[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a question for /toy/ Do you keep your rare toys in their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
I have a question for /toy/

Do you keep your rare toys in their boxes? I don't plan on reselling, but part of me wants to keep expensive ones in their boxes.

pic unrelated
>>
Nope.
If I'm keeping a toy, it's opened, box tossed unless I like the art, which is rare, or it's the only way to safely store the thing, which is rarer still.
>>
>>5301406
>Do you keep your rare toys in their boxes
No. I have a SOTA Fei Long that I was going to open, but then SHF made Bruce Lee and it's almost pointless now.
>>
>>5301415
>>5301415
This. I only keep the box if it looks nice or if the toy has a lot of bits so its easier to pack up when i move house.
>>
The box can be
- a functional part of a figure (bg, playhouse),
- may look like that for you
- "a part of a figure" aka statueshit box
- a place clogger
- a single adequate mean to store this specific figure
So I
- throw it
- throw away the blister, keep the rest neatly squished
- keep it
- throw it
- keep it
I have only mass produced stuff though.
>>
I always take them out of the box first thing. The whole "bluh bluh it loses its value once it's out the box" argument is meaningless unless you're buying rare shit as an investment. I buy shit so I can pose it and play with it, not to have it sit in a box.

I do keep the boxes around for the more rare/expensive stuff, especially if it has lots of loose parts/accessories. For the cheap stuff I just toss the box.
>>
>>5301406
I open everything. Seriously whats the point of buying something that is made to be posed and keeping it in the box?

You might as well buy a statue. It would look better.

As for keeping boxes. I throw them all out unless it's a really expensive figure. I'll keep the box just in case I need to resell it for whatever reason
>>
It's just like those songs/tracks/parts in some albums.
They are objectively shitty but the whole thing sounds the best only if complete so you just can not toss them.
>>
I keep boxes of expensive/collectible figures which keep a high resell value, just in case, although I do open them. So stuff like Hot Toys for example, I'll keep the box.

But if I got a $20 NECA predator... I just throw the box away.
>>
>>5301406
For toys? No. While I do buy some expensive toys at times I don't buy them purely because of how valuable they are. It's a waste of money to not give your toys some actions. With statues it's a different story. If it's decently valuable and the box has a window I'll leave it in just in case I regret it later
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.