[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GLYOS UNIVERSAL GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 33
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 500x1945) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 500x1945
DEATH TO PAYPAL 2016 1.0 EDITION

Read the guide before asking questions:
>https://sites.google.com/site/glyosandfriendsguide/

If you're a beginner, give the guide a read or ask some questions, always happy to help!
Old news is greentext and don't post as any line without news.

>Onell Design
BROKE THE SITE, EXPECT BAWWS THROUGHOUT THE WEEK.

>RawShark Studios Callgrim
>Stah Warz Bounty Hunters, Fett is sold out

>Banimon
CLEAR IS IN STORE, FAKE CC IS SOLD OUT

>Four Horsemen (Glyos compatible lines only)
>No longer associated with Glyos in any way, OSM rights and molds bought by Onell

>SpymonkeyCreations Weaponeers of Monkaa
2.0 IS IN STORES, BUY IT IF YOU WANT

>Nistuff Outlander
VISS CORE COLOR, NO ONE ELSE HEARD IT THOUGH.

>Toyfinity
CRY HARDER OVER ZEROIDS, CRY HARDER UNTIL KENT FUCKS UP AGAIN

>The Godbeast Kabuto Mushi
TITAN MUSHI ARRIVED, SUCK IT YOU FUCKERS, SUCK IT

>Mystical Warriors of the Ring
TALOS MINIFIG VERSION PROTOTYPE FOR SALE

>Rise of the Beasts
KICKSTARTER 2.0 ENDING SOON

>Octobertoys
>Asleep at the wheel

>Toy Pizza
>Blind bags showing up in stores now

>Nemo's Factory
>D-Con Flesh and Clear

>ZULLBEAST
>Nothing since first release

>SPACED OUT DESIGN
TREEBORG IS FUCK YEAR

Old Thread:
>>5419429
>>
>>5510779
What time did they freeze the store? I wasn't even aware of the drop- I'm used to more than two days' notice.
>>
>>5510790
Within 30 minutes after drop. I was able to get in and out with what I was looking for, and I wanted to see how the store was doing after awhile to see any leftovers to pick at. By that time, it went down.
>>
>>5510779
I know Varteryx is a Gothitropolis Raven homage, and yet, I can't stop seeing it as a cartoon Foot Soldier homage. Which actually pleases me a lot.
>>
Also, has anyone figured out what those two mystery Crays might have been homaging? It's driving me nuts because the colors look kinda familiar, and I suspect it IS some sort of homage because of how directed and specific those color choices are.
>>
>>5510816
>>5510779
Orange Cyclops is a reference to an amazingly obscure Henshin Cyborg character from the MyClone line.

The brown bird with white armor is an homage to the hero of ALIEN SOLDIER
>>
File: 1456284683543(1).png (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
1456284683543(1).png
2 MB, 1440x2560
>>
>>5510821
>Alien Soldier
Ehhh. No offense to Matt of course, but if that is what it is, it's a pretty poor homage. Where is the red stripe on the head (could have been a red eye visor)? Why are the eyes not black? Where is the brown in the lower legs? Why is there a distinct lack of bright blue whatsoever?
>>
File: header.jpg (49 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
49 KB, 460x215
>>5510864
Forgot my pic
>>
Crayboth homage
>>
>>5510864
He never makes absolute literal homages, just loose homages. He isn't a slave to the homage.
>>
>>5510821
>>5510864
>>5510868
That was guessed at by someone in the blog comments - but it wasn't confirmed by Matt, was it?

Because that's a pretty weak approximation of Epsilon-Eagle, and Matt's usually better than that. He would have put some blue on it, at least.
>>
>>5511283
It's in the name you fucking retard. It's inspired by, not an exact copy like some of the mushis and callgrims try to be.

JESUS CHRIST AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO ISN'T A FUCKING RETARD AROUND HERE?!

I'M GLAD THE STORE BROKE, I HOPE ALL OF YOU IDIOTS CRY YOURSELF TO SLEEP OVER NOT GETTING YOUR GLYOS BECAUSE IT IS KILL KILL KILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE LAST TIME THIS HAPPENED MATT ALMOST GAVE UP AND COMMITTED SUICIDE AND WOULD HAVE LEFT THE BUSINESS TO KENT TO RUN IT INTO THE GROUND! FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>5511416
>JESUS CHRIST AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO ISN'T A FUCKING RETARD AROUND HERE?!
I think you might be the biggest one of all.
>>
>>5510821
>>5510864
>>5510868
>>5511283
>>5511416
Not confirmed by Matt, no mention of it in any blog post.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 397x153) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 397x153
>>5511441
Actually Matt did reply to my comment the game homage was going to be a "Treasure".

