[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>TFW watching jurrasic park while playing with dino toys is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (399 KB, 922x939) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
399 KB, 922x939
>TFW watching jurrasic park while playing with dino toys is making me more happy then in a long time, curing my depression for the moment
Anyone else do this? Also, nostalgia toy thread.
>>
>>5521098
God that is a cool poster. I own the whole toy line. Have two explorers and three jeeps for accuracy. My depression goes away whenever I look at my papo vs jw crap.
>>
>>5521098
>depression

Elaborate. I want to help you.
>>
>>5522000
Im lonely as fuck, my parents are annoying shitbreaths who wont leave me alone, and am currently unemployed. Life is meaningless and idve killed myself already, if it werent for aspirations of being an artist, and my fear of dying alone.
>>
>>5522004
>Im lonely as fuck, my parents are annoying shitbreaths who wont leave me alone.

Find the flaw.

However, there are still ways to meet new people, why don't you use them? Go on parties, talk to people on comic stores (or wherever you buy your /toy/s) and talk to them, or hell, even if you're too shy, theres still the internet. try chatrooms, try facebook,

Life is meaningless, yes, but that doesn't mean that you can give yourself the illusion of meaning by spreading happiness hormones through your body somehow to forget about that.

if loneliness is really the only thing hurting you right now, think of it like this. How old are you? 20-30? You still have a lifespan of like 40 years. do you know how heavily unlikely it is for you to not meet anybody who doesn't love you during that timeframe?
>>
File: 1440070713305.jpg (9 KB, 104x99) Image search: [Google]
1440070713305.jpg
9 KB, 104x99
>>5522004
>Im lonely as fuck
>my parents are annoying shitbreaths who wont leave me alone
>and am currently unemployed

All but the last part for me too (currently in the firing line to BE fired for my own stupid mistake, looks like it'll be a long drawn out process).

Just keep busy, is alI can say, one point in my life I was in the exact situation (unemployed) and I found keeping the mind ticking works.

With what money I had, I took up building models, I still have no skill but gunpla snap fits worked for me (I can paint now but nothing fancy), at the same time I was looking for a job (got lucky getting this one, not sure if I'll be keeping it at present but I'm past crying about it) as that helped pass more time, going window to window, asking away, looking online when I got a chance while building models in between.

I still don't have a gf and my friends are miles away, if they ever give me a buzz I go despite being a wall fly just because free food, I had 2 long distant ex's who are friends for life who act as therapy (and are the ones solely responsible for making me think on crap to buy since I have a hoarders complex).

Just keep busy, aim to live, join a club or go to random events, I won't tell you to be yourself, but to be the best you can do.

At best you'll get everything you want in life, at worst you'll end up saving someone's life passing on your own experience to others validating your existence, as such I always try to help others wherever I am, even here, makes feel better than sitting here worrying about my own problems.

Right now I'm playing with some transformers with some transformers going on in the background while dreading my next and possibly last day at work, I may be over 25 and under qualified for anything, but I got over that sadness.

Keep going anon, keep busy, keep pushing, keep busy, the fact you're an aspiring artist means there can be hope for you.

Hang on, you may end up inspiring others, if not in art, life itself
>>
File: 1454175819041.jpg (38 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1454175819041.jpg
38 KB, 500x500
>>5521098
>>5522004
I hope things turn around very soon for you anon. Is there an employment office in your area?

To answer your question, it's actually the old filmation Flash Gordon toys mattel made before He-man for me. Got Flash, Ming, and a Lizard-woman as hand-me-downs from my older brother.
>>
>>5522004
Work on your art. Even when you don't want to. Creation is good for you.

And keep playing with toys and watching the movies you want, your happy is yours!
>>
>>5522004
Go outside and stuff more. Like try taking a break from the internet. You can keep away from your parents and raise your hormone levels and shit if you go on long walks outside.
>>
>>5521098
Don't give up, anon. Things will turn around if you're willing to work for it.
>>
>>5522004
>Im lonely as fuck
>my parents are annoying shitbreaths who wont leave me alone
>and am currently unemployed
>would have killed myself
>aspiring artist
>fear of dying alone

1, stop holding people to high standards. Im not saying date a stoner, Im just saying, stop looking for Mr/Mrs right. And start paying attention to people.

2. Your parents love you, they want to see you do good for yourself. Maybe they dont know how to say everything in a better manner, but you need to drop the attitude.

3. Start applying. I was an unemployed loser for a while. Now Im running the show about a year later.

4. Wont change anything if you did and take it from me, it isnt pleasant any way you try.

5. Stop aspiring and start creating. You can still be an artist and have a marraige and kids and work.

6. We all die alone, and fear that. Im sure somebody loves you, if you would only let them.

And, that's that. What do you want to feed? Negativity? Sounds like you are starving for positivity, feed that and you will see change, even if you dont want to accept it, it is up to you to make the changes you need.

Oh, and I loved the kenner JP line. I use to watch the vhs and play with the command compound.
>>
>>5523879
>Your parents love you
Maybe my dad, but definitly not my bitch of a mom. Other then that your right, thanks for the advice anon.
>>
File: 20151014_174412.jpg (790 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20151014_174412.jpg
790 KB, 2048x1152
>>5523889
I understand that. My mom got rid of tons, and tons, of good toys and such. Was pretty much a bitch that threw anyone out of her life until she had only her parents. My grandpa died, etc etc. Well about a year ago she tried to OD on antidepressants. Didnt work. She is a total space case now. I feel bad. But what should I do? She already kicked me out, and was rather abusive and shitty, but hey, I still feel bad.

