[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'd like to make a thread to talk about this guy... What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 13
File: red1.png (241 KB, 554x320) Image search: [Google]
red1.png
241 KB, 554x320
I'd like to make a thread to talk about this guy...

What do you guys plan on doing in terms of the Red Nendoroid and your collection? Will you be getting the Champion Ver. along with Red/Green (assuming it becomes easily available)? To anybody who owns Red now, will you sell yours, or perhaps skip out on the Champion Ver., or just have both?

I don't want 3 Red's, 2 of them being the same, in my collection. I don't want to sell my current Red because of the master ball, happy face, and starter pokemon, but I want the champion version because of the evolved forms. On top of all of this, I want the hell out of Green, so I'll be owning yet another Red.

I'm thinking of just selling my current Red and missing out on a happy Red. I can have classic Red being relatively happy, I suppose.
Any thoughts on this scenario?
>>
>>5471123
As someone who owns original Red I won't be picking up the Champion ver. This is largely in part of having every d-arts and they just can't be beat as of right now. Will get Classic Red n Blue though, if I don't have to middleman them as I have already been fucked over with cynthia and N releasing in the U.S. anyway.
>>
Do we have US release dates right now? I only have enough spare cash for champion red right now, but I heard classic won't be here until June.
>>
>>5471138

End of feb
>>
I don't own the original but I see where you're coming from. I'll be buying the red vs green and the new champion red if i'm able. I hope OP is pre-order because wow I do not want to compete with autists over a 150-200$ chibi figure.

In your position I would keep them all. ebay is being flooded with reds and retards trying to sell them without accessories.
>>
File: 1454887927003.png (100 KB, 352x345) Image search: [Google]
1454887927003.png
100 KB, 352x345
>>5471123
If I didn't preorder this guy already am I just fucked? I'm enjoying the hell out of my Fire Red run right now

>tfw no Nidoking toys
>>
File: 160205_p03_pic01.jpg (97 KB, 640x444) Image search: [Google]
160205_p03_pic01.jpg
97 KB, 640x444
I want classic red but he's probably going to be pricey as he's only available with green and mew. I'm not a fan if nendoroids or of pokemon really but sugimori's art for gen 1 and 2 have always been really appealing to me. I'll be on the lookout but will probably just pass.
>>
>>5471144
Including Classic Red?
>>
I'm buying it solely for the fact that the Garchomp that came with Cynthia is really good for a chibified beast and having 3 of them with Red is enough to make up for his blandness.
>>
>>5471221

That I don't know. They didn't say a date yet for classic.
>>
I don't have any purpose for it, I have the d-arts, and although they suck they are still better than the props this guy comes with
I have the regular red version so I don't need another just for an ultra ball

I'd like to get the original version too because its different enough to justify having both

pose venusaur with fire red, pose charizard and blastoise with red and blue
>>
pokemon can't do anything right when it comes to toys
>>
>>5471235
>>5471221

Champion end of this month, Red & Green in July.
>>
>>5471123
I missed out on the original Red so I'm definitely getting one of the two, almost definitely OG Red and Green if possible. If I can do that, I'll probably also get Champion ver. Red just for the evolved starters to go with them since I don't have nor have the money for the D-Arts
>>
>>5471160
He hasn't gone up for preorder yet
>>
getting both Champion Red and Red + Green

only reason I'm getting Champion Red is because of the evolved starters, they're going to be used with Red and Green
>>
>>5471253
Oh good, I was worried I'd have to miss out on one of them. I'm pretty broke at the moment.
>>
>>5471123
>but I want the champion version because of the evolved forms
Just buy other figures of the starters. Surely you dont really need these particular ones. You could even sell Champion Red "for parts" like when people sell broken figures, surely theres someone out there who wants a Red nendo which maybe less valuable but affordable to another
>>
>>5471920
And how much do you think the "for parts" sale would be worth?