Looking through image searches for clues on those Cray colors, I ran across this

http://onelldesign.blogspot.com/2010/04/from-mountain-making-phil-reed-at.html?m=1

An old Battlegrip crossover???
>>
>>5511753
Those were Devastator colors - lime green and purple - the new crays were GiD, red and purple.
>>
Just got a refund for Gottherus :(
>>
>>5511789
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>5511922
RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>5511789
Sucks for you.
>>
File: 1332542973130.gif (2 MB, 320x221) Image search: [Google]
1332542973130.gif
2 MB, 320x221
>Post yfw you didn't get a refund notice
>>
>>5511789
SUCKS TO SUCK FAGGOT!
>>
>>5511789
Hahahaha I ordered 7 and NO REFUND, fuck you wage slave rule follower
>>
>your package has been shipped
>no refunds

:^)
>>
>>5513366
No you didnt you idort
>>
File: assaultintergob01.jpg (125 KB, 600x599) Image search: [Google]
assaultintergob01.jpg
125 KB, 600x599
I'm so close to spending $100+ for 2 stealth gobons.
>>
>>5513919
>MFW this faggot doesn't know how to ship figures to neighbors and family members to get multiples and then scalp half of them on eBay for 3x the price

Glyos literally pays me to get their toys
>>
>>5513953

No, just fuck....no.

Matt pumps out the clears every now and again so you know Stealth Gobon is coming eventually.
>>
>>5513999
>3x the price
Lolno

Even the initial Glyarmor release didn't go past $22.

But if thats 3x the price for you, then sure I guess youre making a profit :^)
>>
>>5513953
Dude i won one off ebay for 7 bucks
>>
>>5513953
What will you do once you spend $100, they come in the mail, and you build that? It will just sit on a shelf like the rest of them. Small plastic lump! $100! Yeah! Don't feed the scalpers.
>>
>>5516083
You just described toy collecting
>>
Aw man, I wanted Alien Soldier.
>>
File: image.jpg (567 KB, 2464x1396) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
567 KB, 2464x1396
Got my order in today.

Freebie was the orange Cray.
>>
File: image.jpg (380 KB, 1517x1540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
380 KB, 1517x1540
>>5518716
Non-Armored Pheyden, the Purple/Black he used on the Gotherrus figures has a nice swirly look to it.
>>
File: image.jpg (285 KB, 1921x1010) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
285 KB, 1921x1010
>>5518723
And the Cray.

Freebie on the left, Type Zero or whatever that one was on the right.
>>
>>5518726
Both are freebies, Zero Type had paint. So Metallic Orange (L) and Sunstorm (R)
>>
These two guys are the only toys I took with me to college and boy did they see some shit.
>>
>>5518742
Oh, thanks for the clarification anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (668 KB, 2356x2356) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
668 KB, 2356x2356
>>5518781
Pic related
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Old pic from last thread, still looking to cut these two loose. Just email me if you're interested
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1688x1688) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1688x1688
Looks like godbeast got his glyos and his new mushi.
>>
>>5518781
>>5518785
One semester I had a pocket traveler specifically to accompany me on campus. Then I misplaced him for three weeks and I ended never taking him.

Felt awful amigo
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1936x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1936x1936
>>
Store is back up
>>
File: IMG_8534.jpg (266 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8534.jpg
266 KB, 640x640
Looks like a stacked mushi drop tonight!
>>
File: IMG_8761.jpg (261 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8761.jpg
261 KB, 640x640
omg
>>
>>5521220
Never too late anon. Show him the world.
>>
>>5524437
Much as I love these, I wish Marty had wrangled a deal with Matt and Jesse to include the Sandtrooper rifle and backpack parts. I mean, they've done cross-line stuff like this before...for example, the Callgrim Trovic Hybird, which included Buildman parts.
>>
File: Wow.gif (745 KB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
Wow.gif
745 KB, 400x224
>>5524808
>yfw Marty sells an extras set tonight to make the guns and backpack
>>
File: image.jpg (755 KB, 1936x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
755 KB, 1936x1936
>>5524808
But then it would end up another $25 one like the c2e2 hornetroid exclusive. Most of us already have callgrim and glyos parts to build the backpack, rifle, and guns. Here is a photo he posted in a fb comment.
>>
Boy the storm trooper/sand trooper mushis must have been limited numbers or a lot of people ordered multiples, they're already sold out

I'm guessing he made one batch of white mushis and had half painted as storm troopers and half with the orange shoulder for the sand troopers so there were half as many of each.
>>
>>5526076
Troop builders, hell, they go better with the white Titan than the one made for them too
>>
Just listed a bitch load of craybabies on eGay and some emp stuff too
>>
wtb stealth everything
>>
>>5528355
Most Stealth stuff is readily available in the Buildstation.

