[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Greatest Star Wars Figures/Toylines
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 15
File: pilot gear obi.jpg (260 KB, 403x545) Image search: [Google]
pilot gear obi.jpg
260 KB, 403x545
ITT: post your age and your opinion on which Star Wars 3.75" figure and toyline is the GOAT

Pic related. Can't decide on a single greatest line, though
>>
The Vintage Collection Magnaguard is awesome.
>>
>>5631897
As is Vintage Grievous, for that matter.
>>
>>5631897

I wish someone would make a 6-7" update of them
>>
>>5631897

> Looks like a cool post-apoc robot kinda thing
> Now really want one
> £30 on Ebay
>>
File: IMG_20160413_122643.jpg (981 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160413_122643.jpg
981 KB, 2592x1944
>20
>I'm a sucker for Clones, but when I was younger I was pretty damn fond of my Darth Vader (Came with a medallion and a plastic 'Ben Kenobi' robe)
>Favourite now would have to be either my Phase 1 Clone or Shocktrooper
Every convention I'm on the lookout for 3.75 clones at non-rape prices
>>
>>5631903
Still bugged he hasn't been put in the Black Series yet (It's like Hasbro hates money), hopefully that Disney Store Grievous scales nicely
>>
>>5631903
For some reason mine has really soft legs and can't stand up well. I also have the Legacy Collection one which is the same mold but he has no problem standing up...
>>
>>5633275
>hopefully that Disney Store Grievous scales nicely

If you're referring to the die cast 'Elite series' Grievous, don't bother. He's dogshit. Just wait for the figuarts.
>>
Anyone know how much a CW44 Ahsoka goes for? I have one loose, but missing the game card and her stand. I'm thinking about trading it someone since I just got Vintage Collection Ahsoka. And the only references on price for her are carded on ebay.
>>
>>5631861
This thread will not end well.....
>>
File: BUCKET_BOTTLE_BOSSK.jpg (172 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
BUCKET_BOTTLE_BOSSK.jpg
172 KB, 1024x768
>>5634140

>>Vintage Collection Ahsoka

Lucky anon, I hope it didn't cost you too much

Vintage Collection and the various Saga legends before the cut back had some damn nice Star Wars figures.

Any figure of Bossk from any SW toyline seems to be a solid figure.
>>
>>5631861

3.75" is the absolute GOAT. I have no interest towards 6 inch at all.

fave lines are TVC, 30TAC, TLC and I wish they'd properly establish Black Series 3.75" with more TVC repacks and maybe retools for previously forgotten figures like Shaak Ti

I want to see more of the skinnier clone body that was introduced in TVC and I think moving forward, complementary Jedi robes should be mandatory for all Jedi. I don't have any actual hopes for the future of 3.75" though, I've mostly just resorted to digging through already released shit that I've missed. It's pretty challenging trying to find the stuff you need at non-meme prices.

Fave 3.75" right now is hard to pick, but I really love TVC Kit Fisto. It looks insanely good.
>>
>>5635530
>>>Vintage Collection Ahsoka
Not him but I actually found that one a couple of months ago for a mere 10 euros, locally

insane luck t b h, and I really love the figure. The detail is incredible. Really re-ignited my love for 3.75"
>>
>>5635539
unpunched card as well

but I opened it
>>
>>5635541
>but I opened it

I certainly hope so. Who doesn't open toys?
>>
>>5635558
people who keep them in boxes have told me they prefer the way they look inside the plastic shell and the card. I don't get it either, but I do understand if you don't want to throw away the card itself.

I even saw a guy who kept vehicles inside the box because he just liked the box. Didn't even take toy out.
>>
Anyone have the Mafex Stormtrooper? I have the Mafex Vader and think it's pretty cool, but I want more troopers. Right now I have the model kit, and the two Black Series (one is the Shocktrooper) and am looking to expand.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>5635558
Oh anon you would hate me. That's just one tote
>>
>>5637935

>>Dat Shaak Ti

Boomshakalaka!
>>
>>5634140
I'd say a loose CW44 is a good $50-60. I don't think the missing card or stand is going to matter because most people throw those in a drawer or the trash anyway.

