[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Patlabor Toys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: patlabor_cover.jpg (127 KB, 1305x900) Image search: [Google]
patlabor_cover.jpg
127 KB, 1305x900
Hello Toy, im not Use to Japanese stuff
And I was thinking on Getting something from Patlabor

I saw some Revoltech stuff, it is good?
or there is something better?

what are my options and some body have something?
>>
>>5406497
The Revoltechs are alright, and they're pretty inexpensive, but there are much better options. The Bandai kits look really good.
>>
>>5406497
>Dollar menu

Revoltech. Good figures for the price, especially the reissues with the new joints.

>Great home-cooked meal

Bandai MG kits.

>Preordered Christmas Hamper

Supposedly Bandai are doing Robot Damashii Patlabor in the near future.

>Won the Powerball, bought a haute cuisine restaurant

Yamato 1/24 Labors. There is no competition, these are some of the finest collectables ever made.
>>
File: 5949.jpg (193 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
5949.jpg
193 KB, 800x533
>>5406497
Revoltechs are pretty good for completed figures. Get the movie version though.

However there are Robot Damashii that were shown. I doubt they will cancel it so might wanna wait. Unless you can find the Revo for an okay price.
>>
File: Ingram.jpg (393 KB, 980x1306) Image search: [Google]
Ingram.jpg
393 KB, 980x1306
>>5406517
Best: Yamato 1/24 scale Ingram (pic related)
These are literally the best Ingram you can get.
They come with all the gimmicks, open and adjustable cockpit, lights, that tiny tow cable at the crotch which is retractable, visor shield, Revolver Canon with fucking tiny rounds, extendable arms with articulate fingers and lots of die cast.

But they're bloody rare or very expensive if you can find them. Also it's difficult to find other toy lines to scale these with.

Next better: CM Corp Brave Gokin Ingrams
Pretty good for their size, with some nice gimmicks like openable cockpit and lights (certain pieces only). However rather expensive to get now.

Cheapest and Easiest to get: Model kits
Easily available, but older kits are pretty sucky (mostly because the rubber sleeves restrict articulation on the joints

2nd Cheapest: Revoltechs
Relatively limited articulation, and because it's PVC, has a somewhat gummy look (looks less sharp). But considerable if you're desperate.
Also they're the only line after the model kit that has the most number of different models (i.e. they have the Helldiver, Broken and Griffon)

Alternatively, wait for the Robot Damashi.
Bandai showed them at their previous Tamashii nation event, and they look somewhat decent.
>>
>>5406751
>>5406551

This "giant robot" scaling thow me off a little bit, but im getting an idea.

the Revoltech is kind like 5" or something.
but if the Robot Damashii is made, how much should it cost, and how big it is.
>>
>>5407028
Robot Damashii will run you about $40-50 dollars, be around 5-6" tall and have absolutely excellent quality for the size across the board.

It's the line that effectively killed Revoltech when it came to small-scale mech figures.
>>
>>5407036
that sound like i should wait for that version...
even if i saw a $25 revoltech version.

going to check when the robot damashii comes out
>>
>>5407064
There is nothing to check. those are just prototypes shown with no release date. Will probably be this year though.
>>
>>5406497
Revos are shit. The sculpt is meh, the paintjob is sloppy and they age like milk.

Either wait for the RDs or rape your wallet with the Yamato 1/24s.
>>
>>5407036
it didn't kill the Revoltech, since it focused so much more on Real Robot, while the Revoltech line usually had more Super Robots.

Now the SRC are probably partially more reponsible for Revoltech's trickling release of Super Robots.
>>
File: patlabor.jpg (58 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
patlabor.jpg
58 KB, 600x600
>>5407444
Ingram and the other Labors are not that bad, since it was a different sculptor. The details were stamped on so they look just fine. 20-30 bucks I think it's worth owning.
>>
Bear in mind that only the plastic & vinyl kits have some of the more exotic labors like Phantom and Reactive Suit Ingrams. Really hope the upcoming Damashii line will bring more variety of labors than the usual. TV/OVA ver. Peacemakers that doesn't suck will be nice.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.