[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't Cuddle the Krampus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
Final 12 hours if you were interested in backing this. Needs like 6k.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/warpo/dont-cuddle-the-krampus-retro-80s-toy-line
>>
that looks dumb
>>
It's just My Pet Monster.
>>
>>5328551
>It's just My Pet Monster.
I guess that is the point.
>>
>>5328709
but with le meme Krampus
>>
I just put up $100 because it seems pretty neat but if it fails I could honestly care less.
>>
>>5328712
Krampus is a meme now?
really?
>>
File: venture_ep014xmas_08.jpg (150 KB, 1080x608) Image search: [Google]
venture_ep014xmas_08.jpg
150 KB, 1080x608
>>5328882
For a while now.
>>
>>5328882
Apparently, yeah.
>>
>>5328954

And the new movie by the Trick r' Treat guys.

Which I highly suggest you see right now at this moment.
>>
>>5328961
yea, that movie suprised with how good it was
the atmosphere is fantastic
>>
File: Sc319-0061.jpg (172 KB, 653x367) Image search: [Google]
Sc319-0061.jpg
172 KB, 653x367
>>5328882
There was a Family Guy episode about it
>>
>>5328961
I'm absolutely going to see it when I get some free time.
>>
>>5328975
good, it's a pretty worthwhile movie
i love the pratical effects in this
>>
>>5328975
It is surprisingly enjoyable.

Honest opinion though, it wasn't particularly scary. I think they were taking a dark comedy route instead. Still, really enjoyable. Best thing you can buy a ticket for right now.
>>
>>5329205
yea, it wasn't OMG SCARY!!!1 but more like the first gremlin movie kind of creepy horror comedy
>>
>>5329208
Definitely, I think that's the perfect way to describe it.
>>
And it didn't make it!!! Fuck I thought it was a work of genius by Warpo...
>>
It was very well done but just not appealing to enough people. While there's a large market for certain styles of 80s toys, like MotU and Dinoriders, I feel like stuff like My Pet Monster were toys for normies back in the day. So you're looking at largely a fanbase that doesn't exist, and while something like vintage Kenner figures has kept fans and made new fans over decades, the market for mid 80s gross out toys is literally one that only lasts for a generation of maybe 5-8 years and only then people that were interested in them in the first place.

They are talking about plan B but this will never make more money than it did right now. As other people have said, Krampus has reached pop culture saturation with exactly the market this would be aiming for, that is to say people who were 5-10 in the 80s who are still kind of up on pop culture and like shit like adult swim. It's Christmas time and there's a big budget 80s style movie of Krampus at every theater in the US right as we speak. If it didn't make it now, it's certainly not going to make it in 6 months.
>>
>>5329762
Just needed $3429. Thought they would use a dummy account to put that amount in so they get the rest of the money.
>>
>>5329797
Can confirm, I loved my My Pet Monster as a kid in the 80s, but there's no way I would fund a KS for a retro version.
>>
Too bad. I would have liked to get one.
>>
>>5328544
>that looks dumb
you and your anime dolls look dumb
>>5328551
>It's just My Pet Monster.
no shit sherlock
>>5328712
>but with le meme Krampus
kill yourself faggot

Seriously what the fuck /toy/. Quit retard mode.
>>
>>5332270
>waaah, people don't like the KS I linked to. waaaah.
>>
>>5332359
>waaaah respond
You seem upset.
>>
>>5332359
How about you shut the fuck up, whiney bitch!
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.