[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tamperment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 13
Do you ever come home from work/school to find that your family/roomies have touched your figures?
How does it make you feel when they move them around?
Personally im not entirely bothered by it but it does bug me when they knock one of my toys over and dont try to put it back
>>
File: 1457563247354.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1457563247354.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
I can't fucking stand it when someone sits next to my desk (live in dorm) when they come over to hang out and they put their drinks on my desk and knock over my figures and don't have the common courteously to say "hey sorry I knocked this over."
Plus my computer is on my desk.
>>
>>5543169
Oh sorry I didn't even answer your original question. Every once in a while a friend will pose one of my Kamen Riders, but that's just usually if I've left them alone for a while. It doesn't bother me because I trust my friends, but when they flat out knock one over and not tell me, that's what makes me angry.
>>
>>5542960
I had friends who used to make my toys fuck on my shelf. It just made me laugh.
>>
>>5543204

It's a compulsion. My mother, my exes, my friends, they all like making toys fuck.
>>
Nobody better touch my fucking toys REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
I don't live with people who screw with other people's stuff and I don't leave things laying out where it would give anyone a reason to mess with them.
>>
OP here
I still live with my parents and every once in a while i notice that figures have all been moved.
My older sister tried to convince me that my toys came to life at night and move around on they're own but i know it's really my dad who moves them
Im not home the majority of the time which give him alot of time to mess with my toys.
I think he particualry wants my Christmastown Sora to be the asshole of my toys.
I find that toy sometimes being a dick to my other toys (like have him push my toys over when he knocked them over)
Actually today i found that he moved my Mass Production Eva to make it look like it was going to skewer Sora.
My dad is trying to start a toy war i swear
>>
>>5542960
I live alone, so family is not a problem.

My toys are usually left alone, and even when friends grab them, it doesn't bother me that much if I'm with them, exception made for a Sakura statueshit that I have (I want a figma but I can't afford it right now).
My ex roommate knocked it off my shelf. The staff broke and a support got lost. I packed everything and ran from that place as soon as I could. She didn't even apologize, just put it right back on the shelf.
Now I can't stand when people as much as touch her.

I'm aiming to buy the figma Tomoyo (and hopefully Sakura too). I think that one will be another toy I'll be extra jealous of.
>>
I live alone so if I come home and find my figures were touched, I'd shit myself.
>>
>>5543204
I had a roomie who would like to put cigarettes in grimlock's mouth
>>
I've never actually had that problem. When I lived with my parents they just didn't care, and my brother seemed to think they were worth much more than they were and was scared to touch them, my sister as well.

Now that I'm renting a house with others, not even my best friend will touch them, and he's constantly scared of breaking them. Everytime I handle one and a small tidbit pops out of the joint, he gasps and is like "oh my god is that shit okay fuck man that sucks" and I just pop it back in good to go. My other roommates don't touch this shit either.
>>
>>5549779
We're the cigs lit?
>>
>>5549797
yeat it was
>_<
>>
>>5542960
I broke up with a girl because she knocked over and broke my favorite Spawn toy
she had a knack for constantly bumping into it
>>
Question for all you guys who live at home and have sizeable collections:
How have your parents and family reacted to your toys? I'm just getting into collecting and am living at home while paying for my own shit, and am kind of expecting things to go over poorly once I start building up my collection.
>>
>>5549841
My dad threw a fit once, stormed into my room, yelled that I am a man and not a boy and proceeded to grab multiple figures and toss them into a trash bag when I was at work
I know this because I routinely access my room cam to check up on my dog while at work
>>
>>5549841
They don't care they've got stupid fucking hobbies too.
>>
>>5549841
I have a huge plush collection, a lot of random toys, and some figures too. They are ok with this. They know I am generally a bit childish, and I'm still pretty young too. They actually encouraged this by gifting me toys every Christmas and every birthday, and they're still doing it.
They even kept most of my toys when I moved (I'm in a very small place now).
They are generally curious about my hobbies, and don't seem to mind any of them.
>>
>>5549860
Luckily I don't have to worry about this
>>5549868
My parents and family really don't. And my mom especially is pushy as fuck about me wasting my time/money and not being "productive" (not to the point of trashing my shit though)
>>5549889
That sounds nice
>>
>>5549905
It is. The trick for me was being open about my hobbies, showing them how much fun I have with them and trying to share some with them too, for example lending them comics or playing music with them.
I am also lucky because I have a younger sister, so we can both play with some of my toys and watch cartoons together.
>>
>>5549918
is she hot?
>>
>>5549808
Im so sorry anon
>>
>>5549921
She's cute I guess. Approaching the age where children pretend to be adults, so I hope she won't stop playing with me.
>>
>>5549841
My parents dont really care but my mom wants me to get a bigger shelf (i have a corner shelf and not many figures but it my collection has been growing this year)
I would love a deltof but i think im going to move out real soon and i think theres enough room another piece of furniture
>>
ITT: Learning why /toy/ is so hostile and defensive about their toys

