.
>>
File: shrieklala.jpg (194 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
shrieklala.jpg
194 KB, 1280x1280
>>
File: shrieklagoona.jpg (49 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
shrieklagoona.jpg
49 KB, 540x540
>>
File: shriekrochelle.jpg (53 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
shriekrochelle.jpg
53 KB, 540x540
>>
File: dancelagoona.jpg (163 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
dancelagoona.jpg
163 KB, 1280x1280
Also, Dance the Fright Away Lagoona
>>
>>5633574
What would you say the main issues with MH are/were?
I'd say:
- Clogging the shelves with too many variants (do we need 4 dead tireds and 5 beach lines?)
- not providing an engaging story that can stand on its own
- Inconsistent distribution (some dolls shelfwarmed, while others never turned up in the US)
- Introducing too many new characters
>>
>>5633616

Really ugly ideas in the last year. Seriously, some of the latest new characters were so badly designed. Either face, clorhes, or both. Kiyomi, Astranova, Elle Edie, Marisol, Neighthan (literally rotting on shelves everywhere), all the fish girls except octolala and peri/pearl...

The original girls were all interesting, had a distinct style of clothes, and were instantly recognisable for their monster parents. They lost all that along the way.
>>
Can anyone tell me if Abbey's skin glitter is on top or mixed into her plastic?
>>
>>5633753
I had an older Ghoul's rule where it was on top. Dunno if newer ones have changed this.
>>
>>5633616
>- Introducing too many new characters

And it didn't help that they were fugly as shit either.
>>
>>5632829
she's so cute, this confirms that i'll only be getting this for moanica
>>5633588
she still looks so weird to me
>>
>>5633616
i like the amount of characters they have, honestly. the problem is that people expect certain characters to come back when it's clear that they were only intended for a movie or a line. i think the only exceptions i've seen for this are wydowna and amanita. i agree with the multiple beach lines and fitness/dance/sports lines, though.
>>
>>5633588
>reused shoe mold
>molded on top
>all that yellow
>crap monster origin
Definite pass for me. The others look pretty cute, though.
>>
What are your favourites Monster High dolls?

and Ever After High dolls?

I like the Isi doll, Abbey doll and Catty Noir doll
>>
>>5634089
>MH
Robecca (if anyone needs more dolls, it's her), Jane Boolittle, and Cleo
>EAH
Darling, Justine, Melody (here's hoping she gets more dolls), and i love Jillian
>>
Just coming to say these threads concern me
>>
>>5634121
uh how? we're all manchildren here, no matter if we like dolls or action figures.
>>
>>5634121
Look man, we could be much worse, like doing drugs or crimes. We just like frilly dolls, no harm done.

2/10, you got me to respond
>>
File: JoJo bait.jpg (161 KB, 625x560) Image search: [Google]
JoJo bait.jpg
161 KB, 625x560
>>5634121
It's not too different from people collecting Figmas of cute anime girls. We just like to collect cute toys.
>>
>>5634121
Don't visit /a/
You would not survive the experience
>>
>>5634121
I'm sorry that our 10 inch tall big eyed plastic cartoon girls are distracting you so much from your discussion of 5 inch tall big eyed plastic cartoon girls.
>>
File: Guaranted Replies.jpg (7 KB, 196x196) Image search: [Google]
Guaranted Replies.jpg
7 KB, 196x196
>>5634307
Now now, let's not diss our Figma and Licca-chan collecting fellows, that anon is clearly shitposting.
>>
He can't get girls because of his dolls collection
>>
File: 1455670746292.png (461 KB, 870x722) Image search: [Google]
1455670746292.png
461 KB, 870x722
>>5634121
>>
>>5634383
Sauce?
>>
>>5634362
Who's that guy?
>>
>>5634405
i just have the reaction pic m8 idk where it's from
>>
>>5633740
If you take off Kiyomi's eyes, she becomes ten times more palatable. I don't know why they put that white outline on a ghost who is meant to have no face. I understand how it works for the cartoon, but it really does not work for the doll. Especially when they gave her such distinctly sculpted features.

I also think Elle is fantastic, but her colourscheme was too close to Spectra. They should really have gone with silver and aqua or a brighter shade than just that purple. I kept confusing her for Spectra in the leaked photos.

The rest? Yeah. Agreed. Though I have a soft spot for Marisol and Astranova because of how weird they are. I mean, MH is monsters, and they definitely are the most monstrous out of that list you've given, short of Neighthan with his rotting muscle-face.

>>5633753
Body is on top, I think vinyl is mixed in. I know that if you're not careful when trying to fix stains on her body, you can remove patches of glitter and it sucks.

>>5633897
She has a unique shoe mould in other prototype photos. They split into two pieces and are treasure-chest themed. The interior is a stack of gold for the heel. It's actually quite cute, and her body mould with the constellations "engraved" on it is awesome, but her overall colour scheme (TOO MUCH MISMATCHING GOLD!), face and hair are just irredeemable.

>>5634089
MH:
The Werecats, Venus, and Rochelle

EAH:
Lizzie and Raven, but mostly Lizzie. I don't have many EAH.
>>
File: DSC_3908.jpg (598 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3908.jpg
598 KB, 1200x800
>>5634613
Also, dropped pic because of captcha fail. But Kiyomi looks much better without the stupid white liner.
>>
>>5633897
Shoe mould by the way. The prototype photo is a recast of I can't remember who, but the final version has a similar shape, with very different details.

I plan to get her just for repainting purposes, because the body details are so cool.
>>
>>5634645
that's why i hate that she's kind of disappointing personally. like the constellations in her body? love it. her shoes? love them. her dress? love it. but her face and all the gold and her hair just make her look off-putting to me.
>>
>>5634822
Shit. I just noticed that the torso is also moulded on. What happened to the original blue dress with the reversible skirt? Did they nix it for a "younger audience" doll?

If so, can't even buy her for customising. Fuckoff.
>>
I gotta question, since I'm rather new at MH collecting:

Do they sell the guy characters? I've only seen the girls in dolls, never the guys.

Also, what's the deal with the Werecats? Just to appeal to Catgirl lovers? Not like I'm complaining, since I love Catrine...
>>
>>5635243
Some male dolls are made. They don't sell well, so they're not made often. The Gaming Two Pack is still shelfwarming here in Australia, along with Neighthan.

Clawd, Holt, and Jackson are all hard to get because they were popular, and not widely produced.

As for the werecats, I'm not sure what you mean? Cats do sell well with kids and adult collectors both, so if you mean "why so many of one type of monster?!" that would be why. They're relatively non-threatening.
>>
>>5634121
take that !
>>
>>5633588
i can't wait to get Dana and Catrine ( they better not fuck up my Catrine ) at toy fair she looked really gorgeus
>>
>>5635243

because cats are cute

but they should try wererabbits too
>>
>>5634625
Agree
>>
>>5633601

awww what the hell I love the grumpy little bat
>>
>>5635580

The wererabbit's enrolled at Ever After.
>>
>>5634625

Interesting.

I have a bigger issue with her outfit. It's just so directionless. There's some motifs from the sailor fuku but it's not immediately identifiable. And there's no Japanese flavour to her at all.

I'm always tempted to track down the Shibooya Lala and try the outfit on Kiyomi. At least that one has harajuku nuttiness written all over it.
>>
>>5634613

Elle scares me. Reminds me too much of the robot woman from Superman 3, which gave me nightmares as a kid.
>>
File: IMG_20131224_130614.jpg (105 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20131224_130614.jpg
105 KB, 720x720
>>5634089

Started buying dolls with Lagoona. Toralei is sexy as hell. Twyla's adorable, I have like, 3? Love the Freak Du Chic one.

