[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ATG/ - Aliexpress Toys General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 17
File: chinese-miku.jpg (43 KB, 498x447) Image search: [Google]
chinese-miku.jpg
43 KB, 498x447
Chinese Miku edition

>What is this?
Aliexpress is largest chinese e-commerce site owned by Alibaba and intended for western world to offer stuff. It's huge and there are many opportunities to buy or anime figures, gunplas or model kits for great price. Moreover, you can buy there figures which are rare, were limited edition or aren't sold anymore. On top of that, there is free shipping on every order, because sellers are subsided with low postal rates.

>/ATG/ FAQ and notable sellers:
http://pastebin.com/N2euK7st
>>
>>5569846
what the fuck is this shit? who wants a general for shitty bootlegs? go away
>>
>>5569846
That is not how that figure will arrive looking. All the images that don't look awful are stolen from genuine sellers on other sites
>>
>>5569874
this OP is definitely a chinese seller, the pastebin text is full of improper grammar and random praise for "chinamen"
>>
File: Justdoit.jpg (85 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Justdoit.jpg
85 KB, 1920x1080
>>5569846
Get that crap outta here.
>>
>>5569846
Only thing sites like this are good for are for buying totally off the wall bootlegs.
>>
File: dontyoubeleiveit.jpg (71 KB, 623x411) Image search: [Google]
dontyoubeleiveit.jpg
71 KB, 623x411
>>5569846
>there is free shipping on every order
>>
>>5569846
Nedos for 15 buck
I know they are going to look like literal shit.
>>
>>5571368
still better quality than funkos
>>
>visit China
>checkout some bootlegs
>set of three normal sized nendo with no articulation in a clear plastic bag
>20 yuan
>looks pretty shit but it's basically 3 dollars
Some of their bootlegs are truly magical
>>
>>5571398
At that price, they'd be good fodder for practicing customs.
>>
>>5571368
I bought Snow Miku for like 12 bucks last year there, and quality was decent, with just few barely visible moldlines and slightly different colour as real thing. Sold it later at eBay, buyer didn't complain.
>>
File: ko wall-e english is hard.jpg (86 KB, 750x560) Image search: [Google]
ko wall-e english is hard.jpg
86 KB, 750x560
>>5569846
Holy shit, that description is golden. If not a chingchong posting, OP makes for a very convincing impersonation.

Whatever. Write back when you yellow bastards start giving a damn about QC (obviously never)
>>
Funny thing is, all the overpriced garbage everyone here buys are made in China anyway.

Three A/ Zero? Made in China. Figma? Made in China. Black series Star Wars? Made in China. Barbie? China.

Overpaying to fill corporate faggot pockets.
>>
>>5571584
You've never compared in hand a bootleg to the original manufacturer made figure. The corporate run sweat shops have better QC, that (and the licensing fees) is why they cost more. But China is China and equipment gets pilfered, and companies putting in minimal effort running toys from molds well past their production cycles can still make a little profit from garbage results. Sometimes they do fine. Other times it's a complete mess. Sometimes the original manufacture fucks up too, but that's less likely and that's why more people stick with them.
>>
>>5571594
Neca Turtles, lol
>>
>>5571596
one of the very very few decent bootlegs out there but its not as if they are without flaw or are better than the originals at retail cost
>>
>>5571452
That's pretty much what aliexpress is actually good for, getting in cheap parts for customs.
>>
>>5571596
>Sometimes they do fine.
>>
File: honest item image.jpg (131 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
honest item image.jpg
131 KB, 800x800
I love it when they take their own photos.
>>
File: nendoroid-toradora-aliexpress.jpg (122 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
nendoroid-toradora-aliexpress.jpg
122 KB, 750x1000
>>5571584
Just like this anon says. Did any of you autist shitlords bought anything from China or you just whine, because your "original" dolls can be bought cheaper in other places? I collect both bootlegs and original Nendos, and at least Nendos from Aliexpress and Taobao are almost the same as from japanese stores. I even make some nice money by reselling it later at twice the price at eBay and MyFigureCollection (though I sometimes add that I'm selling a bootleg).

Maybe a few years ago quality was bad, but now there isn't much difference. In many cases those are the same figures and are even sold in original boxes with japanese (not chinese) characters. Picrel is Nendo Aisaka - bought from chinese "friends" for $14.50.
>>
>>5571618
Yeah me too, gives me a good chuckle whenever I see bootlegs awkwardly posed.
>>
>>5571719
They even included the GSC bonus!
>>
>>5571715
>I even make some nice money by reselling it later at twice the price at eBay and MyFigureCollection (though I sometimes add that I'm selling a bootleg)
>sometimes add that I'm selling a bootleg

Fuck anon, what kind of scum are you?
At least be honest that you sell bootleg shit and don't fuck others for a quick buck
>>
File: Redd.png (158 KB, 315x633) Image search: [Google]
Redd.png
158 KB, 315x633
>>5571724
This.
>I sometimes mention it's a counterfeit
Faggor.
>>
>>5571715
So you're not just a scalping piece of shit, you're a straight up lying piece of shit?
>>
>>5571603
They sell the figma archetype for 15 bucks, for a custom I will go for that, but If I want a real figure I prefer to support the original maker.
>>
How do you guys manage to trust bootleg figures? I'm a dollfag and I'm wary about fucking clothes and wigs from China.
>>
Funny how OP didn't even use a bootleg picture but one from the official Nendo blog.

