[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any good Hanna Barbera figures/toys out there for a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: Hanna-Barbera.jpg (442 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
Hanna-Barbera.jpg
442 KB, 500x350
Are there any good Hanna Barbera figures/toys out there for a good price?
>>
>>5395189
I believe Jazwares made some characters a few years ago, but knowing Jazwares, the quality is probably garbage.
>>
>Wanting to remember the dark age of animation.

Anyway, a lot of statues of classic cartoon stuff, but very little toys. There's a bunch of Scooby Doo stuff since it is, for some reason, still incredibly popular, but not much else.

This is the monster set, for example. Something like thirty bucks all together, I think?
>>
I know this will most likely not happen but I would really like to see S.H Figuarts or Figma figures of Tom & Jerry, it would be really cool putting them in different poses and such along with other characters.
>>
I still wanna see figures for Jonny Quest.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
Where the fuck do i get all of the boomerang toys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3X-76GO8vE
>>
>>5395405
ebay, flea markets, and swap meets
>>
>>5395335
>dark age of animation
>still made better content than the shit today
>>
>>5395398
They made a bunch of toys for that 90's Johnny Quest show, but that's it as far as I'm aware.
>>
>>5395440
>Waah! Old things are always better! This generation sucks!

Sorry, it's pretty well established fact that the period from '52 to the late '80s/early '90s is the worst in animation history, including today.
>>
>>5395457
Yeah, but I'm talking original Quest. A time when weapons utilizing actual bullets was allowed in a cartoon.
>>
>>5395440
This.
>>
>>5395460
This
>>
>>5395460
I don't care what you say, whatever drek was made back then could not possibly have been worse than johnny test
>>
>>5395460
The Simpsons debuted in 1989.
Aeon Flux came out in 1991.
Batman: the Animated Series ran from '92-'95.
Gargoyles ran from '94-'96.
ReBoot was on from '94-2000.

You are flat wrong.
>>
>>5395588
If you can sit there with a straight face and tell me that Johnny Test was worse than something like Magilla Gorilla, we have nothing more to discuss. Johnny Test is terrible, but the animation quality at the very least is superior to even the best Hanna-Barbera cartoon

>>5395594
Literally all of those are from the late 80's or early 90's, which is when I said the ghetto ended and the renaissance began. I don't know why you are giving me evidence that supports what I said and then calling me wrong.
>>
>>5395624
although i agree with the hannah barbara period being the worst period for cartoons, you did in fact say the late 80s/early 90s. Read your post again.
>>
>>5395624
>Johny Test
>Animation quality

If you like squares everywhere and the occasional circle, sure.
>>
>>5395697
>the period from '52 to the late '80s/early '90s

If I say "The class goes from 3 o'clock to 4 o'clock" that means that the class ends at 4 o'clock and is no longer in session, just as here it's clear that the meaning is that the period ended in the late 80s/early 90s.

Many people say the premier of The Simpsons was the end. Some count "The Rescuers" in 1990 as the end, as it was the first feature length animation made without cameras. While others say 'one good cartoon doesn't end an era' and stretch it out a few years later to where some of those started airing concurrently and where the saturday morning cartoons officially died.
>>
>>5395719
Bruce Timm's opinion is that a sea change was when Disney started doing Saturday morning cartoons.disney refused to do them for years since they didn't think they could manage a budget for decent quality animation on a tv show, and stayed out. When they finally entered the market is when Warner and other companies started putting massive effort into their network animation.
>>
>>5395405
its a private collection of Marx toys owned by someone. good fucking luck getting anything they used in the bumps for anything lower than a couple hundred dollars.
>>
>>5395189
Shouldve gotten Jazwares' stuff while they were still new. Sure they were flawed, but previous companies didnt really do better
>>
General comment on the secondary topic: as someone who grew up in the latter days of the Dark Ages, I actually do still have fond memories of the shitty H-B era. Yeah, most were total garbage, but I still watched the fuck out of them and would have killed for good toys of them (especially mo'fukkin Thundarr the Barbarian and "Space Stars," the 80s revamp of Space Ghost and The Hurculoids, plus new team Teen Force...first cartoon crossover series since Laff-A-Lympics).

...and, having lived through it as a kid and teenager, I agree with Bruce Timm, the REAL tipping point where I noticed things started getting better WAS when Disney entered the fray and started forcing the other animation houses by example to step up their games.

Yeah, I bash on newer shit like Johnny Test and Teen Titans GO!, and I will publicly deny that they have ANY improvements over the old HB and Ruby-Spears stuff, but there is technical improvements...but they aren't my toons. They're the new kids' toons, and THEY will be defending THEM to THEIR kids. Let 'em have 'em, it's their time, we got our shitty old toons already to watch, we got our adult swim and Toonami, we haven't been forgotten.

Back on the ACTAL topic before this turns into /co/ anymore, Toynami put out a line of pretty good HB figures in the early 2000s...I got an SDCC exclusive of the aforementioned Thundarr with a glow-in-the-dark Sunsword a few years ago. I don't know what the aftermarket prices are, but it's worth checking out.
>>
>>5395460
this...this is so wrong, why are you so wrong anon?

>>5395594
Thank you

>>5395624
Sleeping beauty came out in '59....
I also think Wacky races was Stella and the Flinstones set a tone for being able to create a 'family' comedy out of a cartoon. Where would we be without the amazing scoobydoo as well?
>>
File: Herculoids2.jpg (158 KB, 1024x577) Image search: [Google]
Herculoids2.jpg
158 KB, 1024x577
Best HB action cartoon, still regret never owning these.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.