[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Detective Comics Comics Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65
How are the Icons figures? They're dropping in price on Amazon.
>>
>No Nightwing
Pretty shit
>>
File: 2015-12-25 13.23.32.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-25 13.23.32.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>5563790
I love this line and I'm collecting every figure. Seriously.
>>
>>5563790
It isn't Disney Comics Comics?
>>
>>5563790

I've got Mr. Miracle. The paint and sculpt are nice but I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of waist and thigh swivel.
>>
>>5564305
that's the other one.
>>
>>5563790
They are short.
>>
>Black Adam before Captain Marvel
They're shit.
>>
I hope this line doesn't get trashed before making characters I actually want

They're shit, but they're the most articulated shit DCC has put out in a while
>>
File: Prestigious Award.jpg (28 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
Prestigious Award.jpg
28 KB, 409x409
>>5564301
>tacking box art to your wall
>>
the 6in Multiverse Batfleck is $11 on Amazon right now. Is it shit? Should I just stick with the Icons for $18?
>>
>>5564440
They look decent but they're a bit overpriced in a very poor market. I have a feeling they be gone by next year.
>>
>>5563790
I love the accessories: cosmic treadmill, Deadman's possession face, Kalax, etc.

The scale is too small for me from other DC six-inch lines but if I was starting fresh I'd probably be snagging these.
>>
>>5563790
Is Harley out yet? I honestly can't wait to hot glue the fuck out of her figure.
>>
File: review_bvsbatman_8.jpg (56 KB, 500x784) Image search: [Google]
review_bvsbatman_8.jpg
56 KB, 500x784
>>5564517
that batfleck looks awful m8.
>>
>>5564841
yeah it does, I'm just gonna go for the Icons
>>
>>5564544
>overpriced

How much is 'overpriced' to you?
>>
>>5564544
?
Most of them are hovering around 18 bucks on amazon. the deluxe figures around 23.

Latest Marvel Legends on amazon hovering around 20 with scalped figures like taskmaster going for 30.

Spidergwen is 36!

icons aren't being scalped yet so the price is stupid good.
>>
Just got this guy in the mail.. hes... actually pretty good for a DC Multiverse figure. His head sculpt is great. Comes with a shiny grapnel gun w/ holster.. all in all not a bad figure, considering it's Mattel. He's even got swivel joints on his hands!

You'd probably be better off getting the DC Collectibles version tho.
>>
>>5564866
Honestly, I think it IS the DCC version, I saw him in a TRU the other day and he's massive compared to Supes and Reverse Flash, so it feels as if they just slightly remolded/repainted the DCC version.
I'm not complaining though, I never got to see the gloved version of Bats from that around here.
>>
>>5564870
Hmm interesting. He does look greatly improved from other DCM figures.. I saw a comparison between the two and the only differences were the grapnel gen and a few shades difference on the paint. The DCM has swivel joint hands and the feet joints are different too... not like those couldn't be added on from a DCC base though. The paint apps on the DCM are also on point, not an error to be found from what I can see. That's not normal for the DCM line going off of some of the other figures I have.

TLDR you might actually be right.
>>
File: dcc-capullo-batman-front-f7867.jpg (519 KB, 900x1350) Image search: [Google]
dcc-capullo-batman-front-f7867.jpg
519 KB, 900x1350
>>5564870
Not sure if troll or poor eyesight..
>>
>>5564880
That's a different head sculpt I think. Also is it just me or is the head sculpt on the DCM actually better than this one? Here's a close up pic. Excuse the bat-dandruff.
>>
>>5564442
That's pretty...
tacky
>>
>>5563790
>They're dropping in price on Amazon.
still ~£20 for me
>>
>>5564849
You're taking that out of context. Many toy collectors are very poor so $10 would be overpriced to them. I think they're worth about as much as Marvel Legends. But my comic shop won't order them and I'm not about to order a case I'll have to give away the remainder of.

>>5564860
>icons aren't being scalped yet so the price is stupid good
$18 is dangerously close to wholesale and that's _before_ Amazon steals 20% of the transaction. That should be sending up red flags for retailers. That's why I don't expect them to go much further.
>>
>>5565228
they're not really sold to retailers besides comic shops. of course the lcs will mark it up a bit but the worst I saw at one of my shops was 22, the best 20.
>>
I'm going to be getting the Batgirl and motorcycle pack when it drops latter this year.
Aquaman, Harley, and Deadman are possibilities, but not 100%.
>>
File: DCC Batman vs Mattel.jpg (807 KB, 2561x2291) Image search: [Google]
DCC Batman vs Mattel.jpg
807 KB, 2561x2291
>>5564901
>>5564880
>>5564870
>>5564866
holy geez

How can you mistake DCC's stuff with Mattel's crap? The finish alone is a huge hint on who made it.

matte/semi-gloss > crappy high gloss
Then the style of the engineering is completely different.
>>
>>5565480
I know they look different, just pointing out that the head sculpt on the DCM appears to be better, going off of that pic. Haven't actually seen the DCC in person.
>>
File: year zero batman.jpg (171 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
year zero batman.jpg
171 KB, 1280x720
>>5565559
>year zero Batman that's comic book accurate less good than a more generic style
fucking DCasuals, just stick to synder and rockysready shit figures.
>>
>>5565743
God damn learn to read. I said the head sculpt looks better. The rest of the figure obviously looks worse than the DCC.