Is anyone else a little bothered by the fact that Cray feet are slightly unveven? Like, pretty much every single one of mine are a little bit wobbly, they rock back and forth. I wish they'd fix the mold. But it's not a huge issue so I guess they don't see it as something urgent to fix.
>>
>>5534311
Yeah, I've been bothered by it too.
>>
>new to this stuff
>look at onell design website
>see Stealth Pheyden Mk IV
>looks nice
>set shipping to Italy
>€45 shipping
>feels bad
>>
>>5535304
live in a less shit place
>>
>>5535304
The high international shipping is because a lot of orders were getting lost/"lost." And Matt was losing a lot of money replacing orders out of his own pocket. So now he unfortunately has to use tracking for international orders, which is quite pricey.

A good alternative is to get a US middleman--they order the figures you want, and then ship them to you untracked. It still works out to way cheaper this way. Just reply with an email if you wanna do this, there are a lot of dudes here in the US who'd probably be willing to help you out.
>>
>>5534311
I'm so bothered I never noticed. You just ruined crays for me...j/k.
>>
Why tf has shipping spiked in price even for us US buyers?
I bought literally one item and had $6.75 for shipping.
I mean priority mail is nice, but it's almost not even worth it just for one figure.
Not to mention priority shipping doesn't cost that something for something not even 4oz.
As in it'd be easier and cheaper just to wait until they hit the secondary market and trade/buy fans' extras instead of paying $21 shipping for a $14 figure.
>>
>>5536596
With USPS, you lose
>>
>>5536596
Everything you say is true. I just got some KMs on eBay for an average price of like $4-something per figure. No reason to pay such high shipping.
>>
>>5537864
I bought a titan mushi from godbeast and shipping was fucking 9 dollars
>>
>>5536776
>>5537864
>>5538093
Maybe I'm just not understanding their side of things. I sell stuff I don't use anymore, so when I ship I'm only sending off 1-5 packages at a time.

So maybe since they are having to ship off a very large amount of packages at once, it's just easier to make a flat fee so they don't accidentally lose money on shipping.

But even then, I can't see how nearly $7 to ship a small figure weighing an ounce or three makes sense on anybody's end. I can buy one of anything in the Glyos store, even a Heavy Rig if they had one, and shipping it priority still wouldn't cost that much, even if a freebie was thrown in.

I've been with Glyos for several years, but I feel like I'm being punished unless I buy lots of stuff. I don't think I'll be placing anymore orders unless I want multiple things from now on.
>>
>>5538808
It's their paypal store rubrics. I've asked before and my understanding is when you have multiple different shipping zones, size, weight, quantity of items it requires a sort of flat or minimum shipping amount usually per the number of items, so they don't get screwed on shipping. There are options like flat rate priority padded bubble mailers that a couple sister companies have offered to ship my order in when I emailed them prior to ordering. But you have to ask them ahead of time. I know many of them do not like to ship first class because it is a headache for them and those shipping materials aren't free like priority are, which costs them more money out of pocket. They also loose money on paypal fees, so they don't want to also loose on shipping. Postal fees went up in January this year as well. There is now also a difference in clicknship and paypal shipping prices, clicknship is no longer discounted, only paypal. So if you are ordering directly outside their store the shipping would be higher than ordering from their store. I'm sure there are other variables like the gross number of orders and boxes as well. At least they aren't charging tax too, like a regular store.
>>
>>5536596
Priority minimum does cost $6-$7+ and it depends on what zone it is coming from and what zone it is going to. If you purchased a toy in the store you would be paying just as much in tax as the difference between first class with a bubble mailer cost vs. priority at $6.75. Bitching about $1-$2 for priority vs. first class because your a broke motherfucker buying only one figure makes you a retardedcheapassbastard.
>>
>>5537864
Good for you. I'm sure you won't get htf ones for anywhere near that price on ebay.
>>
>>5538093
So without any of us knowing where you live to know if you paid the actual cost of shipping, you want us to feel bad for you while you bitch about maybe $1-$2? Omg get a job.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-08-16-39-18.png (146 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-08-16-39-18.png
146 KB, 1280x720
>>5538961
Its to iowa. Ive been selling some glyoa on ebay and 3 day shipping with tracking is only like 3$ per package
>>
>>5539412
So you purchased a vinyl from godbeast and he shipped it priority to you, so maybe a couple bucks over. If you are shipping glyos on ebay for $3 shipping, it obviously isn't priority shipping, your shipping single figures, and using first class shipping. Again, you don't have a store and you don't have to enter in a rubric for shipping. If you did, then you would know that shipping 1 vinyl to the same zone is probably only $7 shipping, but, shipping the same vinyl to another zone is probably $9-$10. So if godbeast's store overcharged you on shipping it is probably because it set up to cover all zones and you being a cheapass only purchased a single vinyl so the store's shipping system charged you accordingly. Did you even bother to ask godbeast? If not, coming here to bitch won't give you an explanation or your $2 shitty dollars back. So next time, order more so the shipping is worth it, don't order anything, or try emailing godbeast since everyone knows he is approachable and communicates quickly. However, now that you have created a bitchfest here, you might want to wait until next time because he is known to visit here and read posts. Right now he probably thinks your a fucking retard.
>>
You guys are also ignoring the paypal fees that are taken out of your purchase. That $1-2 extra basically covers the money you cost sellers in paypal. Very few Glyos companies use first class, almost all force priority to protect themselves. So the avg shipping will be $7-10 across the board for 1lb
>>
>>5539412
So then your overcharging on shipping too because most ebay sellers have free shipping these days. Looks like your calling the kettle black bud.
>>
>>5540071
My feeling is that transaction costs (credit card, paypal, etc.) are part of doing business and should be factored into the retail pricing of the item. Then shipping should be shipping...that's it. Frankly, I'm tired of paying like $18 for shipping and getting no freebies and then my order shows up in a small box with actual shipping costs of $6-7. This has happened from Onell and from sister companies and is kind of bullshit.