Also, getting rid of the starter Pokemon wouldn't be a big deal, since they are so easy to get elsewhere. The main problem, small as it is, is the Happy face, and the Master/Pokeballs. Not a huge deal, but still, it's hard to kind of just give up.
>>
>>5471931
maybe 20$ at the least? Another thinng is that small-scale unevolved starters are still easy to come by, so that may be less of a concern as well
>>
>>5471945
Exactly, for 20 bucks I'm better off just selling the whole thing complete on ebay for close to 200, and then I'll just miss out on having a happy face Red with a master ball
>>
File: 1454815243231.jpg (188 KB, 874x1241) Image search: [Google]
1454815243231.jpg
188 KB, 874x1241
I'm hoping Bandai do a game sprite adaptation statuteshit like Brock and Misty, this could be good as well
>>
Though the anime is pretty much Simpsons-tier, I want an Ash with a poseable Pikachu.
>>
>>5471963
I was hoping this would be a model kit though
>>
>>5471963
I'm glad they gave kept the old cat irises, and pikachu is fat and doesn't look like a human baby.
>>
>>5471963
>not megahouse
I'll buy this one
>>
>>5471963
Praise Kotobukiya for their recent trend of making figures for characters that really needed some
>>
>>5472093
You forgot
>not Ash

Biggest reason to get this one instead
>>
>>5472179
I actually like ash desu. I have a lot of memories with him in the original series
>>
>>5472212
Fair enough. I just don't like what's become of him. Also I favor Red a lot more
>>
>>5472753
ash used to be relatable, he was a kid, naive to the world, but believed in himself and knew he could do anything he set his mind to

now he's older, cocky instead of confident, and still just awful as a trainer
>>
>>5472762
Never really liked Ash that much myself. Everyone else was better than him somehow, and most of his wins were through surprise evolutions or new learned moves.
>>
File: Feels good toad man.jpg (34 KB, 457x480) Image search: [Google]
Feels good toad man.jpg
34 KB, 457x480
>>5471963
>tfw Hitoshi Ariga
>>
Does PokemonCenter.com ship internationally?
>>
You guys are fucking idiots if you think original red and blue arent coming over. How many times do you have to be fooled before you wise up?
>>
>>5477868
No. you can join a pick-up on pkmncollectors livejournal or possibly as a usa friend?
>>
>>5483043

stop being a dick
>>
>>5483151

Let me know if I said something untrue, bud
>>
>>5471123
is there a date for pre orders on this?
>>
>>5483177
no and they havent said anything about preorder. chance of straight sale with restocks but yeah its likely to be preorder.
>>
>>5483177
>>5483203
it comes out the 27th for sale
>>
>>5483164

Did I say it wasn't true? Your tone was unnecessarily dickish and you got called on it. Man up and accept it.
>>
>>5484103

You're telling someone to man up because you dont like the way they said something. Not only is that ironic, but it's pretty clear you belong on tumblr instead of here you autismal buttstain.
>>
>>5483043
but not for two years since pokemon since the 20th anniversary in the west is 2018...
d-do I clown face now? lemme try ;o]

fuck
>>
>>5484147

Except the reason we're getting red championship version as stated by them was for the 20th anniversary. Woops what is logic and fact.
>>
File: 150px-Red_on_bike.png (53 KB, 150x206) Image search: [Google]
150px-Red_on_bike.png
53 KB, 150x206
>>5471963
i wish he had these proportions
I actually like sugimoris current style but i dont think it works with red
it really needs his jeans tucked into his shoes and those big straps too
>>
You know what? Fuck this. I've decided that if Red and Green make it over to America, I'm going to buy that, and sell my old Red. And that's it. 1 Red, 1 Green. Not to mention the Red I grew up with as a child.
>>
>>5471123
What's your guys guesses on the pre order price for this?
>>
>>5489132
I'm guessing 150? Possibly 200 if GSC really wants to jew (and they do)
>>
>>5489272
No way. That's insane. I'm guessing anywhere between 80-120.
>>
>>5489132
supposedly it's 7500 yen (~$66 USD)
>>
>>5489658
I think that was the price for classic Red and Green
>>
I missed him the first time and I already have the evolved form with the D-arts. After seeing the classic double pack >>5471185 the only appealing thing about the first Red for me is the starters.
>>
I have both the original Red and the starter D-Arts. I got them pretty recently too, at really good prices. But it took a lot of time and patience, so I really cherish them now and I wouldn't sell them off.

