[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know, I don't particularly like this design, but I was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
File: Hate.jpg (181 KB, 1500x1183) Image search: [Google]
Hate.jpg
181 KB, 1500x1183
You know, I don't particularly like this design, but I was getting Shin Getter and its weapons set, and since Mazinkaiser gets weapons from the same set, I figured I'd pick it up as well.

And out of the box it looked gorgeous. But then I tried swapping the hands. The double ball joints on it are so shit, that they went with the hands instead of staying in the wrists, and when I finally got the double ball out of the hand and attempted to plug it back into the wrist, the fucking cup for the ball joint in the wrist broke in two and fell out, leaving me unable to put a fucking hand on the figure at all. This was WITHIN MINUTES OF TAKING IT OUT OF THE PACKAGE.

Are all SRCs this shit? I haven't received Getter yet and I'm seriously thinking about sending it back for a refund.
>>
>>5324140
I had the exact same problem with my Mazinkaiser. Every other SRC I've bought has been fantastic aside from minor QC issues that were known to me prior to purchasing. I think this is one of those common issues. I ended up gluing it on the wrist side so it's at least still single jointed.
>>
>>5324140
>Are all SRCs this shit?

No.

And I don't think Mazinkaiser is shit. I own the first release, changed its hands, and nothing broke. Maybe it was a problem with yours.
>>
>>5324154
Not OP, but guy who said he had the same issue. Funny you mention that yours was first release and didn't have the problem, mine was the reissue like OP's and *did*. Maybe only a problem with the most recent run
>>
>>5324160
Why was it even double jointed in the first place? How did that extra ball even add anything?

Anyway, I now realize after the fact that this was partially my fault because I was trying to force the bigger of the two balls in when it's engineered to take the smaller one, but I hadn't yet noticed that the two balls were different sizes to begin with when I was doing that.
>>
>>5324140
>Are all SRCs this shit?
Don't think it, almost all SRCs are excellent and I've never broke one
>>
File: 1326768998460.jpg (434 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1326768998460.jpg
434 KB, 960x1280
>>5324169
>Anyway, I now realize after the fact that this was partially my fault because I was trying to force the bigger of the two balls in when it's engineered to take the smaller one
>partially my fault

Seems to me that it was completely your fault, dude. The double balljoint coming off is pretty normal on tiny figures like this, and you are the one who broke the ball socket trying to force the wrong end of the joint in.

Are you sure you can't fix it gluing the socket or something?
>>
>>5324309
Mine actually broke as I was removing the hand, not replacing it. But I feel some Ham hands may have been involved anyway. I've got gorilla mitts
>>
>>5324697

>>5324309 here, I removed and reattached a hand on my first release to test it (it's been a year or so since the last time I did), the double ball popped out and attached back without a problem.

I don't really know if I'm just lucky or the plastic on the chromed release is worse quality.
>>
>>5324140
Mine didn't break, but the the cuffs came out early on an I can't put them back on now. I think I'm missing one.

And to answer your question OP, this isn't an issue with Shin Getter. He has plenty of his own problems, however
>>
>>5324789
Believe me, I can already tell without even having it in hand. Those eyes look like shit and I'm going to have to do something about it.

Since I'm not inclined to break anything else, what do I have to be particularly careful about on Shin Getter?
>>
>>5324789
>Mine didn't break, but the the cuffs came out early on an I can't put them back on now

The golden cuffs don't attach to anything, they just stay in place because they can't fall off after attaching the hand. That way they don't restrict the wrist joints.
>>
>>5324169
Double balljoints typically add quite a bit of motion if done right. It's the difference between a figure that can tilt their head up and down, or one that can chicken-neck.

And someone's already said it, but I have quite a few SRCs and all of them feel sturdy as shit and very high quality. I think you either had bad luck, got one with bad QC, or maybe you did hamhand it.
>>
>>5324980
It's the difference between a figure that can tilt their head up and down, or one that can chicken-neck

Right, but it seems pointless on the inside of a wrist since all the movement is going to be blocked by the outer arm.
>>
>>5324808
The eyes are, in fact, poorly done. Just another reason they should have gone with the SvN design. But alas.

My Shin Getter hasn't broke, but it might as well have considering how floppy the legs and wings are. I'd say be careful when putting on the getter beam accessory if you're even ever going to use it.

It's a shame Shin Getter is such garbage in terms of that stuff. The figure itself is really pretty barring the eyes and the fact they went with my least favorite design, and my other SRCs range from decent to very good
>>
>>5325404
Feels good being an armageddon fan. We get all the figures lol
>>
>>5325669
Yeah, too bad only the first and last 3 episodes of your favorite series were worth shit.