What is it with retards and superiority complexes?
>>
File: capullo batman head.jpg (57 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
capullo batman head.jpg
57 KB, 500x667
>>5565765
you're a laugh, considering the fact that I'm specifically calling you a DCasual for thinking that generic head is better than DCC's almost perfect Capullo figure.

The fucking head is almost always the most important part of someone's style!

Fucking read a comic book!
>>
>>5565931
>you're a laugh, considering the fact that I'm specifically calling you a DCasual for thinking that generic head is better than DCC's almost perfect Capullo figure.
>year zero Batman that's comic book accurate less good than a more generic style

You are literally autistic aren't you? That's the only reason why you would fail to properly communicate this hard.
>>
>>5564880
How are the hips on this figure?
>>
>>5564880
To be fair, the cape seems to be the same on the Multiverse and the DCC
>>
>>5565231
Plus online toy stores and toy show vendors. I saw an awful lot of new DCD/DCC stuff sit on vendor tables last year even at $10.
>>
>>5564841
why are his arms so short??
>>
>>5568188

HIS PARENTS ARE DEAAAAAAAAAAD
>>
>>5565952
>I said the head sculpt looks better.
>just pointing out that the head sculpt on the DCM appears to be better
I'm not really sure what I'm misreading, but i guess you don't care because you want to watch the bestest movie ever tonight.
Stick to only talking about movie toys.
>>
>>5569190
Just pointing out that your comment refers to the whole character, if you suck so bad at communicating that you failed to properly convey you werent talking about the entire figure then thats on your Autistic ass. And no, I'm not going to see BvS, It looks like shit. Kind of like the face sculpt of that DCC Batman.
>>
File: lowres syndicate.jpg (700 KB, 1870x1708) Image search: [Google]
lowres syndicate.jpg
700 KB, 1870x1708
Were more figures like these guys ever made?
>>
>>5569238
I would've got deathstorm except no elbows.
>>
>>5569201
>Just pointing out that your comment refers to the whole character
>because you didn't specifically mention the face/head, that means you aren't talking about that
I don't like needing to be this specific for autists
>>
>>5569238
No, sadly. DCD/DCC spent 15 years waiting to make 7" figures with great articulation then they dumped almost all of it for the 1/12 cash grab.
>>
>>5569253
the suit material in the arms is pliable. the elbow joints are underneath. he can bend them. it gets a little hampered but they can bend.
>>
>>5569489
Damn, I heard shit like that ages real bad man.
>>
>>5569351
Fuck. I wanted a Batman and a Supes at that size and with that articulation.
The Icons look great, but a collector figure at that cost without a thigh swivel is unforgivable.
>>
>>5566600
>>5565231
Just so you know, most things sold at comic shops aren't hard to find. It's very rare for direct market stuff to sell out and takes about a year for that to happen, so you usually have plenty of time to buy DCC/NECA/Mezco/etc stuff.
It's usually only mass market retailer stuff that is ever hard to find day one or even months later.

Take this figure for instance. She was fucking everywhere and just sitting on the pegs until just a couple of months ago. She slowly sold out over a year and now she's going for top dollar.
>>
Glad I decided against shitty Mattel Batfleck since the movie is supposedly shit.
>>
>>5570044
>Is supposedly shit
Are you so much of a drone that you won't watch it yourself and decide?
>>
>>5570058
I'll probably eventually go see it, but I don't have any high hopes that I'll leave the theater satisfied.

Also are you that autistic that you give that much of a shit whether or not I go to the movie? Stay triggered.
>>
>>5569683
I'm pretty mad because I never found out about her until she was already sold out everywhere.
My local comic shop barely stocks any DC figures, I think we got some Icons and some of the Animated Batman ones, but otherwise nothing.
>>
>>5564301
Why does no-one know how to use that zipwire?
>>
>>5570446
my push pins weren't close enough together to do the horizontal thing.
>>
>>5570070
She was on amazon for at least half a year until only the non-amazon shops were selling it and even then, they only cost a few bucks more than what amazon was selling them at.

