[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Toys and women
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 21
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
So last night I got the finest of asses
We drank this bottle of tequila and did a lot of shit
Fucked and everything
Watched TV
All around chill shit
But then she steps into my walk in closet when I went to get a shirt cause it got cold
Followed me right in there and saw my toy collection
In her drunken stupor she made fun of me for a good 10 minutes
But we resumed whatever we were doing no problem

It still felt like ass though
Teasing me and shit. Saying toys are stupid and I'm a little baby.
Really fucking castrated my shit. In the moment at least. I'm good now.

Any stories like this?
What happened when you brought girls over, guys?
Oh and walk in closet is where I display my shit because I want my bedroom looking like a bedroom.
>>
Woman who gets drunk and fucks a guy on a first date ends up being petty and vapid. Big surprise. You still fucked her. You're not planning to see her everyday.
You can get hung up that you'll probably be some guy she jokes about as a weird hookupwith her similarly airheaded friends, but you never have to deal with her again. She's going to just continued to be railed by an assortment of random dicks every week for the next few years. Maybe even a black guy or two. And just go about that routine until she finds some schmuck chad who's paid too much, marry him, and live off his ass while she goes shopping at the mall and spending his money at 11 am on a tuesday. They'll have 1 or 2 kids, which she'll let tablets and TVs raise while she's on the treadmill browsing gossip sites. Eventually she'll get divorced, spend her waning years talking gossip with the few friends she has left that she hasn't lost in some petty argument as vapid bitches usually do. Eventually she'll die, having left an unremarkable life, and your hook-up will have been long forgotten
>>
>>5563546
Sounds like a fucking whore. Good thing you pumped and dumped
>>
Am woman, can tell you it's her character that's shit, nothing else.

I had the same with some guys, and other females, who visited me.
It at least makes it easier to cut them out of your life early, there's no reason to surround yourself with people like that.
You got a fuck out of it and that's enough, no need to waste another thought on her.
>>
>toys and women
I honestly thought this was going to be a thread about women in the hobby. But anyways

Sucks, I'd hate for anyone to make fun of my hobbies in a serious way. My friends jokingly tease and I make fun of myself all the time but it's different. Guess you got a fuck out of it thou
>>
>>5563546
>caring what a booty call says
shiggy
>>
>>5563546
>What happened when you brought girls over, guys?
I don't just bring strangers into my house if that's what you mean. But when I brought my girlfriend over she was pretty happy with my collection. She thought I should display my stuff better and wanted to take my giant plushies back home with her.

It really depends on the person. Some don't get it, others do. I had a friend that never understood my figure collecting, but he never once made fun of me for it. Top tier bro.
>>
>>5563546
>Followed me right in there and saw my toy collection In her drunken stupor she made fun of me for a good 10 minutes

that's what normal people do mate.
being an adult and still playing with toys isn't actually a normal thing to do, you've just convinced yourself it is because youre around other manchildren.
>>
My girlfriend doesn't mind, but I don't bring up that theme too much aside from the occasional look what I just got and stuff like that.

Other girl I invited home saw them on my room she had a reaction but nothing bad like why this character (not like she was interested more like being polite).

My female friends know about them, some of them tease me jokingly along "what are you wasting you money now" or "you should use the money on books" because I'm in college(college is free and books are $10 so it's nothing) but they wouldn't care if they saw them in person
>>
>>5563711
>"what are you wasting you money now"
Says the people who probably waste hundreds of dollars on a pair of shoes they'll only wear once.
>>
>>5563736
>Says the people who probably waste hundreds of dollars on a pair of shoes they'll only wear once.

This. The people who make fun of you for collecting toys are the same people who sleep in a tent be one of the first to get their hands on the latest Apple device or kanye west sneakers.