But my favourite MH is the snake cam. If you wear her hair just right she looks like she has a side tail which is really pretty. I have her wearing Lagoona'd skull shores outfit which shows off her scaley body patterns.

I love EA Maddie, but that's about it. I really really love the illustrated versions on the boxes, but the balloon heads on the dolls make them look terrible. If they looked like the artwork I'd probably buy them all.
>>
>>5635873
I disagree about there being no Japanese influence. It's not terribly recognizable at first, but there's a lot of influence in her accessories. Like her shoes have noh influenced masks and her purse is mixing both noh influence with harajuku. Also, her sleeves have cherry blossoms and her having socks goes back to traditional geta (since her shoes are open/sandal like).

It's stupidly subtle, but that actually why I love her.
>>
>>5635289
I mean, when I think classic monsters, I would've never considered "Werecats" to even be a thing, it gives me the vibe someone at Mattel saw how popular Catgirls were online.

>>5635580
I agree, but wouldn't Playboy sue Mattel then?
>>
File: 515MBTEMKYL.jpg (42 KB, 337x500) Image search: [Google]
515MBTEMKYL.jpg
42 KB, 337x500
>>5635580
Whose dick do I suck for this to happen
>>
>>5635873
I agree with >>5636214

There's also the fact that Harajuku nuttiness comes in a lot of flavours other than just "wa lolita" (but that discussion always derails the thread, so I'm staying out of it).

To be honest, my biggest issue with Kiyomi was that I don't know why they went with a noppera-bo. There are way more iconic Japanese monsters from folklore they could have pulled from, and a "faceless" ghost in a fashion doll line is a bit questionable in terms of theme.

Also: I have ME Lala and her outfit doesn't quite work. The pinks are different to the pinks in Kiyomi's hair and accessories, so it kind of clashes a bit. If I get un-lazy this weekend, I can take some comparison photos for you.

>>5636437
Ah, gotcha. Werecats aren't, but monster cats definitely are. Phantom (Big) Cats are pretty interesting, and quite a few different regions have stories about monster cats (and a few have stories about Cat People). But. Yeah. Mattel is probably trying to cash in on catgirls and crazy cat ladies.

>>5636585
No dicks, just celery.
>>
reboot dolls have popped in walmart
>>
>>5637129
Draculaura looks cute, Frankie.. No. She looks like an old woman.
>>
>>5637129
I still can't get over the fact that they're promoting this IT'S ALL ABOUT BEING UNIQUE!! IT'S ALL ABOUT BEING YOURSELF! BE WHO YOU BOO, GIRRRRLLL when the reboot was literally "these dolls are too ~scary~ and different looking, better make them sweet and kawaii desu instead:
>>
>>5633616
Those tried and over done lines are what have been a major problem for me - cause i think they are too recent. We never got enough of a change up, it was mostly around high school. I know they could have done a snow line with Abbey as lead, Wyndona could have had a western line, Robecca or Frankie could have been great for a science lab line, Draculaura for a ballgown royal line. There could have been a lot more variation in types.

As for a story - they had one - they just chose to ignore it and water it down. They could have also borrowed from their different comics and books - but chose not to so they could allow kids to make up their own stories. Now a days fans might want a lil more to their characters.

Distribution is always a huge issue with tons of lines, and they will always be that way. It helps both sales and scalping - which means this stuff wont change. Only thing that can be done is if fans decide to help other fans out - or they decide to ship where a character sells out more.

New characters - eh - i think they should probably stick to two new ones per wave or movie instead of a ton. They need to really work with characters they have once they have introduced them as standards- but its not a requirement. They've proven they can go back with the SDCC exclusive and such to cover those missing characters with dolls.
>>
>>5637129
It's official. Count Fabulous is dead and Operetta's Spider is now Draculaura's. Why? Because it states on her box that she can now fly, which has never been the case, for some reason.
>>
>>5635289
Invisibilly sold pretty well.
>>
>>5637285
count fabulous is right up there in her shriekwrecked promo picture and as of frights camera action, she can transform into a bat
>>
>>5637328
Yeah, but a lot of the male dolls don't get made in the same quantities because Mattel is scared they won't sell. Clawd was apparently the shortpacked doll for Scarnival from what I've heard, and I never saw him in Australia at all.
>>
>>5637380
How did I not notice that in the pic? Oops. Ive only seen the first couple of movies and stopped as they weren't very good. Embarrassing. Sorry guys.
>>
>>
>>5637444
Remember when Deuce was originally part of the main group?
>>
>>5637491
He was more Cleo's boy toy and not much else.
>>
File: MonsterHigh2.jpg (142 KB, 952x536) Image search: [Google]
MonsterHigh2.jpg
142 KB, 952x536
>>
>>5637129
G1 FOREVER!!
>>
So if I understand adult men collect these dolls?
>>
>>5634089
Isi is a great doll, one of my faves too! Honestly I love a lot of them but I'm a sucker for gimmicks. Spectra's transparency and original cheekbones were great. Venus has a great colour palette and I love her hair, Catty Noir because everything about her outfit, skin, hair and etc. rock ( pun intended? ), Operetta because I'm a phantom fan and I love her original hair so much. Every time I look at my collection my favourite seems to change but those are some of the ones I love the most.
>>
Boys and Girls who collect dolls i have some questions for you (sorry for my bad english)

>what do your parents and friends think of your collection did they accept it or they still complain ?

>did you ever run in a store towards someone who doest'n mind his buisness and ask you why do you buy dolls ? and what did you say ?

>have you ever been harrassed or made fun of by someone because you collect dolls ? if yes what did you do to shut him/her up ?

>have you ever been looked badly by a mad mom who wanted that doll for his daughter but you got it first ?

>how dou you feel and what do you do when you buy a doll online and it comes with wonky eyes or bad make up ?

>did you ever buy a whole line in one go ? if yes which one was it ?

>you favorite MH and EAH doll

>your most hated MH and EAH doll
>>
>>5638302
>>what do your parents and friends think of your collection did they accept it or they still complain ?
I don't really talk too much about my collection with friends but my family is pretty cool with it. Some of them have even bought me dolls for birthdays/holidays.

>>did you ever run in a store towards someone who doest'n mind his buisness and ask you why do you buy dolls ? and what did you say ?
Most people are under the impression that I'm buying a gift for a kid and I won't try to convince them otherwise.

>>have you ever been harrassed or made fun of by someone because you collect dolls ? if yes what did you do to shut him/her up ?
Never had that problem with dolls but have with other hobbies. I find the best way to shut them down is to ask, in a non defensive tone, "Does it bother you?" or "What should I spend my money on?"

>>have you ever been looked badly by a mad mom who wanted that doll for his daughter but you got it first ?
A mom looked kind of disappointed when I picked up the last fearleading set. I guess she was going to buy it and had set it in another aisle to hide it while she did more shopping. I felt bad and was going to put it back but my own mom talked me out of it.

>>how dou you feel and what do you do when you buy a doll online and it comes with wonky eyes or bad make up ?
If it's a rarer doll I'll usually buy two, pick the best face up, and return the extra. If it's easy to find I'll just do an exchange at a brick and mortar store.

>>did you ever buy a whole line in one go ? if yes which one was it ?
I picked up all three Fairest on Ice dolls because I was sure I'd never see them again at cost. I was right.

>>you favorite MH and EAH doll
I don't think I could choose a favorite MH doll. I tend to reach for Abbeys and Skelitas first when buying, though. For EAH it's Cerise Wolf, hands down. I'm still a little in awe of her.

>>your most hated MH and EAH doll
For MH it's Neighthan and for EAH it's going to be Daring.
>>
>>5636859

Pics would be appreciated! I had a gut feeling the combo wouldn't be great. Probably why I haven't attempted to buy either yet.