My dad always has been a space case, wont pay any mind to me. Just the TV or computer. Cant pull him away. Couldnt give a shit about me or what I do. Im saving up and plan to buy a little house to fix up.

The woman I really like is, well, not into me or that or whatever. I can pick up women no prob, but none interesting, or interested in me, just what I can give them or buy them. No desire for a relationship, just want to bone and get drinks for free. Heck, had a fat nerdy girl flake out and stood me up last week lmao. Even with a good job, Im still having trouble, Im.not ugly, fat, or such. Dating is just as bad as being single, both have a barbed stinger. Thats what makes that one person that wont give up on you special.

Hang in there, learn to love and trust yourself. You have the potential to be extraordinary. Feed it. Charge it. Stop holding yourself back. Simple as that.

/blog
>>
>>5522004
Play Doom II for hours on end for the next few months and then shoot up the nearest school.
>>
>>5523926
>>5523889
Ignore all the people justifying your parents being a toxic, negative influence. As much as I love mine spending an extended period of time with them is bad for the soul. I'm ambitious, driven, goal-oriented and rational. I like to spend 16 hours a day working hard on things. They're two lazy, increasingly stupid bums with zero ambition, no drive and who have lived off welfare handouts almost their entire lives. I spend time with them, I get dragged down to their level.

Your first priority is get out of your parents' house. If you have to sell everything you own but your art supplies and single most cherished toy to make it happen, so be it.

Once you're out, establish the ground rule you'll visit them once a week and if they start pestering you every day by phone and won't stop, change your number.

Then get a job, any job, as quickly as you can. It's better to be looking for a good job while in a shit job than to have none at all. Find a balance where you earn enough to pay your overheads but have some hours/days free for art.

Remember: the human animal is lazy, stupid and cowardly by nature. Only by throwing yourself into the crucible and leaving your comfort zone will you ever achieve anything.
>>
>>5524388
Thanks man, i really appreciate the advice. Ill do all of that eventually, except the part about selling all but one toy, but ill still sell some.
>>
>>5524388
Moral.of my story was more about how parents can suck, could always be worse, but the longer you leave them alone, the bigger the problem becomes when you do have to deal with it. People can relate no matter what youre going through. Shit ain't perfect but you have to accept and work for better.

Other than that, very sound advice.

>>5524977
Keep what you love and think will be hard to get later on, sell anything you dont particular care about, no sentimental value etc, and start looking for a job. Motivate yourself, reward yourself when you hit goals. Save up a little bit and throw a deposit on an apartment down and there you go.
>>
Losers: The Thread
>>
>>5521098
Depression killed my child hood.
Playing with toys only makes me remember the bad old days.
But I love buying toys for my kids now.
I'll do every thing I can to make sure they don't have to go through what I did as a kid.
>>
>>5527565
>they don't have to go through what I did as a kid.
Playing with megos?
>>
>>5527565
Im sorry anon, atleast you sound like a good person for trying to make your kids happy. You sound like a great father
>>5527644
Kek
>>
I had no friends at school as a kid, my only friends were my toys, videogames and TV. Luckily my parents always got most of the toys and games I wanted and got to watch all the TV I wanted as well.

As I became a teenager and developed social skills I grew out of all three of them but after High School I kind of fell back to depression and getting back to videogames and toys cheered me up while I was down and definitely helped. Even after I was out of depression I was still into it even if my interest waned but...

...now I'm about to get married and one of the sacrifices I'm having to make is getting rid of my collection since I don't have space for all this junk and while it has been a bit hard to get rid of some stuff I also feel a bit liberated. Once you realize she is the one I had no problem selling stuff. Of course I'll still keep some stuff, about full bookshelf worth of games/toys that I love but I just don't need rooms full of this stuff anymore.
>>
>>5522004
I was in a particularly dark phase in my life 3 years ago. Never felt suicidal, but I'm the kind of person who needs something to fill that void, ya know. My relationship with my girlfriend of 8 years went south, my job was fucking shitty, and I just overall felt like a complete failure. Spent a few months spending what little money I had on toys and still never really felt like the void was being filled.

Actually clicked on /fit/ instead of /toy/ one night while drunk and after reading a few threads, decided to give a recently opened (cheap) gym a try.

Been going for 3 years now. Best shape of my life, confidence out the ass, and working out/setting a daily schedule gives my life meaning.

Maybe you could try going to the gym. Not sure what kind of shape you're in (I was pretty chunky...lost 45 lbs since then), but don't expect to be lifting anywhere close to bodybuilding standards. Set a goal and work towards it.

Being /fit/ really helped me with self discipline, self confidence, and all that good stuff. Give it a try.
>>
>>5527702
well as long as it's your choice and not her making you do it, then it's fine to do so
>>
>>5522004
>Im lonely as fuck, my parents are annoying shitbreaths who wont leave me alone
Let me guess, your in your early 20s and live with mommy and daddy still. What wrong? They want you to grow up and get a job?
>>
>>5521098
When I get horny I like to use one of my figma figures to help me rub one out. Near the end I get pretty furious with my hand movements, thanks to the figma, and right as Im about to pop I typically just throw the figure against a wall really hard and let out a "bbbyyyeahhh"

Really brings me back.
>>
>>5527702
>Once you realize she is the one I had no problem selling stuff.
Careful. I felt that way about my wife when we first started dating, but twelve years later we're basically roommates who occasionally cuddle. The blinding passion will go away, but Japanese robot toys are forever.
>>
>>5530499
don't ruin it for him!
let him find out on his own, jackass!
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.