Fucking normies.
>>
>>5563739
Hey now, not everyone is like that. Some people live off the bare minimum and don't understand why others don't follow suit. Some are just giant pricks that don't see the irony in making fun of others. Whatever the reason, just enjoy your stuff and don't let them get to you. Personally I've never been made fun of for my hobby, but I'm sure some out there do, like any hobby.
>>
>>5563546
My fiance is pretty good about respecting my hobbies. She doesn't really like it when I buy action figures, but since I'm pretty good about my money she tolerates that. As far as scale modeling goes she's much more supportive. She thinks its a good creative outlet, and has even helped me with a couple. Not /toy/ but she also enjoys shooting with me.
>>
>>5563739
I don't like normies but even I know the average person doesn't do that.
>>
Last year I reconnected with this girl whom I hadn't seen in nearly a decade. After talking for a while and going through this whole exchange about where we are in our respective lives, I casually mention that one of my hobbies is collecting action figures. Then, out of the blue, she starts to seriously rag on me about it, like how grade school bullies make fun of the nerdy kids. It went on for at least 5 minutes and the more I would say "I don't understand why it's so funny," the more she continued to laugh about it. It was pretty infuriating. She kept saying things like, "You should save money to travel and do fun stuff, not spend it on toys." Needless to say, I haven't bothered to speak with her again. Dumb bitch.
>>
My girlfriend is a normie elementary school teacher. We're still kids. We're saving for a place together, but she doesn't mind whatever money I spend on toys. It's weird, i'm so ashamed whenever I go to walmart or TRU i ask her if she wants to just stay in the car while I do my thing, but she always says she wants to come with me and help me look. I'm not sure if that's a product of just how nice/accepting she is or if she actually cares about toy collecting. Eerie, since she isn't even into anime, cartoons, comics or video games or anything like that.
>>
>>5563913
She's the one anon. Good luck
>>
My girlfriend used to make fun of me for having a collection of transformers and bionicles. I told her how my toys got me through the tough times when I was a kid and a teen (dad getting locked up, mom's drinking problem/hoarding made it so I couldn't have friends over, that stuff) and her opinion on my collection switched and now she actually really likes it all. She's fond of my old TF armada minicons and 01' turaga and even let's me set those ones up around our place since I like to fiddle with them a lot. I think the neatest part of it is that when I showed her my Unicron and Primus, she thought they were cool enough to use as centerpieces on our little table in our apartment.
>>
>>5563971
>girlfriend
>OUR table
Christ, I'm so fucking lonely. I'm 20 years old in a month and I've never had a girlfriend. I haven't had a friend since 2nd grade and my last date was 2 years ago on my birthday, and she asked ME out. Luckily I was able to get a kiss that night, but since then: nothing.

Reading this thread is especially depressing because all of you guys are talking about your loved ones and how they accept or don't accept your hobbies and here I am unable to make a friend to discuss toys or movies with. I feel like my life is passing me by. My Mom tells me almost daily that she wishes I had friends and I have to just turn my head away and nonchalantly agree with her.

Deep down I feel like I'm dying even though I shouldn't be and know that I'm doing fine. I'm 2 years into school and I have no debt, I have a car thats paid off, I have a job, I have hobbies, I have $11,000 in the bank. But without a friend or girlfriend, all of those seem meaningless.

People who have nothing and are in relationships or at least have friends are much happier than me, I feel.

What the fuck do I do anons? What the fuck do I do?
>>
File: 45.jpg (49 KB, 635x326) Image search: [Google]
45.jpg
49 KB, 635x326
>>5563983
>20
>no debt
>paid off car
>employed
>$11,000

fuck you
>>
>>5563913
sometimes people get into your stuff just because they like you, and vice versa. like, she is curious about you. maybe she doesn't get why you buy toys, but it makes you happy, and she wants to make you happy, too. I mean, this is how it was explained to me by a girlfriend.
>>
>>5563983
spend a little bit of that money going out and being seen. it's hard to start friendships from zero, but just going to the same place, regularly, can get it started. even if it's Barnes & Noble, or your local comic shop. it doesn't have to be a bar.

you are right, though. being poor as fuck, but having friends, can be a lot better than living easy alone. not to say that you should trade! for the person with expensive hobbies, poverty is hell. but, try to get a little of both
>>
File: 1449148490909.jpg (450 KB, 952x1500) Image search: [Google]
1449148490909.jpg
450 KB, 952x1500
>>5563569
Also you'll have some sweet toys.

Don't worry about it man. This is definitely a hobby with a lot of negative stigma surrounding it (rightfully so, if we're being honest), but that doesn't mean there aren't girls out there that love this stuff, or can even support the hobby. The real challenge is finding one that's cute and single.
>>
File: 1450180880704.jpg (27 KB, 168x135) Image search: [Google]
1450180880704.jpg
27 KB, 168x135
>>5563983
Fuck man, you've got your shit set up. Don't worry about girls too much. I didn't even get my first girlfriend until I was 19, didn't kiss anyone until then either. After her, didn't date for another 2 years, was a girl who was super into anime, toys, hell she's the one that bought me my first statueshit of my fucking waifu. Shit went south in 4 months. Now I'm sitting here at 23, and all of my friends are married, engaged, or in long-term relationships that seem likely to lead towards marriage. At this point, I feel like Ted on How I Met Your Mother. And hell, you might feel the same. But it's gonna be cool. You've got plenty of time. Don't feel behind the game, the average age of marriage is something like 30 years old, anyway.

Fuck man, when I was 20, I was just on Skype all day with online friends I'd never met in real life. I don't talk to them anymore, and it was sudden, and I won't lie but that's when life really felt emptiest. But I'd had other friends by then. It just happens. Eventually you'll get a job, and you'll probably meet people there. Right now, everyone I hang out with regularly has worked at TGI Fridays along with me at some point. And man, that job fucking blew, but after that, I'd made some real friends there, and they're who I still chill with.