Black Getter is cool I guess, and some of the OST is alright, but getting rid of Imagawa killed the show.
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 900x649) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 900x649
If we're talking SRC problems right now my mazinger Z kurogane finish's left arm stop doing the the click noise nothing's broken I think the joint still work but it feel awkward. Is there any fix to this also it was right out of the box
>>5325404
I enjoyed the Armageddon ver getter 1 but offten wonder why the getter beam effect part was colored green, I mean was it so hard to paint it pink instead?
>>
File: 46456.jpg (26 KB, 530x525) Image search: [Google]
46456.jpg
26 KB, 530x525
>>5325926
>Yeah, too bad only the first and last 3 episodes of your favorite series were worth shit.

Still better than Shin VS Neo where only the first five minutes are actually good (and that's because they ripped that part from the manga). Seriously, what a fucking disappointment that series was.

>>5325974
>If we're talking SRC problems right now my mazinger Z kurogane finish's left arm stop doing the the click noise

Did you mean left knee? I have the original release and the only clicking joints are the knee ones.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 290x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 290x338
>>5326442
>only the first 5 minutes were good
>he didn't like the city fight with actual physics
>he didn't like Neo Getter 3 wrassling gamera
>he didn't like Jack and Mary
>he didn't like Shin Getter's first battle with STORM playing

Just stick to ttgl kid. I guess some people just don't have enough high power, man.
>>
>>5325974
>>5326442
toei mazinger has clicking/ratcheting joints on his elbows and knees, and out of those, the knees are the ones who ratched the most.
at least that's how mine works
>>
File: hayato is unamused.png (217 KB, 369x358) Image search: [Google]
hayato is unamused.png
217 KB, 369x358
>>5326625
>He doesn't like Shin VS Neo, better call him a Gurrenfag!

Are you sure you're not the kid here, anon?

I've watched plenty of super robot anime over the years, started at 6 and I'm now almost 30 years old. And Shin VS Neo is one of the most disappointing ones I've ever seen, and believe me when I say that I've seen plenty of shit series and OVAs. I was expecting way more of Texas Mack, and the final battle is pure crap. Bland as fuck powerup, and the "fight" itself is anticlimax incarnate.

There's also a lot of potential that gets completely wasted. ¿No return of the old Getter Team to help? ¿No Shin and Neo teamup? THAT would be a good setting for a decent final battle instead of "let's paint Shin Getter blue, add some spikes and stab the baddie in the gut, THE END".

And better not talk about Gore's redesign, that thing was fucking ridiculous even for a super robot villain, and that's saying something. He can't even open his fucking mouth to talk, come on. Even the original scrawny lizardman in a tattered cape is more intimidating than that.

>I guess some people just don't have enough high power, man.

That's the main problem I have against Shin VS Neo. There's no epicness whatsoever. Even the clusterfuck of a story that was Armaggedon managed to do way better in that regard.

I guess I was expecting way too much of it. Also HEATS >>>>>>>>>>>> STORM.
>>
>>5326691
>>5326625
This is /toy/, not /m/. Go argue about this stupid shit elsewhere, dudes.
>>
I have first wave Shin Getter and my only complaint is his hips are a bit weaker than I would like. But he's excellent, and i never had problems swapping hands or keeping them in.
>>
>>5326696

>>5326691 here, you're completely right., not going to continue. In fact, I think this is the second time this same discussion happens on /toy/ between that other anon (if he's the one that's always asking for Shin VS Neo figures) and me. Everyone has its own tastes, that's all there is to it.

>>5326703
Yeah, the loose hips is a common problem with SRC Shin Getter.
>>
>>5326795
>>5326696
I disagree with most of your criticisms on SvN but I'll admit, I judged Armageddon fat too harshly as well. Oh well.
>>
>>5326810
>fat

Fuck me, *far
And I think I was just let down because the first 3 episodes were very good, but the change of writers sort of made the whole flow of the story very awkward
>>
>>5326812
>>5326810

No worries, man. I don't even think Armageddon is THAT good, anyways. But I like it way better than SvN, that's all. Maybe I was just expecting something else.
>>
>>5326853
I can kinda see what you mean. I actually did like God Getter, but the fight was over WAY too quick. I wouldn't even have minded if it was just him beating the shit out of Gore the whole time.
>>
>>5326945
>the fight was over WAY too quick. I wouldn't even have minded if it was just him beating the shit out of Gore the whole time.

Yeah, I would have liked that better.

Just to go back to the topic of this thread, has anyone else pre-ordered pic related? I was waiting for Bandai to say something about the wings and didn't buy the first version, now I'm glad I waited.
>>
>>5327132
>90 bucks
Eh. At that point I'd just get an SoC or something

Then again I've yet to see SKL so I don't care that much for the robot
>>
>>5327217
>90 bucks

More like 65 if you pre-ordered at Amiami.
>>
File: smugrunegods.jpg (100 KB, 480x352) Image search: [Google]
smugrunegods.jpg
100 KB, 480x352
I feel like this is the right thread to ask if these guys have any merchandise, but I'm fairly certain the answer is "no".
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.