[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
S.H. Figuarts Kamen Rider
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 11
Okay, guys. If I could only buy one Kamen Rider figure, which one should it be and why?
>>
Since you're posting Black Rx, get the Rx Renewal. He's pretty solid.

In case you were just posting a random Rider, get SHFSS Kabuto or Kuuga or just wait for Dickedo (which you probably won't want to do)
>>
Get Rider 1.
>>
File: FIG-COL-9004.jpg (56 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
FIG-COL-9004.jpg
56 KB, 560x560
Buy several, smaller Kamen Riders.
>>
kabuto renewal.
>>
>>5378707
Kamen Rider Black Renewal. He was my Kamen Rider/Doctor.
>>
File: Yotsuba & Rider.jpg (125 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Yotsuba & Rider.jpg
125 KB, 1024x768
I like the Next designs.
>>
File: zo.jpg (114 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
zo.jpg
114 KB, 600x600
Definitely get the newer ones. Older releases has proportion problems. The Showa Riders are still okay so maybe Sakurajima ver Rider 1? Still easy to get I think.

Personally I like ZO. Black renewal version is good. Rider 3 is pretty cool figure too. I think you can tell I'm going with the more iconic grasshopper based designs. If you are getting just one it must be grasshopper based.
>>
File: DSC_0597.jpg (83 KB, 560x741) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0597.jpg
83 KB, 560x741
My personal favorite is Ixa. He's a really old one though and I have no idea what the used market is like for him.
>>
>>5379477

Pretty cheap, goes for 2k yen on Mandarake.
>>
Huuuum... what about the black kamen raider? The figuarts one, is it good?
>>
File: NIISAAAAAAAAAN.jpg (302 KB, 1072x804) Image search: [Google]
NIISAAAAAAAAAN.jpg
302 KB, 1072x804
>>5379907

Kamen Rider Black? Yeah he's good just make sure to get his Renewal.
>>
>>5378707
Kamen Rider Kabuto renewal.
>>
>>5378735
What scale are these? where can I get them? What is available?
>>
>>5380758
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-COL-9004

Shodo Kamen Rider VS.

4 inch scale Kamen Riders. Second set is going to be released in April
>>
I'm a little surprised, even among the same Shinkocchou, people are Kabuto>>>Kuuga or Agito.

You guys like the show way more, or is it the design/character of Kabuto?

I guess Kuuga is harder to get now, relatively.
>>
>>5380808

Kabuto has better articulation. Just like the original shfs
>>
>>5380950
...? They are just about the same, along with most modern releases.
>>
>>5378719
>SHFSS Kabuto
This. Best Rider SHF I own (and I own about 50).
>>
>>5380950
Arguably, Kuuga and Agito surpass Kabuto in terms of articulation, with regards to the SHFSS line.

The two have the better torso articulation and extension, which can hide itself and be flush. The ankles are sturdier in terms of build. Additionally, they both have the ball jointed wrists-- not hating on the peg joints, but they ARE limiting on Kabuto for angled wrist poses.

>>5381093
Do you own Kuuga or Agito? I have all three, and I find myself going Kuuga > Kabuto > Agito

Kabuto is second due to the sheer ingenuity with the line when it started, but the nice armored look. But Kuuga stands in front for looking for aesthetically classic, and having that more polished look. Once again, my opinion, but why do you put Kabuto at the top?
>>
Kamen rider Abyss. Guy sells for under 2k on mandarake and is absolutely amazing.
>>
File: figuartshibiki8.jpg (74 KB, 475x712) Image search: [Google]
figuartshibiki8.jpg
74 KB, 475x712
HIBIKI
I
B
I
K
I

Though seriously, it's almost a near-perfect figure (he's just missing possible alternate parts, the base figure itself is p much perfect imo). And you can get him as cheap as 3500y new.
>>5380808
I love Kabuto as a character, but the SHFSS is the weakest of all four personally. Fiddly chest, shitty wrist design system, wrist joints are secured way too well for such a thin joint.

I don't have Kuuga, but aren't Kuuga and Agito pretty much the same figure?
>>
File: DSCF2946.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
DSCF2946.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
I've only had two. I preferred Kuuga as my Alt Zero's arm exploded for no reason
>>
>>5378707
Buy all the Kamen Riders, don't be a bitch
>>
I own a few and Kabuto is my favourite.

I have the original, but I've heard the re-release is far superior.
>>
>>5383355
It's like a brilliant star in its prime compared to a dwarf.
>>
>>5383170
>Arguably, Kuuga and Agito surpass Kabuto in terms of articulation
That's actually wrong.
>Do you own Kuuga or Agito?
Yes and yes.
>why do you put Kabuto at the top?
Best Engineering and best look.
>>
File: 10182027a2.jpg (67 KB, 707x999) Image search: [Google]
10182027a2.jpg
67 KB, 707x999
Best Rider comin thru.
>>
>>5385333
fuck yeah stronger, the only downside for me is that his vest can obstuct a bit the neck if you want him to look down
>>
>>5383816
Not the same guy, but Agito and Kuuga *do* have that pullup on their torso. That does limit Kabuto in the slightest.
>>
>>5386956
I don't think you own the three figures.
>>
In case anyone is interested, I'm selling my BoA Masked Rider Magno/ Rideron. Scales perfectly with either Black Rx for display. $100+sh as opposed to the cost of the SHF version.

Pic not mine, just for illustration. Ask for email if you want details
>>
>>5378707
where should I start to get into this series? tv show/movie?
>>
>>5391847
Basically should stay with the Heisei Riser Series, so everything after Kuuga.

The movies used to be sort of an else world story, being separate from the TV shows, but since Decade or so it has been a mess of all Riders, Super Sentai, etc coming together, so I would not bother with them if you want to know the plot of the Riders they feature.

For movies, Kamen Rider ZO is a pretty good start, stays true to the theme of the original Kamen Rider and is a complete story. 555 (Faiz) movie is a self contained else world story so you can watch it with very little foreknowledge.

For the TV shows, I personally recommend Kuuga, Agito, 555, Kiva, W and Gaim. Those seem more true to "Kamen Rider-ness" to me, and have an overall plot, being less episodic structured than the newer ones.

I'm sure other people have completely different recommendations.
>>
>>5386979
We're talking renewals, right?

If so, then Agito and Kuuga have the extra joint on their waist that allows for them to extend their torso, making the hunched forward poses more defined and possible.

My renewal has the ability to do that, along with the floppy abdomen armor plate. but he cannot extend as high as the other two can.
>>
>>5392503
>We're talking renewals, right?
Yes we do. Try to put them in a pose Kabuto can't achieve. Protip: you can't.
>>
I personally really like the standard Ichigo figure.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.