So personally I have no interest in the Champion Red. He has less accessories and I think the small starters suit his chibi style better. Although I prefer the D-Arts, I do think these evolved starters look pretty neat too. So he is definitely a great alternative for those who can't get the original or the D-Arts, with their insane price tags and oceans of shitty bootlegs.

I will definitely be getting Red and Green though. I'm really excited that they're exploring classic trainers from Sugimori's old style, and I hope there will be more. Gold trainer with Johto starters would be a nice addition. Or maybe Misty or Sabrina or other Gym Leaders.

Does anyone else feel the same?
>>
File: tumblr_nnbpq9ua3f1tls927o1_1280.jpg (294 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnbpq9ua3f1tls927o1_1280.jpg
294 KB, 1280x960
>>
God damn it.
>>
>>5490196
im in the same boat as you. i was perfectly content with my red and d-arts, but god damnit im a sucker for the classic art styles. i just wish red would come with a pikachu
>>
>>5489382
We'll see. It has three huge pokes and its exclusive.
>>
>>5471123
I own the first Red. I'm planning to get these two >>5471185 and to sell my other Red when they arrive.
>>
>>5490196
A Gym Leader line covering all gens would be the greatest thing. But I know they won't do the whole lot so I'd be happy even with just a few of the popular obvious ones.
>>
File: Spr_RG_Sabrina.png (16 KB, 112x56) Image search: [Google]
Spr_RG_Sabrina.png
16 KB, 112x56
>>5492436
Woah that's steep. At the 150-200 price you could nearly just stretch yourself and get the original Red.

>>5492554
Yeah I agree, some fit better than others. I think Sabrina would look great with her big hair, a whip and maybe an Abra/Alakazam. Erika too in her kimono, with a cute Tangela.
>>
>>5492810
Was gonna say that

It would defeat the purpose of a rerelease if it's just going to be as expensive as the old one.
People may decide to just spring for the starters at that point.
>>
>>5492810
>>5493217
But why would you even want to if you can get the evolved starters instead, assuming you don't already have the D-arts? Besides, the huge Pokemon have to have add sort of value, especially when there's three of them that are about as big as the main nendoroid itself. It's not technically a rerelease anyway
>>
>>5493765
Cynthia with Garchomp was $50. Assuming The Nendoroid itself was about $35(about reasonable), that makes $15 for the Garchomp. So two more in that size would bring it to about $80.
>>
File: 1310581525531.jpg (4 KB, 319x316) Image search: [Google]
1310581525531.jpg
4 KB, 319x316
>>5491338
You're a funny one.
>>
>>5471963
Are the champion and R/G Nendos just the same Red but with different Pokemon?
>>
File: SigmaCloud1455673663.jpg (324 KB, 2500x2500) Image search: [Google]
SigmaCloud1455673663.jpg
324 KB, 2500x2500
Some sweet new images got released.
>>
File: SigmaCloud1455673727.jpg (230 KB, 2500x2500) Image search: [Google]
SigmaCloud1455673727.jpg
230 KB, 2500x2500
>dat ultra ball
>>
>>5495300
Blastoise just looks wrong. Like some bootleg.
>>
>>5495300
>>5495293
All quiiiite nice

>no Pokedex

Yeah, I was wondering if I should trade in my old Red for this one or something.
I think it's going to be a definite pass. If I didn't have Red, sure, but I don't need to buy this for the evolved forms.
I also just finally made the plunge and bought a Charizard D Arts ("scored" one for $150...im happy with it), which is the only one I really 'need' (for Smash display purposes), so I'm okay.

