[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best Luke Skywalker Green Lightsaber on the market
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 470x703) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 470x703
What is the best Luke Skywalker Green Lightsaber on the market and under $200. I see the force fx series but the only green saber they have is yoda and it is too small
>>
>>5344012
Tamashii Nations PROPLICA
>>
File: images.jpg (18 KB, 522x129) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
18 KB, 522x129
This thing was my childhood. Many weekends whacking my cousin with it. Good times...
>>
>>5344012
I should've also elaborate:

I intend to use this as a group costume thing, and I'm supposed to be Luke. Lights and sound as well as adult size are needed
>>
>>5344012
oh they have luke's too. its just $400
>>
>>5344037

I had it too, and while generally I thought it was cool I always hated that part of the blade was always out
>>
>>5344012
Saberforge makes a luke hilt called the "redeemer". It will be over $200 with sound. Ultrasabers also makes one, which might be cheaper. I thought hasbro made an fx luke around 05?
>>
>>5344012
If you get the ultrasaber Archon v3 without sound it'll probably go under $200 assuming you live in the states.
>>
>>5344689
ACTUALLY "Prodigal Son" is their ROTJ Luke hilt, "Redeemer" is their Episode III and onwards Obi Wan hilt.
>>
>>5344840
Impressive, most impressive. Do you know how heavy? it is and how fragile the blade is?
>>
>>5344959
I dunno nigga look up some youtube reviews, I ain't got $400+ dollars to spend on what essentially are noisy glowsticks.
>>
>>5344037

I had this! Also had a Count Dooku version and an episode 1 Obi Wan version. Me and my cousins used to run around my hard having insane battles. Good times.

Also OP, I have a green Luke replica I got several years ago, like my 12th birthday I think, that is a ForceFX. I can't see them discontinuing such an enduringly popular saber but hell. Maybe eBay has one somewhere.
>>
>>5344959
They have a high-grade blade for 10 dollars more than the standard that's super durable. I got hit with one and it cracked a tooth.
>>
>>5344037
I have the hilt on my bookshelf, though the bulb and blade were lost to time.
And my brother has the matching Vader.
And I have a scar below my right eye.
>>
>>5344689
Ultrasabers makes 2 versions of the RoTJ Luke. Both are cheaper with no sound and both are still amazing looking. They do not use LED blades but a single laser quality LED that easily lights the whole blade.

https://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/stunt-archon.htm
Archon 2.1 is close to the Luke but not exact. it's 149

https://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/stunt-archonv3.htm
Archon v3 is even closer to the Jedi Luke saber and is 159.

And if you want a saber like ol Rens they do those too.
>>
>>5344037
This thing was so heavy and big compared to the non electric ones.
Still loved it.
>>
How long till they make a lightsaber that can actually extend?
>>
>>5348110
You mean ones that you don't have to flick out?
They have those. They were spring loaded and shit.
>>
>>5348150

Nah I mean the ones that are just the hilt, but they can extend to the full size. Not like the shitty plastic ones where it's always partly on
>>
>>5348153
Consider how large it would have to be to accommodate the thick plastic they use for their blades. And how much weaker it would have to be than a solid piece.
Then if you don't want it spring loaded and even weaker, or have to flick the blade, it would have to have some kind of motor to extend the blade, making it weak to strikes and an absolutely massive hilt.

You're best off with a fixed blade or one that screws in.
The best extending ones I've found are the 2002 Hasbro ones.
The grip is small enough to close my hand around, the blade is durable enough to take a moderate beating, and it has a belt clip.
I've had Episode I Obi-Wan's since it was new.
Much better looking than Qui-Gon's.
>>
File: 14260492[1].jpg (23 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
14260492[1].jpg
23 KB, 500x400
So /toy/, The store I work at recently got these Black series Lightsabers in. Is it worth picking one up?
>>
>>5349149
Those are just re-branding of the old Master Replica sabers, but yeah as far as that one goes, for a Luke saber with sound its a fair price. Just don't expect it to hold up to much abuse...like any at all. The LEDs in the blade will go out from even minor impacts.
>>
File: 007.jpg (402 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
007.jpg
402 KB, 1600x900
>>5349149
I've got Vader's and Luke's and they're awesome. Luke's suffers a little bit due to it being easier to make out the separation between the LEDs in some parts of the blade (I read somewhere that this is due to blue light not being as vibrant as red, though that could just be mumbo jumbo). Not a big deal, but just something I noticed between Vader's and Luke's.

The detail of the hilts is great and the metal construction makes them feel quite nice. The sabers respond well to your motions too, playing the appropriate vrmmm vrmm sound depending on how quickly and how long you swing the saber. It's pretty darn fun to turn out the lights and swing 'em around in the dark, haha.