It'll be the same for girls. Eventually you'll meet someone. It's just a matter of putting yourself out there. Go to conventions. Even alone, it can be fun enough. Even if you don't make any lasting friendships, you'll break some social anxiety you probably have. And, yeah, you might meet someone. I've met some cute girls at cons, even if nothing happened, the opportunity was there.

Life's out there for you, anon. You've got a decent set up right now and you're young. Also, move out of your parents' house. As soon as you can. It really changes the way you see the world.
>>
>>5564003
Thank for the advice anon. I doubt going out to stores will help me though; I go to Barnes and Noble weekly and have never talked to anyone but the cashier.
>>5564029
I appreciate the kind words. The advice you give sounds a lot like the advice my Dad gives me, so you and him are probably right.

Moving out of my parents house would be extremely stressful, I think. I would have to start working 40+ hours at my wage slave job just to afford rent and necessities because I live in one of the most expensive areas of Colorado. Also because I live in Colorado, I can't find a single person who isn't obsessed with at least a regular weed smoker. I hate the shit, but every single prospective person that I could move in with (people I work with) smokes it.

But maybe you're right. Maybe I need that stress and that hardship in order to break free of the bubble that I'm in.

You've made me think. Thanks anon
>>
>>5564033
>at least a regular weed smoker
I mean OR at least a regular weed smoker.
>>
>>5564033
Hell man, if you've got 11k banked, you can afford to move to a different state. It's a scary thought, but something to think about.
>>
>>5564037
>move to a different state
I would, but I have to finish school here. Out of state tuition is insane and I'm in school to be a teacher, so paying off large loans would be an absolute bitch.
>>
All I see in this thread are fairly normal and well adjusted individuals.

And I'm just sitting here acting like I'm happy that I have no relationships outside of my immediate family.

I'm dying on the inside.
>>
OP here
As we speak
I'm in the bathroom with a massive case of blue balls
I've never had this happen
She came back around and then said some shit like all we do is fuck and watch movies
I feel a little off now
Paranoid it's cause of toys
I think that triggered it
Last time I'm seeing her I guess
This really fucking hurts
Am I going to be okay? Veins all swollen and shit
>>
>>5564089
Men up you fucking shit, she is not worth it
>but is ok if she doesn't like my toys
It is but she was a bitch about it
>but she was drunk
Even worse
>>
>>5564058
Me too anon, me too. I only chill with my few friends on the weekends since they live 40 min away in a different county. The rest of my time is spent at work or in school so I'm pretty lonely here. Chin up bud

>>5564089
She's already outed herself as shitty GF material so don't allow yourself to go further just for some ass.
>>
File: 1443625827934.jpg (53 KB, 416x700) Image search: [Google]
1443625827934.jpg
53 KB, 416x700
>>5563698
Why are you here?
>>
File: image.jpg (516 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
516 KB, 1200x1600
I keep it in my room and not out in the open in the rest of the house. Most people think nothing of it or find my dioramas fascinating especially once they learn that it lights up. It's like a little museum to most people I've had over.
>>
>>5564139
I don't know how you do that. The second I move out I'm going to set shit up all over the house so it doesn't look so cluttered
>>
File: Sweating_Herman.png (429 KB, 341x610) Image search: [Google]
Sweating_Herman.png
429 KB, 341x610
>>5564029
>I was just on Skype all day with online friends I'd never met in real life
Thanks for reminding me I'm at this point in my life.
>>
>>5563546
Don't worry too much, honestly there are girls into the hobby and other stuff you are (I am one) it's just hard to find one who's single really, some of us hide our power level, some of us don't. There are more girls into anime than Games so you're lucky, really. Girls like cute stuff, if a girl likes cute stuff she'll probably like your toys. I know that when I met my boyfriend it was so nice to meet someone who shared my interests but was really cool and didn't immediately hit on me because female and games and toys, so just do the same. We exist, honestly we do. Or you can convert a girl into this stuff, find one that finds your toys endearing or cute, show her some cute cartoons or romantic animes, maybe some simple games. Buy her a nendoroid and voila, you have a girl who's not only accepting of your hobby but shares it. I'd try it if I was you. Don't assume all girls are vapid and stupid because so many are. Keep in mind that we are often cave dwellers who work from home if we're interested in the hobby, you probably won't find us in a club but we'll be around online. You can do it anon, you seem cool enough. I get so sick of these stories only because you shouldn't feel bad for liking things, you had your stuff discreetly displayed, and it's a hobby. I find people even with 'weird' or 'boring' hobbies more fun and interesting than normies who can only talk about other normies and getting drunk. You'll be alright.
>>
>>5563882

bust out a kid then say theyre for the kid when it grows up.

make sure to scare your kid into not liking them though so they dont get all sticky
>>
I once made a girlfriend cry by bringing an action figure with me into a fancy restaurant and playing with it right there on the table.
All because she didn't like my collection and thought i should get rid of it.

