[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's the best clay to use for stop-motion/claymation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: marktwain2_l.jpg (9 KB, 470x340) Image search: [Google]
marktwain2_l.jpg
9 KB, 470x340
what's the best clay to use for stop-motion/claymation?
>>
The computer generated kind.
>>
>>5554838

And I'm not being a smart ass the aesthetic and charm is easy enough to reproduce it's a no-brainer.
>>
>>5554840
will it be difficult to render largescale characters or sets with realistic textures?

[spoiler]i'm sort of a beginner and i was hoping to do a robot chicken style of approach[/spoiler]
>>
Would love to be to get a figurine of The Mysterious Stranger.
>>
>>5554854

It takes longer at first but it'll save you time in the long run. What you will want to do is make a textures with lots of random noise to simulate a clay like appearance and even better would to animate those textures to simulate the finger spots.

What's harder to simulate is the sense of depth and steady timing. You want to keyframe literally everything with no curves or blending of any kind to keep it stop-motiony.
>>
>>5554869

Also it helps to create static cameras in your scenes and animate from solely that view point. What I mean by curves is you don't want whatever software you're going to use to interpret or add anything between keyframes and keep it at like 27 frames a second. To fine tune timing you'll want to stick to doubling or eliminating whole frames.
>>
>>5554869
>>5554876
well that's good news

thanks for the info
>>
>>5554895

Np anon. There is a learning curve but it's no where near as steep as the one to learn how to sculpt and make it not look like ass. I think the Robot Chicken guys keep it cheap because those toys are basically falling apart by the time they're done shooting with them.

Kind of a lost art form really.
>>
>>5554821
https://youtu.be/juAV1cswNNM?t=3m32s
>>
>>5554865
I understand you anon that satan is meta as hell
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.