Depressing reads.
>>
File: 1410804272640.jpg (9 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1410804272640.jpg
9 KB, 251x251
>>5542960
I'm very defensive, was as soon as I was able to ask my parents for toys.

>As 7yrs would never let my parents take the toy I hand picked even just to scan up until there was a full blown scene at a check out
>During my school years I only ever had one friend over at my house
>He proceeded to snap a fake toy squirting computer that was meant to spray water at you by snapping the screen in half
>banned him and all friends from coming over
>During highschool years bought a special edition hotwheels, bubble wrapped it, kept in a box and hidden in it the depths of my over flowing cupboard
>little brother who was 10 found it and opened it, leaving the car at my door step
>when questioned he responded "but you don't keep toys in their boxes, why would you do that?"
>Proceed to stop giving him my hammy downs, and because parents went through hard times they could no longer spoil him as they did me leaving him with only one sports ball for his entire childhood

I felt bad for my brother years later and now we're both adults I treat him to proper things, but still it shits me finding out a $3 toy car was worth $50, I just can't find the damn thing now.

No one comes over, I get my folks sometimes bitching about the clutter in my room (I'm one of those messy autistic collectors) but when I see another's collection I have pet peeves, to the pint I dissassembled a friend's gunpla model and rebuilt it because he gave it 2 left legs, he bitched until I shown him how to do it right.

Funny thing about that was I didn't read the manual, he got confused, now I'm officially the only guy who can touch his shit yet he's still banned from my house years later
>>
back where I lived with my family my figures and gunplas were sometimes touched for cleaning reasons, when I wasn't at home for more than a week..and I always came back finding them in weird poses and shit..didnt care about it so much, gave me new reasons to pose them again

now I live alone in Japan, in a narrow but cozy place..all of my figures are right behind my bed, whatching me.
when I have girls in my bad, I always tell them to be careful, but no, th always end up kicking pillows and shit, hitting some of them..
I joke about it, but sometimes I'd like to punch them.

but well, I never had anybody touching them withouth asking, or on purpose.
I don't bond with idiots.
>>
>living in student halls
>inspectors check out flat
>notice figures
>"ooooo you've got little men"

tfw

Never really had any problems with housemates. Came back after a weekend away to find part of my collection in sexual poses, including a headcrab getting it on with a companion cube, with 'HL3 confirmed' written above. Wasn't even mad.
>>
I live with my girlfriend of 4 years. She is very busy with college and work, so we dont see eachother often. whenever we havent fucked in a while she will put my toys in lewd positions. At first I thought it was funny, but didnt put 2 and 2 together till she jumped my bones as I was observing her latest toy orgy.

Once we got into a pretty brutal argument and didnt talk for a while. Her way of opening back up to me was putting a flower into one of my figures hands and trying to have him do an apologetic pose to my broly figure. I came to her and assured her that I was in fact as ripped as broly and her poses are shit, then we made up.
>>
>>5549868
My parents don't have any hobbies. The closest thing my dad has is a motorcycle he bought a few years ago, and he only messes with that during the warmer months, obviously.

