[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tatsunoko Heroes Fighting Gear Casshan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: Fighting Gear Casshan.jpg (71 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Fighting Gear Casshan.jpg
71 KB, 600x600
Does anybody here have this? I've always liked Casshan's design and this figure looks fun as fuck, but I've never bought anything from sentinel and I don't want to sink $80 on something when I have no real idea of the quality.
>>
Noone has seemed to have replied to this, so shoot.

Excellent poseability, if flawless. Great diecast useage and paint apps. Think of a figuarts in regards to articulation.

Only issue I had with mine was it's scale. He's not 1/12 or 1/6, so he will tower over an six inch figure but be too small for say, hot toys.

If you like casshan that much, he's more than worth it.
>>
I have it. lt's pretty much perfect for display but be warned you may scratch the paint if you don't handle it carefully.

If you're after accuracy, there's another Casshern coming from BUToys. Closer to the cartoon and comes with Friender. I may sell my THFG and get this one.
>>
>>5542985
>>5542988
Thanks, sounds good. One more question, does he have a set of hands that can hold things?
>>
>>5542939
So I'm not sure what these other guys are talking about but this line is bad. I had Hurricane Polymar, Casshan and G-1, they all suffer from the same, glaring problem:
Diecast

The outer shell on their legs, upp er and lower, are total diecast, but all the joints are plastic. After a couple minutes of posing, the legs were done, the joints do not have the strength to support the legs. They can stand just fine with both feet planted on the ground but if you want anything else, good luck. I ended up selling them all for $30 a piece because they were just so bad.

They aren't worth the price. Maybe if you could get one for cheap off eBay, then I'd say try it, don't pay $80 though. That's ridiculous and you will be let down
>>
>>5543114

Never had issues with mine. But I dod pose him more than play. Shame your's wasn't solid. Did you use the provided stand at all?
>>
>>5543121
I didn't make it to the stand. I took them out and messed with them a bit and noticed when I was trying to do dynamic poses that their legs would sag under the leg's weight.

I turned the figure sideways and the legs sagged in whatever direction I held the figure. The stand is integral to this figure because the legs aren't stable enough to support it.

I'm glad for you guys whose legs were solid but I must say I find it hard to believe. Either way, over time the leg joints will degrade and loosen, just like previous figures with this design, early SRC being most notable.
>>
>>5543114
>After a couple minutes of posing, the legs were done
Stop being American.
>>
File: IMG_4214.jpg (2 MB, 2304x2827) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4214.jpg
2 MB, 2304x2827
>>5543159
Yeah, this doesn't surprise me. Probably not every one of these figures is like this, but Sentinel's love of pot metal leads to some pretty atrocious QC.
>>
>>5543324
Stop buying into the falsehood that diecast = quality/durability because all it does is increase weight. There is zero benefit to diecast. It scratches and chips easier, it fucks with joint tolerances and messes with balance if poorly placed. Not to mention diecast joints can't even be tightened easily, not a problem on this figure but just making my point.
>>
>>5543501
Honestly I prefer figures with no diecast at this point, they have a longer lifespan.
>>
>>5543512
What pisses me off is how Sentinel is using diecast as a gimmick to charge obscene prices. They are preying on the emotional satisfaction someone has when handling something with heft. Remember when people complained about Riobot Delphine and GL for being "too light" and "feeling like it will break at any time"? Did the toys actually break? No, they didn't.

People just couldn't shake that misconception though. So Sentinel started adding diecast to everything, raising prices and suddenly they are a premium high end line doing well. I guarantee the actual plastic they are using is no different from what they used in the earlier releases.
>>
>>5543114
>>5543159
That's a shame, I really like the look and articulation on this thing.
>>
>>5543501
>Stop buying into the falsehood that diecast
I never did, I actually prefer full plastic figures but it doesn't change the fact that these are great and solid figures and the only reason yours were in a shitty state is because you hamhanded them.
>>
>>5543537
They charge obscene prices because they have to. Their figures aren't really what most people want, they know they'll sell way less than Bandai, GSC or even Kaiyodo. If they want to survive, they have to make money on less sales. Even if they removed the diecast, the prices wouldn't go down. In fact, with how retarded most collectors are, chances are a lot would stop buying their stuff and STN would have to charge even higher prices to stay alive.
>>
I didn't have any issues with the joints, but the figure's paint on the diecast abdomen seems ridiculously easy to damage from my experience.
>>
My only issue is that Polymar should've came with a cloth cape like the later releases did. The light gimmicks are cool and if you have them display together, they look great on the shelf. I haven't ham-handed them enough to notice the joints getting loose.
>>
>>5544504
I'm not the guy you were talking to bro. I don't even own these figures because I am disgusted by their mold re-use and high prices and lack of stuff.
>>
>>5545560
That makes your previous post even stupider then.
>>
>>5543330

Kinda makes me glad that the Bleeding Edge didn't have any die-cast, sure it's lighter and lacks the premium heft but at least I don't have to deal with these issues. I just hope the die-cast on the Riobot Sahelanthropus doesn't affect it too much.
>>
>>5542939
Why are the joints on the hips so exposed?
>>
They're terrible figures.

I owned the Polimar because it was god damn Polimar and even as a fan as a figure its just a massive disappointment. It buckles on its weight due to the diecast. Whatever poses you had in mind will not work its just impossible with the figure.

The rest of the line follows the same set of problems. It just hurts my fucking head why they couldn't improve from their first mistake which is to cut the diecast shit out.

But I guess it wouldn't be Sentinel without all the pointless fucking diecast.
>>
>>5542939
I have no fucking clue who this is but I Would buy this in a heartbeat
>>
File: 101.jpg (560 KB, 2723x3717) Image search: [Google]
101.jpg
560 KB, 2723x3717
>>5548143
He's basically the guy Styx sing about in Mr. Robotto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdPjQ2v_OH4

I preordered just this one THFG figure day one and while I like the design I can confirm some of the QC issues Anon talked about. Mine has no leg sag (yet) but the weight of the diecast is definitely taking its toll on the ankle joints, the left one became very loose. It's a figure meant to be supported with stands at all times basically. And yeah paint chipping if you're not careful.

If you're a big Casshan fan you should wait a few months for the release of the BU Toys one and check reviews. At first it seemed promising but some preview samples are looking kinda weak and they're beyond the testing phase.
>>
>>5548527
Is that amv made from the Robot Hunter OVA?
>>
File: 92.jpg (82 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
92.jpg
82 KB, 960x720
>>5548842
It is.
>>
>>5549320
Woah that thing is big, what is it 1/9?
>>
>>5549320
I need to watch that then, it looks awesome.
>>
>>5548527
>>5549320
It doesn't look horrible, but the proportions seem kind of off. I think a slightly wider pelvis and maybe some shoulder pads would make this thing look exponentially cooler. Friender looks pretty good.
>>
File: RAH Casshan.jpg (56 KB, 440x912) Image search: [Google]
RAH Casshan.jpg
56 KB, 440x912
Anyone know if the RAH Casshan is any good?
>>
>>5553677
That thing is ancient.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.