Your own dumb fault for not caring to buy her.
>>
>>5570062
I don't care if you see it or not, just don't be such a mindless drone about your opinion. /tv/ is acting mindless about it, you don't have to as well.
>>
>>5570921
Look man I get what you're saying, and I agree 100% that it's my fault for being ignorant, but I literally did not know it existed until it was too late.
Now I check BBTS every few days so I'm pretty aware of what's coming out. Lesson learned.
>>
Found DC Icons Batman today while I was at WonderCon
>>
>>5569683
I think the only time that fucked me over was Stephanie Brown Batgirl. I bought the Jason Todd Batman and the Azrael, but the Batgirl's paint was so bad I left it on peg. Never seen that shit ever ever again. That was the rare case of holy shit sold out in seconds DCD.
>>
>>5572918
how much did you pay?
>>
>>5573116
$25
>>
>>5573123
I know what booth that wasn. I asked that seller how much they were and nearly laughed in his face. 18.78 on amazon.
There was another guy I think in the 300 aisle that had them for 22 or 2 for 40. somewhat reasonable if you're going back and want more.
>>
>>5569310
Except you're simply failing to communicate your point at a basic level. You should seriously get that autism diagnosed. It's a classic symptom to fail that hard and then blame others for it.
>>
>>5573131
>you're simply failing to communicate your point at a basic level.
How can you see this thread with your eyes so far up your ass?
>>
>>5569683
If I had sold anything at that show, I would've bought several figures for myself. The problem is that stuff with an MSRP of $23 isn't touched even at $10 (I'm struggling to imagine that upcoming Batgirl and bike combo selling for anywhere near $50). If you still had 90% of your wave 1, 2, and 3 orders, wouldn't you think twice about wave 4? The only reason I'm ordering Batman Animated at this point is that I like Batman Animated. The rest of their lineup doesn't have that luxury. But we'll see how the market at large decides.
>>
File: 1455425202812.jpg (265 KB, 1920x1277) Image search: [Google]
1455425202812.jpg
265 KB, 1920x1277
The Icons are cool but the leg joints are constantly getting loose

Anyone else getting things loose on critical support joints?
>>
>>5573887
That Wonder Woman is a day one buy. I hope they make a Big Barda at some point.
>>
>>5573260
>Animated

Currently only figures I'm missing are the Batmobile that I don't have a place for, and Catwoman.
Why the fuck is she so expensive while all of the others are still available. 60 fucking dollars SMFH.
>>
>>5573887
Is that Batman just a repaint of the blue Last Rites one? Hope not, I need better scale options before I feel comfortable committing to this line.
>>
>>5574107
>Is that Batman just a repaint of the blue Last Rites one?
No, I saw a post on some forum where they went over all the small changes. It's small changes, but they're there.
>>
>>5574107
He's supposed to be slightly taller, with new boots, gloves, and a new belt.
>>
>>5574390
hes got a new gauntlet too and hes actually a little buffer from what I can compare
>>
File: Doomsday is Best Villain.jpg (98 KB, 636x960) Image search: [Google]
Doomsday is Best Villain.jpg
98 KB, 636x960
What's the best 6 inch scale Superman? Something that wouldn't be a manlet next to Marvel Legends.
>>
>>5574516
Currently? Probably the DCSH one, sadly. The only reason I spotlight that one specifically is that it has the slightest bit of ankle pivot. Otherwise if you hate the DCUC stuff it's exactly that.

We don't know how tall the Icons one will be, but I have my doubts that it will be above the 6.25" that non-Spidey body Legends average these days.
>>
File: mezco_toyz_superman_figure.jpg (74 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
mezco_toyz_superman_figure.jpg
74 KB, 800x800
>>5574516
If you're ok with new movie costume, Mezco.
>>
File: Batman-v-Superman-2-Pack-2.jpg (1 MB, 3973x3407) Image search: [Google]
Batman-v-Superman-2-Pack-2.jpg
1 MB, 3973x3407
Looking for a good Supes figure based on the movie design, and the only negatives I see with these are the ankle pivots/ab crunch. Was gonna get the mafex stuff, but I don't really know how sturdy they are and I don't feel like going online go shop for them. Thoughts?
>>
>>5575363
>I don't feel like going online go shop for them
Why not? It's the current year, online will be the best place to get any of your toys.

It's generally accepted that Mattel is shit so don't waste your money.

Mafex might be alright but they get mixed reviews. They will probably be the best option for you.
>>
>>5569489
Well shit.

That is trash but it was a neat idea. Like super neat, but awful in the long run.
>>
>>5574516
>>5575163
Mezco is making a comic Superman. The Icons also looks good, though it might be slightly outsized.
>>
>>5575415
>Mezco is making a comic Superman.
I know but it looks shit
>>
Is there a decent Power Girl figure?
>>
>>5575622
The huntress powergirl double pack is pretty good
>>
So I've heard there have been sightings of BvS Aquaman and Knightmare Batman, but what about Luthor? Has anyone seen him?
>>
Anyone know when the Suicide Squad Deadshot figure comes out?

Probably gonna just use the extra Will Smith head to make a custom Hancock or Fresh Prince figure or some shit because there's no way I'd ever display a figure without their mask/helmet because that's fucking retarded. I wonder if people actually do shit like that.
>>
>>5576692
Seeing how the BvS figures came out ~January, I'd say probably around June is when the Suicide Squad figures would come out.
>>
>>5576692
i have several captain americas so one of them have the unmasked head on.
>>
What's the best deathstroke figure?
Preferably most recognisable costume sans mask
>>
File: 51wiBr1h0bL._SY450_.jpg (46 KB, 312x450) Image search: [Google]
51wiBr1h0bL._SY450_.jpg
46 KB, 312x450
>>5577106
>Most recognizable costume
>Sans mask
Well you're going to run into some problems there, the mask is the most recognizable thing about him.

