[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone collect these Minecraft mini figures?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: s-l1000.jpg (152 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
152 KB, 1000x1000
Anyone collect these Minecraft mini figures?
>>
>>5583054
>minecraft
Go fuck yourself you autistic 8yr old walking tumor.
>>
>>5583066
Settle down /v/.
>>
File: IMG_0557.jpg (389 KB, 1296x968) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0557.jpg
389 KB, 1296x968
I have collected a few of the smaller, more articulate figures. I was planning on selling them after a few more decades, but I'm not sure how well they will sell by then.
>>
>>5583054
>Orange creeper
>Purple worm
Been a while since I played MC. Those are neat.
>>
At least it's not tube heroes.
>>
>>5583054
Super creeper, the blob and those bats look pretty neat, how big are these?

There're a couple here that look pretty good.

>>5583161
>buying toys with the intention to sell them a decade later

Mate, it's not worth it. Unless these came out in the 70's to 80's they're not going to be worth a thing as antique collectables and they aren't rad enough like toys from the 90's and early 00's to be wanted either.

These toys aren't even that rare/sought after today, there's a glut of them on the market since they appeal to kids who'd rather play games than with toys, almost only parents buy these.

Not saying that kind of thing could never pay off, but this is really not the toyline/franchise to do it in.
>>
>>5583208
Actually some toys released in the last five years can be worth a bit of money if you guess right. I mean, it's not really worth it to try and play the market, but NECA, DC Collectibles, and other collector lines can end up selling for two to three times more than they retailed for after a few years.
But these minecraft shits are clearancing hard. I think most of them are add-on items on Amazon now.

>>5583054
Those are kind of neat, might try and get my hands on the Enderman and the weird octopus thing under the spider.
>>
>>5583244
I have two of the octopus guy
>>
>>5583208
I stopped buying them after I lost interest in the game and I was planning on waiting more than a decade. You don't think that a 40 year old man in 2062 wouldn't see any value in collecting them?
>>
>>5583249
>You don't think that a 40 year old man in 2062 wouldn't see any value in collecting them?
There could be, but he wouldn't be paying more than you did on getting them off the shelves. Holding onto these for half a century won't give them any appreciation, they're just childrens toys based on a pretty shallow game.

These days unless it's something heavily collector focused, very well engineered, has great asthetics/kitsch value or just very limited and good, then there's no point in getting it just to sell later in the future, and even then it's still a huge gamble that nine times out of ten won't pay off and will just be a money sink.
>>
>>5583291
Well then it's a good thing I stopped when I did.
>>
>>5583054
I've seen them a lot at stores and always pass them up. One less thing to collect for me. They look pretty cool though and younger me would have loved them. I haven't played Minecraft in like 2 years and don't recognize a lot of those characters. Are they more recent?
>>
Creeper, Steve?, Red Sheep, Skeleton, Snow Golem, Horse (white), Enderman, Zombie Villager, Steve? (Diamond Armor), Black Sheep, Spider, Witch, Wolf, Pig, Cow, Cat, Alex, Slime, Iron Golem, Steve? (Gold Armor), Steve? (Iron Armor), Charged Cteeper, Zombie, Ocelot, Steve? in Minecart, Endermite, Zombie Pigman, Wither, Chicken, Steve? with TNT, Dog (sitting), Bats, Zombie (on Fire), Guardian, Zombie Horse, Pig with Saddle, Villager, Steve with Fishing Rod, Magma Cube, Silverfish, Cave Spider, Ghast, Wither Skeleton, Blaze, Mooshroom, Skeleton Horse, Zombie (Iron Armor), Squid, Steve? with Tools, Exploding Creeper, Spider Jockey.

Whew.
>>
>>5583054
Those minis are ridiculously expensive for their size. The blindboxes are near the price of a Funko Pop figure where I am.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.