[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not really a fan of the show but I'm honestly surprised
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: ERxjUcb.png (468 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
ERxjUcb.png
468 KB, 1024x576
Not really a fan of the show but I'm honestly surprised it doesn't have more figure merch. It has a decently big following both in the west and in Japan and yet the only things to come out so far are some plushies, some pretty meh statues and 1/6 stuff from ThreeZero.

I'd have thought Goodsmile would have at least picked up the license since it seems like something they would try to cash in on.
>>
did they start up with it again? I thought it died with Monty.
>>
>>5528173
Monty already had stuff planned and written down for quite a bit of story content to follow after volume 2. Volume 3 just finished not too long ago.
>>
>>5528144
God how did this shit get so big so fast?
>>
>>5528229
because it does everything kill la kill didnt and isnt a lol so random parody like the sales failure kill la kill is
>>
>>5528237
>does everything kill la kill didn't
I never watched klk, what does that mean? I remember watching half the first season and it was a bunch of clippy generic crap. Aren't there some monkey people now that look like some deviant art DBZ OC?
>>
>>5528237

Did someone at TRIGGER "trigger" you?

>>5528241

PEOPLE DIE AND YANG LOSES HER ARM, IT'S SUPER EMOTIONAL
>>
>>5528241
who cares. rwby is more talked about than klk. its only /v/ kuns crying their series got no more figuarts and cupoches
>>
>>5528244
bazinga i understood that meme =^}
>>
>>5528249

zimbabwe

>>5528248

>le /v/oogeyman
>>
>>5528260
/v/ is full of five year olds though, why else is /toy/ full of collector generals?
>>
>>5528263

The same reason namefags post here
>>
>didnt get anything
>full line of 1/6, mcfarlane statues and plushies

... get back to me when your favorite series has nothing or really overpriced can badges.
>>
>>5528248
>say I never watched klk
>continue talking shit about klk
You're really bad at this trolling thing you know.
>>
>>5528279
klk was actually fun and turned to shit at the end after the twist, like most current day edgy anime
>>
File: jack.gif (2 MB, 245x270) Image search: [Google]
jack.gif
2 MB, 245x270
>>5528248
>rwby is more talked about than klk
>half the rwby thread is about klk
>>
>>5528144
>Not really a fan of the show but I'm honestly surprised it doesn't have more figure merch.

I'm not.

>It has a decently big following

I don't believe that to be true at all. It has a small group of followers that will literally watch anything Rooster Teeth shits out.

The whole thing is like some horribly animated 3DCG game, only not as interesting because it doesn't involve somebody's fucked-up sexual fetish.
>>
>>5528364
>I don't believe that to be true at all
I too wish it wasn't so big but it seems like it is. It's got a bunch of licensed merch and somehow a manga spinoff.
>>
>>5528343
Turned to shit about halfway through once they finished that 1v1 tournament.
>>
>>5528144
You know they are going to make figures in Japan, by the same people that makes the JoJo's figures?
Rooster Theet still has a strange mentality. They try to make everything as big bussiness-ish as possible, but they still approach their merchandising as a really small bussiness, but seems to work for them anyway. Also they have left almost everything on second plane to focus on Lazer Team.

>>5528364
Yeah it looks like shit, and is a pretty generic shounen anime-wannabe series, but in my opinion klk also looked horrible and wasn't really that interesting, and a lot of people loved it.

People that enjoy level entry anime stuff (that are a big majority) + People that know how shitty it is, but don't take it too seriously and still have fun with it + People that are RT fans and will watch anything they shit out
When you can appeal so many different groups of people you are guaranteed to get a somewhat big fanbase.
>>
>>5532876
>You know they are going to make figures in Japan, by the same people that makes the JoJo's figures?
The only ones currently planned to come out from Japan are some Minissimo, which are basically like Nendoroids except slightly longer proportions.
>>
Why does everyone keep bringing up klk?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.