[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>cassettecons now turn into tablets instead of cassettes Since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 800x506) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 800x506
>cassettecons now turn into tablets instead of cassettes
Since when have transformers become based again?
>>
>>5533771

Too bad most of them will be shit
>>
>>5533846
>all
ftfy
>>
Doesn't really look like a bird, tablet or forklift.
>>
File: boosterx10.gif (42 KB, 500x259) Image search: [Google]
boosterx10.gif
42 KB, 500x259
>>5533771 (OP)
They were based from 2006-2010 or so. Now its mostly shit unless you go MPs.

Pic related, a much better take on a Cassettecons update, from the first movie(fun fact, its a toy planned for Cybertron they postponed to sync in with the first movie line).Much more elegantly executed, and cost only $7, with way better paint and translucent plastic.
>>
File: mjs.jpg (87 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
mjs.jpg
87 KB, 500x500
>>5533875
Good execution.

>>5533771
Bad execution.
>>
>>5534047
I want these real gear line. I have the one that turns into a small digicam and it's miles better thsn the crap hasbro is doing nowadays.
Never saw that gorilla and booster x10 on the pegs though.
>>
>>5534073
I have a controller, the above laserbeak, the digicam, also a video camera, and two gameboy figures from it as well. The real gear line was awesome.
>>
>>5533846
It's increadible how the ONLY good mold so far is the humanoid mold used for Rumble, Frenzy, Rewind, and Eject.

-The bird mold looks pretty bad with a flimsy looking bird mode that doesn't even have leg articulation and has those terrible boosters. The forklift mode is also looks completely terrible.

-The cat mold is terrible with a horrific plane mode, and a barely passable feline mold.

Let's hope the Ratbat, and Ramhorn molds are decent.
>>
only /pol/ uses the term "based"
>>
File: 526964491_fb83d14a4e_o.jpg (156 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
526964491_fb83d14a4e_o.jpg
156 KB, 1600x1200
>>5534073
Aaaaaah, yeah! Spyshot 6! He was such a good figure. Incredibly neat and tidy digicam mode, even with a working clicky shutter button. Really poseable in bot mode, and he even had articulated clamp hands, which are my favorite since you can make them grab stuff or hang off stuff.

>>5534047
I was a huge fan of High Score 100 too. It felt like a spiritual successor to G1 Beastbox. Again, super poseable, fun transformation, and man did it look great. Even the analog sticks were on balljoints, just for the fun of it! Hell, the only possible way I could see to improve it would be to make the buttons and d-pad pressable, but that's honestly asking for too much.

Real Gear was just a pretty great line all around, huh?
>>
I still like the Fall of Cybertron discs, even if they fail to work a good majority of the time.
>>
>>5534136
>flying pucks
>>
>>5534134
This is genuinely one of my favorite transformers ever.
>>
>>5534073
>>5534134
>Spyshot 6
Man, that was a fantastic mold. I really need to figure out where I stashed my RealGears.

>>5534126
Demonstrably untrue, and the single most stupid instance of calling out the /pol/ boogeyman that I've ever seen.
>>
>>5534134
Hell yes, Spyshot is best real gear TF.

Too bad they never crossbred the Real Gear Robots with the Device Label series, having working Real Gear TFs would be awesome, like that flash drive Ravage.
>>
>>5534171
Damn I remember thinking of giving spyshot a good coat of metallic silver just to make camera mode look more realistic
>>
>>5534154
>this
I love how the button actually clicks
>>
>>5533771
Bought Buzzsaw, Chop Shop and Shockwave the other night, the last two are amazing and deserve to be in your collection while Buzzsaw deserves a better figure. He's okay but when you compare him to the rest of the line and at the MSRP that these are it's an easy pass.
>>
Fun Fact: The Real Gear Robots were designed with the Cybertron line in mind, hence why Cybertron characters appeared on the recording devices.
>>
>>5534787
I still defend that the Cybertron toyline was one the high points of the franchise
>>
>>5534134

Spy Shot was a genuinely good toy, I'd still be happy with him made up as Classics Reflector.
>>
>>5533771
>>5533875
Slight 45° turn on the wings and the bird mold looks way better.
>>
>>5537811
I feel Cybertron was the pinnacle of Transformers as, like, toys? There's prettier figures (Masterpiece, imho Animated), and there's figures with more theoretical functionality (Armada and Energon), but Cybertron struck the balance of form and function just right - the robots are (almost) all great, with a nice variety of design ethoses, good articulation, built sturdy as hell, and with loads of fun and creative gimmicks and features.

The only line that's up with them is Power Core Combiners, which, imho, if it had had actual proper articulated limbs (they wouldn't need to have a robot mode! Just not auto-transformation), would have been the best TF line of all time - but that's just me.
>>
>>5538421
Sorry for this Transnoob question, but when you say Cybertron are you meaning the war/fall of cybertron series based on those games? Or a different set entirely?
>>
File: 300px-Cybertron-Logo.jpg (12 KB, 300x92) Image search: [Google]
300px-Cybertron-Logo.jpg
12 KB, 300x92
>>5538791
Refers to 2005/2006 cartoon.
>>
>>5538792
ok thanks
>>
>>5537853
That they do.
>>
>>5538421
>Powercore combiners
>best line of all time

Pukinganimegirl.jpg
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.