I know a lot of older people, especially women, that have zero hobbies. Seriously, they don't do anything outside of their job. They work, come home, then watch TV or browse the internet until bedtime. I mean, as long as they're happy with that, whatevs, but it would drive me nuts. I've always got at half a dozen hobbies to fall back on, and I'm always dropping them and picking up new ones when the mood strikes me. If I didn't have something to do besides work, I think I'd kill myself.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 450x373) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 450x373
>>5550568
> hammy downs
>>
>>5550575
Do japanese girls really hop on your dick anon? Or you just trying to look cool here?
>>
>>5550625
Aw
>>
>>5549841
My mom thinks it's fine as long as I'm not obsessing over them. My dad just doesn't get it, and everytime he sees me with a new one he says "You know it's not a very good investment if you take it out of the box."
But it's generally the only thing I spend money on, and only when I have some to spare. Whenever they (especially my dad) find out how much I *actually* spent on a toy they'll be a little surprised, but I remind them it's better than being addicted to meth and they agree.
They also both got me a toy for last Christmas, so I guess they don't think it's too weird.
>>
File: Copy of DSC_1916.jpg (69 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Copy of DSC_1916.jpg
69 KB, 400x300
I remember a couple friends would do this. One was especially fond of how so many Japanese figures had removable skirts.
>>
File: Copy of DSC_1915.jpg (57 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Copy of DSC_1915.jpg
57 KB, 400x300
>>5554329
zomg
>>
File: DSCN0140 - Copy.jpg (118 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0140 - Copy.jpg
118 KB, 450x600
>>5554334
>>
File: DSCN0145 - Copy.jpg (99 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0145 - Copy.jpg
99 KB, 600x450
>>5554336
>>
File: DSCN0158 - Copy.jpg (109 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0158 - Copy.jpg
109 KB, 450x600
>>5554337
>>
File: IMG_20151220_232338.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151220_232338.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>5553082
they did, now I have a gf and I'm pretty busy, so I'm not in the fuck everyone mood anymore

but yeah, never was a popular guy back in italy, but when I moved here I started fucking on average a new girl every month..and I never go clubbing or shit, I hate that crap, otherwise the number would be bigger.
just find them online, check they're not crap, invite them for some fine italian food (lol) and that was it

japanese girls love whites for many reasons, that's not a myth

they never cared about being observed during intercourse by am army of buddhist statues and fighting girls, but the kicks were real
>>
>>5554337
im keeping this one
>>
My SO and I play a game with my toys. I close my eyes and he picks a figure off my shelf, reposes it slightly and hands it to me. Only using my sense of touch, I have to guess which one it is. Given that I have dozens of figures on the shelf, sometimes it can be kind of tough. At the end of the game almost half my collection needs to be reposed and re-positioned, which I do over the next few days.

It's the only time other people touch my toys.
>>
>>5554338
Which Wonder Woman is this? She has nice boobies.
>>
My dad used to put them in humorous poses, often fairly dirty. He was careful though and never did any harm. All good fun.
>>
>>5554457
It's from the Darwyn Cooke's New Frontier series. He gave her a good meaty look.

>>5554410
Italian, eh? Does.. does it work with Greek guys as well?
>>
File: paul-today-300x288.jpg (19 KB, 300x288) Image search: [Google]
paul-today-300x288.jpg
19 KB, 300x288
>>5553062
>hammy downs
You rang?
>>
>>5554448
Does he ever hand you [toyspoiler] his benis :DDDDD[/soytoiler]?
>>
I make models and my gf's dad always picks them up when I'm not around. Shit pisses me off because when I find something snapped he denies it. And when he does ask he asks as he's picking them up already.
>>
>>5550568
You sound like the King of the Autists. Get your shit together, anon.
>>
>>5555044
l dont see why not, l'm really not that good looking nor charismatic
just be careful not to get in lovewith girls 25+ cause they're only after marriage
>>
>>5554338
Who's the tiny man?
>>
>>5556462
Mad Hatter
>>
>>5550575
I keep hearing people on here saying they moved to Japan, what do you guys do there? How'd you get a job?
>>
>>5556475

started with a year of language school (my level was already good by then, did it to improve but mainly to get a visa), then I got a work visa through a guy l met online (not even something 100% legal but I got my visa), and I started teaching italian and english around

I got along well with my boss at one english school, and now I work for him six days a week

doesnt pay that much (more than it would in italy anyway), but I love the job, love kids, and it allows me to live in japan, have a japanese gf and buying my weaboo stuff when I want..so l'm quite happy with what l have, even though l cant go on all my life like this, for now it's awesome, especially considering what I left behind
>>
File: Ronnie_from_Whomp.png (73 KB, 273x343) Image search: [Google]
Ronnie_from_Whomp.png
73 KB, 273x343
>>5549093
Come on, you should have given agrias time to apologize.

Your story reads like a whomp cartoon.
>>
>>5554337
That face in the back makes this a work of art.
>>
>>5557370
She had plenty of time, though I admit I made it sound way more tragic than it was. I did not move because of that, but it was just one of the last straws.
She was generally very disrespectful towards me and my stuff.
Given, she does not know what figures even are, and probably thought that thing was just a cheap toy, but breaking something is breaking something and deserves an apology anyway. Plus it was on my shelf, so she had absolutely no reason to even touch it.