Going by the way they've treated any other nationality that wasn't G1 (Rochelle, Jinafire, Gigi etc), I'd expect a Japanese character's clothes to be Wa-something out the *ahem* Wa-zoo, lolita or otherwise. MH was never very subtle when it came to foreign cultures.

I think a MH character from Japan would be most fun if she was a tengu, kappa or oni. But I guess they needed some kind of ghost for Haunted. And when it comes to yokai and yurei, Japan either has the weird as heck, like the umbrella monster, or scary as fuck like the kuchisake onna or ubume. Nopperabo was probably the safest choice. imo they could've gone with a generic yurei with the paper triangle tiara.
>>
>>5638302
>what do parents/friends think
my mom thought it was odd at first but she seemed to not care, my dad sees it as my own little hobby. i think outside of my family the only people i know who know i collect dolls is my boyfriend.
>did you ever run in a store towards someone who asks why you buy dolls and what do you say
i can thankfully say that has never happened to me but i figure most people assume i'm buying it for a kid
>have you ever been harrassed or made fun of by someone because you collect dolls?
only on 4chan, but if anyone were to i'd tell them that it's my money. that'll usually shut anyone up
>have you ever been looked badly by a mad mom who wanted that doll for his daughter but you got it first
mmm, no but if they really wanted it i would give it up. if i end up not being able to find any specific one i want in store, i'll check amazon.
>did you ever buy a whole line in one go? if yes which one was it?
Sugar Coated. i have them displayed with Ginger's playset on one of my shelves. other than that, i tend to bulk buy the new signatures if i can when they come out for EAH since those are the main ones i collect.
>your favorite MH and EAH doll
MH is Robecca, EAH is Darling
MH for sure is Torelai and EAH...definitely Briar, not sure why though
>>
File: 1457299795951.png (437 KB, 654x473) Image search: [Google]
1457299795951.png
437 KB, 654x473
>camping amazon waiting for the new dolls to go on sale
i wish i could just buy them in-store, but all the stores around me don't get them in until around 2-3 months after they're released if i'm lucky
>>
>>5638302
> what do your parents and friends think?

I live with my wife who lives vicariously thru my doll buying. She has a few too but I'm more into toys in general. My parents resigned themselves long ago to the fact that toy buying is some new age hobby they don't understand.

I hang around other toy people. We may buy different things but we're cool with each other. Those I know who don't buy toys come to me for advice about what to buy for their kids. Who in turn think I'm pretty cool for being able to chat about Frozen, MH, Superheroes or whatever.

>someone ask you why do you buy dolls ?

Started a chat with a cashier at a walmart in NJ who also was into MH. He even told me which day I could come back for new stocks. Kinda cool.

>have you ever been harrassed?

Yeah, I told him no toy related activity is more immature than putting another person down for doing what they like.

If you stare these people in the eye they often back down. Remember they probably have esteem issues and put others down to make themselves feel less shitty.

>mad mom who wanted that doll for his daughter ?

*always* let the kid have the toy. That's who they're for. As adults we have more freedom and budget to hunt it down again.

>wonky eyes or bad make up ?

If it's REALLY bad I send it back to Amazon or wherever. Minor issues I can live with or touch up. I remember being really disappointed with EAH and finding out ALL the dolls have really badly designed eyes in general. I still dream about fixing my Cerise to look like her artwork.

>did you ever buy a whole line in one go ?

Never for MH. But if I were to pick a full line to own - Freak Du Chic.

>favorite

Snake cam, 1st Maddy

>most hated

Amanita, Kitty. Faces are just so ugly.
>>
>>5638475
oops forgot a question
>wonky eyes, bad make up
if it's a slight difference, it won't bother me. if it's incredibly noticeable, then i return it.
>>
>what do your parents and friends think of your collection did they accept it or they still complain ?
My parents only started to complain when I had so many it got a bit untidy. I have "too many" according to them. But my friends and bf think they're very cool.

>did you ever run in a store towards someone who doest'n mind his buisness and ask you why do you buy dolls ? and what did you say ?
Never happened to me. I've chatted a couple of times to strangers about how cool they are though. I stood next to a child picking one out when its mother said "I wish they had these when I was little", so I told her how many I had and said you're never too old.

>have you ever been harrassed or made fun of by someone because you collect dolls ? if yes what did you do to shut him/her up ?
Only my ex. One of the reason's he's my ex.

>have you ever been looked badly by a mad mom who wanted that doll for his daughter but you got it first ?
Nope, never.

>how do you feel and what do you do when you buy a doll online and it comes with wonky eyes or bad make up ?
In that case I buy the same doll in person from a store, do a switcheroo and return the wonky one.

No, but I wanted to the moment I saw the Hat Tastic line.

I can't choose, there are literally so many. SDCc Wydowna and Cerise are pretty special though.

Ehh... probably Alistair, Bunny and Faybelle because they are so budget. I don't like the create a monster or inner monster dolls either.
>>
>>5638302
>>what do your parents and friends think of your collection did they accept it or they still complain ?

My mom is the one who initially encouraged me to get "monster dolls" because they looked cool and different (she liked Skelita) but now she teases me when I buy them, probably because I have so many now that I can't display them all at once. Some of my friends like them but others just chide me for having a "doll problem."

>>did you ever run in a store towards someone who doest'n mind his buisness and ask you why do you buy dolls ? and what did you say ?

Sort of? I have had a few parents ask me if I can tell them about the dolls because their kids wanted them and they didn't know which ones to get or they've asked if I can explain the appeal.

>>have you ever been harrassed or made fun of by someone because you collect dolls ? if yes what did you do to shut him/her up ?

Some of my friends have teased me or implied that I'm wasting my money by buying dolls. I just tell them that I like collecting things and they make me happy.

>>have you ever been looked badly by a mad mom who wanted that doll for his daughter but you got it first ?

No. A few times I've given up dolls to kids.

>>how dou you feel and what do you do when you buy a doll online and it comes with wonky eyes or bad make up ?

Annoyed, return it.

>>did you ever buy a whole line in one go ? if yes which one was it ?

Only once: the Freak du Chic line.

>>you favorite MH and EAH doll

Freak du Chic Honey Swamp, Dragon Games Poppy

>>your most hated MH and EAH doll

Amanita Nightshide, the bathing suit line
>>
they think it's kinda creepy
they think the dolls are ugly and look like prostitutes

tell them it's a gift for my little sister

Yes
tell them that doll design is a kind of art
that common people can't understand

Not yet

>how dou you feel and what do you do when you buy a doll online and it comes with wonky eyes or bad make up ?
try to buy another one in a store give the wonky doll to child if i can

nope

Catrine Demew, Abbey, Elisabbat, Catty Noir, Rochelle Goyle, Twyla, Catty Noir, Honey Swamp, Casta,CA Cupid

Apple White, Raven Queen, Duchess Swan, Rosabella beauty, spring unsprung Kitty Cheshire

Amenita Nightshade (the character is funny but i don't like its design), male dolls in general

Blondie Locks, Ashlyn Ella, Farrah Goodfairy, the O'hair twins
>>
I'm a grown up and don't care what other people think. Most of my friends also collect some kind of toy so no one cares.

No, but I ran into a little old lady who saw me looking and raved about how much she loved them and how MH had such a positive message for kids.

No.

No, but I did grab something that someone was on the phone with an employee over. "Yeah, we have one in stock but I can't hold it.
Not anymore you don't.

>how dou you feel and what do you do when you buy a doll online and it comes with wonky eyes or bad make up ? If I can return it I will. If not I give it to my niece.

Nah, I try to just buy one per paycheck. I did buy a bunch of wave 1 EAHs when Amazon had them super cheap though.