So, what I'm saying is that even on large orders ($200+) the shipping makes absolutely no sense to me the way things have been getting calculated for the last while.
>>
>>5540390
STFU
>>
File: 5237b.jpg (41 KB, 500x407) Image search: [Google]
5237b.jpg
41 KB, 500x407
I just realized what the Gotherrus colorway reminds me of. It's this mutatin' Foot Soldier. I wish I still had mine so I could display them together.
>>
>>5540400
>no freebies
For real? I don't think I've EVER gotten NO freebies. Like, at the very least Matt's thrown in something weird in my packages, like some switch pins and Gobon Balls. And that was back in the day. Nowadays he seems to be specifically planning for freebies, with things like exclusive color Crays or extra sets that you can't buy in the store.
>>
>>5540400
Do you really think that is how business works? You don't think that companies all over the world work all overhead costs into their retail product costs and/or shipping? Maybe you need to take an economics class. Keep in mind, these aren't huge companies with tens of thousands of toys being produced and hence the shoestring budgets. If they loose too much on shipping, packing materials, etc... That cuts into their bottom line. As far as I know there are only two companies doing what they do for a living (onell design and godbeast). It also appears to me that those are the same two most consistent companies still rolling out great products, great customer service and at a steadily satisfying pace. So if all you have to bitch about is shipping costs, I guess that's what you do if your are a whinny little bitch. Fucktards like you are what takes the fun out of collecting what will be some of the rarest action figures ever produced. Can anyone imagine in the years to come, how rare these low run produced toys will be? Most of us are sitting on a gold mine of glorious pvc and vinyl. Enjoy collecting and quit being a fucking baby.
>>
>>5540400

Your full of shit. Matt always tosses something free in an order. Quit being a fucking liar douchebag.
>>
>>5540400
Entitled little prick
>>
>>5540403
Sucks being called out. Lick my balls ebay flipping selling scumbag.
>>
File: $_3.jpg (73 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
$_3.jpg
73 KB, 800x600
GOD DAMN IT I WANT THOSE 6 GOBONS BUT HOW CAN I JUSTIFY PAYING $13+ EACH?
>>
>>5541135
You won't find them again if you don't. That's how you justify it.
>>
>>5541135
Oh, you're going to be paying much more than $13 each by the time that auction ends.
>>
Doesn't most of the guys use specific shipping anyway? I think TGB uses priority flat rate cause before the increase in Jan it was about $7 to order 3 Kabutos one time. Another time I ordered about 15 Kabutos and some wings and the shipping was still $7!!!

These guys are pretty acessable by email so if you had questions or what not, maybe try emailing them directly instead whining about it behind their backs, maybe you'll get somewhere!!

Hell I emailed TGB one time cause I saw his custom heads on OT and asked why he doesn't make them anymore. He actually had several on hand still plus an old Kabuto color That went with it on hand. He got them together, sent me an invoice and shipped it all with his drop which happened a few days later. He's awesome in my book and I won't bore you w/ stories of how awesome Matt and Ni were on several occasions with transactions.
>>
>>5541280
Exactly, these whinny bitches don't have a clue this stuff's true value. Cheapassbitches
>>
>>5541571
>true value

I literally just want them as playthings.

