[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am trying to find the patent for the Mattel Marauder. >pic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: m-16-marauder-mattel[1].gif (168 KB, 480x709) Image search: [Google]
m-16-marauder-mattel[1].gif
168 KB, 480x709
I am trying to find the patent for the Mattel Marauder.
>pic related

I believe it came out in the 1960s, and so far I have had zero leads in finding the patent.

So does any here have one, could you take a picture of the patent statement on the toy or just type it out?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, I need the patent you see to see about building an "updated" one.
>>
>>5579273
Children today will never know the joy of playing with toy guns.

I remember making a double barrel shotgun out of toilet paper tubes and duct tape, it had a cardbooard stock and I painted it to look like a real Remington.

Now it's a great way to get shot by police if you're a kid growing up in America.
>>
>>5579273
>1960's
I'm assuming you're looking to see if the patent has expired? Isn't it 50 years?

Anyway, they might not have patented the entire thing and just patented the manufacture process or the parts of it, so you might need to expand your search a bit. That's doubly true if it's mostly just an amalgamation of older bits with only one or two new pieces in it.
>>
File: 1958 Mattel ad.jpg (357 KB, 1000x1421) Image search: [Google]
1958 Mattel ad.jpg
357 KB, 1000x1421
Mattel gun thread?
>>
>>5579290
>Now it's a great way to get shot by police if you're a kid growing up in America.

You should be fine as long as you don't paint your face with boot polish.
>>
>>5579485
Top kek
>>
>>5579467
You're pretty good
>>
File: Tom Selleck.png (3 MB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
Tom Selleck.png
3 MB, 1920x1280
>>5579314
>you're looking to see if the patent has expired
It doesn't affect me one way or the other, I wouldn't be infringing on the patent even if it was still active. I just don't have access to one of these toy guns, so I was hoping to get accurate measurements from the patent.

When I said "updated" one, I meant something pretty different.

>>5579614
>>
>>5580079
Tom Selleck?
>>
File: Tom Selleck.jpg (26 KB, 450x640) Image search: [Google]
Tom Selleck.jpg
26 KB, 450x640
>>5580079
>>
I don't think it's possible to patent this unless they had some (very) unique mechanism or manufacturing process.

Even then, if they've haven't manufactured this in 20+ years, it's likely that they've just let whatever patents expire, thus it's not in any digital record.
>>
>>5580138
Well fuck.

I guess my best guess is to hope someone with one who will let me take accurate measurements. I only need to measure the outside lengths and widths.
>>
>>5579314
patents are generally 14 years, there are variations dependent upon filing date, patent type, and if an extension was filed, but for things other than pharmaceuticals, you can use 15 calendar years ago as a foolproof rule.

patents are not copyrights, they don't last forever (life + 70 years)
they are also not trademarks, they don't actually last forever (as long as in continued use)
>>
>>5580577
>I only need to measure the outside lengths and widths.

You mean the gun shell itself? Or the internals? If it's the outside, it just looks like an inaccurate M16, so you could just wing it.
>>
>>5582288
I do just mean the outside, I'm not sure "shell" is accurate though. I need to heave measurements from barrel tip to stock end, but also likely barrel length based on where the receiver is.

You see, I want to make a real gun that has the same exact measurements as this toy.
>>
BRAAAP
>>
>>5582308
>You see, I want to make a real gun that has the same exact measurements as this toy.

you want to make a gun based off a toy based of a gun? why?
>>
File: healthy burger.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
healthy burger.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>5583318
Why not?
>>
>>5583325
>>>/k/
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.