MH: Rochelle, Twyla and Frankie
EAH: Duchess, Raven and Darling

MH: I just hate the ones without the arm joints
EAH: Blondie. Her hair is just waaay too yellow. I wish they'd make it a more natural blonde.
>>
File: yukispraaaaay.jpg (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
yukispraaaaay.jpg
74 KB, 1280x720
>>5638456
I am still itching for a goddamn Tengu with a huge nose, but I know Mattel's idea of "huge nose" will be average sized compared to the tiny, dainty nostrils that MH dolls all have. Alas.

I honestly don't know why they went with a Japanese ghost for Haunted beyond wanting to name a monster after one of their staff members at this point. They could have really saved the first for something cool.

Pun unrelated, I half-hoped for a yuki onna (since some folklore counts her as the ghost of a dead winter traveller, complete with lack of footprints and feet), but that's probably too close in style to poor Abbey.
>>
>>5638302
>what do your parents and friends think?
My dad thinks they're weird, but doesn't mind so long as they keep me happy. Which is cool, since I don't live with him and haven't in some time.

Still, last year, we were going through some really rough shit, and we talked about it. He went doll hunting with me one afternoon. We used to go Treasure Hunting for HotWheels when I was younger, and he said that the afternoon made him nostalgic. He still thinks they're weird, but it gave him an idea of why I enjoy them.

I mentioned my sister-in-law in the last thread, who thinks that they'll invite evil spirits into her house if I get any for her daughter. She thinks our house is haunted, actually. Though she thought it was haunted before I started collecting.

>did you ever run in a store towards someone who doesn't mind his business and ask you why do you buy dolls?
They usually ask if I want a gift receipt and I just cheerfully tell them not to waste the paper. That's it, though.

>have you ever been harassed or made fun of by someone because you collect dolls?
Other than the occasional troll on toy? No.

>have you ever been looked badly by a mad parent who wanted that doll for their daughter but you got it first?
Ah, nope? But generally, if I notice a kid taking an interest in a doll I'm looking at, I'll offer them first dibs. I mean, I can go to another store and find the doll there if I want to. That kid might not have the same opportunity.

>how do you feel and what do you do when you buy a doll online and it comes with wonky eyes or bad make up?
If it's terrible? Really bad? Custom bait. If it's just a bit wonky, meh. I'm not fussed.

>did you ever buy a whole line in one go?
I've never *seen* a whole line in one place at one time, so no.

GNO Rochelle or Venus
Spring Unsprung Lizzie

Any of the reboot or moulded-bodice-just-for-kids dolls. They really rustle my jimmies.
>>
File: Catrine DeMew.jpg (16 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Catrine DeMew.jpg
16 KB, 450x450
>>5638302
My parents don't know. I keep my only 2 dolls hidden away. Most of my friends don't mind, but not all of them know.
On a semi-related note, I did bought a few MLP:FiM figures, but my parents didn't mind thinking the show was kind-of like Harvey Birdman and that's why people liked it now.

No, I buy online only, they're usually WAY cheaper than buying in actual stores here. Although other times, the shipping evens the price from what I've browsed.

No.

No, so far I've bought online only.

Haven't had that experience. Yet.

No.

The 2 ones I own, Picture Day Draculaura and Catrine DeMew, they're super cute. Also, while not a doll but a cartoon, I like the anime version of Lagoona for being so adoribly silly.
As for EAH, it hasn't picked my interest. MH picked my interest because I really like the classic Universal monsters.

So far I don't hate any.

>>5639134
>I mentioned my sister-in-law in the last thread
Oh hey, I remember you from the previous thread.
>>
>>5639114
>Abbey.

What happened to her anyway? I haven't hear or see anything about her for a long time by now. Maybe I wasn't paying attention...
>>
>>5639308
Her dolls come and go pretty quick. Her last release was Geek Shriek for dolls, but she also is on the list for those new minifig things, so she'll probably get another new doll soon. I half-expected a winter line, following on the heels of EAH Epic Winter. But. Nope.

Her "story" is probably next in the line of character-based movies after (Haunted = Spectra, Great Scarrier Reef = Lagoona), I'd guess.

>>5639307
Yo. That's me a'right. Saw you got your Catrine safely, planning any new buys yet?
>>
File: MHA.png (1 MB, 1269x702) Image search: [Google]
MHA.png
1 MB, 1269x702
>>5639339
Right now my budget is rather tight, but if by June things get better, I wanna try get Picture Day Lagoona, since I saw her for cheap (10 bucks, just like my Draculaura), the Picture Day clothing is adorable and I absolutely love her almost-parodical characterization in the anime. Moisture~ Moisture~
>>
this is the ballet line that everyone was excited for - holly, briar, and apple. molded tops. $5.
>>
>>5639462
closer look at holly and apple
>>
File: 1436589375788.jpg (34 KB, 700x714) Image search: [Google]
1436589375788.jpg
34 KB, 700x714
>>5639462
>>5639582
>ballet line
>no Duchess
Besides that, these are severely disappointing.
>>
>>5639339
>Her "story" is probably next in the line of character-based movies
Are they still going to do those movies? I figured with the reboot, Shriekwrecked was going to be the next movie.
>>
>>5639462
>>5639582
>>5639594
>no Duchess
>shitty, low-quality dolls

But hey, at least they're priced to match their shitty, low-quality construction and gimmick. Ew.

>>5639599
They've had other movies not focusing around a specific character's past, so I don't see why the concepts have to be mutually exclusive in production.

Shriek Wrecked is next, but the plot isn't really known from what I've seen. Could be some kind of story about Rochelle getting over her (valid) fear of water? Welcome to Monster High is slated for after that, I believe, to really usher in the reboot. So that might change things, depending on whether Abbey shows up.
>>
>>5639582

At least their new faces look adorable and less bloated. At $5 I can justify getting one just to swap heads with one of the previous dolls.
>>
>>5633601
Count Fabulous is still part of the reboot?
That's good, I was worried they were planning on making the pet changes permanent.
>>
>>5639599
i thought shriekwrecked was part of the webisodes, like gloom n bloom
>>
>>5639462
>>5639582
>no justine
>no duchess
>no faybelle
it's like they didn't even try. like these are probably part of the dolls meant for the toddler age group but still.
>>
>>5640078
Because Duchess, Justine are not the main characters and don't sell well because one is a bitch and the other is black
>>
>>5640078
>Mattel
>try
kek
>>
>>5640083
Justine just came out so that's debatable. And like the other anon said, the fact that it's probably for 4 year olds is a better indication.
>>
>>5640078
>>5640083
>>5640093
>apple the blonde princess
>briar the pink princess
>holly the long hair princess
they have all their bases covered, honestly. but even if that was the case that duchess doesn't sell well, she's still a dancer character as is justine. it's not unrealistic to expect to see them in a simple line called "ballet".
>>
>>5639462
Damn, Mattel. Even your crappy newer ballet Barbie dolls look nicer than this.
>>
File: 71ax8zTB7dL._SL1338_.jpg (126 KB, 606x695) Image search: [Google]
71ax8zTB7dL._SL1338_.jpg
126 KB, 606x695
guys need some help !!! who should i get first from these dolls , can get only 2 for now
>>
>>5640611
the two headed thing and the doll with the magic wand
>>
>>5640611
If the two head girl masturbates, does that count as masturbation?

Also, if one of her heads gives a blowjob, does the other taste the cock as well?
>>
File: abby-brittney.jpg (15 KB, 276x200) Image search: [Google]
abby-brittney.jpg
15 KB, 276x200
>>5640611
>>
>>5639462
>>5639582
They nearly all share the same head and face, except Apple of course. Other then the winter line and new basic characters- anything else they will be putting out?
>>
>>5639839
Apparently the spider in the trailer is Draculaura's first pet before Count Fabulous came along.
>>
>>5640761
Both heads have completely different personalities, so probably not. I'd imagine it would be annoying as hell.