Good luck to that asshole if he thinks he can make a profit when gobons go for like $12 each usually.
>>
>>5541135
>>5541575
Like most toys, when they are brand new and sold at retail you can expect to pay retail. Are you new to toy collecting? wtf? Maybe you should have been collecting about 8-9 years ago if you want them for $12 each. Not to mention, you were bitching they were at $13 each remember?
>>
>>5540926
So I get overcharged like $12 on shipping and get a single unpainted cray worth $3? Okay. What about nistuff? His shipping is like the same scale as Onell, but no freebies. Marty has thrown in freebies, so what can I say? Marty's shipping may have recently gotten worse, but you're getting A1 customer service.
>>
>>5540931
I've never even one time sold a Glyos figure on the bay, so lick your own balls.
>>
>>5539412
>>5541819
Are you a retarded?
>>
>>5542314
2 diff. people fucktard.
>>
>>5541816
>you're getting A1 customer service.
What customer service? You pay him and he sends you a box. Done. He's not serving you dinner.
>>
>>5540926
In related news, I ordered two Weaponeer packs from Spymonkey last week. I found SIX in the box, and the invoice only mentioned the two I ordered. Hell, one of the freebies color-matched a LOT better to what I was going to use it for, freed the one I did order up for something else, and yet another Freebie other one made a nice set of armaments for a build I considered completely done.
>>
>>5542335
Maybe they shouldn't chime in then. Either way, both retards, you fucktard. lol
>>
>>5541816
>WAH WAH WAH
>WHY AREN'T I GETTING MORE FREE STUFF?! SURE, NO OTHER TOY COMPANIES ANYWHERE DO THIS SORT OF THING BUT SINCE ONELL MADE A REPUTATION BY THROWING RANDOM SHIT IN A BOX I'M NOW UPSET WHEN THEY DEDICATE $2000 EVERY RELEASE TO MAKE A FREE CRAYBOTH FOR EVERY SINGLE PACKAGE THAT IS SHIPPED OUT!
>WHY WHY WHY
>WHERE IS MY FREEEEEEEEEEE SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Be more of a whiny entitled faggot. Or better yet, fucking kill yourself. Oh, the dildos your dad sends you every 6 years cost $2 less to ship than some of the toys you decide to buy. Newsflash fuckface, shipping has gone up for every service in the US. It's the Amazon effect. Too many giant corporations offer very cheap or free shipping because they can afford to.

Because of this, whiny entitled faggots like you order some new piece of shit every 7 minutes because "MUH FREE SHIPPING! BETTER MAKE MY PRIME MEMBERSHIP WORTHWHILE AND ORDER 1 ITEM EVEY THREE DAYS TO FUCK OVER AMAZON!!" which means that more packages than ever are sent around the country. But theres far more packages than there are trucks and ways to send them. So the shipping carriers must rise prices to a premium to try and cut down on people sending packages left and right and instead choose wisely what they want to send. This means that it won't affect amazon customers at all except for an increase in prime membership which people will do once then forget about, but will mean all the small businesses like Onell are now faced with higher shipping rates and dumb motherfuckers like you who will bitch and whine about it all goddamned day.

If you are too poor that you are worried about LITERALLY a few extra dollars then STOP BUYING TOYS you useless piece of human garbage. Slit your fucking throat in a house on a fire.
>>
Glad to see the community hasn't gone to total shit since I left.

Keep chasing away new collectors, I'm sure the guys making the figures appreciate it.
>>
>>5542412
I served your mom a mouth full of dinner last night.
>>
>>5542861
You were the glue holding it all together.

Ohwaitno, you're a dumbass. Glad you're chased away, we don't need yet another whiny bitch here.
>>
>>5543150
I don't know, your thread looks pretty dead without those "whiny bitches".

Kinda ironic though, seeing as how you're whining yourself.
>>
Yall motherfuckers need glysus
>>
Is anybody else putting on their tinfoil hat and thinking of how this general didn't use to be shit until the transformer fans caught wind of Glyos?
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1000x793) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1000x793
The head is kinda neat but the body kills it.
>>
>>5543439
A year ago these threads were fantastic.

Now we've got asshats chasing people away.
>>
>>5543457
Yeah the first zullbeast head matched the body better
>>
>>5543469
Its tjomegas fault
>>
>>5542827
I just think that it's stupid to be charged $18+ to ship a handful of Glyos figures when I know you can fit about 100 figures in the largest priority box and ship it across country for $13.45. I get packages that cost $6-7 to ship, but am getting charged $18+ and this has happened with multiple Glyos-compatible companies. So, stupid and no reason for the prices being like that.
>>
I love this stupid post from Marty:

"I think maybe the Knights of the Slice might be more along the Power Rangers/Thunder Rangers theme/homage. ;)

TGB"
>>
>>5543756
Lame excuse. WoM being a better homage of Skeletor didn't stop him from doing a KM Skeletor rip-off.

