[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black Series Complaints
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
File: Snapchat-6162533455099433767~2.jpg (496 KB, 1432x1432) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-6162533455099433767~2.jpg
496 KB, 1432x1432
First off,
>inb4 Hasbro is shit
Anyway, what are your complaints with the Black Series line? I would have to complain about the low supply of many figures, the lack of a Leia that looks like Leia and the light sabers in the newer figures. Also a minor thing is that my Vader's right leg is very loose.
Pic related is my collection, I am getting Bosk, Boba Fett, and Scout Bike soon.
>>
>>5351432
They're a huge step back in quality compared to the Vintage Collection, the best Star Wars action figure line, releases of a few years back. The only good thing about them is that they've upgraded from the t-crotches, everything else about them is worse. The 3.75" line is dead, so I recommend you collect the Bandai Tamashii Nations S.H.Figuarts figures instead. They're exactly what the Black Series should have been, an incredibly detailed six inch line aimed at collectors.
>>
>>5351432
my huge complaint is no double jointed elbows. it would help a lot of the figures a lot.
>>
>>5351450
They'd be poorly implemented just like the double-jointed knees are. They need to upgrade to figma style joints instead.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
>>5351432
Hasbro does not make "polished, precise and heavy QC" toys. They make crappy toys and Star Wars fans still snatch them up. And for all of 3A's faults, I would never say that their toys are "crappy in the technical sense," save for the odd misfire here and there (Master Chief, for instance). So yeah, 3A should definitely being doing the Star Wars Black series instead of Hasbro.
>>
>>5351432
My Greedo has loose hips and the knees are fucking weird
>>
File: I_m_gonna_report_you_.png (618 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
I_m_gonna_report_you_.png
618 KB, 1280x720
>>5351476
Heh
>>
>>5351476
Can any company make a decent stormtrooper face?
>>
>>5356597
Yes but you'll have to buy a model kit
>>
>>5351432
TFA stormtroopers arms can't bend worth a damn or hold a fucking gun
>>
The FO Stormtrooper has shit elbows but I like everything else.
>>
>>5351432
The first wave with Maul was actually really well-done and exciting. But since then it seems like they don't even try half the time. Their paint is just so absolutely shitty and they've gotten gummier plastic. I'm also pretty damn salty about IG-88's t-crotch and hope that's no an indicator for future droids or Grievous. I also wish they'd lay off the cloth material. Kylo turned out good but Vader shouldn't have had cloth on his torso and Palpatine would have looked way better if they had just done him in plastic like Maul.

As they are now I just buy the Black Series for army building and masked characters that Bandai probably won't do.
>>
>>5356622

The elbows are pretty bad, but they can hold the guns just fine...
>>
Luke and Leia are made short for "accuracy", but Finn and Rey ignore this. I would prefer Luke and Leia scaled up to look better with the others.

No TFA character includes Luke's ANH blue lightsaber.

Mass market Kylo Ren has an inaccurate lightsaber. The correct one is with the more expensive Kmart exclusive, but Kmart is a few hundred miles away.

Greedo/Han TRU set doesn't in lude the dxtra items released with the singles despite no price break.

Troopers aren't easy to come by. Peroid.
>>
>>5351432
I got the 3.75 figures of the black series,
han and luke
i opened luke and boy is he exceptional
hes amazing
then i opened han and was soooooooooooooo dissapointed
what a downgrade all around
>>
>>5356644
I'd honestly argue Palpatine should have LESS plastic. That plastic skirt combined with the cloth robe make neither plastic fans or cloth fans happy.
I just cut it off and glued the robe shut. I like him way better now.
>>
Which is better/worse, the 3.75" or the 6"?
>>
>>5356687
>sooooooooooooo
faggot for fucking sure
>>
>>5357024
>people unironically want 3.75 inch figures

ultimate jew
>>
im into buying a black series 6 inch darth vader. and im seeing one pretty cheep on Ebay. Are there KO Black series darth vader 6 inch figures?
>>
>>5351432
my biggest gripe is the low supply and retailers never getting new waves.
TFA line seems like it is doing better with supply but for older releases im stuck paying aftermarket prices. also other lines are shittign on their quality. figuarts, medicom and the elite line out do their sculpts and paint apps. but Black Series will always have a scope the other lines will never cover like In scale vehicles, I hope a x wing will come down the line.
>>
>>5357289
i belive their is KOs but they look like shit. i kinda wanna sell my black series vader now that i have my mafex.
>>
>>5357103

Some of us don't have space or money for the larger figures. It's also much easier to set up dioramas in general and more fun to fiddle with them.
>>
>>5357364

It's pretty much the same storyline with these figures as it is with other toylines (or at least, other Hasbro lines).

Stores over order the first 2 or 3 waves, so there are fuck tons of figures on the shelves.
Dozens of the same pegwarmer start to accumulate.
Stores always look like they have stock of that particular line, so the system never updates that it needs more.
New cases never get ordered, same Pegwarmers are sitting there forevermore.

Before the TFA figures came out, the last wave I saw of the Black Series 6" figures was the wave with the generic clone trooper. By then, there were so many Hans, Greedos, and Slave Leias clogging up pegs across the land nothing else came in.

Same thing really ends up happening with Marvel Legends and the like. There were a lot of waves that got skipped because there were like, three different Iron Men from different waves warming pegs.
>>
>>5357588
Ever heard of ordering online, dumbass? Who the fuck buys things in a store anymore? You can get sealed cases now!
>>
>>5357624
Not him, but because the paint apps are all over the goddamn place, I hate buying online.