"Dammit Peri, tell whoever you're sucking off to stop slapping his balls on my face! I'm trying to sleep!"
>>
File: tumblr_o3ixyw4Qm81saq70co1_1280.jpg (368 KB, 1280x1072) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3ixyw4Qm81saq70co1_1280.jpg
368 KB, 1280x1072
Which one do you prefer?
>>
>>5641168
Jillian is the best of the newbie bunch.
>>
>>5641168
Between Jillian and Nina. Meeshell disappoints me because I love her look from the waist up, but Mattel gave her a hideous skirt and shoes.
>>
File: 5vHSU3T.png (138 KB, 295x295) Image search: [Google]
5vHSU3T.png
138 KB, 295x295
>>5639594
Duchess is a serious ballerina. She'd never be seen in this BS.
>>
File: 1444081088506.jpg (26 KB, 459x360) Image search: [Google]
1444081088506.jpg
26 KB, 459x360
>>5640761
pic related
>>5640611
peri+pearl and justine
>>
>>5641168
J I L L I A N
I
L
L
I
A
N
>>
>>5641262
i think part of it is that her outfit in DG is gorgeous but to translate that to an actual outfit for her signature doll just made the clothes lumpy and stuff.
>>
>>5640611
Batsy and Melody, they're easily the cutest. Just be careful finding a Batsy whose face paint is centered, took me ages to find a decent one.
>>
>>5640611
Batsy and Elissabat for maximum interchangeable outfit pieces.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (22 KB, 319x445) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
22 KB, 319x445
I don't know if this is old news, but Australian Big W has some pictures of the latest Mega Bloks wave. Lagoona and Ghoulia in fearleading gear, a generic Clawdeen and Lorna.
>>
>>5641168
Jillian and Nina. I am assmad that Daring will have those fucking molded pants and shoes.
>>
>>5640263
Um, you do realize that the Ballet Barbie you posted is in a whole different price category and target age group, right?
Not to say that the cheapest, most "for little kids" ballet Barbies aren't better looking than the EAH ones.
>>
>>5639751
Don't do it friend, unless you want to keep the hair up in that bun. It's going to be very thinly rooted for 5 bucks.
>>
>>5634533
>filename
>>
>>5642429
Yeah, the file name still doesn't have a name on this guy.
>>
>>5642834
Google the file name
Anymore spoon feeding and you'll choke
>>
So we should be seeing the SDCC dolls be revealed this month. Who do you think it'll be this year?

I'm guessing either Andy Beast, Gory Fangtell or Johnny Spirit, or some special version of one of the new signature dolls, like the monochrome version of Frankie from back in the day.
>>
>>5643200
I'm hoping it's a Gory and Bram 2pack.
>>
>>5642954
you spent 10x the amount of effort crying in text form than you would have just writing the name out. Idiot.
>>
>>5643212
not them but in the time it took you to write three posts complaining, you could have typed the file name into google already.
>>
>>5643200
hmmm
>MH
i really want a queen-esque cleo, i'd love to see it
>EAH
white knight darling and chase redford
>>
>>5643200
I'd love for it to be Andy or Johnny

>>5643264
>white knight darling and chase redford
These two or Ramona would be fantastic
>>
File: kilave.png (1 MB, 1200x711) Image search: [Google]
kilave.png
1 MB, 1200x711
>>5638456
Okay, so here's Kiyomi in ME Lala's outfit, and ME Lala in Kiyomi's outfit. The pinks aren't as egregious as I remembered, but they're still a bit off from one another. Anyway, cute. Photos taken on my phone under warm incandescent bulbs. It's sadly too cloudy for nice natural light today. Alas.

I left their hair accessories and Kiyomi's bracelet as-is because the combs are rubberbanded on, but also so you can see the difference in the pinks side by side.

Also including a (blurry, past) photo of Grown-up Venus in the collage (GnB Venus on Casta's body) with Briar's sig stock to show how it fits on a Big Sister body. EAH dolls' clothes fit nicely on the Big Sister body (not as loose as regular MH bodies), but they're short. I'm going to make little tulle skirt to match the black ruffles, because the skirt is dangerously close to crotch-viewing. The shoulder piece is also pretty tight, but stays put.
>>
File: frankiecleo.jpg (411 KB, 894x1280) Image search: [Google]
frankiecleo.jpg
411 KB, 894x1280
The new basic dolls have been sighted in stores.

http://frozensunset.tumblr.com/post/143743708830/the-basic-reboot-frankie-and-cleo-i-picked-up

Here's what new Cleo looks like under her clothes.
>>
>>5644386
I know that's bandages, but she kinda looks like a burn victim...
>>
>>5644386
i like cleo's eyes and like i get what they were trying to do with the bandages but those look awful
>>
>>5634089
Werecats, Iris, Gilda, certain Clawdeens and many CAMs.
>>
>>5644646
>Gilda
there's another doll we'll never see again
>>
> what do your parents and friends think?

I'm soon 25, I live with my boyfriend who also collects toys, figures and shit and a dear friend of mine bought me my first MH doll (hi, ruu), so basically nobody gives a shit, thinks it's fun or has the same hobby.

My parents don't care at all, they just go "ok honey" if I tell them I bought a cyclops doll aimed for little girls, my bf tries to pose them with his figures and we hunt dolls together with my friend.
Feels good, man.

>someone ask you why do you buy dolls ?

I don't think anyone has? Most of my friends collect similar things so it's all good. I haven't been talking about collecting MH at work though, mainly because I know no one would be interested to hear me gush about them and my response "why" would just be "because I'm an adult and I can collect whatever the fuck I want".

>have you ever been harrassed?

Not harrassed per ce. Some people I know have muttered from under their breath how immature my hobby is or snarked jokingly but soooo rarely I don't remember when. Plus they're nerds too so who are they to say.

>mad mom who wanted that doll for his daughter ?

Only two (ice and slime girl) of my MH dolls have I bought new. I alwats buy second hand from other collectors as they try to make more shelf room so I never have to make a kid cry or laugh at a mom.

>wonky eyes or bad make up ?

As said above, I buy second hand mostly just because I hate "mail surprise fuckups" so what I see is what I get.

Nope, but I'd like every CAM doll + the extra parts, every werecat or the exchange student line, please.

>favorite

1st wawe and CdF Clawdeen, all werecats (esp Catrine and Toralei), Iris, Gilda, Wydowna, CAM: Three-eyed ghoul, Snake girl and Slime girl...

>most hated

Moucedes, Astra and that moth from Booyork Booyork (only hate the faceups, those wonky eyes ewww), CAM: Bee girl and Vampire, oh and the first moth...
>>
File: large.jpg (18 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
18 KB, 500x281
>>5644654
Anon, too soon.
>cry_cosdontownher_yet.jpg
>>
>>5644386
Ewwww Cleo
>>
>>5644386
Can't wait for the new basic werecats
>>
>>5643744
>Ramona
Nah man, Ramona will probably be a basic later down the line.
>>
>>5643744
>>5645204
as much as i would love to see a SDCC ramona mainly because i feel like it would do her outfit justice, i don't want to have to shell out that much money for her first doll. my bets are on her being with the second half of 2016 release characters
>>
>>5644386
>Frankie's neck bolts are the same color as her skin now
Congrats, Mattel. Now you are Hasbro.
>>
>>5645204
>>5645222
Let's just hope that a) the line doesn't fully collapse by then and b) they don't cheap out on her outfit like they have for some of the other recent basics like Melody.
>>
File: melody.jpg (104 KB, 629x344) Image search: [Google]
melody.jpg
104 KB, 629x344
>>5645259
I'm kind of hoping Melody gets a dj station playset, they could do a party line to go with it.
>>
>>5643912
Lala looks fantastic in that purple.
>>
File: 1462254347624.jpg (2 MB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
1462254347624.jpg
2 MB, 2048x2048
What about MH/EAH characters that SHOULD be made to dolls?