Definitely try to get them on sale though, I paid about $105 plus tax for each of my sabers and I'm very happy with that price. The MSRP of $150 plus tax on the other hand, is overpriced in my opinion.

>>5349337
I watched a video of a guy purposely destroying a Force FX saber by whacking it on stuff, and it actually put it with a fair amount of abuse before LEDs started going out. I remember the LEDs would blink out on impact but then flicker back to life. He ended up whacking it against a metal bar full strength and that immediately knocked out half the LEDs, heh.

Still definitely would never want to purposely whack things with these if you can help it, because you never know what could happen and I know that LED strip is delicate.
>>
>>5349402
I don't know why anyone would want to do full-contact duels with these things. They're clearly for show. If you want to do saber duels the sensible thing to me would be to choreograph and film a fight with non-electronic versions and then add special effects later.

These are for novelty and wow factor.
>>
>>5350530
No shit.
>>
>>5350530
But they are durable as hell.
>>
>>5349402
Dude what are those mini gundams on your desk?
>>
File: DSCN1064.jpg (288 KB, 2173x737) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1064.jpg
288 KB, 2173x737
>>5349149
Had my Anakin FX saber for a few years. Holding up pretty good. Got it off Ebay new for $114
>>
>>5344037
I still have this, though when I was a teenager I lent it to my younger cousin because he wouldn't quit bugging me, naturally he broke the blade. Fortunately his mother was brilliant and bought a newer one (or knock-off I'm not sure which) and replaced that one section, it's a slightly different colour, but I still have my original. Never let him touch anything of mine again.
>>
>>5347987
ultrasabers thin neck game is pathetic, just sayin.

http://www.saberforge.com/elite-sabers/prodigal-son-saber

http://www.saberforge.com/elite-sabers/redeemer-saber

http://www.saberforge.com/elite-sabers/exhalted-saber

also, ultrasabers cross gaurd sabers (kylo ren-esque sabers) are mostly rips on saberforge models (which are unfortunately sold out as far as I know), with less detail in the machining of hilt itself, and are much bulkier. actually, most ultrasabers products are bulky ugliness
>>
>>5351440
Not him, but the line is called Gundam CONVERGE. There's shitloads of them and they're amazing.
>>
>>5354045
Thought it was dash but it doesn't look as shitty as dash, thanks man,
i like the fact there's a shitload of them,
>>
>>5354045
wait a sec,
why not get NXEDGE then,
same fucking price almost
>>
>>5344037
I had this! I wish I'd kept it, as the newer ones either don't light up or just look shit. I wanted to get a lightsaber for the Ep 7 premiere, but they're all so crap these days.
>>
File: kittysees.png (123 KB, 278x351) Image search: [Google]
kittysees.png
123 KB, 278x351
>>5354071
>not shelling out hundreds for the Black Series sabers

shiggy diggy do
>>
>>5351982
not that the sabers aren't impressive in real life but the effect they produce on camera is stunning
>>
>>5353917
Yeah I dunno why anyone buys Ultrasabers when it's not really much more expensive to just get Saberforge when they're especially far better quality.

I mean if you're just getting a glowstick you want to bang together maybe getting a cheap Ultrasaber is good but most people get these things to fantasize and because they look cool.
>>
>>5351982
Finn? The fuck are you doin off the set?
>>
File: IMG_20151214_211339.jpg (3 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151214_211339.jpg
3 MB, 3120x4160
>>5351294
no they aren't i have one and it is pretty dented. If you want a real saber for heavy fighting you're best bet is to make one or get something like ultrasabers that have really heavy poly carb tubes. Roommate and i made some and you can fight with them as hard as you want which is super great but a master replica gets beat up by them right away. Thinking of replacing my anakin one now.

Pic is just sanded poly carb tubes, waiting of corbin film tubes from ultrasabers which should be a lot brighter.
>>
Somewhat related, what're the name of the collectibles that are just the hilts? Are they good quality? I remember seeing them years ago, and obviously my interest in Star Wars has been rekindled lately. I'm just interested in display pieces, so having the blades isn't all that necessary to me.
>>
>>5355038
Man this is the first time I've seen these things look shitter on camera than IRL.
>>
File: IMG_20151214_211316.jpg (2 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151214_211316.jpg
2 MB, 3120x4160
>>5356305
better if its darker and the red is not bright enough for the sanded tube.
>>
So for Sabreforge lightsabers, how much of a difference is the 12W LED? Would 6W be fine if you're mainly using it for display purposes?
>>
File: 018.jpg (357 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
018.jpg
357 KB, 900x1600
:3
>>
>>5356493
If you are gonna have it turned on a lot, 12watt is killer
>>
File: image.jpg (604 KB, 1936x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
604 KB, 1936x1936
My sister is good people
>>
I dug up my old Luke FX saber, but the battery pack's missing. Any idea where I'd get a new one? No luck on ebay
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.