Don't feel bad about it, make them feel bad for not liking your stuff.

If you like your stuff, make them become aware of it and accept you for who you are. Don't let them change you.
>>
>>5563687
>I honestly thought this was going to be a thread about women in the hobby. But anyways
A thread like that would be trolled to death before the janitors could even kill it.
>>
My girlfriend buys me Lego sets for my birthday and helps build them with me. She also watches Jangbricks more than I do.

You guys just haven't found the right girl.
>>
> Last girlfriend was jealous of my statueshits and certain toyshit, nagged about it for days
> That was three years ago
> Never been happier
>>
>>5563903
>"You should save money to travel and do fun stuff, not spend it on toys."
She's right though, Anon. I mean, how else are you gonna be able to put up inspirational quotes on your facebook, or pictures of you with happy black kids at an African summer camp and use vacuous hashtags like #creative #freespirit #namaste etc. etc. etc.

Sorry this happened to you though, bro. For sure she was a dumb bitch. Luckily I've never been teased about my small figure collection. But I get teased sometimes for being a vegetarian and the only thing you can do is laugh it off with them. They're still cunts though.
>>
>>5563687
Well, do you know any women in the hobby?

The only girl I know is a fujoshi and poses fucking Kamen Riders in love with each other.
>>
>>5563983
Are you fit? It won't get you laid, but exercise will give you confidence and put you out there to meet people.
>>
I've got a few action figures and POPs (yeah I know - bought all 5 at once and regret it) and all of it might be a little too Doctor Who orientated, I feel comfortable enough of who I am and my hobbies so that when people see them they just think it's interesting.
>>
>>5564328
Found the vegetarian
>>
For a sec i was like wtf is this gay faggot shit. Then i noticed that i am on the wrong board. Cya kids
>>
>>5564361
How did you figure that out, sempai?
>>
>>5563546
>this thread again

ITT: virgins lie about sex
>>
>>5563546
My girlfriend has bought me my best figures.
Don't tell any trifling ass bitches about the things you like.
>>
>>5564409
No one on /toy/ has ever seen a woman.
>>
>>5563546
Showed my girlfriend my display and she asked me "Where are all the booby girls?"
See, knowing how much I liked the things, she looked into /toy/ related shit, and just kind of assumed I would have a lot of big titted waifu figures, where I mostly have super beefy man figures
We've been together for a few years now, and she's insisted we get some of her "Booby girl" figures when we move in together.
She's pretty awesome.
>>
>>5563983
I'm 21 and I've never had any friends, dates, or kisses. I just don't give a single fuck about that sort of thing. You obviously care about this dumb shit, so I don't think I'll be able to give you advice.
>>
>>5563983

You have it pretty good right now. You should stop feeling sorry for yourself and focus on your school. There are a lot of people that would kill to have it as good as you do.

If you're able to attain all of this shit, talking to people and being friendly should be easy. Just be a little more outgoing at school or something.

Everyone is so fucking terrified of each other these days. I blame the internet, and I'm not even being sarcastic.
>>
>>5564130
model thread mainly, But I don't lie to myself, I know how the real world works.

>>5564417
shes worried you have homosexual tendencies mate. coveting all those muscly men.
>>
I ended up marrying a guy whose waifu was Asuka (shit tier, I know). Damn, I had so much fun helping him pick out new additions to his collection. I bought a garage kit and commissioned someone to paint it-- spent half a grand for it for his birthday. After we moved in with each other, he decided to go normie and not display any of them. I went as far as to get a simple bookcase to build a display them, but he wouldn't do it. Then he wanted kids, even though I explicitly told him I didn't want to have any before we got married. Guess he didn't take me seriously. We separate, he takes his plastic waifus and even some of my Sailor Moon shit. Finally divorce.

>tfw alone and have nobody to share love for plastic
>dated a couple of normies in the meantime
>seriously not as fun because no shared interests
Sucks, OP. What you're in is such an empty existence.
>>
>>5564645
>I ended up marrying a guy whose waifu was Asuka (shit tier, I know)
You are a god tier wife
>>
I went to my girlfriend's place a bunch before she went to mine. She had a bunch of stuff all over her room. Zelda amiibos, some vintage Star Wars guys, some funko pops, some ugly little Adventure Time toys, so yeah it was never a problem for me. Granted I don't have much on display just because I have so little shelf space. I only have like 5 clone troopers from my entire star wars collection set up and all 5 of my amiibos.
>>
File: image.jpg (433 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
433 KB, 1600x1200
>>5564155
My room's a disaster actually because of my customs. People tend to give you a free pass though when they think you're an artist. It helps that most women I've met have a fondness for small things and love paying attention to the little details added everywhere. At the end of the day it's just presentation and not having toys dominate your conversations.
>>
>>5564655
that's fucking sick 2bh

is that wall made out of paper? What is that furniture?
>>
File: image.jpg (273 KB, 1033x1298) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
273 KB, 1033x1298
>>5564657
Yep, it's just dollhouse wallpaper and the furniture came from flea markets and eBay. Nice simple set up from last year that still surprises people and makes for a nice conversation piece.
>>
>>5563546
she's right?
>>
>>5564655
>People tend to give you a free pass though when they think you're an artist.