How about these fucking cuties, but guess with softened gen2 look I can only dream. I've seen customs but they suck mostly.
>>
>>5645836
guys doll don't sell well
little girls prefer girls dolls
>>
>>5644386
Cleo's skin looking like [spoiler] that one girl's who cut herself ages ago [/spoiler]
>>
>>5643912

Awesome. Kiyomi looks a lot brighter and Japanese in that getup. Damn damn damn. Off to ebay I guess.
>>
>>5645836
>pharoah/catty 2pack
that and johnny
otherwise i don't see the rest of those even making it to the shelves
>>
File: latest.jpg (55 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
55 KB, 640x360
>>5645836
I need a Johnny Spirit doll yesterday.
Also, would like a Bram and Gory set.
>>
>>5643912
Do you think you could take a picture of them with their belts switched? I'm curious as to how that would go.
>>
>>5644386
These look like bootlegs, Jesus Christ Mattel...
>>
I have two questions! First of all, I just got my first two dolls yesterday, Scarah Screams ghoul fair and Lorna McNessie (I was choosing between several but they were on sale and I'm poor)
First question, Scarashs arm joints are a bit loose? Is this normal? Can you fix it? Not bothered by it too much, just curious
Secondly, I want to customize them a little (in the future I might paint their faces, but I want to practice on maybe some cheap doll heads first so I don't ruin them), so I'm gonna make some clothes for them.
Does anyone know any sites that have good patterns for that size? Or have anything saved? I searched around but I only found a russian site (not so easy to read the instructions) and things you needed to pay for.
>>
Newfag to this board here,
Ive loved these dolls ever since they came out, but at the time I was too old for family members to gift them without shaming me, and too young to buy them with my own money. Once I actually got a job, I forgot all about them.
Now I just want to dive head first into the world of these beautiful Monster Girls, but I just don't know diddly squat.
Should I watch the show? Is there a place online where I can look at all of them?
Help me submerse myself into Monster children, /toy/.
>>
>>5646614
>arm joints
my justine and my isi have the same issue. you might be able to fix it but i've never attempted this
>patterns
if you check the EAH and MH tags on tumblr, some people post their patterns for their clothes. i know haunte couture sells theirs but i have seen a few free basic patterns around there
>>
File: 1444871312345.jpg (73 KB, 525x558) Image search: [Google]
1444871312345.jpg
73 KB, 525x558
>>5646628
the monster high youtube has all the webisodes and i believe most of the movies are on netflix. if you go to the MH wiki, each character has a gallery of what lines they've been in as well as images.
>>
>>5645836
You have a case for Pharoah, Johnny and Romulus, but Eyera and the literal whos don't have a chance.
>>
>>5646403
>that time Cupidca had an invisible body male doll
>everyone thinks it's Johnny Spirit
>JK! It's a shittier body for Invisi Billy!, says Mattel
>>
>>5646672
I wouldn't even give Romulus that much credit, I honestly forgot who he was until you said his name.
>>
File: Catrine DeMew2.jpg (32 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
Catrine DeMew2.jpg
32 KB, 453x604
>>5646628
All the webisodes are in Mattel's official YouTube.
YouTube also has 6 japanese/anime webisodes subbed.

The movies, most of them are in netflix like >>5646632 mentioned, however if you dont have an account, there's also torrents.
>>
>>5646628
The actual Monster High website has all of the characters that have dolls out listed. Personally once you find a character you like, google what the different lines they've been in are. Just make sure you shop around, as some of the older ones can run a little pricey. Good luck anon!
>>
How often do you comb your dolls and with what?

I dont do it regularily but I use a small doll brush to carefully brush their hair.
>>
>>5647426
i have a little pile of the MH and EAH brushes, i do soft gentle brushes through the hair starting at the ends and working my way up. that way their style stays intact and their hair get detangled
>>
>>5646410
I already swapped them back to their original outfits, but if I get the chance this coming weekend, I'll try and get you a photo, anon.
>>
So I'm thinking about rerooting some Barbie and MH dolls hair. Which type of hair is the best to get?
>>
>>5648039
There's not really a "best" option overall. It depends on the fibre type that has colour you like, and the other characteristics you want, really. Nylon, saran and (doll) kanekalon are all common. Different ones have different pros and cons to them (nylon has the most vibrant shades, saran holds curl and styles the best, kanekalon and saran are also generally the "silkiest").

Just make sure you don't get human wig fibres by mistake, because they won't ever lay properly.
>>
I bought Lagoona Mermaid the other day and I don't know if it's missing any pieces.

It came with the doll wearing her blue crop top, pink necklace thing going down her torso, pink frill things, wings and tail fin.

Is it meant to have something extra? Accessories, a brush or something?
>>
>>5648309
Nope. No loose accessories, no brush, and no stand (since the fins open so she can stand on her own).
>>
>>5646031
I know that...? One can always hope or is no fun allowed?
>>
>>5648500
Hope away, anon. Hoodude, Valentine and Manny all made it to SDCC. It's likely another manster will this year.
>>
>>5648436
Thanks. I was really concerned I'd have to take it back and exchange it.
Lagoona's all but disappeared from the shops near me.
>>
>>5648508
Thanks, anon. There are still so many characters that have already appeared in webisodes/movies that have huge potential to become more important and a possible doll.
>>
>>5646955

The MH channel on Youtube was a mess last I saw it. They added like 10 different language versions and it was hard to ID the English ones and the order. Not sure if it's still that bad?

I use kisscartoon.me now. They have the episodes arranged by the books in order and they've got all the netflix movies.

I suggest you google the release order of the books (flash episodes) and the movies and watch them accordingly.
>>
>>5646631
Thanks! Checked out haunte couture, but $10 for a pattern feels a bit too much for me (atleast atm)
Glad to hear that the joint problem isn't really a problem
>>
>>5648508
>Valentine

I'm glad he got the SDCC treatment since he's better quality.
>>
>>5648065
Nylon and Kanekalon holds a curl the best, Saran is only good for silky straight hair.
Basically Nylon and Kanekalon is best for shorter hair styles since they respond to heat much better (but they also tangle worse due to holding shapes really well) as all as curls and over styled hair while Saran is best for long silky straight hair since it doesnt tangle as much and the fact it's fucking shit for curls.

Also Nylon tends to have the thickest hair fibre while Kanekalon tends to be the thinnest. Most people generally avoid Kanekalon since it's so fine it breaks easily and dries out.
>>
File: Lizzie_SU_doll2.jpg (179 KB, 580x1284) Image search: [Google]
Lizzie_SU_doll2.jpg
179 KB, 580x1284
>>5638302

my dad thinks its a little weird that i still like it after high school, but he doesnt really mind. no one else seems to mind, and my partner thinks
it sucks i cant display all of them at our place.

the only times anyone ever says anything is if we're both on the aisle and looking or at the register sometimes they make comments, but just saying they're cute or w/e

a couple of my friends think its weird/silly/creepy, but i just dont bring it up often. if its not pointed out, they just ignore it.

i dont have too big of a collection, just 30-something, and im generally nocturnal, so i dont really encounter anyone at the stores much

no, but was tempted with all the signature/original lines and a couple other small ones.

ive recently decided frankie had became my universal favorite since starting, and i only have original kitty cheshire, but i'd like a lizzie and maddie. maybe the other wonderlandians.

i dont really hate any of them, but the guy dolls look kinda meh in comparison.
>>
>>5645836
i need a seth doll so bad, and romulus would be fantastic.
>>
>>5649236
I've found the saran I bought curls really well and that kanekalon requires a higher heat/falls out faster, maybe the person I bought from mixed up their fibre types?

