[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
figuarts when?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 11
File: Jyn Waifu.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Jyn Waifu.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
figuarts when?
>>
who is this?
>>
>>5596859
Probably from a new Star Wars.
>>
>>5596821
You knoe
>>
>>5596859
Main character of Rebel One, the Star Wars side story movie coming out later this year.
>>
>>5596882
>>5596862
damn I thought that was an april fools type fan film

Looks pretty terrible man.
>>
File: Kyle_katarn1.jpg (117 KB, 563x300) Image search: [Google]
Kyle_katarn1.jpg
117 KB, 563x300
>>5596821
>Jan Ors knockoff is main character
>Not Kyle "motherfucker" Katarn

All these female leads wouldn't even be that bad if they didn't have so eye-rollingly bad dialogue.
>>
File: 1431899372935.png (124 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1431899372935.png
124 KB, 500x282
>>5596821
>oh boy another strong woman
>>
>>5597017

Well, there's a guy that appears pretty frequently in the trailer that sorta looks like him. Maybe he'll be a Kyle expy. The dialog in the trailer is pretty bad though, so my hopes are low.

>>5596821

But in any case, I'd probably get a few of these if there was a helmeted alt head and this outfit.
>>
>>5597022
I wonder if she'll be a mary sue like rey
>>
>>5597250
She 100% will be but at least she's cute unlike Daisy "Fivehead" Ridley.
>>
>>5597278
I love when you faggots Have the same retarded opinions before the movies even out. It just shows how worthless those opinions really are.
>>
File: Bothan_Spy_-_SWGTCG.jpg (717 KB, 1066x1200) Image search: [Google]
Bothan_Spy_-_SWGTCG.jpg
717 KB, 1066x1200
>>5596821
Where the fuck were the Bothans?
>>
>>5597480
Hey, don't say f*****s. Resorting to hate speech just shows how worthless your opinion on opinions is.
>>
>>5597493
IIRC, Bothans were only for ROTJ Death Star II plans. Rogue One is set before ANH.
>>
>>5597017
>>Jan Ors knockoff is main character
and her name is Jyn Erso kek
>>
>>5597022
What's wrong? Don't like ovaReys or vaJyna?
>>
>>5597017
There's a guy in the trailer that looks like him. Maybe his name is Lyle Batarn.
>>
Another female lead? Look. I love Rey. I hate to be that guy, but this is now starting to reek of social justice desperation...
>>
>>5597724
The entire point of Gamergate was to let creators add what they want in movies, now that people are naturally adding women and faggots people are sounding just like men's right advocates and social justice warriors. A woman main character only means it's a woman main character. That is fucking it. They're not even minority's like us faggots so just fuck off.
>>
>8 films
>2 female leads

WHEN WILL THE INJUSTICE END!?!?!?
>>
>>5597751
>>5597756
Relax, that's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying it seems fishy, like it's forced. Maybe it's not, we'll probably never know. I'm still going to see it and I'm excited.
>>
>>5597751
>like us faggots
You're not welcome on christian boards, pls get out
>>
File: 1455901175686.jpg (209 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1455901175686.jpg
209 KB, 900x675
>>5597554
>>Jan Ors knockoff
>>Jyn Erso k

are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>5597724
>>5597751
>>5597756
>>5597769
Being 100% honest which side do you guys think will win? Right now it feels like security is whooping liberty, but they're starting to go full retard with the intersectional stuff. I just want to make sure I'm on the winning side.
>>
>>5597751
Why are you even bringing up Gamergate? Fuck off to /v/.

And GG wasn't even about movies...
>>
File: 1448661989864.jpg (28 KB, 605x454) Image search: [Google]
1448661989864.jpg
28 KB, 605x454
>>5597724
>being triggered by a fictional character
>>
>>5596882
>>5597724
okay. does she shoot a gun or wield a lightsaber?

:P
>>
>>5596821

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYyuo7gm-aQ
>>
>>5596821
When she looks like a real smuggler and not a fucking duel cattle prod wielding maniac!
>>
Jyn Erso just makes me laugh it's like Disney and lucasarts wanted to piss as many EU fanboys as possible Course she looks like what Kyle and Jans daughter would look and act like so theres that.

I think it's dumb to complain about the sex of a main character considering that this film is more of an team flick then anything but they focused on Jan to establish her Character for people, Her Handler, Forest Witlicker kung fu Asian and Commando Asian didn't have that much screen time and thats a shame if we're gonna do Burger King Kids Club 2k16 we need to show them as well.
>>
File: dddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.png (1 MB, 1082x972) Image search: [Google]
dddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.png
1 MB, 1082x972
Post yfw even though all the old characters haven't got good figures, most of them now never will as toy makers will need to keep up with the constant stream of new characters from having a new movie every year
>>
>>5597568

My "spidey-sense" is just going off the radar. She just feels like she's shoehorned in. It also doesn't help when the people making these new films say shit like "I didn't like that a lot of white auditioned for the role and felt I needed to add diversity".
>>
>>5597775
apparently no, they were not
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jyn_Erso
>>
>>5597906
I think it's more a worry that we'll get another star wars film that has a Do anything perfect at everything they do lead back to back.