This so much.
Happened to myself a few times already.
As soon as you mention that you customize them, build them, paint them etc. they tend to get a lot more interested and friendly.
Usually a mixture of "oh, maybe anon can make money with it someday, so it's useful" and "so not just burning money for plastic toys to stand around in their home".
>>
>>5564526
I tried that attitude out last year, and I'll probably adapt it again if I'm unable to make friends when I transfer to Denver for school.
>>5564535
I agree with you on the internet thing. In classes, in the halls, on campus, everyone is glued to their phones and unwilling to strike up a conversation with anyone. The only ones who do are those who still have dumb phones, and I envy them for that. It's like you lose a piece of your human need to be social when you have a piece of technology in front of you.
>>
>>5564655
Those figures are seriously displaying figures?? Hahaha that's so creative, I really thought I was looking at your actual room and it's setup before seeing that it's all scaled!

I have a current girlfriend, extremely normie, but the one before that was some five or six years before her, so I got really, really used to being alone and never volunteering information about myself to people. When we started going out, I didn't have that many figures, but I did have a collection, and I have a bug video game collection. When I invited her to my room, I wasn't really thinking about how she would react to it, but when she saw my stuff, she just shrugged it off and said when she was growing up, her brother would collect marvel action figures and he still plays with them, so it was pretty normal to her. I never really thought about how much of a bullet I dodged with that though! She was also extremely surprised I played video games, because I never let on that that kind of stuff interested me, or bought anything like that while with her.

Over the years, my collection became really huge, and she's let me know her biggest worry is about money, and she made suggestions to just cut down to one figure a month instead three or four a month like I used to.
>>
>>5564722
She's not very accepting of some of the girl figures I have. She gets pretty jealous of some of them and asks me why I need that. It's a pretty good question, I guess I really don't, I just like to have them and look at them, but she remarks that I have her too and she can fulfill that role and then some. She's never done anything crazy though like broken them or gotten rid of anything. A couple months back, we got into an argument, and out of spite I ordered a saber/extra Nero in lingerie figure, hahaha we made up almost instantly, but the figure was on its way and I decided I'd deal with it then. When I told her what happened, and why, she thought it was pretty funny and decided I can order whatever I want, she said she would just learn to like it, no matter the lewdness, because she knows I really do appreciate her and am not going to replace her role as the woman in my life with girl figures. It's a little silly of an idea, but I really do understand where she's coming from. At any rate, we're getting married very soon, but she wants a $2k ring, so I'm going to make a payment plan on that shit, in the meantime almost no figure purchases if I want to survive this!!

The thing I take from this all, is that if there is ever going to be a possibility that things will be serious, there must be things you overlook in each other. No couple is absolutely perfect for each other, and there will be things she does that you're not going to like, but if you're imagining your world living with this person with no intention of breaking that, the REAL discussions have to happen about whether someone needs to change, or accept the way things are, faults and all. I'm also having to think what it's going to look like to my kids, and if they have questions, what I should say. I could always be THAT dad, where I have to be all strict about what they are absolutely not allowed to touch, I don't know. Maybe I'll go crazy on a BST in the coming years and have a blowout sale.
>>
How is it that some of you in this thread have never had any friends? A significant other is one thing, but no friends? That's pretty harsh if true.
>>
>>5564251

People throw the word autistic around so freely on this board
I think this is actual autism though
>make them feel bad for not liking your stuff.
>make them become aware of it
Are you serious right now?
>>
>>5564233
That's my excuse for getting playmobil
>>
>>5563913
Whatever you do, do not shut down, scoff or refuse to pay any attention to the things she likes. She sounds like she is showing interest in those things specifically because they interest you. nothing feels worst then to be paying attention to all that and not receive any support from the other party. Want to impress her the way she is impressing you, do as my brother in law did with my sister. Pay attention to the makeup and other stuff women stuff she likes and understand what products work best for her. Then you pick up that sort of thing for her as a gift, massive bonus points if the nail polish matches with her looks and is not just a exact copy of the same brand and color she already has. Any dude with money can buy fancy jewelry, but it takes a heck of the guy to spend half hour or more going through all the nail polish in the make up department hunting for just the right shade.

