[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stop-Motion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8
I just missed that stop-motion gif thread. Can we have a stop-motion thread? What's the simplest software/program/way to start baby's very first stop-motion?
>>
File: Pow.gif (1 MB, 376x480) Image search: [Google]
Pow.gif
1 MB, 376x480
Old OP here. My bad was supposed to attempt to keep that alive. Anyways I honestly just use windows movie maker and photoshop but I just make basic shit. If I need to do something a little more I use sony vegas.
>>
File: Kurisu thinking.gif (2 MB, 448x299) Image search: [Google]
Kurisu thinking.gif
2 MB, 448x299
>>5569166
Made this, with the help of some anon who fixed the framerate.
>>
>>5569166
That's excellent quality. More than enough for what I'd be doing - I'm probably gonna start with like ten frames of turning a figure's head back and forth, just see how it works.
>>
I used to make Doctor Who stop motion videos. They were really shitty, because I was about 9 and the camera was crap but I could probably do it all on my iphone now.

My thing is that the figures don't really allow much room to convey emotion, which restricts a fair bit of filmmaking techniques.
>>
>>5569196
That's pretty good. What program did you use?
>>
File: 1349979200107.jpg (71 KB, 930x720) Image search: [Google]
1349979200107.jpg
71 KB, 930x720
>>5569166
lol that's pretty amazing
>>
>>5570159
Dragonframe for the capture, Photoshop for making it a gif. Although I'm willing to bet you can make gifs in dragonframe somewhere.
>>
>>5570166
Did you pay for Dragonframe?
>>
>>5569166
Damn that's pretty good.
>>
>>5569065
>What's the simplest software/program/way to start baby's very first stop-motion?
VideoPad is good.
>>
File: cakeFict.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
cakeFict.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
Cake Fiction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeLzb8p3RKk&index=2&list=FLK0BJMXlh5TrNGs3jMiuc0g
>>
File: chef-says-okay_full.jpg (24 KB, 350x345) Image search: [Google]
chef-says-okay_full.jpg
24 KB, 350x345
>>5569166

I cant stop watching this. His fluid hand movement and face at the end haha
>>
I tried
https://youtu.be/vPqTzQgL7lk
>>
I've done this with my phone.
>>
>>5576238
That's not bad, I like the forward movement. What program did you use?
>>
can anyone recommend a affordable camera thats the same quality of these gifs posted? i dont have a phone that can take pictures or anything like that
>>
>>5569196
...oh my god, I think that might have been me? I have vague memories of this.
>>
>>5576750
Nope. It wasn't you. Don't try to take credit for other people's work.
>>
A few stupid question but here goes:

1) Can I just take photos with my DSLR as normal and link them together?

2) how many individual frames do I need per second for a relatively smooth motion?
>>
>>5577189
1. You can take photos with that and link them together, but use another application other than windows movie maker.

2. 12 frames per second is standard for stop motion and looks smooth
>>
>>5579128
Why no Windows Movie Maker? The guy said he did that excellent Bruce Lee gif with it.
>>
>>5579350
not him but usually windows movie maker is not very helpful for quick photo changes, the fastest you can put tend to give you a slow effect if you have too much frames.
something to note though is that you can make it more fluid if you do this
>export the animation as a video
>re-import it as a new project
>use the faster movement effect
webm related
but then the quality of the video will probably get worse, since you are processing an already processed thing. and other animation programs can give you better results and doesn't need to make this much hassle
i used to make stop motions with movie maker, and shit was a bit hard to make.
>>
>>5579128

Thanks anon.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.