[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the odds this thing will actually be released and bandai
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 599x685) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 599x685
What are the odds this thing will actually be released and bandai isn't just fucking with me? I heard the SoC Kotetsushin Jeeg is trash and pretty much all Jeeg toys are far above 100 bucks, which is bad since I'm a poorfag who's made some very bad decisions recently
>>
File: 20150415_212142.jpg (151 KB, 1152x2048) Image search: [Google]
20150415_212142.jpg
151 KB, 1152x2048
IDK, SRC line seemed to had die down after God Sigma.

One cheap alternative is the trading figure from kaiyodo under their "KT Figure Collection: Dynamic Robot Museum" line. Since Jeeg is widely known as Dynamic's smaller robots (10m or so), it KINDA scales well with SRCs.

The trading figure can be hard to find since it's very old. Those trading figure lines by kaiyodo were the precursors to Revoltech. You can see a lot of Yamaguchi's sculpting and jointing in them.
>>
>>5308774
Thanks for the advice. I guess I'll just wait for one to show up on eBay then. Fuck manda's shipping fees
>>
File: FIGURE-010926.jpg (97 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-010926.jpg
97 KB, 600x600
The Denjikou Jeeg is pretty good, with quite a lot of diecast and decent articulation.
Almost all the joints are magnets but, unlike the wobbly mess that was the SoC, it has rubber-coated sockets that make the figure WAY more stable.
>>
>>5308780
Damn, should have got this while it was still up on amiami
>>
>>5308769
Speaking of underrepresented robots, where the fuck is my Boss Borot SRC? My Kotetsushin Jeeg SRC? My Texas Mack SRC?

I hope bandai gets off their asses or gets die
>>
>>5308769
>>5308774
I don't understand why Kaiyodo never made a Revoltech for this guy. His parts swapping alone makes it a perfect candidate for a Revoltech. They don't hesitate making minor robots, and Yamaguch made one before.

Oh well.I'm sure this SRC will be made. Unlike when you introduce a new line and show bunch of prototypes, this late into the line I think they really narrow it down to what they want to produce. Also they would want to get the major Nagai Go robots out of the way if they want to finish the line
>>
>>5308769
How bout you explain to me how you even have an interest in this 70's super robot anime pleb shit? I mean is this the epic /m/ culture of pretending to be a fan of ancient kids shows? God I hate you posers so much!
>>
>>5311479
You don't need to like the show to think a robot looks cool anon.
>>
>>5311479
There is a chance OP is from one of those countries that were showing reruns of old Japanese robot shows when he was a kid, well into the 80's or 90's. And not to mention there was a reboot/sequel(? I forgot the plot) series with a robot that had basically the same design. It's no different than people liking the old Optimus Prime.
>>
>>5311590
OP here. I love the original Jeeg's design so I decided to watch Kotetsushin Jeeg. I'm a slow watcher, but I'm on episode 4 right now and it's pretty fun. Hate the CG but whatever
>>
Speaking of DP robots, how did Grendizer become so popular? His design is... Less than appealing compared to stuff like Mazinger Z and Getter

>>5311479
You must be new, /m/ hates everything that isn't Gundam now
>>
File: Giga.jpg (149 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Giga.jpg
149 KB, 1280x720
>>5311674
>/m/ hates everything
Ftfty

I don't like Grendizer myself; to me, the best DP design is Great Mazinger in manga/OVA colours, which of course there's no figure of and if I tried painting the SRC it'd probably look like shit because I have no experience with painting. But anyway, yeah, Grendizer is bottom tier DP stuff, even Groizer is better. Grendizer Giga, on the other hand, is fucking badass looking and deserves a figure far more than its predecessor.

A little horn segmentation goes a long way.
>>
>>5311822
Can't argue there, Grendizer Giga is radical. Good taste on Great, too. On that topic, I think the Kaiser OVA also had the best Mazinger Z design. Too bad the SOC released way back when doesn't even come with a scrander, I would have bought it immediately.
>>
>>5311990
The Kaiser OVA had the exact same Mazinger design you see in the manga and Shin Mazinger.

The GX-45 SoC Mazinger is basically exactly what you're asking for even if it comes from Shin Mazinger in name. The same design from the OVA with more modern engineering and a scrander.
>>
>>5311997
Yeah, guess I'll save up for that bad boy. It sounds autistic but one of the main reasons the OVA version is my favorite is the white plider. It makes for a more subtle color scheme, kinda like SvN and manga Shin Getter's completely white chest piece vs. Armageddon Shin Getter's dominantly red one.
>>
>>5312003
I actually never noticed that. I could swear I remembered it being red during the whole sequence where it takes Kouji to Mazinkaiser's hangar.

Anyway, I kind of prefer it red for the same reason I prefer the non-Toei black limbs. Mazinger Z and Great both have a sort of graceful simplicity to them, and having more cohesive colours adds to that. Mazinger doesn't really have white anywhere on it, but the red matches nicely with the eyes, the chestplate and the scrander.

Anyway, you're in luck since GX-45 is like cheapest SoC. I've seen the SRC Shin Mazinger run for more. Which is crap because if there's any Mazinger Z figure I want, it's the Shin SRC.
>>
>>5312088
Yeah, I can definitely see your point there about the color scheme. That beautiful son of a bitch is going straight to my Christmas list, assuming he doesn't jump in price by then.
>>
>>5308769
I would Steel that Jeeg if I were there
>>
>>5308769
Screw Jeeg, where the fuck is my Big O?
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 662x491) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 662x491
>>5311822
>Somewhere out there, Groizer X is somebody's favorite robot
>>
>>5311822
Grendizer is more powerful than mazinkaiser
>>
>>5315212
Fuck off, wasim
>>
>>5315300
too soon
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.