[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /toy/, question, what are some robots that pull off the 'robot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9
File: gardian9.jpg (32 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
gardian9.jpg
32 KB, 480x640
Hey /toy/, question, what are some robots that pull off the 'robot in a bigger robot suit' thing and manage to have it still be articulated? something like pic related but not a brick.
>>
File: P1142545.jpg (41 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
P1142545.jpg
41 KB, 480x640
>>5559844

Well there's a SoC update of that guy.

http://www.collectiondx.com/review/chogokin/baikanfu
>>
Gurren Lagann has some that are like that, but each robot is a fraction of the size of the robot it goes into.
>>
File: robotmode2.jpg (82 KB, 516x640) Image search: [Google]
robotmode2.jpg
82 KB, 516x640
>>5559866
This is the toy board so obviously this is about toys. No Gurren Lagann toy exists that replicates the whole GL to Dai Ginga GL change (which is technically feasible but Dai Ginga would wind up the size of TR Fortress Maximus).

Oh, I guess you can count Transformers Energons Omega Prime.
>>
File: B2_Uea_JGCYAAytz8_jpg_large.jpg (70 KB, 612x1017) Image search: [Google]
B2_Uea_JGCYAAytz8_jpg_large.jpg
70 KB, 612x1017
Star Saber is a robot in a robot in a robot suit.
>>
>>5559939
>>5559946
I don't think those count, I think OP means "robot wearing power armor" not "folded up into a lump and crammed into a chest cavity."
>>
File: Exkaiser5.jpg (42 KB, 468x379) Image search: [Google]
Exkaiser5.jpg
42 KB, 468x379
Exkaiser.
>>
>>5559946

SS's forearms look pixelated from the thumbnail.
>>
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 800x469) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 800x469
Generations Ultra Magnus?
>>
>>5559988
I wish I could find one of those
>>
File: Neo Shifters.jpg (47 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
Neo Shifters.jpg
47 KB, 500x492
Perhaps those bastards here?
>>
>>5560438
Great idea, poorly executed.
>>
>>5559844 Gordian
>>5559854 Baikanfu
Same gimmick, different show. Original toy of Baikanfu was a retool of Gordian's
>>
File: bull_frog_face_04_17.jpg (491 KB, 992x662) Image search: [Google]
bull_frog_face_04_17.jpg
491 KB, 992x662
>baikanfu and gordian exist
>meanwhile, on /tfg/
>PRETENDERS ARE RETARDED
>PRETENDERS ARE A BAD IDEA AND WILL NEVER WORK
>HURRR NOSTALGIA
>HURR NO MORE GIMMICKS ON A GIMMICK LINE
>PRETENDERS WILL NEVER WORK
>frognoise.ogg
>>
>>5559844
I had gordian, but I lost the firing fists.
>>
Are there any robot figures that would fit roughly 6 1/12 scale figure in them?
>>
>>5559946
Fuck I really want Star Saber
>>
>>5559844
So, I've always wondered: for robot suits where the inner body's legs extend down into the legs, but not at an even ratio (ie, the inner body's knees do not align with the outer's), how do the legs bend at the hip? Wouldn't it break that person's legs? This bothered me a lot with the recent movie Hulkbuster.
>>
File: she034.jpg (177 KB, 600x1460) Image search: [Google]
she034.jpg
177 KB, 600x1460
Only 1 premium toy replicated Godannar's gimmick.
>>
>>5562444
I LOVE Studio Half-Eye's work, the guy's a damned engineering genius.
Damn shame about the freaking COST though, with him being basically a one-man show. I wish more of the big boys would pay to use his designs for mass production, like the SOC Gunbuster
>>
>>5563628
We were going to get the Escaflowne robot thing by Bandai/Studio Half-Eye.

It's been, what, 4 years since it appeared though?
>>
>>5563635
Not sure how much the tanking of the Yamato version killed their plans for it. I'd like to know that myself.
Of course, I'd also like to see Bandai use his Dangaioh design for the SOC line, but then again I'm a freaking dreamer
>>
>>5563654
I don't imagine that was a factor, seeing as the Yamato version was released fucking eons ago. It makes no sense as the reason for the cancellation, they literally had over a decade to mull over the Yamato sales. No reason for them to suddenly wake up one day and go "hey, that thing didn't sell well 13 years ago, let's cancel our toy!"
>>
>>5562444
HOL UP
This has two sets of panels for the two color schemes?
>>
>>5564596
That Godannar transforms from blue to red. No extra pieces needed.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.