[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any stories of how you lost your toys? Has anyone ever thrown
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: 13f.jpg (26 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
13f.jpg
26 KB, 600x449
Any stories of how you lost your toys? Has anyone ever thrown away or sold off your toys? Share some stories mates
>>
my jp kenner toys were given to family members I never see, now I found out these toys go for hundreds online..
>>
I believe last time I shared my story, some people became hopelessly depressed and jumped off a bridge.
>>
Sounds inspirational :') tell us sir
>>
File: skippy, except not really.jpg (16 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
skippy, except not really.jpg
16 KB, 500x500
I had a stuffed killer whale that I must have gotten from SeaWorld or something when I was a little kid, named him Skippy. I had Skippy for as long as I could remember, and then we had to move away down to San Diego. We were staying at a hotel and the fucking maids stole Skippy. I haven't gone to a Travelodge since. Weird thing is, I've tried looking up stuffed killer whales the same make or model as Skippy, but I could never find them. Pic related is the closest I could find, except Skippy's dorsal fin was taller and the pectoral fins were thinner.
>>
File: il_570xN.402591417_i847.jpg (33 KB, 570x428) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.402591417_i847.jpg
33 KB, 570x428
>be 4 or so
>go on family trip, airplanes
>have beloved Pound Puppy with me
>get off plane wherever
>realize I don't have him
>panic
>my parents go back to the gate to ask if anyone turned him in
>no and the plane has already left
>heartbroken

That I still remember it means I must have taken it pretty hard
>>
File: FP435-EB333634168-B.jpg (58 KB, 463x441) Image search: [Google]
FP435-EB333634168-B.jpg
58 KB, 463x441
We needed to clear the house of old junk and furniture, and my big box of toys were part of it, back in '98. Before i gave them away, I had some huge adventure with them. I pit two or more toys against each other and made it so they both died in battle, but made sure the good guys died heroically somehow. Among them as i remember were Man-at-arms, a sorcerer Mickey figure, the 4 tmnt's, Ares from the Hercules TV show, some Sea World mascot figures, Happy Meal Sonic, etc.

The adventure was that the current world was ending and only few of the strongest would live on into the recreated one (not go back into the toy box for donation). I would pit characters like Animaniacs tricycle vs. the Sonic, TMNT vs the happy meal dinosaur robots, Man-at-arms vs. sorcerer mickey, Barbie and the knock-off barbies vs. Ares...it was just an all-out war.

Anyway, it came to a point where it was a single lego minifig and a fisher-price Happy Apple, outnumbered by a bunch of the remaining bad guys: Ares, a chinese-factory dinosaur army, a silver cockroach-dog thing, Usagi Yojimbo (now a turncoat) and the travel-version of Crocodile Dentist.

The happy apple was no fighter, but turned out to be a strong and agile character until it threw itself over to Crocodentist, killing them both. it sacrificed itself so that the minifig could live. Since the minifig "had the means" that no one else had. As a result, I had ultimately decided all the toys I cherished would have to be given away, and that the Legos could stay. it was simply too good a toy to give away, but I eventually gave that up as well.

Still have the minifig though.
>>
Had a big assortment. Old marvel stuff, a bunch of playmates trek figures, almost the whole lineup from beast wars, and some Kenner aliens. Mom became foster parent after getting divorce. After spending a weekend at my dad's I come home to find a horrible discovery. My two younger foster brothers had found my you box. I kid you not they had broken every single action figure and rc car I had. They were all destroyed. Scattered the yard, some were on the roof, everything was in pieces. Run in to ask my mom what happened, why didn't she stop them. She with a bitchy grin says, "You were too old for them anyways...." I was 13. I didn't buy a toy again till my early 20's.
>>
>>5340684
Toy box*
>>
My parents had a real habit of deciding when I no longer "deserved" my toys. My mom was fond of throwing away my favorite toys in front of me as punishment for basically anything; my dad, meanwhile, preferred the "throw/give away any toys that were not suitably masculine while I was at school" technique.

Then, there was the time they sold all my original series Star Wars figures (oldfag alert, BTW) at a garage sale while I was at a friend's house for the day.

I'm pretty much certain this is the reason for my near-"Hoarders" level of packratting nowadays, as well as my manchild toy collecting tendencies...or, y'know, you can just blame autism, the preferred response to basically anything on this board. Whichever works for you.
>>
My parents never intentionally took/threw away my toys, and I'm lucky enough to still have most of them. One time, when my grandmother died, they sold most of her bric-a-brac in a garage sale, including a bunch of plush animals I loved that I kept at her house. My parents just didn't know they were important to me, and when I found out I cried for hours. It still makes me a little sad to this day, but I hope some kid grew up loving them.

I also dropped a plush lion toy as a toddler when we were in Paris, and my parents retraced our steps but never found it. I don't remember that one myself, but I've been told the story and shown photos of myself with the lion enough times to know it pretty exactly.
>>
File: Bionic Man ad.jpg (832 KB, 1303x2004) Image search: [Google]
Bionic Man ad.jpg
832 KB, 1303x2004
Sold most of my Matchbox cars to the girl down the street for 35 cents to feed my addiction to Star Wars cards. They were probably all doubles.
At thirteen I was moving and gave Jumbo Machinder Mazinger to the younger kid across the street who I knew really liked it. I also knew he kept many of his toys in the dirt in his back yard.
After moving I gave most of my He-Man guys to the kindergarten kid who lived next-door.
In High School I sold a good chunk of my Transformers, MASK and GI Joe stuff to a friend, so I could buy comics. This friend had a tiny bedroom and was in the habit of smashing any toys he no longer cared for since he only had so much room.
Kept nearly all my Star Wars guys but somehow managed to lose, break or misplace all the vehicles and playsets.
Steve Austin suffered acid burns from a battery leaking in his bionic regeneration chamber and had to be thrown out.
Threw away all my Playmobil guys because the box they were in smelled musty.
Threw away nearly all my Lego when it became clear I wasn't having any children to pass them on to and my nephew was more interested in TV and electronics. Plus they were kinda dingy and full of teeth marks. Maybe a year later he started asking for Lego. Now Lego is the thing I mainly collect.
>>
I was pretty young when I was selling toys I didn't really care about at a yard sale to make pocket change. What I brought were mostly old plastic cars and baby toys. I also took a couple my brother's figures.l, but thankfully had case of consciousness. Decided to put his back in the box under the tailgate I was using. I watch this bitch go through the box, pull out Roboto, where upon seeing asks how much. I tale her it's not for sale, that it was my brother's o had to accidently picked up. I can't remember what distracted me, but I saw here later leaving with it and couldn't stop her ( being 5 or 6). She didn’t pay me or my parents, so she either paid the family friends also selling things or just took it. I didn't get another on for me or my brother until after college.
>>
Tangentially related. Ordered a figure for a friend that shipped on October 27th through SAL.

Still not here. Spooked.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.