[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
threezero just posted this up hinting at a D9 mechsuit in the works?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
threezero just posted this up

hinting at a D9 mechsuit in the works?
>>
Well gee I've only been wanting that for like six god damn years.
>>
>>5327019
oh great, make figures of a movie that hasn't been relevant for like 5 years ago
>>
>>5327019
Great, more stuff I can't afford
>>
>>5327019
lol what a fag, that's not the d9 suit that's from robocop 2
>>
File: Cain face happy.jpg (15 KB, 373x540) Image search: [Google]
Cain face happy.jpg
15 KB, 373x540
HO-LEE
SHIT

FUCKIN' ROBOCOP TWO
>>
>>5327019
>District 9 Prawn figure
OH GOD
FUCKING FINALLY
I NEED IT
PLEASE
I BEG YOU
>>
File: D6PfW.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
D6PfW.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
>>5327019
>>
File: MTcBJ.gif (1 MB, 478x260) Image search: [Google]
MTcBJ.gif
1 MB, 478x260
>>5327019
>Cain, one of my favorite mechsuit designs ever
>District 9
ThreeZero confirmed for fucking company of the year.

Don't get me wrong, I am really excited for him still, but Hot Toys already made a Cain. My real wish would be for them to make the infamous prototype that pulls off its own head. I don't think anyone's ever made a toy of it and it's such an iconic scene.

Also, better late than never on D9. Remember like a year or so back some company was gonna make unlicensed Prawns and everyone lost their shit? I don't see any reason not to be excited about them now. The movie still holds up well and begs for toys to be made.
>>
>>5327019

>>Why would they make toys of something that came out fives years ago lol how gay

>>proceeds to buy Damashiis of 70's anime, Star Wars toys, and Ninja Turtles
>>
>>5327191
the mech in d9 launches PIGS into people, if that's not cool then I dont know what to tell ya
>>
>>5327019
That's a fookin' prawn if I've ever seen one.
>>
>>5327043
>Reading comprehension
>>
>>5327180
Is that gif from robocop?
>>
>>5327221
It's from Robocop 2.
>>
>>5327261
Huh, makes sense
>>
>>5327043
What about all the pictures of the D9 mech suit on the table underneath the figures?
>>
>>5327180
>Hot Toys made a Cain

They made a prototype they showed off in a couple of photos and then it was never heard from again.

The only Cain merchandise in general circulation is the limited and extremely expensive Chronicle Collectibles statue, and the Koto gashapon 3.75" Cain.
>>
>>5331160
did Neca ever show off a prototype?
>>
>>5331164
Not that I recall.

Tippet Studios were pretty mad when ED-209 had garage kits pop up in Japan less than six months after the film released, they thought the design would be too complex to copy.

So when it came to Cain, they went all-out to make it too complicated to reproduce. It's an insanely complex design.
>>
>>5331171
>Americans thinking Japan can't copy shit

kek, what a bunch of faggots
>>
>>5327043
>I have no brain the post
>>
File: Kotobukiya_Robocop_2_Cain.jpg (155 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Kotobukiya_Robocop_2_Cain.jpg
155 KB, 1600x1200
>>5331160
>the Koto gashapon 3.75" Cain.
??!!!
I never knew this existed.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.