A lot of people don't like Rey for those reasons and they don't want that in other movies.
>>
>>5597250
doubt it, judging by seeing her in imperial garb as well as working for the rebels and being a criminal she looks like she has a lot of flaws

another thing i am looking forward to in this movie is no jedi
>>
I NEED a figuarts of:

>Jyn
>Shadow trooper
>Imperial Guard
>some of the new troopers we see
>>
>>5597504
Ok faggot
>>
>>5596859
irebel
>>
>>5597769
>I'm just saying it seems fishy, like it's forced

Honestly, when would you say it doesn't seem forced?

>only male leads
Oh, that's fine, just natural, doesn't feel weird at all

>one female lead
Hurrdurr, do we really need this, weeh weeh, she's a Mary Sue (let's ignore that Luke is technically one too)

>two female leads
How dare they! This feels forced, just pondering, muh political correctness

As if having only male leads isn't "forced".
How can in a world, where half the population is female, people still complain when a movie has a female lead?
>>
>>5596821
Spoilers: it's rays mother
>>
>>5599072
>Luke is a mary sue

Every time you make this arguement you lose.

I shouldn't even reply to this crap, you are already disregarding all criticism of rey as sexism.
>>
>>5599233
True, since he's a guy he's a Gary Stu.
>>
>>5599237
He's neither.

Every time anyone has tried to make an argument of luke as a mary or gary stu it hasn't worked because he isn't one.
>>
>>5597022
this. I was scared back then that Rey gonna end up like her. it was a fucking relief that she was normal. but it seems like the lesson to disney was: more women, more afro.
>>
>>5596859
Eliza Dushku
>>
>>5599072
LoL, Luke wasn't a Mary Sue. He failed at few of the things he tried to do. Unlike Rey.
>>
>>5599157
You're an idiot
>>
>>5599072
>How can in a world, where half the population is female, people still complain when a movie has a female lead?
Because the world works differently than how you ignorantly view it really is.
The world isn't fair nor equal by nature's rules.
So when you have a skinny little Hollywood actress pretending to be some tough as shit terrorist, it's going to bother a lot of people.

There's a huge reason why people are more tolerant of a female lead or even female badass when they're in cartoons, because they can actually be portrayed accurately, if not because the suspension of belief is wider for animation.
>>
>>5598839
She has "badass" flaws.

Is it a character flaw when a character is just too cool for school?

>I rebel.
>>
>>5599765
It's a problem if it never bites you in the ass.

Being young and all FUCK YOU I REBEL like she acts would eventually lead to you getting a colossal smackdown.
>>
>>5599765
Since when was a rebel without a cause looked down upon you faggot?
>>
>>5599779
That's what I was saying.
>>
>>5599749
I'm having trouble understanding this image. Why is "injuries reducing life expectancy by more than five years" highlighted?
>>
It would be awesome if she actually did fuck over the rebels and join the Empire.

But it's probably just a disguise or she works for the Empire and is sent to infiltrate the rebellion and then becomes disgusted with their blowing up planet plans and joins for real.
>>
>>5599765
I thought the trailer was ffuckin awesome but man that line made me cringe hard. It was just so fucking YA Hunger Games-y
>>
>>5598956
}:^(
>>
>>5599833
because that's how much money they got for fracturing their hips for trying to march at the same pace as men.
>>
File: 051104.jpg (52 KB, 485x500) Image search: [Google]
051104.jpg
52 KB, 485x500
>>5599320
But we don't really know her yet?
Luke had three movies to establish a character, background, motivation.
Rey had one and people already act like that's all there is and ever will be about her.
You don't judge Luke just by his appearance in IV either, or do you?

It's the same with Rebel, all we got is a trailer and people already whine.
I'm really sure that if we had a male lead again people would go all "we need to wait, we haven't seen everything yet, he sure will turn out to be cool".

Some people just have their nostalgia goggles a bit to firm on their eyes.
>>
File: 1367807449904.jpg (72 KB, 791x994) Image search: [Google]
1367807449904.jpg
72 KB, 791x994
>>5596859

Another strong, independent woman.
>>
>>5600613
In Luke's first movie he was demontratably flawed and needed to have his life saved 4 times.

He was clearly in over his head but teamwork and guidance helped him through.

Rey didn't need help with a god damn thing all movie, and can automatically do things it took luke years of training to do.

There's a big difference, I'm sorry, but there is. Even if you cut it to just one movie each.
>>
>>5601699
To add, Luke started out flawed and had to learn and grow through his movies.