>>5571847
Dollfag too, seeing recasts and the like getting more and more popular makes me hate the whole bootleg bullshit here even more.
Or faggots like this >>5571715 one who thinks it's cool to sell bootlegs without telling others about it.

But we are especially wary because we spend hundreds of dollars on the dolls and the clothes/wigs/eyes are usually more expensive than a Nendo.
I honestly don't get how people still try to save money on a 30$ figure, especially when it means the figure will look like shit.
10$ for a shit figure is still 10$ wasted.
>>
>>5571847
Most people don't, most are pretty dire in quality but that should come as no shock to you. That said some do have use as cheap fodder for custom figures and if it's something that appeals to a more monied audience in China there's a chance it'll recieve higher quality than normal bootlegs. Transformers are a great example of that as far as figures go, you get the usual cheap garbage figures at the lower end of course but the upper end of the quality scale reaches all the way to 'as good as the original' and can even go to 'earnestly tried to improve on the original' in some cases.
>>
File: BA63159lg.jpg (17 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
BA63159lg.jpg
17 KB, 500x500
Ive seen several Stage Act 4 knockoffs on Ali for ~2-3 Freedom Bucks.

Anyone have any experience with these? How good are they at holding their position? Peg/hole sizes consistent?

Been meaning to buy a couple and the price is not an issue, but I dont wanna deal with the shipping times if theyre not worth it.
>>
File: 7057_original.png (591 KB, 562x501) Image search: [Google]
7057_original.png
591 KB, 562x501
I got 2 pokemon things at aliexpress. They look and feel legit, too.
>>
>>5571721
im tempted to buy that just for the accessories
>>
File: smug alien penguin.png (72 KB, 224x215) Image search: [Google]
smug alien penguin.png
72 KB, 224x215
>>5569846
>Aliexpress is largest chinese e-commerce site owned by Alibaba

Are you sure it isn't owned by the forty thieves instead?
>>
>>5572163
That paintjob hurts
>>
>>5572179
You mean the wands/cards/wings? Since those doesn't have movable parts they''ll have less chance of breaking, if you are okey with subpar quality like spotty paint job then I say go for it

Although I would still say to buy the original since I'll have usable non derpy faceplates I can swap with the School Uniform version[spoiler]and I'm afraid of possible high lead content from bootlegs[/nospoilerontoy]
>>
File: Benijiro6.png (523 KB, 445x598) Image search: [Google]
Benijiro6.png
523 KB, 445x598
Ordered this garage kit on Aliexpress recently. Looking forward too it.
>>
>>5572232
at least he just paid spare change for it. eb games sells pokemons in a pokeball for 15 bucks here in kangarooland and the paint apps are basically the same as bootlegs.
>>
>>5571995
They're decent quality, the only difference I've noticed from the real thing is the parts are a bit rougher (like a badly cut model kit sprue) and the rods tend to have a lot of air bubbles in them. They hold their position well if you tighten the screws.
>>
File: jacksdogoku.jpg (140 KB, 1113x1200) Image search: [Google]
jacksdogoku.jpg
140 KB, 1113x1200
only thing I ever bought on aliexpress was pic related. price was good and the seller even messaged me to make sure I knew it was just the head sculpt. overall no complaints.
>>
>>5572280
Awww shieeet nigguh, you better post a fucking photo album when (and if) it arrives.
Got a link btw?
>>
Ordered a bootleg KAWS and some bootleg Coarse Omen's from Aliexpress.

very excited.
>>
>>5572240
if i ever find a bootleg in person, i hope i can get a good look at the angry face

also, do the wands separate at the bottom or do you have to force them into the hand?
>>
>>5572796
The latter.
>>
>>5571995
I bought several stands for Gundams and they are the same like original ones, holds model firm, apart for maybe some few air bubbles in clear plastic.
>>
>>5571368
I got a knockoff Reimu nendo a while back. It looks perfectly fine, no noticeable errors.

However, it falls apart the moment you touch it. The joints are absolute shit. I haven't reposed her in forever just because swapping the parts and getting them to actually stay in place is such a hassle.
>>
anyone have experience with the bootleg garchomp nendo?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.