Anyway, I hope this one helps, but it's an older figure, so it might cost a bit.
>>
>>5573965
Because Catwoman was released a year and a half ago. They sat and sat and sat until about January of this year when all of the foot draggers panicked.
>>
>>5577120
I guess I've just gotten used to every figure having, at best, a two week availability window. I usually preorder and don't drag my feet on anything at retail. Collecting is just such a fucked up hobby these days with all the bungling that goes on.
>>
>>5577119
is that 6"ish?
>>
>>5577120
I thought they re-released a lot of the old figures with improved joint quality.
Was she not one of them? I'm not a Catwoman fan so I always bought other figures instead of her, that'll teach me not to buy in order of oldest to newest.
Might just grit my teeth and take the hit since she is the only one I'm missing.
>>
>>5577136
DCC can't keep their story straight because they're bunglers.

Catwoman was supposed to get a rerelease with solid plastic. Never got solicited. But I have heard people getting replacements were getting solid plastic AND fixed hips. But, again, never solicited. They never came back in stock after the first batch shopped oit November 2014.

TNBA Batman is supposed to get a fixed reissue in June or July. It's been solicited. But it could still end up being a lie. DCC just tells different people/shows/sites different things all the time.

I would expect the April releases (Zatanna, Gordon, Ras, etc) to get quietly pushed back to, I don't know, June or October.
>>
I mean I really the BTAS line but DCD just keeps stepping on their own feet. They fucked up wave 1, they lied about the Riddler/Harley wave, they can't decide on reissues, they shorted BTAS Batman production, they keep playing games with multi-packs, they jacked up the Batwing price twice, etc. And eventually they're going to fuck up and cancel the line with several serious gaps in character selection.
>>
So what figures from the animated line have the shit joints?
>>
File: harleybooty1.png (2 MB, 1080x1280) Image search: [Google]
harleybooty1.png
2 MB, 1080x1280
you knoe?
>>
>>5577683
Too many Hareley figures. I wish they'd focus on figures we haven't gotten very much of.
>>
File: image.jpg (355 KB, 1180x885) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
355 KB, 1180x885
Posting figures I want.

Question

Red Hood (Brown jacket, and NO lips)

Doctor Fate

Swamp Thing (in scale to fit my 6-7 inch figures)

Deadshot (Gotham Knight)
>>
>>5577185
The only ones I had trouble with was cat woman from series 1, snapped like a twig from the slightest movement.
>>
>>5577792
I would kill for a good question figure
>>
>>5577106
if you like his arkham look you'll need the 3 pack for maskless
>>
>>5577850
You're the 2nd person to post a deathstroke figure without his mask. What is even the point?
also
>Arkham designs
.No. Just no
>>
>>5577837
>>5577792
The Question would be pretty easy to make a custom of, hardest part would probably be adding the hair assuming you used something like the blank figuarts body.
>>
>>5578024
or just wait for a Question figure to come out.
>>
>>5577850
Speaking of these three packs, nobody seems to be selling a loose Origins Harley.
Considering just dropping cash for the three pack and selling off Electrocutioner cheap, but thats not ideal.
>>
File: DSCF3214.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
DSCF3214.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
>>5578051

get the 3 pack and keep elecrocutioner as a jobber
>>
>>5578054
Damn you for having a good point.
Next paycheck I'll probably go ahead and do that.
>>
>>5578013
He asked for a figure "sans mask"

sans
preposition \ˈsanz\
Popularity: Top 1% of lookups
Definition of sans : without

<my love to thee is sound, sans crack or flaw — Shakespeare>
>>
>>5573887
when
>>
>>5578147
ask properly.
>>
>>5578161
Who is properly?
>>
>>5578182
Now you shall not recieve a answer. Hope you're happy.
>>
>>5578147
fall
>>
>>5577754
Well too bad, because DC is going to push the fuck out of Harley as she'll have that upcoming line. They look like they want to push her into a LOLRANDOM popular character.

I won't fucking lie though, I kind of want the superhero Harley here, which makes me want to shoot myself knowing I really shouldn't buy it.
>>
>>5578195
I really don't understand the popularity of Harley. I get why people like Deadpool. He can be legitimately funny sometimes, but Harley is just fucking stupid.
>>
>>5577133
I think so.

>>5577850
Would not recommend the Arkham figure, because it's had several breaking issues.
>>
>>5578204
Me neither. And yeah, I too get why Deadpool is popular, but I feel like ever since New 52 made Harley pretty much a rule 63, less evil and more random Joker, they've been trying to push her as a fan favorite, and it's kind of working among some crowds.

Expect to see an overload of Harley merch when Suicide Squad comes out.
>>
>>5578187
Ha, what crawled up your ass and died?
>>
>>5578204
It started off with her being Dini's waifu, but now they're copying Marvel's meme character strategy, when they pushed Deadpool and then Squirrel Girl and now Spider-Gwen. It has the side effect of ruining the character for several years.
>>
>>5578192
thanks
>>
>>5578204
>I get why people like Deadpool
You have the leg up on me because I've hated that shit since the McGuinness/Kelly days when Wizard was trying to force Deadpool down everyone's throats.
>>
>>5578204
Apparently Stockholm Syndrome is the new pink.
>>
>>5578227
Squirrel Girl really doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Deadpool though has been explosive because of the movie.