Rey started out perfect and is inexplicably force jesus 2.0 right off the bat and is just great at everything she does, right down to being able to understand a language she has no damn right knowing.
>>
Maybe she was trained a little bit before being abandoned on that planet. Then her mind was mostly wiped, which helps explain her fuzzy recollection of the event.
So basically, Jedi Bourne Identity.
>>
>>5602104
If this were true, the movie has a shit story, because you're supposed to establish these bits within the movie.
>>
>>5602120
Not when there's two more movies in the trilogy still to come. TFA was not a standalone movie.
>>
>>5602128
You really don't understand story.
You're supposed to hint and/or explain shit within the movie itself as to why they're capable of doing the shit they do.
A story has to have a beginning, middle, and an end. They're supposed to be stand alone, so without explaining or hinting at that shit within the movie, it's a bad story.
>>
>>5602157
Don't tell me what I understand you fuckwit, especially when you don't understand how a trilogy works. Things are set up to be answered in later movies. Isn't it past your bed time?
>>
>>5602104
>>5602128
It is actually pretty poor to not establish some reasoning behind things like this, in a first movie at least.

It is honestly a cop out.

Let alone that she was like 4 or 5 when she got dumped on that planet.

It'll feel like an extreme copout if that is the excuse later on.

>Oh don't worry, this toddler was more advanced in her jedi training than is reasonable. It's cool.
>>
>>5601699
>Rey didn't need help with a god damn thing all movie

Aside from leaving the shithole planet she was insistent on going back to for most of the movie? Taking out a couple of TIE fighters in a ship that is impossible to pilot and shoot at the same time? Fighting a wounded man who had knocked her ass out and could have easily killed her if no one else had been around at the time? Actually getting OFF of the self-destructing doomsday weapon-planet?

I don't argue that she was a bit too good too quickly in a few things, like the mind trick scene, but she would not have been able to get out of most of the situations she was in without the assistance of someone else. Hell, she wouldn't have even been in any of those situations, period. She would have been wasting away in her dead-end scavenging job in an oversized sandbox in the middle of nowhere.

Allegorically speaking, where Luke was the kid from a small town who dreamed of finally leaving home and moving to the big city, Rey is the neurotic twenty-something who still lives at home and still works the same retail job they've had since before they graduated. Where the biggest thing holding Luke back at first was his family, the biggest thing holding Rey back was herself.
>>
>>5602240
>Aside from leaving the shithole planet she was insistent on going back to for most of the movie?

She flew the falcon off planet.

>Taking out a couple of TIE fighters in a ship that is impossible to pilot and shoot at the same time?

When she outpiloted lifelong trained pilots in an unfamiliar ship, and enabled finn to be able to do anything?

What she actually needed help with was getting off the starkiller base.

Rey's whole family struggle was finished with almost no conflict. She had one conversation with maz, ran off, and it's over.

Contrast with luke who needed to have his life saved four fucking times in the first movie alone and constantly got in over his head and then needed years to do any goddamn thing close to what she does.

She gets jumped on jakku, beats them with ease. She needs to escape, flies the falcon like a complete expert. Needs to fix a problem on the falcon, she knows exactly how. On a strange ship while her friend is getting dragged away by a monster, instantly knows how to stop it with the ship's systems. Gets kidnapped by Kylo and he tries to read her mind, he can't cause she beats him. She is held prisoner, pulls force power out of her ass. Needs to hide in an unfamiliar base? Don't worry, she knows exactly where to go. Has to fight kylo ren with a lightsaber? Don't worry, she can do it, worst comes to worst she closes her eyes for 8 seconds and then smashes him like a toddler.

Next to luke, "I'm gonna get my ass in shit I can't deal with every 8 seconds" skywalker she's fucking jame's bond.
>>
>>5602240
A problem with Rey is she invalidates what were roles other cast members filled to flesh out a team.

Han was the pilot and rough and tumble guy.

Rey is that in the movie.

When they needed to access computers quickly they used their droid.

Rey is that in this movie.

She's the poor desert kid pilot rogue engineer computer person jedi.

They really can't let other characters contribute in fields they clearly fit in or could occupy?
>>
File: stormtrooper duck.png (496 KB, 599x600) Image search: [Google]
stormtrooper duck.png
496 KB, 599x600
>>5602184
Geez, sure is overly sensitive summermovie lover. Did you also defend Bayformers with this level of stupidity?
>>5602270
>>5602289
TFA actually makes me appreciate the prequels. Better designs, better story, and isn't just a rehash of ANH with worse characters and story. So far I've only bought one figure from the movie and that's because Kylo Ren is a good generic Darth Whatever design. Oh, and the Snowtrooper. Much better than the stupid ducktroopers the movie is filled with. I really hope they ditch that stupid design for the sequels.
To be fair, I also didn't like the early Clone Trooper designs.
>>
>>5597769
It's all about being PC these days.. I'm honestly surprised she's not a nigger.
>>
>>5602965
I'm honestly surprised you're offended oh wait you escaped the containment board, "if it ain't white it aint' right" or some shit.
>>
>>5602505
I enjoy everything you hate. Can't wait for Star Wars VIII to drive that rage in you to a stroke. :)
>>
It really doesn't matter what gender your man charter is when they all are portrayed as wooden plot points
>>
>>5596859
The new Rey from star wars 8, duh
>>
>>5602505

>Liking the prequels for ANY reason

lol
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.