Of course my experience in this is based on observations of my sisters reaction to when my now brother in law did that, and I haven't had a chance to test it myself yet.
>>
>>5564697
I have a bad enough time with being social in the first place that I avoid social media and smart phones, still got a dummy. Granted on first glance one would call me out to be hypocritical with my tablet, but I'm not face booking or anything like that around people, I'm just drawing. Helps with my nervousness and can serve as conversation starters as well. Although I have been contemplating if I should start traditional pencil and paper drawing more often these days as more and more often people are becoming so use to everyone around them being on a device they don't even glance at what is on the screen.
>>
I have no problem getting laid. I have a problem getting a serious relationship or a girl I actually am attracted to. Why invest in a risky relationship when I can hold out for better and pick up a quicky from tinder or a bar? Certain women throw themselves at me, divorcees, single moms, and they always, ALWAYS, sxrutinize my spending habits from the get go.

Fuck it, work, save up, get your own place, buy what you want, keep it tidy, bang chicks in a toy free room, avoid single moms and feminists types. You'll do good.
>>
I think girls can just get away with doing weird shit more than guys can as long as they are pretty/cute. My girlfriend got by pretty well through high school. She was a cheerleader, had a good number of friends, got invited to parties, won prom queen. I love her and I'm saying this semi-jokingly, but she can be so autistic sometimes. For like two weeks she carried around this Ice King figurine in her pocket every where she went for "comfort". She genuinely feels like toys have feeling. For instance she wouldn't buy just one of the owl amiibos from Animal Crossing cause she didn't want to split up the father and the daughter. I thought about selling all of my Disney Infinity stuff to a comic store cause I don't like the game that much, but she begged me not to cause then they wouldn't have a home. Sometimes I read Rooney threads and I sympathize with Kate.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>invite fags over for movie/hook up

>they look at my detolf hot toys collection and Minimates and say they love them, playing with them a little

>never have felt shame about my hobby

Feels okay.
>>
>>5563683
>Underrated female post
>>
>>5563983

Can I kill you and wear your skin? You know, to take over your life?

To be 20 and have the problems you have now...
>>
>>5564832
>she wouldn't buy just one of the owl amiibos from Animal Crossing cause she didn't want to split up the father and the daughter.

That's... heartwarming. And a very human sort of thing to do.
>>
>>5565115
I ended up getting the best nut bust of my life that night after eating her out so long she didn't know real life.
Still didn't appreciate my nendos after that.
>>
>>5563683
Am also woman, had very similar situation happen although this guy's behavior couldn't be excused by drunkenness or having just had sex (we never ended up doing it, actually). I had figures and dollfies on a shelf in my room, we were hanging out in there, I left to get something and come back to him putting them all in lewd poses and swinging one of my dollfie's around by the head as if she was giving him a blowjob. He thought it was hilarious, until I told him how much he'd owe me if she got damaged.

Its best you find this shit out before you get any kind of investment into them, whether emotional, time wise, or monetary. If she's this petty over something you don't even have on public display, I can pretty much guarantee she has no real hobbies or interests of her own. Also before she uses the 'it was the booze talking' excuse, liquor loosens tongues but it doesn't put words on them.
>>
File: Jack-Nicholson.jpg (63 KB, 600x598) Image search: [Google]
Jack-Nicholson.jpg
63 KB, 600x598
Ive been with my current girlfriend a little over two years. I cant exactly recall when I told her I collected toys.. but whenever it was, she was cool with it.
>tfw she bought me MOTU classics Moss-man for my birthday
>>
File: check'em.gif (437 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
check'em.gif
437 KB, 400x400
CHECK'EM

This is /toy/ anon go back to /pol/ you
communist
>>
>>5564357
Wanna add, even if you aren't fit but may be interested in being so, doing basic stuff like jogging or bike riding at a local park will actually get you out and a little more social. Just, yknow, smile and say hey to people and be friendly, and after you're doing it pretty regularly you'll be seeing the same people and starting conversations and running together or whatever. Gives you a common ground to start from right off the bat.
>>
File: WP_20140102_002.jpg (167 KB, 1278x720) Image search: [Google]
WP_20140102_002.jpg
167 KB, 1278x720
>>5564178
Hey man, it's not bad. I had a hell of a lot of fun with them, but the times changed and I changed with them, and they didn't. I had a job, a life, I went to school. They kept doing nothing with their lives, eventually we drifted away. I talked with them every now and then, maybe every couple of weeks, but I stayed real close to one of the girls that I'd met with a couple times, and the two of us dated. There's no shame in your best friends being online, just know that if no one makes an effort to actually see each other, eventually you'll stop being friends because someone is going to be too busy, unless you all stay losers forever.