I admit though I am pretty jealous of my stuff and extra autistic about that Sakura, so I made a bigger deal out of it than it needed to be. But CCS was one of my favourite things when I was younger (it still ranks pretty high), and that figure just holds a dear place in my heart.
>>
>>5549841
Actually not that badly, probably because I never really stopped buying toys, I just stopped playing with them so much and focused more on collecting and displaying, though I've definitely gotten odd comments before about "regressing" when building LEGO sets. Still, I'm in the same house as a teenage younger sister who practically worships celebrities, and toys are a mildly unusual interest when you share a house with a girl who's had a collection of cardboard cutouts of boyband members.
>>
I don't think my roommates ever touch my stuff, but one of my roomies has the Lego build able figure of Grievous so I pose that whenever he goes home for a few days
>>
>>5549841
My parents have never said anything about my LEGO, though I have been collecting since I was 2-3, not counting my last 5 or 6 years of dark ages.

They do tease my girlfriend for "tricking her" into dating a "geek" like me. But it's always teasing, they think I'm overall great.
>>
>>5549841
Lately my toys seems to be a topic my dad brings up whenever he's venting from having no power over a situation or it's just that time of the month for him or something. These tantrums seemingly come out of nowhere honestly. Last time it happened it was while I was taking care of my dying dog in the living room.

Not because I collect toys or because I live at home or anything, but just that some of them have boobs or sexy box art because it "triggers" (no shit, that's what he said) sex addiction or something. He seems to have picked up the idea that getting off to anything is a form of addiction from some church function he's been obsessed with for the past few years or so. As such, to try and avoid further "triggerings" I've moved pretty much all of my boxes out of the shared storage area into a corner of my bedroom and most of my figures and toys into a corner of my bedroom you can't see from the door.

Had a similar spat a looong while back in high school about the box art of an excel saga dvd box set that had the girls from the show posing in lingerie with a shitton of puchus that he'd seen while rummaging through my dvds for some reason while I was upstairs studying. That time he told me that sex out of wedlock deeeeeply disturbs him or something like that as an explanation for why he was spontaneously pissed off at me.

I'd like to move out and am in the process of attempting to, but things aren't looking so bright.
>>
>>5559179
Worth mentioning there wasn't any problem previously and I had a set of muv luv combat suit statues and figmas for THREE YEARS outside my bedroom in a corner by the door before he started getting "triggered" by them.
>>
>>5559179
Your Dad needs to come out of the closet. Either that or he's having an affair and the guilt is tearing him up.
Either way he needs to deal.
>>
File: coIP60Y.jpg (24 KB, 373x560) Image search: [Google]
coIP60Y.jpg
24 KB, 373x560
All my toys are in a display case, or in a spot nobody has any reason to be fucking with (like a high shelf in my room). So honestly nobody fucks with my shit.
If they did though I'd be a bit bothered.
Like if some dude threw open the display case and started handling them I'd be really pissed. But everyone who has been over seems to understand that since they're all behind glass they aren't for touching. Any toys I have out in a spot where someone could manhandle them are ones that I don't care much about like amiibos or something
>>
>>5559179
>your dad is upset because he believes you're hiring prostitutes because your obsession about girls shows through your animoo and toys and dont have a GF
At least he isn't accusing you of hotgluing your crap.
>>
>>5560093
Probably should have said ""triggers HIS sex addiction"".

forgot a word.

There were several minutes in which he started yelling about how I was "triggering" him by having sexy box art in his home.
>>
My parents never go in my room honestly, only when I get mail or come to talk to me do they come in. My brother has been out of the house for years and my only friend joined the marines so I never have anyone over. My moms trying to get me to hang out with an old friend I hung out with back in grade school but I'm a little wary. I don't think I'd have much issue with someone touching my figures unless it was my legit autistic cousin who always goes into my room whenever he comes over and would grab anything that caught his attention like my foam larping swords. But as long as I'm with the person observing them and telling them to be careful I'm alright
>>
>>5549841
I leave a lot of my stuff hidden in my parent's home since I don't feel comfortable bringing it to my shared apartment. My dad used to have an issue with it and looked down on it until a certain set of circumstances happened. My mother kinda found it neat and sometimes comments on the stuff I have displayed in my old room, especially my busou shinki stuff.

My roommates sort of understand it but they think it's childish, which is ironic since they're essentially children considering the way they live. Can't wait to move out.
>>
Mostly no one messes with my things, though I went on an out of state vacation for a week last year, and came home to find all of my monster high dolls having an orgy on my desk. My friends know how to handle my toys (along with their own) properly though, no hamhanding.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.