I ended up scrapping the kanekalon samples I'd bought because of that.
>>
Anyone here make clothes or accessories for their dolls?
Sometimes when I cant stand the plastic belt on an outfit I make a new one out of ribbon.
>>
>>5648065
What fibe does Mattel use on EAH and MH dolls? I like the hair on Honey and Freak de chic Rochelle alot. I want something that is already curly though.

>>5647426
Every month. I use rat tailed combs and the brushes that come with the dolls. I also wash and condition the hair as well.
>>
>>5650154
Most MH dolls use saran, but a few (usually Ghoulia, Venus, and Spectra) have kanekalon.
>>
>>5650401
I have a few Ghoulias and two Spectras so it's nice to know the fiber each doll uses.
>>
>>5638302
My parents don't really care. They're pretty fine with my toy hobby and my love of Halloween. My mom was even nice enough to buy me a Halloween blanket when I was in the hospital.

I have other family that thinks anything unusual is weird. Even things like my teacup collection seems odd to my Mother-in-law and said my Halloween stuff was ugly. The woman can have a million pair of shoes but she thinks my small teacup collection is weird. I just don't bother showing her stuff like my Monster High dolls.
>>
>>5650026
I've been thinking of making Iris a proper rope headband because of this reason. I love how her printed shirt and everything looks but then PLASTIC DREAMCATCHER just irks me.
>>
So Mattel posted this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5p0S_HeOGc

Live Action? EAH Crossover? Is this some cancelled project or what we're getting after Welcome to Monster High?
>>
>>5653460
I don't like cartoons of the franchise they're so cheap
Only 5 years old can enjoy them
>>
>>5653460
this has bad idea written all over it
>>
>>5653460
I would prefer them do stop motion with the dolls like 'Robot chicken' does.
>>5653558
Live action anything made from a kid's toy line is usually a bad idea.
>>
File: wolfmom.png (163 KB, 540x326) Image search: [Google]
wolfmom.png
163 KB, 540x326
A little glimpse of Clawdeen in the upcoming movie, and her mother.
>>
>>5657699
Would and would.
>>
>>5657699
god, i love the new animations, that's probably one of the best things about the reboot
>>
>>5657699
Looks a lot like the same South Korean studio that does Miraculous Ladybug.
>>
Would anyone by chance have a Bloom and Gloom Cleo for sale or trade, or know where to get one for a reasonable price? I missed out on her last year and I really want to get her. It seems like she was only in stores for like two months last year, and my target didn't have her when everyone else said they had her on clearance.
>>
>>5644386
Is it just me or are they a bit thicker?
>>
>>5657840
I also got that vibe, But I think the actual animation won't be as good as ML. Very similar style though.
>>
File: oboy.jpg (82 KB, 446x260) Image search: [Google]
oboy.jpg
82 KB, 446x260
>>5657699
>>
>>5657699
BTW, have they "officially" explained why Clawdeen isn't looking for a boyfriend? I remember hearing she would have an official word on this topic in some coming novel or something.
>>
>>5658284
i thought they talked about it in one of the movies or webisodes because i remember they were trying to find her someone and she got really annoyed
>>
File: tumblr_o6k538pqY31ql9tmjo9_1280.jpg (440 KB, 846x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6k538pqY31ql9tmjo9_1280.jpg
440 KB, 846x1280
>>5658082
They're about the same size, but less sway-backed. Their boobs are also less pointy. Someone did a body comparison between MH, MH2.0 and EAH.

The legs/arms are a bit thicker, but the rest of the torso is about the same. Just not as curved.
>>
File: tumblr_o6k538pqY31ql9tmjo8_1280.jpg (444 KB, 894x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6k538pqY31ql9tmjo8_1280.jpg
444 KB, 894x1280
>>5658082
Comparison photo #2
>>
>>5658284
She's a strong independent black woman who don't need no man. That or she's a dyke. Either works for me.
>>
>>5658804
She has a softball themed doll. It's definitely the latter.
>>
>>5658311
In er.......ghouls rule I think it was tackled? The movie OP's pic is from. Draculaura tried to hook her up but it just annoyed her because she doesn't wanna rush things and she wants her friends to respect she can be happy without needin' no man.
>>
>>5658719
>>5658722

Big head dolls I prefer Barbie

Why these dolls have a big head?
It's ridiculous
>>
>>5658722
Why get they rid of the elbow joint but not the knee joint though?
>>
>>5659116
The elbow and wrist joints for MH detach, but the knees don't. The logic is that these new moulds are for a younger audience who would lose the hands and forearms.

They also swapped to the sturdier style of knee that EAH uses (apparently, these aren't my photos).
>>
>>5657699
The only saving grace in the reboot so far is the movies, I just hope Frankie still has her traditional hairstyle, the images I saw had some different style that didn't look right and I'm hoping it's temporary.
>>
Mattel is going to reveal the SDCC doll on Friday 13th, and it seems to be related to Ghostbusters.

https://twitter.com/MonsterHigh/status/729695889661435905

Neat idea but, wouldn't the whole idea of what the Ghostbusters are be somewhat at odds with Monster High's whole friendly monster aesthetic?
>>
>>5659354
IF they still had Ghoulia - it could work - she's a fan girl of different things and ghostbusters might work with her.
>>
File: newwhisp.jpg (111 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
newwhisp.jpg
111 KB, 640x640
It looks like we might be getting I Love Fashion Whisp.
>>
>>5659206

What is with kids and losing MH arms? I've been hunting down spare parts lately and there are a ton of armless MH dolls on ebay. How the heck are kids playing with these??
>>
>>5659410
It's real.

http://www.toysrus.es/category/index.jsp?categoryId=9040511
>>
File: IMG_0574.jpg (158 KB, 1506x996) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0574.jpg
158 KB, 1506x996
Slimer or Stay-Puft themed ghoul?
>>
>>5659568
STAY-PUFT MONSTER WAIFU.

But aww man that means there won't be a Gory-Bram exclusive.
>>
File: e23.jpg (91 KB, 786x1016) Image search: [Google]
e23.jpg
91 KB, 786x1016
>>5659578
god bless rule 63.
>>
Honestly speaking though, if the SDCC exclusive turns out to be a monster cosplaying the Ghostbusters, I will gladly skip on this one.
>>
>>5659354
>>5659358
>>5659568
yeah a lot of people are predicting a ghostbusters themed doll or a spectra/ghoulia doll
>>5659586
yeah like i mean it would be cute but it seems gimmicky
>>
File: moanica.jpg (546 KB, 1700x1700) Image search: [Google]
moanica.jpg
546 KB, 1700x1700
Moanica and her vagina bag are getting a single doll release as well as the 2-pack with Draculaura.
>>
>>5659770
>that box
nina has the same style box too, there's another fuck you from mattel
>>
>>5659586
>>5659582
>>5659568

I actually discovered that the jumpsuit from that retro series Janine Mattel made will fit a MH body quite well. Too bad I lost the pics of it. You'll need a small shirt or something because the thing stretches up a bit over the shoulders, and it can't use the MH waist stands. I actually took a spare stand and modded the back end of the + clip to fit inside the proton pack though. Can't really hold the proton gun without rubber bands though.

But that at least looked glassic GB. This will be that awful reedun movie shit.
>>
>>5659892
>there's another fuck you from mattel
I'm out of the loop, how so?
>>
>>5659900
Mattel can do no right, apparently.