And Callgrim being a better homage for Boba Fett didn't stop him from doing a KM Boba Fett rip-off.

Basically, it's a cash grab. Marty knows he can sell through those other two, but he'll sit on Power Ranger shit forever so he won't touch it.
>>
>>5543765
Maybe it is because power rangers are for 5 year olds and suck. Think about it, why would he do power rangers when he posted up sectaurs homage photoshops and a bunch of collectors went nuts. One person asks for a power ranger homage and he should run right out and make it? That's stupid and your right, they won't sell. So why would he make something that won't sell? You do understand what running a small business is all about right? Ya, I didn't think so. Let me explain it so you can understand. If shit doesn't sell, then he has a store like nistuff and eventually no store with a garage full of boxes filled with power ranger homage km. lol
>>
File: bee.jpg (70 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
bee.jpg
70 KB, 1024x768
HOLY FUCKING SHIT
I DON'T EVEN CARE THAT THIS THREAD IS JUST SHITPOSTING
BUT HOLY FUCK
LEARN SOME GODDAMN GRAMMAR IF YOU'RE GOING TO TYPE PARAGRAPHS

FUCKING LEARN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOUR AND YOU'RE

FUCKING LEARN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TO, TWO, AND TOO

WHAT THE FUCK
WHY AM I EVEN HAVING TO TYPE THIS
WHO THE FUCK IS OVER THE AGE OF EIGHTEEN AND STILL CAN'T FUCKING WORDS

KILL YOURSELF
LITERALLY
I ACTUALLY WISH YOU WERE DEAD
WE CAN ALL TELL IT IS LITERALLY ONE PERSON BASED ON THE WRITING STYLE AND BLATANT IGNORANCE OF KNOWING HOW TO TYPE BASIC WORDS PROPERLY
FUCK YOU
I'M SO GODDAMN MAD
JUST FUCK YOU FAGGOT
I HOPE YOU THINK ABOUT THIS POST WHEN YOU GO TO SLEEP AT NIGHT
FUCK OFF AND DIE
>>
>>5544677
Dude calm, down ur actin 2 crazy its is just a toy boredd
>>
>>5544713
Lol, trying to type like marty just to push this retard over the edge. Nice!
>>
Mecha Treeborgs tonight from Spaced Out Design. If anything deserved to go into a factory run in the future, it's this one.
>>
>>5543457

It's like a Ghoulie.
>>
>>5547914

Damn, I didn't even know about these until I saw your post. They're radically different than the bits and bobs that were being sold a couple of years ago.
>>
>>5547991
Yeah, I caught his post earlier in the week about them going up tonight. Almost everything is gone now. Rise of Acris has been his best line yet.
>>
so onell drop announcement in like a few days?
>>
>>5554140
Most likely.
>>
Glyos is kill gtfo wit dat shit
>>
It does feel like Glyos is kill, so little activity on the Connect forum (nothing like how October Toys Forum used to be). I think Ni is buried in his own Outlander back stock.
>>
>>5560032
otf was kill a couple years prior to glyos connect. outlanders were kill in their first year, now it's a dried up turd.
>>
>>5560240
>>5560032
I never found the Outlander nice looking from the get-go. It was just full of such awkward design decisions and shape language. I think I only ever bought like, three, and I was displeased every time. IMO the best thing Ni has brought us as far as production plastic was the Leyden head, that thing is great.
>>
File: goth.jpg (79 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
goth.jpg
79 KB, 960x960
>>5560240
>>5560523
If you contact Ni Stuff personally, you can actually get the Leyden builds for Outlanders sold by themselves. I love Leydens. I don't think Glyos is kill either, the Glyarmor is amazing and the bird head is so so lovely.
>>
What does glyos is kill mean?
>>
>>5560576
you can get pretty much everything he has ever made
>>
>>5560608
It's a forced meme suggesting that Glyos is dying out because "ohhh noooo this drop didn't sell out immediately" or similar dumb reasons. Ignore it.
>>
>>5562215
It's not exactly forced and it's not exactly true but it's not exactly not true either.