On that note, things between me and the girl ended pretty horribly after we broke up. I remained friends (and still am) with only one friend from that circle, and over the last year she's villainized me to all my former friends. Not being close with them, and she was, I wound up losing all of them as friends. I'm gonna /blog/ here for a second, and say that what really hurts the most from having them as friends is spending almost 5 years trying to encourage them and build them up and help them work through their problems as individuals, and try to get them to reflect on themselves and who they are and what they're going to be, for it to all end with them all thinking I didn't give any shits, and that I think I'm better than them, when really (even now) all I want is the best for them. Last I heard, one spreads nudes of herself online to attention whore, one is (potentially) a pedophile who works with children, one is doing literally nothing for his family that can't afford internet and he's 25 years old. One lives with his mom and sister at least working at Target, but having no real future, and the girl I ended things with has gone turbo SJW tumblr on everyone. It's all a real damn shame, and I don't know why it's not in me to be angry. I guess it's pity? I'm not sure.

Pic related, the first statueshit my ex got me.
>>
>>5565564
Your ex got you a shitty prize figure.

Good riddance.
>>
>>5565529
Will you go out with me?

All I ask is that you pose your dollfies with my shinkis.
>>
>>5564734
I've had friends (in the area), but lost them all after I tried hosting board game days for them.

Seemed board games were too nerdy for them or something and they started making fun of me behind my back for getting excited if a new toy store or convention was opening in the area.

All of that came out after some of them got drunk at a korean barbeque place after a trip to the amusement park I had all but organized on my own for everyone.

I've had other friends who were pretty cool but they're on the other side of the globe now.
>>
File: plz buy me senpai.jpg (90 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
plz buy me senpai.jpg
90 KB, 600x600
>>5565595
Not that anon, but I have both dollfies and shinkis that would love to play with yours!

>tfw I'm 30 though
>kids think I'm old
>>
>>5565635
I'm 26 and I seem to be the only asian in the world where I'm at with a beard.

Everyone thinks I'm like 60.
>>
>>5563983
Do you want to be friends? We can be friends. You seems like a very nice guy.
If you're searching for IRL (girl)friends, why not start on the net? Go on one of these specialist meetup sites for toys/anime/whatever lover, there is a site for everyone these days. Chat a little, meet up. Hell, I think you could find people in your state right here, nope?
And yeah, supporting a lot of anons here : go out. The local comic store if you're into that, con' , libraries, the park. Normal places where you'll feel at ease (or at least, less awkward than in a nightclub, for example). Build up your confidence doing trivial, normal things. You can do it Anon!

Well to add to the subject, you'll find people that find you disgusting/immature/whatever because you collect toys, and people that will accept that, or even like/love that. I think you should stay away from anyone that is cruel to you and your hobby, it's like rejecting you as a whole person, it's a part of you, so...
But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to meet a neutral ground, like "Ok for the toys, but only in this part of the flat" or "Ok for the toys, but no more than XX$ a month" if you're living together and make a bank account for two. (If it's 100% YOUR money, then fuck it, do what you want with it!)

But please really, if your GF/BF is making fun of you (not just teasing, like really hateful and disdainful), there is a REAL problem here. It could be toys, cooking, plants, you don't humiliate the person you're supposed to love like that. You just don't.
>>
i had a friend i used to fuck who took 2 of my toys home with her. world of nintendo bowser and dk.

she would send me poses of them on snapchat.
>>
>>5565648
Did she give them back?
>>
>>5564665
Your cowheaded white walker is fucking dope.
Legit Capra demon figure when?
>>
>>5565653
yeah. i drove to her house and got them back awkwardly. didnt fuck her again since she got kinda weird and friends that fuck usually dont remain friends. even though we fucked 3 times.

other redhead i fuck doesn't give a shit about my collection. she fucks me either way.
>>
>>5565674
I hope you get STDs.
>>
>>5564743
I absolutely agree with you. That guy is a little fucked.
>>
>>5564743
If someone gives you shit about your stuff, you have every right to give them shit right back.

If you're just white knighting her because i made her cry because she can't handle things being turned back on her, you can have her, since she was emotionally needy.
She'd love that, but realize she's a little shallow and requires for you to have money and be good looking.
>>
>>5565719
I'm not even him, but brother, that isn't white knighting. You're displaying developmentally delayed behavior and showing a lack of empathy for others.
That's like textbook autism.
>>
OP seriously just dump her.

Relationships are built on give and take. If people can't accept qualities of their significant other and learn to live with them, the relationship is pretty much doomed. Trying to force or shame people into changing what they enjoy will only lead bad times (depression, anger, constant friction).

If you can find someone that will love and tolerate you then that is a basis for a healthy relationship. Someone that will openly mock you shows immature traits. Its more mature to not give a fuck what people like (as long as it isn't something that effects others).
>>
File: cry babies.gif (497 KB, 300x205) Image search: [Google]
cry babies.gif
497 KB, 300x205
>>5565731
>someone talks shit about you
>you're not allowed to talk shit back, because that's autistic
wut.