And why the fuck is this unsolveable street sign captcha back? Took me five minutes before it finally worked.
>>
>>5357624

And deal with the horrific paint apps that throwing the dice for online ordering brings?

No thanks. I'd rather not have the figures at all.

If I'm ordering online, I'll take superior SHFs or something, thank you.
>>
File: stormtrooperscompared.jpg (12 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
stormtrooperscompared.jpg
12 KB, 300x168
>>5357640
>complain about poor paint apps
>would rather suffer from poor sculpts instead at twice the price
between a rock and a hard place, yo.

or not, since there's 5 other brands releasing the same characters
>>
>>5357661

To be fair, exactly zero of those Stormtroopers that have been put out look right.

I don't have the Figuarts Stormy anyway.

Besides, no matter what, people will always bitch about how the sculpt looks just to have something to bitch about, but when it comes down to it, you just pick up the ones you like the look of best.

On the other hand, it is pretty undeniable that the Black Series generally tend to have shit paint apps, and just like most American toys, you have to rifle though entire cases or pegs just to find the one or two that are "acceptable" looking.
>>
File: horseface gymnast.jpg (39 KB, 620x433) Image search: [Google]
horseface gymnast.jpg
39 KB, 620x433
>>5357665
>exactly zero of those Stormtroopers that have been put out look right.
At this point, you're basically saying
>sharp knees, wouldn't bang.
To expect perfection is retarded, because it's impossible.
I think for most of us, we pick the one that looks the closest to what it's supposed to be. So we choose which has the least amount of flaws.
Obviously, there's a point where something is too off for us to even consider ever buying it.

What I find crazy are people who claim they forgo aesthetics for just poseability.
>>
>>5358659
>To expect perfection is retarded, because it's impossible.

That's exactly what I was trying to say, though.

People will bitch no matter what.

If the figure looks super accurate, and has a great, unbroken sculpt, it is probably going to be lacking in articulation.

If the figure has tons of articulation, it is probably going to be lacking in sculpt.

You kind of have to give up something to get something, and have all aspects of the figure meet in the middle somewhere.

But people will still always find something to complain about, just to make a point that they "had to settle." It'll be something retarded like, the head shape isn't exactly what they wanted, or the arms are ever so slightly too long, or the feet are a smidge too big or something. And people will insult another brand no matter how good or bad the actual figure is, just to justify how much/how little they spent on their particular figure.
>>
File: 1451015111597.jpg (425 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
1451015111597.jpg
425 KB, 1280x1920
>>5357640
> superior SHFs

Look at this fucking elbow joint. It looks like hot garbage.
>>
>>5358682

No, it looks like he has a murderous death-spike growing out of his elbow, which is awesome.
>>
>>5358682
Please look at the black series single jointed elbows and then kill yourself for even joking that the SHF are worse than the black series
>>
>>5351432
they're pretty good and have believable articulation limits since i don't expect Strormtrooper to pose like JoJo or jump like Spider-Man. the only thing that would piss me off is if they have limitations in simple things like holding a gun.
>>
>>5358694
Honestly I think Black Series Ren looks much better than SHF.

>BS can pull back hood, and be fixed to a position, SHF cannot
>While BS only has a 90 degree elbow bend, it doesn't look as bad as the elbows on SHF.
>Cloth cloak looks better than the plastic, doesn't get in the way as much

I mean, in all seriousness, what good is more articulation if the figure looks like absolute trash with all the articulated joints?

But the SHF does have a much better lightsaber at least. I would get that if it had an unmasked head too.
>>
In terms of figure selection it's been poor. The first wave was amazing, in fact most of the orange and blue boxed figures were ok. This red boxed stuff the quality has gone complete shit and they've up the exclusives up 10 fold. Pretty much all collectors groups on FB have gone down by half in activity or membership since then and its common for people to sell their whole collection.
>>
File: spartan weeb.jpg (118 KB, 685x455) Image search: [Google]
spartan weeb.jpg
118 KB, 685x455
>>5358681
sorry if it seems like i disagreed with you or anything, i was just adding on to your point.

>If the figure has tons of articulation, it is probably going to be lacking in sculpt.
this i do disagree with.
There's tons of examples of figures having a ton of articulation and not lacking in sculpt from many many lines, like those Stormtroopers. Obviously, the Revoltech is hyper poseable because he has a lanky sculpt, but the other figures can do many many raelistic poses even though they're accurately sculpted.
Or look at McFarlane's amazingly sculpted Halo line that had a lot of well disguised joints that allowed for a ton of great poses.
>>
File: KMart_Kylo-Snow.jpg (161 KB, 1200x1190) Image search: [Google]
KMart_Kylo-Snow.jpg
161 KB, 1200x1190
>>5358694
Compare the pic of above with this. Now kill yourself after realizing the truth.
>>
>>5356622
they held the gun fine. Should be able to shave down the elbos to improve articulation but better off with the bandai kit
>>
>>5356622
They can hold them, aiming them is another story
>>
>>5359348
Did a bird crap on his skirt?
>>
>>5360726
He got into his dad's coke stash
>>
>>5358997
their halo figures or at least the spartan/covenant figures are great. their ac figures, not so much.

>>5360730
lol on several levels.
>>
>>5351432
I'm debating on Revoltech or MAFEX Boba Fett. Can anyone vouch for either?

Also... is MAFEX Fett even out yet?
>>
>>5363545
Gee I dunno, what does the internet say? The very thing that can answer a question in seconds have to say? Oh, you're retarded, sorry.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.