So, uh...what are you looking to trade for?
>>
>>5637998
Yeah I'm sad that I only got her from that line. I really wanted the Solo kids and K'kruhk
>>
>>5636017
>>5635558
>People still don't understand this style of collecting / preserving vs. opening.
But then you want your figures to be mint when you buy them used.
Man, some of you are going to kick yourselves when you grow up and look at the prices sealed figures (that you had and opened) go for.
>>
>>5636017
At that point why not just take a cardboard box and tape the picture of it onto it.
>>5638966
Because some people enjoy the hobby for the actual items and not the money you can make off of it, and it's not like that anymore anyway, you won't be making a huge profit for holding onto unopened figures these days
>>
>>5637935

Fuck I miss the 3.75 lines, I know we still have Black Series but they seem to be coming out at a snails pace.
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>5639127
Dude the old stuff even before TVC was pretty good. As for the new Black Series, I've actually picked up Kylo and the new ST but I think it may be impossible to find Phasma. Hasbro just fucked it all up.
>>
>>5639555
I love the 30th Anniversary Collection. So many cool figures. Great sculpts and paint apps. I even love the coins.

I just bought the cantina aliens Elis Heltot and Miiyoon Onith(know I misspelled that) and they come with awesome bar pieces and stools. So good.
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>5631861
Honestly I love the 30th anniversary figures. Tho I have to say The Black Series started off so good. Hate that it's become what it is.
>>
>>5639606
>dat Asajj
Did they ever make another 'life like looking version of her in that scale? I ended up buying the Clone Wars cartoon version. The CW Durge figure was awesome.
>>
>>5639616
Yeah in a two pack with Tol Skorr I believe. I have that somewhere in another tote.
>>
>>5631861
The Vintage line I think is the best 3.75" line. It's too bad for me I didn't realize that till all the cool characters got figures made. All I could find in stores were the shelf-warmers.
>>
OP here. Interesting seeing everyone's opinions.

I think the single best pre-TVC line is either TAC or Legacy. TVC was just the pinnacle of 3.75 scale, though.
>>
Does anyone have the new 6 inch Luke from A New Hope? I'm wondering if he can be headswapped with other figures like Marvel Legends pizza party Spider-man.
>>
If we're talking just figures in general, then I'd have to say Figuarts so far has given me everything I ever wanted (except a decent Vader) from a Star Wars line so far.

Just a great balance of sculpt, engineering, materials, articulation and paint. My only issue is the 'Japan-only' nature of the line thanks to Hasbro's stranglehold on the property, it's made getting hold of things like the Scout Biker a very expensive proposition.
>>
>>5639616
>>5639620
I had one from a 2006 Battle Pack, came with a CW Yavin Anakin, Obi-Wan in removable clone armor, Grievous and Yoda.
>>
>>5642730
Oh yeah that big pack. Were they realistic looking or did hey have the cartoon look to them?
>>
>>5642910
It was realistic. But I think just a repaint of the one in the pic posted here, was more white/black rather than grey.
>>
Has any toy line ever released smaller star wars action figures? I want a TIE Fighter pilot small enough to fit in the US TIE Fighter from Lego. Any ideas?
>>
File: 20160501_173623_resized.jpg (1 MB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
20160501_173623_resized.jpg
1 MB, 2656x1494
>>5639606
>SWBin-anon
You and your goddamn bins...this is becoming laughable.
>>
>>5642730
I have that one. Loved that pack, though I'm glad I was able to upgrade clone armor Obi-Wan, as I think that's his coolest look.
>>
>>5642966
Doubt that there were smaller ones, at least not poseable. 3 Inch seems like the smallest anyone ever does, smaller and you get to plastic army men bin territory.
>>
File: 1414027178053.jpg (28 KB, 397x346) Image search: [Google]
1414027178053.jpg
28 KB, 397x346
>>5631861
Bandai Model kits are the best value by far
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>5643086
Bins I don't have. Totes. Totes are what I have
>>
File: IG-86.jpg (244 KB, 1352x1160) Image search: [Google]
IG-86.jpg
244 KB, 1352x1160
>28
IG-86 is one of my favorites. He's fun to pose. Has a few flaws, but I never owned a flawless 3.75" Star Wars figure.
>>
>>5631903
my vc grievous is missing his chest pieces, which upsets me greatly. also, since i got him 4 years ago, his torso isn't attached to his lower body, they didn't put it together properly i guess. i also put thin pipe cleaners in his cape to give it articulation
>>
>>5639555
this

