[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My fave toy for a long time. Dammit.. i want to go back in time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
My fave toy for a long time. Dammit.. i want to go back in time
>>
>>5338251
oh man. I never had one of those. It looks AWESOME. surprisingly accurate as well.
>>
Thanks for the feels anon. Loved this as a kid as well.

So pricey now.
>>
I remember seeing one of those as a kid. Quite nicely detailed for back in the day. I recall the landing gear was articulated with spring mechanisms that worked just like they did on the tv show.
>>
File: $_1.jpg (25 KB, 400x316) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
25 KB, 400x316
>>5338614
>I recall the landing gear was articulated with spring mechanisms that worked just like they did on the tv show.
You recall wrongly then.
The landing gear was one piece that snapped in place. There were no "spring mechanisms".
>>
>>5338251
That was my Millennium Falcon
>>
I remember the front cockpit portion and the back rocket engines would come off and click together. It made for some great moon base / escape ship play.

I also remember the figures being shit with very little or no articulation.

Man did I love it though.
>>
>>5338251
how was it ever possible to manufacture toys like this? No way could something that detailed ever be made today without costing hundreds or even thousands.

It truly is a marvel to see how people survived in the past.
>>
>>5340983
It's a damn good toy, but it's not some technomarvel. It's basically the equivalent of a Star Wars ship, or GI Joe vehicle/base. It was even kinda chintzy for it's time it doesn't even have lights or sound. (Which for something of that vintages would be a regular lightbulb instead of a LED, and some sort of mechanical noisemaker instead of a sound chip.)
>>
File: eagle101.jpg (156 KB, 855x639) Image search: [Google]
eagle101.jpg
156 KB, 855x639
>>
File: eagle102.jpg (124 KB, 855x639) Image search: [Google]
eagle102.jpg
124 KB, 855x639
>>
>>5338986
Possibly confused with the diecast Eagle made by Dinky - that one had sprung landing pads. I had three (still got one, but it's seen better days...).
>>
>>5345156
>Possibly confused
Obviously, since that's not what's in OP, dumbass.
>>
>>5345363
Your post doesn't even make sense. "Possibly" doesn't refer to confusion, but to what he possibly confused it with, moron.
>>
>>5345381
>moron
You can't follow the conversation and you call me a moron?
Right back at you, Pedro.
>>
>>5345426
>Pedro
That's not even an insult, that's just a name, idiot.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.