[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /toy/ I'm going on a trip to the land of soy sauce
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: japan-flag-map.jpg (69 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
japan-flag-map.jpg
69 KB, 900x675
Hello /toy/ I'm going on a trip to the land of soy sauce and mothra!
My trip will be in the Hyōgo prefecture (Osaka, Kobe Kyoto) area. Google is rad but does anyone have some good toy/hobby shops or other things I should check out? I'm not spending any/much time in Tokyo or akihabara :'(
>>
>>5587897
>Hello /toy/ I'm going on a trip to the land of soy sauce and mothra!
Fuck off.
Seriously. Fuck off.
>>
Yeah OP, if you want help it's probably best you don't insult the people you're trying to help.
>>
>>5587918
I mean insult the people you want help from. You know what I mean. Dickhead.
>>
File: 1431775939419.jpg (172 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1431775939419.jpg
172 KB, 800x800
>>5587906
>dat mad
sounds like someone's stuck in the land of hamburgers and grotesquely obese women
>>
>>5587920
Everywhere?
>>
>>5587906
Sorry I insulted your waifu...?
>>
>>5587919
I actually have no idea who I insulted or how lol. I'm a nerd who likes Japan, I wouldn't go if I wasnt... But there are some sensitive weebs on this board
>>
File: 1334181798267.jpg (56 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
1334181798267.jpg
56 KB, 640x426
>>5587926
Has the entire world America'ed itself to death?
>>
In all likelihood you'll be overwhelmed by all the options in front of you,spaz out,and end up buying an overpriced semi-statue from the mid 2000's instead of anything good. Then you'll come here and ask us to ID it for you.
>>
>>5587938
Maybe... But probably not I have a nice collection of eccentric things. I don't really have a Grail per se I like lots of different toy lines. I'm more interested in neat places to check out. Of course you can find the most popular shops/arcades on google but just like in your city sometimes the most popular isn't the best.
>>
File: fCMH383.jpg (557 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
fCMH383.jpg
557 KB, 1632x1224
>>5587897
Lucky bastard.

I know people hate reddit for whatever reason, but this list is the best for everything you want:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimeFigures/comments/2tfo64/community_guide_to_shopping_for_anime_goods_in/
>>
>>5587906
>not recognizing a Book of Mormon lyric

Man up, boy.
>>
>>5587897
Prepare to be somewhat disappointed.
>>
>>5587897
DenDenTown in Osaka is what you're after.
>>
>>5587897
go to dotonbori in osaka.
mandarake grand chaos is the best.
>>
Why are people always posting stupid threads like this? Do they really think they can buy things there they can't buy online or for cheaper? Are people really this retarded?
>>
>>5587897
I just came back from there. There's a Animate in Osaka, and a bunch of shops to check out on a street adjacent to that. .. Don't recall what was in Kyoto desu.
>>
Unless it's a figure from Japan it's pretty pointless to buy anything. You can almost always find it on EBay or Amazon for cheaper in the U.S.

For instance they wanted $70 for a spider Gwen build a figure and $100 for the Star Wars shock trooper.
>>
>>5588411
Even if it IS Japanese, you can still sometimes get it cheaper online from the US.
Eg I got SH Figuarts Harley Quinn from a US seller for $50. Here in Tokyo I've seen her in stores twice, both for over 9000yen ($80).
>>
>>5588716
That's because one was exclusive, and the other was standard.
>>
File: 6714034-3x2-700x467.png (245 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
6714034-3x2-700x467.png
245 KB, 700x467
>>5588718
Well I can't find either of them in Tokyo can I ya dopey cunt.
>>
>>5588362
Are you mad or something?
I came back a few days ago from japan and a lot of things can be easily found for cheaper. Got a lot of stuff for cheaper and some stuff that I would definetly never find online.
>>
I live in Osaka
Like others already suggested, Mandarake Grand Chaos in Amemura, and Nipponbashi which is the little Akihabara in Osaka.
They're a bit distant, but it should be a 20 minutes walk between the two.

There is also another Mandarake, in Umeda, but yeah..it's a bit too far from Nipponbashi and not worth the bother, imo.
>>
>>5588397
Why single out Animate? It's one of the least interesting stores in Nipponbashi except for the fact that it seems only girls shop there. Expensive too.
>>
>>5587897
Step onto a train platform and hug an oncoming train. Akihabara is in Tokyo, you stupid fuck, you might as well say "I wont be spending time in Tokyo or Tokyo tehe" dumb cunt.
>>
>>5588753
highlight of that place would be JUNGLE
fuck yeah jungle.

all my love.
>>
>>5588873
Omg I will commit Sudoku! I'm.sorry I dishonored you senpai! Yes akihabara is in Tokyo, but Tokyo is vast and there are other places that sell toys other than just akihabara. Fuck you weebs are sensitive... I understand why most Japanese shit is banned here now.
>>
>>5588873
>i won't be spending much time in Universal City
>i won't be spending much time in La Jolla
>I won't be spending much time in Brooklyn
>I won't be spending much time in Harlem
anal asspies gonna be angry
>>
In osaka, niponbashi. Otherwise referred to as den den town, or the akiba of the west.

Also, dotonbori in osaka for food. So goddammit good. It's a whole street of amazing food. Look for the van selling melon pan stuffed with ice cream, called world's second best or something. It's by an area with a lot of stalls normally.

Also, there's an okonomiyaki place there that's underneath a small ufo catcher arcade that is fucking great.
>>
>>5588362
I got back from japan abut a week ago. I got a lot of stuff there much cheaper than I could get it here.
>>
>>5588362
Yep I have the internet and I can buy anything I want. I can hunt usually for the price I want. But I want to go somewhere interesting. Experience things I haven't seen before. I don't need to buy anything I just want to go to a place that is neat. And look at the cool nerdy shit. If I buy something rad if I don't rad!
>>
>>5587952
Thanks that is a great resource!
>>5588115
Oh shit yea I saw some neat stuff I'm going thanks!>>5588177
Exactly what I'm after thank you!
>>5588753
Noice! Sounds like tiny nerd heaven!
>>5589898
I want to go to there! And eat that food. And try to win some shit!
>>
>>5588731
>>5588731
>>5589900
>Got a lot of stuff for cheaper and some stuff that I would definetly never find online.
>I got a lot of stuff there much cheaper than I could get it here.
No you didn't. You simply can't Google. What a bunch of idiots.
>>
>>5588910
jungle and the other one that's on the next corner are the best, honestly the prices in all the other shops are idiotic for the most part, especially if you can buy stuff from internet
>>
File: unit 04.jpg (28 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
unit 04.jpg
28 KB, 320x240
>>5590050
Ok then, find me a Revoltech EVA EVO Unit 04 for 2400 yen (shown in pic, and no, the 130 dollar box which includes another figure won't do, it has to be in this box) and the Limited Universal Studios Japan Exclusive (discussed in this thread >>5560084) for 5000 yen, obviously these prices should include shipping for ANYWHERE one may live. Both of them have to be new and sealed. If you find these ones you can go on and find the rest of the line for 3200 or less, shipping has to be included, since by buying there you clearly wouldn't pay it. If you don't reply I'll just assume you didn't find them.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.