Which makes me wonder why people buy their stuff so much if all they do is bitch about how Mattel sucks. Funny enough, no matter how much you idiots gripe about it, the fact you buy it anyway means Mattel doesn't have to listen to you.
>>
>>5659905
yeah buddy, no one was talking to you so fuck off
>>5659900
in the official photos for nina thumbell for EAH, they show a new style of box that's similar to how barbie is packaged with the backing of the box being slightly bigger than the plastic case. this means that people who open the boxes but put them back together to keep them for collection/storage/reselling purposes won't be able to do that and if they do, it won't be easy. that same style is on moanica's box
>>
>>5659900
Here's what >>5659925 was talking about.
>>
>>5659925
>yeah buddy, no one was talking to you so fuck off

It's an open forum. Either deal with it, or YOU fuck off.
>>
File: wat.gif (274 KB, 333x209) Image search: [Google]
wat.gif
274 KB, 333x209
>mfw every day this fandom becomes more and more like the Transformers fandom
We even have a Mattel Defense Force.
>>
>>5659931
>let me stick my shitty two cents in when it's completely irrelevant
you sound like the kind of kid who went "I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you!"
>>
File: 1456460359905.png (53 KB, 196x190) Image search: [Google]
1456460359905.png
53 KB, 196x190
>>5659905
>it's your own fault for buying it
>mattel doesn't have to listen to the people who buy their products
Incredible
>>
>>5659938
>implying some people aren't on this company for literally nothing.

go read an OAFE Mattel review. Yo go retard literally cries over every point, but he'll give Hasbro a free pass for the same shit. Case in point, his new review over MOTU minis.. He claims they're bad because

1) they're priced $20 for a pack of two 2" figures. This is a legit complaint.

2) the initial SDCC set was 3" tall making them not to scale with Hasbro's Transformers/GI Joe/Marvel Heroes lines. Crap complaint. And yet he' snot even reviewing that set, he's reviewing the new retail set which is 2" yet he gripes anyway.

3) They don't have ball joints, even though the Hasbro Heroes like he spanks off to so much didn't have them either. Oh wait, MOTU minis do have ball jointed heads, a step above Heroes, yet they still suck in his eyes. Crap complaint.

Every Mattel review he does is this shit, why does he keep buying their stuff if he hates them so bad?

Again, open forum, deal with it or you fuck off.
>>
>>5659413
My guess? Baby hamhands. The joints are sturdy enough, but with rough play, I imagine they could snap a couple of pegs taking them off and putting them back on again.
>>
>>5659568
Have a feeling with teh thunderbolts it's going to be Frankie. Though who has orange as their official colors?
>>5659578
Damn, it this was what it was - i would buy three.
>>5659686
It feels extremely gimmicky.
>>5659770
Her catty face is lovely to me now.
>>5659410
This better hit the US - cause i love her coloring.
>>
>>5660561
Toralei has a lot of orange and red. Venus sometimes. Casta. Howleen.

Part of me hopes it's a new character entirely though. Some backgrounder or something.

As for Whisp: it's a TRU exclusive, it'll definitely hit the US. I just worry it won't make it to Australia for months. We still don't have the Fierce Rockers exclusives, and I'm scared they won't get sold here at all.
>>
File: 1395446993035.gif (2 MB, 217x217) Image search: [Google]
1395446993035.gif
2 MB, 217x217
>tfw you missed out on Finnegan Wake and have to resort to ebay.
>tfw he arrives and it's the international version
Fuck my life
>>
>>5660712
As someone who wasn't exactly keen for the Finn ...

What's the difference between the international and domestic versions? Is it a China vs. Indonesia factory thing again?
>>
>>5660782
The diary only has one page of info repeated in a bunch of different languages. May not be a big deal to others but I really like them and was super bummed about not getting the nifty little story.
>>
>>5660824
Ahhhh, okay.
>>
i can't remember if it was confirmed in the other thread but those leaked pictures of the fashion packs were confirmed to be for cleo, ari, lagoona, and spectra
>>
>>5659410
Whisp has the same hair style as Geek shriek Gigi !?!?
>>
>>5659410
i like that they do this with the SDCC dolls, like iris and wydowna and now whisp. makes them a bit more available for anyone who wasn't able to get them
>>
>>5659410
I wonder if she'll have that smoke trail lower body.
>>
>>5661772
Unlikely. But it'd be cool.
>>
File: tumblr_o6zi1cn1hU1saq70co1_540.jpg (72 KB, 540x538) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6zi1cn1hU1saq70co1_540.jpg
72 KB, 540x538
so... the EAH doll for SDCC is Cedar and she has been got by the guy who gets all the new prototypes and stuff

she looks HORRIFYING
>>
>>5662521
for that ONE collector with a tiny rectangularly shaped dick.
>>
>>5662521
>she looks HORRIFYING
Agreed! But then again, she is supposed to be a puppet. They're all creepy.
>>
>>5662521
>pinnochio cedar
that's actually really clever but she looks terrifying. puppets are terrifying but still, terrifying
>>
File: kill_it_with_fire.gif (1 MB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
kill_it_with_fire.gif
1 MB, 256x192
>>5662521
>It helps she is made out of wood.
>>
>>5662521
Get it away get it away
Seriously though who thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>5662521
Looks like I'm getting neither the MH or the EAH doll at this rate.
>>
>>5662521
I'm guessing she has a thing in the back of her head which makes her mouth open and close no?
>>
>>5662857
Please tell me that's so because I will have her mouth permanently closed.
>>
File: Bane_breaks_Batman.png (318 KB, 300x452) Image search: [Google]
Bane_breaks_Batman.png
318 KB, 300x452
>>5662521
can't belive nobody likes her i always wanted a creepy EAH doll , oh well tastes are tastes , but seriously im so mad/pissed/salty right now that i wanna get a hold on the people who made this fucking SDCC limited only bullshit and BREAK THEIR SPINE WITH MY BARE HANDS !!!! ........... i WANT her DAMMIT , and FUCK to all those bitches who charge 200$ for a piece of plastic #SaltynessOverloaded
>>
>>5660824
You do know the full diaries get transcribed on the MH Wikia sooner or later, right?
>>
>>5663563
If you're asking about Finn's, his is already up there. And usually, as soon as they come out it gets transcribed I've noticed. Like Kala's and Peri and Pearl's were super quick.
>>
>>5663563
I do but I get all autistic about having a physical copy.
>>
>>5663289
By now you should know when it is the prime time to buy these dolls without getting assrape prices.

I can already tell that Cedar won't be as successful as Cerise Wolf. Evil Queen Raven is still in very very obtainable prices.
>>
>>5658284
There's a book where the main six ghouls reveal facts about themselves, and Clawdeen admits she has pretty high standard for a potential boyfriend. She'd also like to date someone who's into fashion like she is.
>>
File: wolfshoes.jpg (300 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
wolfshoes.jpg
300 KB, 750x750
Loads of new shoes showing up on Taobao, Some of these are already confirmed for upcoming Signature/Welcome to Monster High dolls, but there are a few new ones.

http://evrything-and-nothing.tumblr.com/post/144202494334/i-found-those-shoes-on-taobao-the-character-hun

http://evrything-and-nothing.tumblr.com/post/144202833179/new-shoes-mold-i-foun-on-taobao-omg-im-so

http://evrything-and-nothing.tumblr.com/post/144203295584/you-cant-stop-me-now-taobao-you-ve-got-my
>>
>>5663289
i mean i won't lie she is creepy but i like the idea of seeing what the girls look like for their stories like REA apple. it's pinnochio cedar and she's pretty cute to me. puppets are creepy in general though.
>>
Frankie? Or Scarah?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.