[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /toy/ just wondering if someone could explain this to me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: s-l1600[1].jpg (171 KB, 1102x1480) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600[1].jpg
171 KB, 1102x1480
Hey /toy/ just wondering if someone could explain this to me.

I bought a friend this figure for her birthday:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-POP-Monkey-D-Luffy-Battle-Ver-Figure-Japan-Anime-One-Piece-Loose-Hot-Gift-/121760339597?hash=item1c597b568d:g:v8oAAOSwEetV97qs

And after purchasing I noticed that the description says "Unbranded" but other places say the brand is Figuarts. So did a buy a bootleg or something? The pics online look really good but I suspect they're off the Figuarts version, does anyone happen to have pictures of what I assume is a bootleg so I can make sure the quality is alright? Or am I over analyzing things and this is the figuarts version?

Thanks for your help. I don't buy figures too often so I didn't even realize bootlegging was potentially a thing
>>
Most likely a bootleg for that price, sorry OP.
>>
>>5358229

Thanks, how much worse in quality do bootlegs tend to be?

I feel like a fool, I thought the POP was that brand that makes those bobblehead shaped figures.
>>
>>5358220
Coming to /toy/ with statue shit. There is your first mistake.
>>
>>5358233
P.O.P. stands for Portrait of Pirates, which is a different brand of One Piece statues. The listing probably just has it there like how some figures are listed like "BANDAI FIGMA SHF SHFIGUARTS HASBRO".

And they vary, odds are this is what you're going to get.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2015-One-Piece-Monkey-D-Luffy-Battle-Ver-Figuarts-Zero-Boxed-Action-Figure-Cute-Toy/1626797_32270661239.html

But as >>5358239 said, /toy/ doesn't allow jap-statues. >>>/a/ has a buyfag thread up most of the time and they can tell you more.

Hope it doesn't look too shitty, good luck OP!

Merry Clitoris
>>
>>5358220
When using ebay, you should probably look at the price, location of seller, and the description.

If the deal is too good to be true, look elsewhere to see the differences in price. If the seller is from China or Hong Kong, just look elsewhere. Sometimes in the description, sellers will say that the figure they're offering is the "chinese version" instead of the authentic one. They're basically admitting that it's a bootleg.

Good thing you learned this lesson the cheap way. Some guys get fucked over for hundreds.
>>
>>5358250
>>5358278

Okay thanks. I didn't realize /a/ would be a better place, I didn't really distinguish figures from toys.

Thanks for the advice for the future, I honestly didn't realize toy bootlegging was a thing, but I guess it makes sense.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.