Is this Generation Y behavior and current triggerfree safe zones in college dorms? Because this isn't how the world is.
>>
>>5565688

because i get laid more than you or what?
>>
>>5565754
>Instead of discussing my issues like an adult to work through relationship problems, I make a scene in a public place to get my way like a literal three-year-old

Oh gee whiz you sure caught me in the act with my ess-jay-dubya feminazi agenda you rascally goobergarper you!
>>
>>5565781
No, because STDs are cool.
>>
>>5564734

Where do you think we are?
>>
File: 1458048513174.jpg (82 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1458048513174.jpg
82 KB, 640x960
>>5564251
>I once made a girlfriend cry by bringing an action figure with me into a fancy restaurant and playing with it right there on the table.
>All because she didn't like my collection and thought i should get rid of it.
>>
>>5565754
>>5565790
You're both idiots.
>>
File: making-a-mess.jpg (49 KB, 520x693) Image search: [Google]
making-a-mess.jpg
49 KB, 520x693
>>5565790
>>5565790
are you my ex?
Because you sound like my ex.

Do you know how many people were looking when i had my action figure out? One person. The way she made a fuss about it is what made people look.
Don't make a scene, bro, but i know how some people can't help but start kicking at their seat and spazzing out like yourself when they get triggered.

I had fun. She embarrassed herself.
>>
>>5566109
yes I am your ex and I ended things with you cause I was sick of you touching yourself in the corner while me and my bull were making love
>>
>>5565731
Vast majority of autistics I knew were never that bad. The only few that came close to that level of disconnect had a lot of other issues on top of the autism. Sometimes I wonder if a lot of the issues also stemmed from the sheer number of prescribed medication they were taking, there has to be some kind of law against giving a single patient so many pills to pop in a single day. How can ya predict what crazy side effects could creep up from mixing and matching at that scale?
>>
File: peter.jpg (15 KB, 461x352) Image search: [Google]
peter.jpg
15 KB, 461x352
>>5564411
What this guy said

I just started seeing a hot little latina and I bought the grid xenomorph with her.

MFW she's playing with my alien in the car....also yeah, I posted this to brag.
>>
>>5563739
I collect toys AND Air Yeezys

Fight me.
>>
I only get shit from /v/. The one girl I met who found out I liked Lego was OK with it because her brother like it too, but he brother happens to be very successful.

I believe you'll get less shit if you can prove to them that your hobbies are not a waste of time and money in their eyes.

But in any case I can't imagine my life with out some form of autistic hobby and I don't understand how people love in this world without one.

>>5563569
This.

>>5563698
Actually toys are a part of modern life. It's only in the last century that the creation of mass produced toys had appeared on the world.

The actual negativity of "grow up" stems from years of conditioning by film and television. The modern form of "grow up" is actually relatively new as also in the beginning of the last century children were considered adults at the start of puberty or during an age ceremony and there was no such thing as a teenage or young adult age.

Collecting is an ancient hobby.

>>5563991
This.
>I really want company, life is so cruel even tho shit is fucking good

>>5564655
Nigga dayem.

>>5564832
Cute.

>>5565790
>goobergarper
Filtered.

>>5567641
Show me your toys and yeezys.
>>
File: gross nerd.jpg (44 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
gross nerd.jpg
44 KB, 480x360
>>5566525
Actually, i dumped her. Like i said, she was emotionally needy and that's not something i want from a partner. She's not really a person who would just dump someone she liked.

>>5567733
>I believe you'll get less shit if you can prove to them that your hobbies are not a waste of time and money in their eyes.
All hobbies are a waste of time and money though, that's why they're hobbies (versus being a job). You do what you like to do and most people you will encounter will not like the same things as you.
Like with most things, you just have to be comfortable with yourself and not be pathetic. A hobby is a hobby, but if you treat it like it's your life, then people will look down on you pretty easily. You have to be a three dimensional person, not some loser wearing an anime shirt, using memes from your favorite show, surrounding your room with your waifus... ontop of being social and not disgusting.
>>
>>5567852
Where did you find that picture of me?
>>
>>5564896
Thanks dude.

I know it can be hard to be lonely, >tfw no gf and all that bullshit. But surrounding yourself with toxic people, thinking that's better than being alone, probably sacrificing the things that actually give you comfort and make you happy, is not worth it.
And it's especially not worth wasting too much thoughts on some chick like her.

>>5565529
I'm honestly glad I never had someone touch my stuff, yet alone trying to pose them or anything.
I have a few friends who are scared shitless by my dolls (I mostly have 70cm BJD guys, so not really small), but they don't talk shit about them and just don't go into my doll room.
Problem solved.
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.