The biggest problem with glyos is that it has already peaked. The fan base is incredibly small, probably the smallest out of any fandom and it's amazing it exists at all considering just how much product is out there. At any given time the amount of people buying glyos toys on anything approaching a regular basic is considerably less than 500 people(likely actually around 250 at best). Factory minimum requirements for production are right around these numbers, and it's not a toyline (or toylines) that pull in lots of new fans. Sure, every once in a while someone finally buys a figure and finds out they love it, but for every person that does there's a person that just bought their 50th version of a Pheyden who is done and sells off most of their shit and never buys in again.

This is just a long winded way of saying that it's a stale fanbase that is not expanding, and the production is so small scale that a simple handful of releases not selling through mean the death of the line. You can already see how scaled back it has gotten- we went from having big drops full of every available mold including vinyl pieces every 2 months to now having select smaller drops with only a handful of releases. "Big" drops now still rarely have every mold and are more like once every 6-8 months at most. Plus many of the other companies that sprung up selling glyos toys have already packed it in. 4 Horsemen jumped ship because they couldn't afford to do glyos toys anymore- there toys were a little more expensive and they couldn't justify only selling 150 of a figure. Callgrim has gone on for as long as year without releases, we've gotten a few recently but it's very obviously winded down. Nistuff is legit kill, nothing has sold through and his releases have trickled down to nothing. WoM has retired one mold entirely and slowed to a painful release schedule as well...
>>
>>5562423
Skeleton warriors failed and rightfully so. So did the latest rise of the beasts garbage. Kent is an idiot who doesn't know what to do with literal gold, and the only sister company doing well at all is Godbeast through sheer willpower.

It's an interesting toyline and an interesting fandom but it is undeniably on the downturn. It's inspired the biggest spenders to jump in on the toymaking game, but none of them bring enough new blood to the table to make it worthwhile. Instead there was just more and more product to try and get sold over the same 300 or so people. Onell will outlast all the sister companies, but even if it does still exist in 5 years it will be selling the same 6 molds to the same 200 people so it doesn't really fucking matter either way.
>>
>>5562423
To be totally fair, the 4H always did Glyos System stuff as more of a side hustle. They always had other, more significant stuff going on. Jesse is taking time off from Callgrim to build his printing business. I'm not sure what to tell you about WoM, I feel like their product is solid but they haven't run any colors that interested me in a long, long, long time. Ni kinda fucked himself, too many releases too quick and a lot of people never liked the Outlander mold much in the first place.

Anyway...things have slowed down, but as long as Matt keeps doing what he does, I'm fine. I'm happy with the way things are for Onell actually, when things were at their peak and we were getting big drops on the reg, my wallet simply couldn't keep up and I was always having to make these gut-wrenching decisions on what to cut out of my order. Smaller drops mean I can actually afford everything I want.
>>
>>5562431
Kent is an idiot, yes. Which is why I'm glad that Matt seems to have sort of "reclaimed" the Roboforce mold (which is a damn good mold, and he himself sculpted it!) and is including it in Onell drops. Where it always seems to sell out almost instantly. This means I get to enjoy those sweet ass parts without having to think about Kent.

Skeleton Warriors was not well thought out, but at least we got some sweet Glyos-compatible skeleton bits out of it. I still use those in builds.

I agree with your general message, but if you really think about it, the base Onell line has really been changing and improving a lot over the past few years. It sometimes FEELS like "oh cool, more Pheydens." But we've actually gotten a lot of new molds and parts peppered in there too.
>>
File: fttt.jpg (52 KB, 614x346) Image search: [Google]
fttt.jpg
52 KB, 614x346
you guys find any fedoras for your glyos to wear? :^)
>>
>>5562652
God I both love and hate seeing try-hard fans try and make these look cool on Instagram. It usually amounts to them replacing all but the feet, hands, and head.
>>
File: 1244449642374.jpg (157 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1244449642374.jpg
157 KB, 1024x768
>>5562652
This line simply shouldn't have been made Glyos compatible. It seems forced and pointless. It would have been WAY cooler with a joint setup like this, to homage the old MMPR figures.
>>
>>5562903
too much work. not even Neca would do that and hastings were the only retailer that carried the blind bag fedoras
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSJgzEt1Pj8
>>
>>5562652
>didn't even get trench coats.
>>
>>5562903
The yellow Ranger looks like she is the SHE HULK or something and pink simply LOOKS creepy.
>>
File: 1236921627281.jpg (90 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1236921627281.jpg
90 KB, 960x720
>>5562929
Well, that's what happens when you use one buck for everyone (and said buck happens to be barrel chested to begin with, to accommodate the head-flipping gimmick).
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peWO6uhoIP8