>It has the side effect of ruining the character for several years.
Unfortunately.
>>
>>5578231
What did they do besides that issue 0 thing?>>5578248
Well unlike Deadpool who was just comedic Squirrel Girl was basically nothing but a meme character already, so they couldn't really stretch her much farther.
>>
>>5578248
>Squirrel Girl really doesn't seem to be going anywhere
She went from nobody to long-running in-joke character to waifu to Marvel darling to rage-inducing tumblr garbage. She's had quite the journey on the popularity wave, up and down. When the SJW trend dies out and women pre-occupy themselves with the next large fad (I'm guessing country music, it's about that time again) Marvel will be forced to put SG back into her niche and she'll rise again in popularity with the long term fanbase.
>>
File: bruce and batman.jpg (31 KB, 795x596) Image search: [Google]
bruce and batman.jpg
31 KB, 795x596
>>5578204
>underaged fag who didn't grow up with B:TAS
You'll never get it.
>>
>>5578248
>Deadpool though has been explosive because of the movie.
deadpool was extremely popular before the movie was ever even announced to be made.
>>
>>5578267
oh fuck off. I was born in 95 and grew up with TAS, Superman TAS, Batman Beyond, JL, and JLU.

Harley as a character was just never that great to the point where she deserves this kind of attention. She's corny and dumb. I'm not saying I don't like her, I just don't get why people love her.
>>
>>5578267
She was great in this series, but wherever her modern popularity comes from, it certainly wasn't that.
>>
>>5578265
The in-joke and waifufaggotry had been going on for a while, but the meme tier Marvel darling and tumblr garbage shit only really happened in the past 2 or 3 years.
>>5578267
The currently popular Harley is almost nothing like the B: TAS Harley.
>>
>>5578275
You weren't even born when BTAS ended its first run. You didn't grow up with shit, you lying faggot.
>>
>>5578267
>underaged
It's 2016, people born in 98 are 18 now.
>>
>>5578270
I am aware of that, but that doesn't change that the movie made him even more popular.
>>
>>5578299
He grew up with many re-runs, that's for sure.
>>
>>5578299
you're retarded. TAS ended in sptember of 1995. I was born in January. Also ALL of these shows were played in re-runs all throughout the early 2000's so you clearly don't know shit.
>>
>>5578299
What kind of faggot tells other people they didn't grow up with something. Are you an autist?
>>
>>5578307
Honestly not by that much compared to the rest of the shit Marvel's done to push him for the past 8 years. It's actually pretty impressive how they can make that many people aware of a character, and all without successfully getting any significant amount of them to buy comics.
>>
>>5578318
well kids nowaday have a stupid sense of humor where they think "random" is funny. That's what deadpool has become so that's why they like him. They relate to the whole "LOL PANCAKES" garbage that makes no sense but will laugh regardless. I can't even blame comics for his poularity because you know the people who walk areound with deadpool merch has never read a comic in their life. I think it's movies and video games to blame like Marvel vs Capcom 3, and Hulk Vs Wolverine where most people probably saw him in.
>>
anyone else getting these really retarded captchas where the pictures just fade away into something else and wont let you finish it?

The fuck is the deal with it?
>>
>>5578299
>People need to watch it as it airs to grow up on it
Guess I never grew up on anything then.
>>
>>5578318
Marvel's not a comic company anymore, those comic sales are inconsequential at this point. Comics are to Marvel what Beefeaters are to England. They're just a cultural relic that's kept around because it's a novelty that can trickle in an extra dime or two by its mere existence.

Well, maybe that's a shitty analogy, but I'm tired and you can see the cynical direction I'm going in, probably. If not I apologize for wasting your time.
>>
>>5578334
Simpsons came out befre I was born, does that mean I didnt grow up with it? Could of swore I watched it all through out my childhood. Guess I was just imagining it.
>>
>>5578330
Go into the board settings, then quotes & replying, then click legacy captcha. If you're on mobile it might not work.
>>
>>5578327
Kids thinking random stuff is funny isn't really new, it's shock/absurdity humor, and when there's nothing clever about it and it's just pure shock people will find it funny until they get desensitized to it, which is why kids laugh at everything. It's just that absurdity humor has gotten insanely lazy nowadays because they realized they can aim exclusively for stoners and children. I just find it kind of funny to think that if less than 1/20th of the people who saw the movie started following the current run it would outsell everything else by like 100k.
>>5578336
Yeah that's true, the comics are basically just an IP farm for potential merchandise at this point. It wouldn't be that bad if they didn't still make up like 30% of the entire american comic industry though.
>>
>>5578342
thanks, bot now I'm stuck posting all the letters again.. Why cant I ever win..
>>
>>5578345
whoops. reply was meant for