they actually made cooler stuff before TVC save for the 2 waves at the end that were impossible to find
>>
All I want are figures of the core characters I care about, built to the standards of Figmas or similar Japanese figures. I'd have no problem paying Figma prices for them, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Why is this too much to ask for?
>>
File: 20160308_005834.jpg (55 KB, 732x760) Image search: [Google]
20160308_005834.jpg
55 KB, 732x760
>>5655096
Stick robot is so good.
>>
>>5650219
so you prefer how they look inside the package?
>>
Ya'll don't do any appraising in these threads or anything, do you?

I recently moved into an old apartment and there was a wealth of Star Wars ships with figures in them. Wondering if they're worth anything.

I can post pictures, just wanted to gauge before I presumed.
>>
Really want some sideshow clone troopers but theyre hard to find and even more so for a reasonable price.
>>
>>5659544
An Apartment that came with free stuff? You lucky basterd
>>
>>5659544

Post some pictures man, Star Wars figures can go from worthless to being holy grails.

A few months back I found out the Darth Talon i'd found at a flea market was worth around £20, you can never tell which figures will be the rarest.
>>
>>5659257
Yeah. I plan on getting glass cases to display them. Need more space first.
>>
>>5650219
>>5639606
where are all your finn figures?
>>
>>5639651
Yup. TAC, Legacy, and TVC are the holy trinity. That was hands-down the best era to be into SW. We were getting into super-articulation as a standard, accessory overkill, there were a bunch of creative releases...Build a Droid! Concept figures!

How can you pick a favorite from three consecutive lines of solid gold?

Now it's just....sad. The Black Series is on its last legs, and they're not doing anything fun with the line. It's just..."hey, here's a couple of guys."
>>
>>5662952
concept art Anakin is great
>>
>>5642933
Actually it was a brand new figure, but it was probably the single worst Asajj ever released because of the terrible swivel elbows (which always made the arms fall off on mine) and the lack of articulation on the wrists/hands and the majority of the legs
>>
>Marvel inspired clone troopers
>commander thorn
>commander doom

thank fuck I didn't buy them, I was so close
>>
>>5634097
They all have this problem, helps if you hunch him
>>
>>5662952

Anyone got higher res photos of these posters? I remember there being one for the 30th anniversary line as well.

Makes me realize how good we had it with the 3.75 range, there's no way the 6 range will ever get such a large roster of obscure characters.
>>
I'm not very /toy/-wise, but I'd like another Grievous figure since the one I got is slowly comping apart.

Which one is good to get in forms of posability and material but doesn't cost several hundred dollars?
>>
>>5635558
When I was a kid I opened my toys but now that I've gotten back into collecting I don't open them.
>>
>>5669898
Well, it'd be weird if it were the other way around.

> Kid starts collecting toys but never opens them
> Adult starts collecting toys but this time actually plays with them to get lost childhood time back

Although I guess the latter happens if your family was poor growing up and finally as adult you can actually have toys.
>>
>>5669656
The Lego bionicle thing
>>
>>5670864
I open them, but obviously it's kind of hard to actually play with them. I have them on display and change their poses a lot as if they were mannequins in a clothing store or something
>>
>>5643156
Agreed, nobody has Kylo, I keep checking CDJapan and HLJ but nothing, Amazon does but he's 40 bucks there
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.