kinda respect the guy. does more than scott ever did
>>
>>5562431
>Kent is an idiot who doesn't know what to do with literal gold
>>5562445
>Kent is an idiot, yes. Which is why I'm glad that Matt seems to have sort of "reclaimed" the Roboforce mold (which is a damn good mold, and he himself sculpted it!)
could you two expand upon this? how is the roboforce mold "gold" and how kent is squandering it?
>>
File: 30122008302.jpg (134 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
30122008302.jpg
134 KB, 1024x768
>>5562903
At least they should've homaged the chogokin figures. Maybe even with metal. Its so weird making a power rangers toy homage that only vaguely looks like actual Power Rangers toys(the roided out stuff seen In Space and beyond).But even then that resemblance seems more coincidental than intentional.
>>
File: IMPERIOUS MAXX MOCK UP.jpg (85 KB, 1288x966) Image search: [Google]
IMPERIOUS MAXX MOCK UP.jpg
85 KB, 1288x966
>>5562959
The Roboforce mold is just great in general. Lots of interesting pieces for robot building, and a very cool sculpt by Matt himself. It's just fantastic.

Kent (who is already not very well liked for being a giant dicknozzle on the forums) is currently making very poor decisions on what colors and paint apps to run, and started up this disastrous Club Zeton thing which charged people $75 for some small side perks and this amazingly hideous exclusive colorway that everyone hated and some rather mediocre colorways of existing molds (like Callgrim and Skeleden).
>>
>>5563018
Oh, don't even bring up the club! Holy balls, the club is in good hands?!?

Remember how Kent used to rail on 4H and how he would show everyone how to do a proper "club"? Well, what a huge headache his stupid clubs have been. What a joke.
>>
>>5563018
You know, I'd REALLY like to be able to buy Roboforce toys in colors that actually reference the originals, instead of a Max that was an incredibly "blink and you'll miss it, I'll never rerun it in these colors again for people who find out about this line later" limited quantities, or running them in whatever plastic colors Matt bought in bulk for the latest Glyos drop. Not everyone has to get in on Matt's color choices just for the sake of "line consistency", dammit.
>>
>>5563606
LOL...you actually like the original Roboforce shit. Unreal. I thought Kent was the only one that ever could think it was a good idea to dig that crap out of the trenches rather than just make something new.
>>
>You guys are fantastic!

>Nazgar, Assassin and Striker are sold out, and thank you for validating my faith in the idea of moving ahead with new figures.
>It is difficult to be in this business. The rewards are intense - I like making things and knowing people are having fun collecting and building with them - but there is always that risk that a new product won't go over as well as one would like.
>We don't have that here.

>It's going to be a while before you see any new product out of Toyfinity, with Chinese New Year shutting the factories down, but look for more Toyfinity fun around May of this year!
>>
>>5563980
No, I'd like the NEW shit if it was done in original colors as an updated homage, instead of radioactive orange monstrosities. If I wanted the ORIGNAL shit toys, I'd hunt them down on eBay. Learn to comprehend.
I'd prefer to configure them like Matt does, with actual arms or legs, but so far Kent has yet to produce them in a color that actually makes me want to pull the trigger.
A smart man, if he wanted to do an homage and capitalize on nostalgia, would produce the toys in their actual freaking colors, which was my whole original point before you let your Kent hatred get the better of you.
>>
File: Robo-Force-Basic-Maxx-030.jpg (732 KB, 3669x2198) Image search: [Google]
Robo-Force-Basic-Maxx-030.jpg
732 KB, 3669x2198
>>5564117
I sorta feel like you do, but to be fair, Kent does OCCASIONALLY try to produce them in original colors. Like, when he ran the original Maxx colors, I finally bought in, and I love those.
>>
>>5563018
>>5563455
so how do you run a club well?
>>
>>5564117
My point is Roboforce blows and I have no idea what the original colors are and could care less. So, agreed...Kent should just make them in good colors and make interesting combinations. That said, Kent has made a number of colors, so you could've bought a few and made your own mashups to suit your personal taste...that's how Glyos works.
>>
>>5564859
I'd say you ship the shit you say you're going to in a timely manner. And, don't just cut out/neglect huge parts of your "club". Under-promise, over-deliver.
>>
>>5565490
Didn't Glyosphere make most of the lineup now between the various releases?
>>
File: Cady-Trio-Drawing-WEB.png (1 MB, 1000x808) Image search: [Google]
Cady-Trio-Drawing-WEB.png
1 MB, 1000x808
Crayons confirmed for next week
>>
>>5567250
Why can't we get Star Fox's Falco yet?
>>
>>5567361
I'd love a whole starfox drop, but they'd have to bring back the wolf armorvor head.
>>
>>5567387
I never understood why the wolf head had to stop rather than add a buck and give two heads.
Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.