but again, looks nice
>>
I'll probably just be picking up Red and Blue (Green to all the nips our there). I'd love to have the starters and evolved forms, but it's not worth spending triple the price on redundant main figures.
I will need to find a a good Pikachu to go with classic Red though, since I grew up on Yellow vers.
>>
>>5495311
I want to buy a sleeping Pikachu to go with him
>>
>>5495308

I think you should keep the Pokeball and three starters from your old Nendoroid Red and throw what's left on the BST for $70. Undoubtedly someone will buy it.
>>
>>5495315
I'd love a little half-scale pikachu with a voice bubble accesory with interchangeable little slides of the vignettes he shows in Yellow. But that's probably asking a lot.
>>
>>5495326
Actually, now that I think about it the Pikachu amiibo should be at a good proportion to the Nendoroid...
>>
>>5495318
H-howd you know it was me...?

Is my typing style that transparent?
>>
>>5495332
It's a little big and on a shitty stand if you don't mind that
>>
>>5495340
Whoops, forgot about the awful stands on amiibos.
>>
>>5495303
Yeah even in the teaser images it looked weird to me: that hog face and nose.

>>5495308
Nice! Where did you pick up Charizard? I recently got one too, for about the same price. Fucking took forever to find though, definitely worthy of grail status.
Otherwise I'm in the same boat as you. They look way nicer now in these pictures, but having Red and the D-Arts already is gonna make me pass on getting this one.
>>
>>5495483
Nice man yeah I was super happy I didn't have to pay north of 200 for the dude, been waiting forever as well to snag a decent deal on him. I actually have been lurking 'myfigurecollection' lately as people will just randomly post that they are selling their figures there. I ended up messaging a guy right after he posted about his Charizard!
How about you, where did you find yours?
And yep, in a perfect world I'd just get them all lol but at this point I can pass on Champion
>>
>>5495587
Ah nice one! I think I remember seeing that one get posted up. I think it's been a long time since anyone was advertising him, you were right to pounce on it straight away.

I actually got my Charizard on Yahoo Japan. A lot of stuff goes for way cheaper than the usual routes and less people look there because they're not sure how to use it. I actually got my Red there too (although bootlegs float around even on YJ). Was so delighted when I won the auction lol.
>>
>>5495995
Hah yeah that's awesome... I shamefully don't know how to use Yahoo Japan myself, but I'll look into it sometime, it definitely sounds worthwhile!
>>
File: SigmaCloud1455673661.jpg (275 KB, 2500x2500) Image search: [Google]
SigmaCloud1455673661.jpg
275 KB, 2500x2500
As stated before, they posted some new images but it sucks they haven't revealed the price yet. It's only a little more than a week until orders go up and I don't see any reason why they would withhold the price when we already know classic Red and Green's price. Hopefully it'll be less than $100 max but you never know
>>
>>5497388
yeah that's a great point! it's strange there hasn't been any mention of price yet, and as another anon said, if it goes 150-ish + you could nearly just fork out a bit more and get the original Red.
>>
>>5495339
You're just a meme now.
Everyone knows the $70 nendo red scalper.
>>
File: redblue.jpg (34 KB, 612x406) Image search: [Google]
redblue.jpg
34 KB, 612x406
Really looking forward to Nendos from R&B.

But I have to admit I'm a little disappointed with how Red came. Maybe it's a result of Sugimori's older watercolour style, but compared to other Nendoroids he looks a bit like a bootleg. His face paint appears cheap and the high contrast red/white plus the cold colours overall don't make him as appealing. Maybe I have to warm up to him.

Green looks really nice though!
>>
>>5497857
>>5495339
>>5495318
>>5495308

this is better than autismo
>>
>>5471123
>I'd like to make a thread to talk about this guy...
Too bad. Talk about it in one of the two threads it belongs in.
>>5494557
>>5499471

The rest of you should be ashamed for letting this thread get any replies.
>>
>>5500086
Wow you're a giant faggot with a stick up ur ass
This is 4chans toy board not the United Nations confidential folder, who gives a fuck weeks after the thread is made
Pathetic
>>
>>5500086
We'll make threads to discuss whatever the fuck we want, faggot.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.