[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone have that tutorial on how to make displays with water
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: nend_nakanoazusa02.jpg (44 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
nend_nakanoazusa02.jpg
44 KB, 600x450
Does anyone have that tutorial on how to make displays with water beads?
>>
File: 1332045820398.png (1 MB, 1392x1646) Image search: [Google]
1332045820398.png
1 MB, 1392x1646
>>5546537
>>
>>5546548
when is this going to become a sticky so this thread will stop being made every god damn week
>>
>>5546537
its not worth it
after some time itll start to eat away at the plastic and yellow
its disgusting
>>
File: superheroes.jpg (157 KB, 1024x695) Image search: [Google]
superheroes.jpg
157 KB, 1024x695
I want to try this using tiny pre-posed character figures flying outward, like pic related

>>5548016
we dont deserve a sticky. we lost our chance years ago
>>
>>5548027
You need to seal the paint first, I recommend a UV-proofed sealant or topcoat.
>>
>>5548027
Have you personally done this? Pics of yours and the damage
>>
>>5548027
this is completely false. water is not able to "eat away" at plastic
>>
>>5548307
Maybe they have hard water and the mineral salts damaged the paint.
>>
>>5548325
This. Spend the extra buck (literally) and use distilled water.
>>
>>5548027
Bullshit.
>>
>>5548327
And as someone showed in the last thread if you don't use distilled you will likely end up getting cloudy displays. Distilled is something you always have to use when it's being added to something like this or chemicals
>>
>>5548027
I don't have pics but I did this with colored beads and something similar to this happened.

They were green and eventually faded and turned turquoise. My figure looked like a faint white film was developing on it so I cracked the jar open to save it and the thing reeked like sulfur. Tried rinsing my figure off and the paint just started rubbing off when I touched it.I say just don't risk it. I even used some clear ones with some Lego bricks suspended and while they didn't have visible damage they too smelled like sulfur.

Those beads just aren't meant to chill in an air tight container for an extended period of time.
>>
>>5552841
Topcoat your figures before you soak them and use distilled water.
>>
>>5552841
You used tap didn't ya? someone really needs to edit that image to outright state you need distilled and not just assume people will read the directions on the beads as well.

Unless the beads don't mention distilled either, then that explains why people keep having issues with using tap instead of distilled.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.