>>5578341
>>
>>5578315
He wants to feel superior.
>>
>>5578327
Was Hulk Vs any good?
>>
>>5578352
Oh it was great. Should check them out.I think I like Hulk vs Wolverine a little more than Hulk Vs Thor, but they were both awesome.
>>
>>5565480
>>5565743
>>5565931
>>5569310
>>5573216
Not the same guy but this foo is literally a retard
>>
>>5578280
More like past 7-8 years
>>
>>5578352
It's pretty good for what it is.
>>
File: dcc harley.jpg (41 KB, 440x564) Image search: [Google]
dcc harley.jpg
41 KB, 440x564
>>5578276
>She was great in this series, but wherever her modern popularity comes from, it certainly wasn't that.
The implication is that those of us who like the character like her because of the original series she's from. Modern popularity is basically just an extension of that, which is why most people still prefer the original costume. Inspite of all the new costumes, the original is still most popular.

>>5578275
>I was born in 95
Wow, like the other guy said, you weren't even alive when the original run ended. You didn't understand shit and likely don't have any memories even when the second series ended.
Did Harley Quinn even do anything in JL?
It's no wonder you don't get it, when you think fan jerking bit roles in BB or JL was the only thing you actually grew up with.

>>5578334
Aside from "what i grew up with is the bestest", I think part of growing up with something kinda makes you an expert on it. Like B:TAS, it was the only Batman cartoon you could watch. You had to watch the reruns over and over, hoping they'd show something new. You watched each episode enough times that you memorize all the dialogue and work it through your brain to "get" all the little bits and pieces (if you didn't get it the first time around).
So someone born in 95, who would barely remember or understand anything until age 4+, they had other Batman shows to watch. Newer ones. So they're unlikely to appreciate older stuff, because there was other Batman stuff to watch and not something their peers would be into (because old = shit, and new = in).
So those of us who actually grew up with the older show, we know everything about it.

And no, i don't think B:TAS is the bestest ever (JLU is the high point for DCAU). I actually grew up in the 80s and understand how bad that shit was. I might never watch certain 80s cartoons again, because i have such fond memories of them and don't want to ruin them by seeing how bad the show really was.

BTW, who ran reruns of B:TAS in the 00s?
>>
>>5578552
please stop posting. your stupidity is contagious.
>>
>>5576338
why would you want that?
>>
>>5578675
Because I actually enjoyed Eisenberg's Luthor.
>>
>>5578552
Well the important thing is you've found a way to make yourself feel superior to everyone else.
>>
File: dcc-Arrow-Deathstroke.jpg (48 KB, 563x700) Image search: [Google]
dcc-Arrow-Deathstroke.jpg
48 KB, 563x700
>>5577850
After looking at pictures, I am leaning more towards the arkham design because it showcases the red and blue which might help with recognition.

>>5578013
His head is not necessary.
Maybe I should have clarified that a masked Deathstroke would be fine, as long as his body is clearly his.
I might settle on this Arrow one.

>>5578205
Thanks for the warning.
>>
File: Harley1.jpg (607 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Harley1.jpg
607 KB, 1920x1080
I agree that Harley is becoming over saturated. I can still find her classic outfit fap worthy, though.
>>
>>5578990
>red

It's orange mate.

>>5578205
Man fuck DCC, they used that shitty clear plastic for joints for way too long. Lots of otherwise excellent figures are ruined by it.

>>5579006
>own nearly every Harley figure released in recent years, only noticeable exception is the Lil Gotham one
>haven't read a single issue of a comic containing Harley, except for her brief appearance in Hush

I'm a waifufag, aren't I?
>>
>>5579014
>I'm a waifufag, aren't I?
No, just a filthy secondary.
>>
File: harley is a fan of ss.jpg (122 KB, 736x588) Image search: [Google]
harley is a fan of ss.jpg
122 KB, 736x588
>>5579014

Who isn't hot for harley?

For the amount of figures she had, I wish she had a Classic Outfit SHF or even a figma line.
>>
>>5579014
irregardless its the same difference and i literally could care less for all intensive purposes so you're point is mute per say
>>
>>5579021
>secondary
Harley is from a cartoon, the people who read her comics without watching B:TAS are the secondaries.
>>
File: average looking british person.jpg (29 KB, 500x729) Image search: [Google]
average looking british person.jpg
29 KB, 500x729
>>5579027
>irregardless
>>
>>5579041
woosh
>>
>>5579036
Good point.
I should have asked if he's at least watched that.
>>
File: 1367002940789.gif (484 KB, 200x149) Image search: [Google]
1367002940789.gif
484 KB, 200x149
>>5579027
>purposes
>not porpoises
>>
>>5579053
What do fish have to do with this?
>>
>>5579041
HAHAAHAAHAH AAHAAHAHAAHAH average looking britishperson HJHAAHAHAAHAHAH thats good!
>>
Any cool figures worth picking up from the DC Icons line?
>>
>>5579232
Hal
swamp thing coming out in a few months
Original costume static in august
>>
>>5579232
Honestly if you like the characters then you'll like the figures. Batman, Flash, GL are all really cool
>>
>>5579245
How's Blue Beetle?
I really love Jaime's design.
>>
File: 1432046572514.jpg (619 KB, 1988x1528) Image search: [Google]
1432046572514.jpg
619 KB, 1988x1528
>>5579022
Best Harley outfit, needs a Figuarts
>>
>>5579635
Is that really her son?
>>
>>5579808
Nope. Just a child she wants to fuck.
>>
File: harley-quinn-holiday-special.png (1 MB, 1497x1003) Image search: [Google]
harley-quinn-holiday-special.png
1 MB, 1497x1003
>>5579808

/ss/ fetishist detected.
>>
>>5579816
That's hot.

>>5579822
Brother you have nooooo idea.
>>
File: 2BRAH001.jpg (925 KB, 1063x1417) Image search: [Google]
2BRAH001.jpg
925 KB, 1063x1417
>>5579828

Oh, I think I knoe...
>>
File: 2BRAH002.jpg (1 MB, 1161x1467) Image search: [Google]
2BRAH002.jpg
1 MB, 1161x1467
>>5579832

I mean, we all here on /toy/ have a Peter Pan problem....
>>
File: 2BRAH003.jpg (756 KB, 867x1155) Image search: [Google]
2BRAH003.jpg
756 KB, 867x1155
>>5579836

So interest in /ss/ among toy collectors is not surprising.

Last page BTW. Also censored for fragile young minds.
>>
>>5579842
>Last page BTW.
Thank you because I hate this art.

Personally I'm more interested in being the girl so I'm not sure if Peter Pan is the correct comparison for my complex.
>>
>>5577792
motorcycle fetish red hood is best hoody
>>
>>5579856
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>5579918
Oh, no, not like that.
>>
>>5579932
I really, really don't want you to express anything further on this subject.
>>
>>5580008
Is this an attempt at reverse psychology?
>>
>>5580028
No.
>>
>>5579635
>>5579816
>>5579822
I'd kill to see Harley on boy R34. Anyone got any links?
>>
>>5579918
I've been trying to lurk about this for months now and I still don't get what the fuck it means, can someone please explain this meme to me?
>>
>>5580037
ok
>>
>>5580044
Evolved from people on /fit/ saying "pls be in london" in response to posters who turn out to be female.
>>
>>5580051
That makes sense, thanks.
>>
>>5580059
Know Your Meme has a bad rep around here, but don't be afraid to use it.
>>
>>5579022
>>5579635
>>5579816

the injustice comic is so unrealistic. If you were a teenaged boy and harley quinn wanted to ride your magic stick, you'd let her.
>>
>>5580276
If you were stupid, yeah. Billy is not stupid.
>>
>>5580051
And here I thought it was a "I see London, I see France" thing
>>
>>5580279
>If you were stupid,
Like a teenager?
>>
>>5580279

Why is it stupid to bang a chick who wants your dick? Injustice Harley isn't cuckoo. Joker's dead. She just needs some positive reinforcement. Of the penile variety
>>
>>5580279
If Injustice Billy had just let Harley fuck him he would still be alive now.
>>
>>5580596
They say "don't stick your dick in crazy," but it just might save your life.
>>
>>5580716
So what you're saying is he should've let her peg him.
>>
>>5580741
Yes.
>>
File: DSCN3734 copy.jpg (115 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3734 copy.jpg
115 KB, 800x600
>>5577792
>Posting figures I want.
>Question
>>5577837
>I would kill for a good question figure
Here's one in a brown coat with a white mask variant.
>>
>>5580813
Good taste.
>>
>>5581074
He wants regular Question, not PTSD autism question.
>>
File: Copy of DSCN3736.jpg (52 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Copy of DSCN3736.jpg
52 KB, 800x600
>>5581083
Rorschach sucks.

I got this JLU one on my desk and the six inch Mattel one with other DC figs.
>>
Is there a good Martian Manhunter?
...or should I just wait for the inevitable Icons J'onn?
>>
>>5580276
Billy is pure
>>
>>5563790
>Atomica
>"Icon"
>>
>>5581094
Yeah, I was super disappointed with him. Are there any actually decent Rorschach figures available?
>>
>>5583043
Not that I know off, I have this figures displayed because they are a gift from my trans gf
>>
>>5582964

She looked pretty Iconic crushed under Lex's robo-boots
>>
File: 1452753093382.jpg (28 KB, 214x400) Image search: [Google]
1452753093382.jpg
28 KB, 214x400
>>5583046
do you have to mention that every time you post
>>
Neat, it looks like they're releasing another huge Darkseid. It doesn't look as fuck-off huge, but I'll probably get it instead of scrambling to try and find the older one for a decent price.
Wish we'd get a new one in the classic costume though.
>>
Finally completed the Justice Buster. Wish I had a Hulkbuster to compare, but I don't like Marvel that much. I'll probably skip out on the Doomsday BAF, I don't really like him that much, nor do I want most of that wave, unlike this wave which the only figure I didn't want was Earth 23 Superman.
>>
>>5583046

>trans
>gf

pick one
>>
File: 20160402_223711-1.jpg (3 MB, 1849x2704) Image search: [Google]
20160402_223711-1.jpg
3 MB, 1849x2704
Didn't see any other figures other than Harley on the shelf, they had 3 of her.
>>
File: 20160402_224852-1.jpg (3 MB, 2600x1923) Image search: [Google]
20160402_224852-1.jpg
3 MB, 2600x1923
>>5586577
>>
File: 20160402_231538-1.jpg (3 MB, 2321x2155) Image search: [Google]
20160402_231538-1.jpg
3 MB, 2321x2155
>>5586592
Here she is with Bane
>>
File: 20160402_232339-1.jpg (3 MB, 1757x2845) Image search: [Google]
20160402_232339-1.jpg
3 MB, 1757x2845
>>5586649
And here she is dealing the final blow to Night Wing!
>>
>>5586651
>>5586649
>>5586592
Why are her arms so jacked? Combined with her non-curvy torso it ends up looking like some transexual.
>>
File: 20160402_233419-1.jpg (3 MB, 2614x1913) Image search: [Google]
20160402_233419-1.jpg
3 MB, 2614x1913
>>5586671
Cause
>muh girlpower
And fear of complaints of oversexualized toys being aimed at a young demographic.
Just a guess.
>>
File: 142100_qJka8lH.jpg.jpg (68 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
142100_qJka8lH.jpg.jpg
68 KB, 1000x1000
so it looks like Gamestop has discounted PAK Harley to $60 and looks like the one by me has one
worth it?
>>
>>5586671
Yours would be too if you swung a mallet at everyone.
>>
>>5586760
>pak
>worth it
>asking /toy/
You know the answer
>>
>>5586760
If you need to ask, then probs not

Do you think it's worth it?
>>
>>5587040
I just wanted to know what everyone's opinion on the figure was, Ive heard from others its a great figure, and I think it is its a 40% discount
>>
File: mister_miracle.jpg (158 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
mister_miracle.jpg
158 KB, 2048x1365
>>5563790
>dat mister miracle

I haven't read any of the new52 stuff, nice to see he's back in comics.

Shiny paint

Very tempting
>>
>>5587159
Then get it. But it just sounded like from your post you were looking for a reason to not buy it.
>>
>>5587190
idk, I'd wait for them to do a Fabok or Kirby design. The good thing is, he's now in scale with the DC Legends Barda
>>
>>5578990
I wish they had made a version of Slade with more articulation. This figure looks so stiff right now on my shelf next to Deadpool and revoltech Vash.
>>
File: MrMiracleJLI.jpg (27 KB, 236x388) Image search: [Google]
MrMiracleJLI.jpg
27 KB, 236x388
>>5587190
that metallic paint is the only thing holding me off from buying him.

I really hope he gets a more classic look.
>>
File: bane.jpg (53 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
bane.jpg
53 KB, 960x960
He has a big head.
>>
>>5590122
for
>>
>>5590337
You
>>
>>5590122
With the way the mask is shaped, it makes it look like a robotic dickhead with evil eyes.
>>
preordered Darkseid & Grail off DCBS. the wait is gonna suck
>>
File: user_26118_R3QEDW6R.jpg (9 KB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
user_26118_R3QEDW6R.jpg
9 KB, 350x300
>>5590538

>Tumblr hair
>>
File: knightmare.jpg (470 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
knightmare.jpg
470 KB, 2448x3264
So do all the DC multiverse figures have shitty ankles?
Because other than that I'm actually pretty satisfied with the figure.
>>
>>5590538
>the wait is gonna suck
So are the figures!
>>
>>5590681
I don't think any of them can tilt their ankles. I'm hoping Mafex makes a figure of the Knightmare Batman but I doubt they will.
>>
>>5590681
Yep. I wish Reverse Flash had good ankles, would have made for good poses.
>>
>>5590538
>DCBS

What is that, the official DC store?
>>
>>5590881

Discount Comic Book Service
>>
>>5590687
I'd fucking love that; the knightmare was easily the best scene in the whole movie (followed closely by Batman beating the everloving piss out of Supes) and now I want a 2+ hour film of just that.
>>
>>5591193
how do you think they'll handle dark seid? and will we get variant red parademon movie inspired designs alongside the regular green ones?
>>
>>5591202
I honestly have no clue, but I feel like if we see the same kind of improvement over time as Marvel Cinematic has shown since Iron Man (8 years ago holy shit) we'll have some bomb-ass justice league movies.
>>
>>5590538
I want Grail, but not Darkseid. They'll never be sold separately, will they?
>>
>>5578195
Can someone tell me how to identify the first figure there? I'd like to keep an eye out for it
>>
>>5591193

Just play Injustice.
>>
File: IMG_20160407_181545737.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160407_181545737.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2560
Yeah I'm digging the crap out of this guy.
>>
DC Funko pops outsell every other DC merch
>>
>>5592148
I think it's just Classic Harley Quinn. When the line comes out, just look for the one that isn't Holiday, Space or Superhero Harley.

>>5594840
Fuck off Funkofag.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.